Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The coroners report has not been released to the public, so any comments implying the manner of death is unsourced rumors.

I know the coroner, doing my due-diligence, I made a request for the autopsy and the request was denied.

Thank u for your contributions Walter. We’re glad to have u here with us.

Okay, I have MORE questions.
1.) Has anyone considered the fact that the Long’s property adjoins other huge properties and National Forest? IN NO WAY AM I SUSPECTING THOSE HOMEOWNERS!! Only that the woods may have provided a way of escape. Could the killer have escaped through Slaughterhouse?

2.) Since DNA is being collected, WHY are white males between 18-20 years of age being singled out? Asians can have extremely fair skin too. Also, why such a small age range? Belgium has recently discovered that you can determine age from DNA, but it has an error of range by nearly 5 years for males.

3.) Rumors are now flying around that she was raped, in the community. I find this far fetched, but if someone was out to make a hit on the family, then they very well could have forced a young man, as a scapegoat.

Still PRAYING for all the authorities to have clarity of mind, and sound evidence! We will not rest until there is JUSTICE FOR MAGGIE!!!!!

Okay, I have MORE questions.
1.) Has anyone considered the fact that the Long’s property adjoins other huge properties and National Forest? IN NO WAY AM I SUSPECTING THOSE HOMEOWNERS!! Only that the woods may have provided a way of escape. Could the killer have escaped through Slaughterhouse?

2.) Since DNA is being collected, WHY are white males between 18-20 years of age being singled out? Asians can have extremely fair skin too. Also, why such a small age range? Belgium has recently discovered that you can determine age from DNA, but it has an error of range by nearly 5 years for males.

3.) Rumors are now flying around that she was raped, in the community. I find this far fetched, but if someone was out to make a hit on the family, then they very well could have forced a young man, as a scapegoat.

Still PRAYING for all the authorities to have clarity of mind, and sound evidence! We will not rest until there is JUSTICE FOR MAGGIE!!!!!

1) What national forest? I don't see any national forests for miles near the Long property. Put 3763 Co Rd 43, Bailey into Google maps and find me the national forests that you reference?

2) Because they wouldn't collect DNA unless that had a sample to compare it to. You can know the ethic make up of a person from the DNA. They would not waste time or money if they didn't have a sample, already tested, to compare to a "parent" sample.

3) I have no idea where law enforcement obtained the "parent" sample. But it would not be a far stretch to assume it was from the body of the victim. And why did she have to be raped? How else can a body have another person DNA available in the body? Maybe consensual sex?

Nothing indicates that this was a "hit" on the family. Now that all family members have been accounted for on that night, now that it has been established that the Longs did not have financial problems, a simple possibility is that law enforcement is looking to the community for their suspect.

The DNA testing was not random. I have a source (who would go on record if I add his statement to a new article in my newspaper), who said that CBI knew who they wanted to swab at my sources house.

This was not random. LE was working on a list of possible suspects.

The swabbing was voluntary, no one was forced to give a DNA sample.

Around the bend.

Maybe you need to read my newest article on this case in my newspaper. It may answer some of your questions or at least fill in the blanks that you don't know about.

http://www.theflume.com/free_content/article_150a3152-f722-11e7-8bfa-f7e76994a7f1.html

Yes, Walter, I have read your article, it is very good!

Here are more questions that got omitted due to my error🤔.

4.) Who was called first the mom or the LE?

5.) Why would manager go to the home? I would have made an announcement, that due to a family emergency that the place would be closing. Hand the keys to an employee and leave!

6.) It was reported that the tenant appeared from behind the back of the house holding his cat. Was his life and the cat’s life of more value than Maggie’s??

7.) First of all, I understand that fear can paralyze a person-I get that. If the arguing was from strangers, then why didn’t the tenant go to Maggie’s defense? If the arguing voices were familiar, to him, then I could see that he would just try to mind his own business. But when the anger and throwing things, get elevated, wouldn’t you think that human nature would kick in?? You’d have to kill me, in order for you to hurt anyone in my presence!

8.) He said that they were trying to set the house on fire. Why would you stay inside and risk burning to death?

JUST A SPECULATION:
Pike National Forest is behind the various homeowner properties. Obvisously, crossing anyone’s private property is of no concern to a bad guy! The bad guy could have staged a means of transportation in Slaughterhouse and walked out in the dark.

JUST A SPECULATION:
Pike National Forest is behind the various homeowner properties. Obvisously, crossing anyone’s private property is of no concern to a bad guy! The bad guy could have staged a means of transportation in Slaughterhouse and walked out in the dark.

The Pike National Forest is miles from the Longs house.

So, Walter, are you confirming that LE is NOT collecting random samples from the community, but rather are working from a list of suspects? And if they're working it more from a "local" angle, then why the "There is no danger to the community" statement??

Yes, Walter, I have read your article, it is very good!

Here are more questions that got omitted due to my error樂.

4.) Who was called first the mom or the LE?

5.) Why would manager go to the home? I would have made an announcement, that due to a family emergency that the place would be closing. Hand the keys to an employee and leave!

6.) It was reported that the tenant appeared from behind the back of the house holding his cat. Was his life and the cat’s life of more value than Maggie’s??

7.) First of all, I understand that fear can paralyze a person-I get that. If the arguing was from strangers, then why didn’t the tenant go to Maggie’s defense? If the arguing voices were familiar, to him, then I could see that he would just try to mind his own business. But when the anger and throwing things, get elevated, wouldn’t you think that human nature would kick in?? You’d have to kill me, in order for you to hurt anyone in my presence!

8.) He said that they were trying to set the house on fire. Why would you stay inside and risk burning to death?

As the article that you said you read stated, the tenant called 911 about 7:01 that night.

The manager nor Heather had any idea of the seriousness of the situation. As I said in my article, the only thing the tenant said to Heather was that there was a bang and the lights went out. My sourced notes agree with that, the deputies on the scene heard the bang and saw the lights go out.

First off, the tenant had not idea who was arguing or talking downstairs. If you read my article, that would be obvious. He didn't know there were deputies at the scene, his apartment does not have windows facing the front of the house. He was afraid. He didn't want to walk out of the apartment and run into any "bad" people. He didn't know if Maggie or was downstairs or who was downstairs.

Now what I can say following is anonymous sourcing, but the source is one of the most well known persons in the country.

He had no idea who was arguing downstairs. Nothing in any report, or from my investigation, implies that he knew the voices. Why do you suggest that the "voices" were familiar to him? Do you know something?

When he finally left the apartment, because of the amount of smoke coming up into his living space, he came down with his cat. When he came down from the back of the house to the front of the house (his apartment entrance is at the back of the house), he ran into deputies who told him to put his hands ups.

He said to the deputies that he had a cat in his hands. That was not good enough for the deputies, they basically said "put your f'king hands up."

He dropped the cat and it ran off into the woods.

The next day, the tenant was at the property to try to recover as much as he could from the apartment.

His cat came back that day.

He was very scared over the whole incident and he is now in a place (I know where he is) away from this area. He was rattled and scared and he still is, since he gave a lot of firsthand accounts to law enforcement.

If you may have noticed, our Denver media has not interviewed him. They know his identity (as I do), but he does not want to speak to the press.

In my opinion, you are assuming too much. I have spoken to these people involved (except the tenant), and my on the record sources plus my sources who don't want to go on record (actually I won't ask them to go on record), all have exonerated the tenant from any connection to this incident.

In answer to your final question "He said that they were trying to set the house on fire. Why would you stay inside and risk burning to death?", he was scared *****less.

So, Walter, are you confirming that LE is NOT collecting random samples from the community, but rather are working from a list of suspects? And if they're working it more from a "local" angle, then why the "There is no danger to the community" statement??

Yes, it does seem like they are working a local angle.

Danger?

How would I know? I suspect you would have to ask Park County Sheriff's Office. They made those statements, not me, and those statements have been source by a number of media outlets and myself.

1) What national forest? I don't see any national forests for miles near the Long property. Put 3763 Co Rd 43, Bailey into Google maps and find me the national forests that you reference?

2) Because they wouldn't collect DNA unless that had a sample to compare it to. You can know the ethic make up of a person from the DNA. They would not waste time or money if they didn't have a sample, already tested, to compare to a "parent" sample.

3) I have no idea where law enforcement obtained the "parent" sample. But it would not be a far stretch to assume it was from the body of the victim. And why did she have to be raped? How else can a body have another person DNA available in the body? Maybe consensual sex?

Nothing indicates that this was a "hit" on the family. Now that all family members have been accounted for on that night, now that it has been established that the Longs did not have financial problems, a simple possibility is that law enforcement is looking to the community for their suspect.

The DNA testing was not random. I have a source (who would go on record if I add his statement to a new article in my newspaper), who said that CBI knew who they wanted to swab at my sources house.

This was not random. LE was working on a list of possible suspects.

The swabbing was voluntary, no one was forced to give a DNA sample.

