GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #3

I had to step away for a little while the sentence made me cry for Hailey. I wasn't really expecting the judge to sentence to death, not that he doesn't deserve it.

It just made me feel sad for what Hailey went through. I grew up in Springfield during the time when you could play outside and not worry about strangers abducting you and doing horrible things to you. At least it was rare.

I pray her family can find peace and is not drug through every appeal that CW is granted.

Fly high Hailey! :rose:

01/11/2018

Sentencing Hearing Held

State appears by PA Dan Patterson, APA Todd Myers and APA Elizabeth Kieswetter Fax. Defendant appears from GCJ and with Attorney Patrick Berrigan, and Attorney Thomas Jacquinot. Argument heard on defendant's Motion for Judgment of Acquittal Notwithstanding the Verdict, or, in the Alternative For a New Trial, denied. Argument heard on defendant's Motion for Trial Court Imposition of a Sentence of Life Without Parole, denied. Sentence and Judgment, entered/filed. Orders as to Assistance of Counsel entered/filed. Advice of Rights Upon Conviction signed by defendant's Attorney Patrick Berrigan in open court entered/filed. Defendant remanded back to the custody of GCJ for transfer to DOC. Notice of Entry to GCJ. TEM/mmd

Scheduled For: 01/11/2018; 2:30 PM ; THOMAS E MOUNTJOY; Greene

Jinkasaurus said:
Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any remedy? On other forums I don't encounter this - only on WS

I don't use that feature - I bookmark my thread, and type in what the last post # was that I read.... :pcguru:

Jewels53 said:
Judge sentences Craig Wood to death for murdering 10 year-old Hailey Owens.

Good! :judge:

And you are correct, Jewel53: Frances M. Watson Defense ends argument against death by saying that life is precious and that Wood should be allowed to die on 'God's time.'

https://www.facebook.com/FMWatsonRep...aSTprx7OCReuDs

Hailey's life was precious also and CW took that away from her! imo

Her life was precious too...

Thank you all for the updates - I was already asleep when this all happened. Hate being 7 hours ahead.... :gaah:

I’m so glad he will never hurt another child.

Perhaps Hailey’s Mum could file a wrongful death suit against Wood for his trust fund.

Hailey will never be forgotten. May Hailey Rest In Peace.

Thank you to all of you for caring about Hailey and the case. Your updates have been much appreciated.

The family filed a wrongful death lawsuit and won an undisclosed amount of money in April of 2017.

I am happy about this sentencing. Knowing there will be appeals, but I believe those will be on his dime and not the State or County. Off to Potosi he goes.

JMO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potosi_Correctional_Center

As my mom and her sister used to say as they came over the hill on Hwy 185 outside Potosi - "I see 'tosi!". I suppose Wood will see 'tosi soon, too.

Relieved to hear this decision and hope it brings some peace to Hailey's family and friends.

Does anyone know of any articles that look into Craig Wood's childhood or his past in general?

I've been looking and I can't find anything.

What made this non-human piece of filth? What created him?

Hailey's crime is so horrific that I have to believe Wood has more in his background than just this one incident.

Looking at Hailey's picture is heartbreaking. Can you imagine how Hailey's loved ones feel?

I'll keep looking but if anyone who has anything about Wood's background please post the link in this thread.

Thank you,
Tricia

As my mom and her sister used to say as they came over the hill on Hwy 185 outside Potosi - "I see 'tosi!". I suppose Wood will see 'tosi soon, too.

I know exactly where you mean. We love that area. Many many great times we spend at Sunnen lake by Trout Lodge.

More on topic this came across my email:
1/13/2018 1:00AM
This e-mail is to inform you that CRAIG WOOD has been transferred from Greene County Jail to the Missouri Dept of Corrections. The transfer took place on 1/12/2018. As a result, you will no longer receive notifications concerning this offender under your current registration with VINE. However, if the new facility is using the VINE service, you can continue to receive notifications by re-registering with VINE.

Does anyone know of any articles that look into Craig Wood's childhood or his past in general?

I've been looking and I can't find anything.

What made this non-human piece of filth? What created him?

Hailey's crime is so horrific that I have to believe Wood has more in his background than just this one incident.

Looking at Hailey's picture is heartbreaking. Can you imagine how Hailey's loved ones feel?

I'll keep looking but if anyone who has anything about Wood's background please post the link in this thread.

Thank you,
Tricia

I can't seem to find anything either!

01/16/2018

Ord Allow In Forma Pauperis

Order Granting Deft Permission to Proceed on Appeal In Forma Pauperis entered/filed. TEM/mmd

01/12/2018

Proposed Order Filed

Proposed order granting dft permission to proceed on appeal in forma pauperis. Sent to court 01 12 19 at 2:52 /act

Filed By: THOMAS JOSEPH JACQUINOT

Mot to Proc In Forma Pauperis

Motion to perfect appeal as a poor person /act

Filed By: THOMAS JOSEPH JACQUINOT

On Behalf Of: CRAIG MICHAEL WOOD

Certificate of Mailing

Judgment sent to GCSO and DOC. /act

according to casenet.mo
I guess his appeals begin now and he wants them free because he is poor.

JMO

There were attempts several threads ago to check for possible links for earlier periods of his life. Due to the facts that he lived with his parents most of his life, and I believe even his current (at the time of the murder) house was actually in his parents name it was difficult to sleuth him without getting all into his family's information. So we left it all alone. There was much discussion on these as well as the Springfield Three case threads as to his possible connection there. There was certainly plenty of places for burial at the farm, and I believe he would have been college age around that time.

JMO

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...e-Springfield-Three-missing-since-June-1992-7

MODOC Home
State of Missouri

Offender data is current as of 01/25/2018 09:00 PM.

DOC ID
Offender Name
Craig Michael Wood
Race
White
Sex
Male
Date of Birth
03/25/1968
Height/Weight
6'2" / 292
Hair/Eyes
Gray/Partially Gray / Blue
Assigned Location
Potosi Correctional Center
Address
11593 State Highway O, Mineral Point, MO 63660
Assigned Officer

Phone Number
(573) 438-6000
Sentence Summary
Death
Active Offenses
MURDER 1ST DEGREE
Completed Offenses
Completed sentence not found
Aliases
Craig Michael Wood

Supreme Court Appeal filed for already.

01/26/2018
Correspondence Received
Transcript request letter sent to Court Reporter; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: ROSEMARY ELLEN MCGONAGLE PERCIVAL

No Filing Fee Due

NOA Filed in Appellate Court

CRAIG MICHAEL WOOD'S NOTICE OF APPEAL AND ATTACHMENTS FILED. (N.O.A. FILED IN THE CIRCUIT COURT ON JANUARY 19, 2018.)

01/19/2018

NOA Filed in Circuit Court

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchDockets.do

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors