What Do You Want to Know?: List Questions Here

I've been trying to wrap my head around the dates...

According to LAPD, Elisa arrived in LA on January 26th. Contrary to this, her Tumblr blog indicates she was still at her previous location, and about to go out to a "Speakeasy" and expresses the desire that no "creeps" "hound" her.

On January 27th, Elisa tells us that she lost **advertiser censored* (not her) phone at the "Speakeasy" (#and it's not even mine #it's my friends)

According to the LADP, Elisa checked into the Stay on Main on January 28th
BUT
According to her Tumblr blog, she checked into the Stay on Main on January 29th, unaware that it was contained within the Cecil

Elisa was due to depart the Cecil on January 31st. This bugs me. If she was indeed due to depart on the 31st, why was she still there in the morning hours of February 1st? Her key card should not have worked. It should have deactivated in the morning/afternoon of January 31st, whatever checkout time the Cecil/Stay on Main follows. She would have had to go down to the front desk to have her key re-coded and extended for a night. None of this is ever mentioned in the news articles.

While I do believe this to be an accidental death, I still want some clarification on all of these dates.

I have one myth to bury, and one question.

1) The Last Bookstore does indeed have their DNS name show up as located in Burnaby, BC. However, so do a lot of websites. They registered their DNS through In2net Network Inc. via doteasy.com, both of which have the same address and are headquartered in ... Burnaby, BC. When registering, the Last Bookstore added an option to keep their personal information out of the DNS record, possibly to avoid getting spammed. The DNS contact information for anyone doing this then will show up as RegistrantPrivacy.com (likely another In2net subsidiary), whose mailing address is a PO Box also in Burnaby.

If you still think this is too much of a coincidence and has to be some conspirary, I'll just leave this here:

Whois & Quick Stats
Registrant Org: RegistrantPrivacy.com is associated with ~34,377 other domains

2) I have been searching without success for any evidence that the LAM-ELISA test is something in common use for tuberculosis testing, let alone "the test for TB". The top links for tuberculosis testing all mention the tuberculin skin test or TST as the most common identification. Searching for LAM-ELISA specifically, I have to filter out a lot of Elisa Lam conspiracy theories to find just a few mentions of it connected with TB. Most of those are clinical trials, and are from 2013 or later. The general conclusions are that it may be one useful test in HIV patients because of low CD4 counts that make other tests difficult.

Can anyone in the field clear this up? If a patient came to you suspected of TB, would a LAM ELISA test be part of your toolkit? Would it have been used at all to identify infections in Skid Row in 2013?

I wish I could answer this question, but I can't. Anyways, great job on busting the first myth all the same.

. ......(you don't laugh if some stranger is following you and you don't dilly dally for minutes playing hide-and-go-seek). ........

I don't think she would go "dilly dally for minutes playing hide-and-go seek" had it not been the elevator not moving especially in the middle of the night, just like in a horror movie. I would definitely go crazy and could imagined all sort of horrible things in that situation.

"you don't laugh if some stranger is following you." I don't think she laughed.

I agree, she was stressing out, the way I looked at it was that it was panic and she was trying to overcome her fear.

• Regarding this:

At 00:02:12 she begins counting her fingers even. Using her right hand to hold each finger of her left hand. First the index finger, then the middle finger, then the ring finger. Bending her legs as she grasps each finger then standing straight up again as if to express exaggeration or the importance of each detail she is explaining

I have different view,
    i think she did massage for finger and not counting, and if the video has audio we should hear sound like “tek..tek..tek” from her fingers,
    some people usually do this kind of thing when experience anxiety or just to relax..

I agree, she was stressing out. It was panic, she was trying to overcome her fear.

I don't think she would go "dilly dally for minutes playing hide-and-go seek" had it not been the elevator not moving especially in the middle of the night, just like in a horror movie. I would definitely go crazy and could imagined all sort of horrible things in that situation.

"you don't laugh if some stranger is following you." I don't think she laughed.

It's clear in the video she was smiling (during the moments when she was moving along the walls of the elevator -- this has been seen by numerous people). You can see it in the video.

I don't get your first sentence (it's worded awkwardly). I think we agree: she wouldn't have been acting that way (dilly-dallying, playing hide and seek), if the elevator was operating normally, but it wasn't, because Elisa herself had pushed the door hold button and was getting in and out of the elevator (setting off the sensors). She didn't realize she had pushed the door-hold button, and was acting out her extreme befuddlement as to why the elevator wasn't moving.

I agree, she was stressing out. It was panic, she was trying to overcome her fear.

Her fear or what? Getting on an elevator?

There's no panic displayed. She calmly gets back onto the elevator a couple times and you can clearly see no panic whatsoever in her face and in her movements. The hand counting was frustration, not panic.

I have one myth to bury, and one question.

1) The Last Bookstore does indeed have their DNS name show up as located in Burnaby, BC. However, so do a lot of websites. They registered their DNS through In2net Network Inc. via doteasy.com, both of which have the same address and are headquartered in ... Burnaby, BC. When registering, the Last Bookstore added an option to keep their personal information out of the DNS record, possibly to avoid getting spammed. The DNS contact information for anyone doing this then will show up as RegistrantPrivacy.com (likely another In2net subsidiary), whose mailing address is a PO Box also in Burnaby.

If you still think this is too much of a coincidence and has to be some conspirary, I'll just leave this here:

Whois & Quick Stats
Registrant Org: RegistrantPrivacy.com is associated with ~34,377 other domains

2) I have been searching without success for any evidence that the LAM-ELISA test is something in common use for tuberculosis testing, let alone "the test for TB". The top links for tuberculosis testing all mention the tuberculin skin test or TST as the most common identification. Searching for LAM-ELISA specifically, I have to filter out a lot of Elisa Lam conspiracy theories to find just a few mentions of it connected with TB. Most of those are clinical trials, and are from 2013 or later. The general conclusions are that it may be one useful test in HIV patients because of low CD4 counts that make other tests difficult.

Can anyone in the field clear this up? If a patient came to you suspected of TB, would a LAM ELISA test be part of your toolkit? Would it have been used at all to identify infections in Skid Row in 2013?
From what I've found so far it looks as though the Lam-Elisa test is for research purposes only.
https://www.mybiosource.com/prods/E...inomannan/LAM/datasheet.php?products_id=29368

This is an interesting commentary by biochemistry researcher / author Jane Lim.
https://www.themostcommonthemostdea...found-dead-in-a-Water-Tank-in-the-Cecil-Hotel
[FONT=&amp]Mycobacterium tuberculosis that causes Tuberculosis (TB) is tested by a test called “LAM-ELISA” and this test kit was made before 2009.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]On August 27, 2009, Biomed Central reported that Urine LAM-ELISA does not appear to be useful as an independent diagnostic test for pulmonary tuberculosis. A trial of the new diagnostic found that it was only capable of identifying 50.7 percent of TB cases and this 50.7% sensitivity of the LAM-ELISA was disappointingly low. The specificity of 87.8 % also fell far short of expectations.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The best way to incubate pathogens is providing the perfect environment such as water tanks that are not irradiated by the sunlight. Elisa Lam was missing for nearly three weeks which are the perfect period to incubate Mycobacterium tuberculosis and transmit the disease through the water tank.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Was Elisa Lam a target to infect by Mycobacterium tuberculosis that is tested by LAM-ELISA? BCG vaccine can also infect animals and humans whose immune systems are vulnerable. Was Elisa Lam a target to infect more people for the sales increase ($435-600 per unit) and the evaluation of diagnostic accuracy of LAM-ELISA? This question remains unanswered as of today because the investigation was terminated concluding that her death was “accidental” when the judge, in favor of the Cecil Hotel, adjudicated the lawsuit filed by her parents.[/FONT]

From what I've found so far it looks as though the Lam-Elisa test is for research purposes only.
https://www.mybiosource.com/prods/E...inomannan/LAM/datasheet.php?products_id=29368

This is an interesting commentary by biochemistry researcher / author Jane Lim.
https://www.themostcommonthemostdea...found-dead-in-a-Water-Tank-in-the-Cecil-Hotel

One water tank in one hotel would not be adequate to spread the disease. There are a couple of coincidences in this case -- one of them being she shares the same name as the test -- but I don't believe in this conspiracy theory.

Forgive me if I have missed this somewhere but I can't seem an answer to this..
Apparently there are some frames missing from the hotel elevator video and this, according to the police, I think I saw this in a documentary is due to the fact 2 men walk into the elevator though they were cleared of any involvement so were removed from the video..
My question is, is there any info regarding their statement, what they saw, what was their take on Elisas behaviour etc? I can't seem to find any details of what they said to police to make them clear them?

Forgive me if I have missed this somewhere but I can't seem an answer to this..
Apparently there are some frames missing from the hotel elevator video and this, according to the police, I think I saw this in a documentary is due to the fact 2 men walk into the elevator though they were cleared of any involvement so were removed from the video..
My question is, is there any info regarding their statement, what they saw, what was their take on Elisas behaviour etc? I can't seem to find any details of what they said to police to make them clear them?

Those 2 individuals probably didn't share the elevator with EL. If I remember correctly, where the video lapses is after Elisa already exits the elevator (for good). So she had gone off the elevator before the 2 individuals got on.

Their statements have never been made public to my knowledge, probably because there was no real need to release them.

Hi all.

New member here. This case has totally took hold on me and a few others. Something isnt right.

What stands out to me is that when the FBI found her body she was feet up, head down. So upside down.. how did the janitor or whoever know she was an asian woman if her head was halfway down the tank?

Hi all.

New member here. This case has totally took hold on me and a few others. Something isnt right.

What stands out to me is that when the FBI found her body she was feet up, head down. So upside down.. how did the janitor or whoever know she was an asian woman if her head was halfway down the tank?

Huh?

The FBI didn't "find her." It was a maintenance man, who was investigating why the water flow was low. He was the first to discover her, and he stated she was face-up.

Are you referring to how her body was once the water was being drained from the tank? They couldn't remove her body from the opening at the top; they had to cut a hole in the side of the tank at the bottom.

Where are you getting your information?

Huh?

The FBI didn't "find her." It was a maintenance man, who was investigating why the water flow was low. He was the first to discover her, and he stated she was face-up.

Are you referring to how her body was once the water was being drained from the tank? They couldn't remove her body from the opening at the top; they had to cut a hole in the side of the tank at the bottom.

Where are you getting your information?

I know the maintenence man found her first. He said he found her floating face up!
When the FBI arrived they reported that she was floating feet up and head down which the police reported is normal for a drowned victim.

So what im saying is,,, why was she in a different position from how the maintenence man found her to the FBI arriving.

If she was in fact in the FBIs position how did the maintenence man know she was asian if she was face down.... like the FBI reported she was.

I know the maintenence man found her first. He said he found her floating face up!
When the FBI arrived they reported that she was floating feet up and head down which the police reported is normal for a drowned victim.

So what im saying is,,, why was she in a different position from how the maintenence man found her to the FBI arriving.

If she was in fact in the FBIs position how did the maintenence man know she was asian if she was face down.... like the FBI reported she was.

What's your source that the FBI found her that way? How much time had passed from when the maintenance man found her to when the FBI arrived on the scene? This wasn't the LAPD we're talking about here; it's the FBI, so they wouldn't have gotten on the scene until some time, I'd imagine. Either way, I think you're over-thinking this.

Hi all.

:peace:

Juby82

:welcome:

We are happy to have you here!!

:cheer: :cheer:

:daisy:​

What's your source that the FBI found her that way? How much time had passed from when the maintenance man found her to when the FBI arrived on the scene? This wasn't the LAPD we're talking about here; it's the FBI, so they wouldn't have gotten on the scene until some time, I'd imagine. Either way, I think you're over-thinking this.

Ive read it on here. Im sure it was on a document someone had linked.

I just found it odd that she was found in 2 different positions thats all.

:peace:

Juby82

:welcome:

We are happy to have you here!!

:cheer: :cheer:

:daisy:​

Thank you for the welcome.

Ive read it on here. Im sure it was on a document someone had linked.

I just found it odd that she was found in 2 different positions thats all.

That's fine, but I don't really think that's all that strange. I don't know how a drowned body acts in water; I know it's not uncommon for them to float to the surface, and I assume it's not uncommon for them to change positions. There are a lot of variables here: the water being turned off, when the FBI got on the scene, if the water had started to be drained from the tank, etc. I don't this it's nefarious that her body changed positions, and I don't see a reason why the maintenance man would lie about seeing her face-up (unless he was the murderer, but there's zero indication of that, let alone that she was murdered at all). Just my opinion.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back