Hi Walter,

I just want to thank you so very much for bringing some clarity to the actual facts of this case. I have heard many disturbing rumors, as well as "theories" on this site, but even more on other sites, as well as in the community. Your diligence in factual reporting is a very good thing to have in this extremely unsettling time for the Bailey area . And for the Long family, whom I have known for 28 years. I know they have not been following any of the social media, thank God. I have spoken with several family members since this began, and I have been told much of what you have offered up in regards to the tenant. Because of his misfortune to be home at the time this occurred, or come home just prior to it occurring, and making the calls he made,there is hopefully forensic evidence to help solve this hideous crime. I am so relieved that it appears they have DNA evidence to help with this.

Welcome to webslueths guys.

Walter, thank you again for responding with much more information than we get otherwise. I want to be sure that you know that we are both, on the same side of the fence and are doing all that we can to bring justice for Maggie. My deepest condolences to all of her family and friends!

I was hoping to have worded my questions in such a way of looking at both sides of the coin.
Hopefully you can shed some light because I am obviously confused by your question back to me:

“He had no idea who was arguing downstairs. Nothing in any report, or from my investigation, implies that he knew the voices. Why do you suggest that the "voices" were familiar to him? Do you know something?”

The following was taken from Paragraph 9 of your article:

Still no arrest in Maggie Long murder
INTERVIEWS, AUDIO RECORDINGS AND WITNESSES MAY CLEAR UP SOME CONFUSION
Walter L. Newton, Editor | Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 3:52 pm

“At the same time, Fairplay dispatch made a call to PCFPD informing them of a structure fire at that address. Dispatch said the RP was not making much sense. In a follow-up call at 7:04 p.m., dispatch told PCFPD that the RP stated “the people who own the home are violent, smashing and burning things,” and he was refusing to leave the attic.”

Walter, thank you again for responding with much more information than we get otherwise. I want to be sure that you know that we are both, on the same side of the fence and are doing all that we can to bring justice for Maggie. My deepest condolences to all of her family and friends!

I was hoping to have worded my questions in such a way of looking at both sides of the coin.
Hopefully you can shed some light because I am obviously confused by your question back to me:

“He had no idea who was arguing downstairs. Nothing in any report, or from my investigation, implies that he knew the voices. Why do you suggest that the "voices" were familiar to him? Do you know something?”

The following was taken from Paragraph 9 of your article:

Still no arrest in Maggie Long murder
INTERVIEWS, AUDIO RECORDINGS AND WITNESSES MAY CLEAR UP SOME CONFUSION
Walter L. Newton, Editor | Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 3:52 pm

“At the same time, Fairplay dispatch made a call to PCFPD informing them of a structure fire at that address. Dispatch said the RP was not making much sense. In a follow-up call at 7:04 p.m., dispatch told PCFPD that the RP stated “the people who own the home are violent, smashing and burning things,” and he was refusing to leave the attic.”

I think the confusion starts with Fairplay dispatch.

There are two versions of what the tenant was saying.

In one of my early articles back in December, I reported what dispatch said to the sheriff's office, "guy in attic says house on fire, says people in house arguing and throwing things and starting fire."

When dispatch called the fire department, the verbiage changed, as you quote above.

Dispatch transmitting two different versions of what the tenant was saying, all from the same 911 call.

I think the answer is in the statement above, "Dispatch said the RP was not making much sense."

Dispatch was trying to offer a coherent account of a very incoherent conversation with the tenant.

And we (I) have no idea if he really did know who was arguing downstairs. He was interviewed by CBI and may have given them more info then he gave dispatch. And we can't judge the tenant for what he did or didn't do, we are not him and we still don't have his full story.

My recent article had a disclaimer which actually addresses this kind of confusion, "Radio transmissions are only good for getting a general overview of what happened at a scene. Conversations happen between personal on the ground, cell phones are sometimes used to communicate and the Sheriff’s Office has one encrypted radio channel that cannot be monitored."

Are we ready to acknowledge the truth---that this is a cold case?

Are we ready to acknowledge the truth---that this is a cold case?
I've seen you mention this earlier in the thread, that it should be closed.

What is the definition of a cold case? Aren't there a lot of investigations that take longer than 6 weeks? Why such a rush? WS is full of years-old cases.

I'm sure I probably sound snarky, but I'm truly curious as to why this one is different.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I am not suggesting it should be closed, I am suggesting that it might as well be closed. No new information is coming out. LE has never disclosed any useful information. It appears they don't have a clue as to what happened. All that we see are rumors and innuendo. (and I'm referring to fb groups dedicated to this case, also). It is all very frustrating. Very, very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickyBones