Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #11 *Arrest*

Is a Change of Plea in the Works??

According to a court records search the trial was scheduled to begin today but a motion to delay was submitted to continue on February 16 at 11am for a COP - Change of Plea.

https://odysseyportal.courts.wa.gov/odyportal

You can search under either option. Nothing in local news yet but the Kitsap Sun should carry a story soon.

02/12/2018 Jury Trial-12
Judicial Officer
Forbes, Jennifer A

Hearing Time
9:00 AM

Comment
PREASSIGNED TO FORBES - ENRIGHT, CHAD, MONTGOMERY, KELLY - WILL BE MOTION TO CONTINUE ON 2/12 FOR COP ON 2/16 - DEFT IC

02/16/2018 Change of Plea
Judicial Officer
Forbes, Jennifer A

Hearing Time
11:00 AM

Comment
ENRIGHT, CHAD - MONTGOMERY, KELLY - DEFT IC

Jenise and Cherish in the same week? I'm not sure my heart can handle it :(

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Is a Change of Plea in the Works??

According to a court records search the trial was scheduled to begin today but a motion to delay was submitted to continue on February 16 at 11am for a COP - Change of Plea.

You can search under either option. Nothing in local news yet but the Kitsap Sun should carry a story soon.

02/12/2018 Jury Trial-12
Judicial Officer
Forbes, Jennifer A

Hearing Time
9:00 AM

Comment
PREASSIGNED TO FORBES - ENRIGHT, CHAD, MONTGOMERY, KELLY - WILL BE MOTION TO CONTINUE ON 2/12 FOR COP ON 2/16 - DEFT IC

Judicial Officer
Forbes, Jennifer A

Hearing Time

Comment

A Change of Plea?

I am assuming he pled NOT GUILTY previously?

So what will he change it to?

No Contest? Alford Plea? GUILTY?

Can we pull forward his pics at the vigil? I want to see them again.

Marking.

Sending out the Purple Angels for Miss Jenise, Jessica, Relisha, Bella,... :heartbeat:

On the Jenise FB page a post has been made that he is pleading guilty on the 18th of Feb.
Justice for Jensie is the page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the Jenise FB page a post has been made that he is pleading guilty on the 18th of Feb.

I can't seem to find it. Can you share a link?

His mental health finally improved <heavy sarcasm>, or did the DA cut a plea deal? Or both ...
Hope the fb post is true!!

His mental health finally improved <heavy sarcasm>, or did the DA cut a plea deal? Or both ...
Hope the fb post is true!!
Miraculous cure. Or he realized that closing his eyes reeeeal tight still doesn't make a murder case disappear.

Your time is up, Bucko! Time to pay the piper.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks, dyannaON! I saw it as February 16, which jibes with the court records:

Judicial Officer
Forbes, Jennifer A

Hearing Time

Comment

Gaeta could have saved a lot of pain by doing this 4 years ago. Hopefully we'll hear why he's changing his plea now.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/247405018803142?view=info

:judge: ===> :jail: ===> :happydance:

I hope this is the case. The family needs not go through any more BS with this fool. It's not like they'll let him plea to a lower crime and be out in 3 yrs. Get it over with.

From your link Jo in Calif.....he looks so different now

attachment.php
Side effect to many antidepressants and antipsyhotic meds is weight gain, but heaven to betsy, he doesn't look anything like he did when arrested! He was thin then and had hair! I'm shocked. Pleased he plead guilty and hope he'll be away for the most of his life. Though it's still scary to think he could one day be released.

Thanks Jo! I'm relieved to see he pleaded guilty not only to Jenise's murder but her rape too - no dumbing down of the charges in order to avoid trial like we so often see.

Some highlights from the article and some opinions I want to get off my chest:

Attorneys will jointly recommend the 40-year minimum sentence to Kitsap County Superior Court Judge Jennifer Forbes. Gaeta pleaded guilty to aggravated first-degree murder and first-degree rape of a child.
The 40-year minimum sentence for Gaeta is an attempt to find a sentence that would withstand appeals, Enright said.

Gaeta would have to serve 40 years in prison before he would be able to apply for release. The maximum he sentence he can serve is life in prison.

Hopefully the judge will agree and Gaeta's sentence will be a done deal.

Gaeta’s lawyer, Jeniece LaCross, said Gaeta intended to plead guilty.

“My client never wanted to take this matter to trial,” she said. “He did not want to put people through that.”

I'm not 100% onboard with this, based on Gaeta's actions over the years. I'm also not convinced that Gaeta finally "acknowledging" what he did has any relation to concern over putting Jenise's family and his family through trauma. Maybe I'm just jaded.

Here's the thing; concern or "remorse" IMO is rarely on the mind of criminals. Rather, I see it more like they are sorry for themselves - sorry for getting caught. Otherwise they would have turned themselves in and admitted their crime. I've seen a few cases where that happened and I'm more inclined to consider that the perp maybe does feel some remorse in those cases. All MOO.

His mother reported that he had shown signs of declining mental health in the period before Jenise’s death, what she described as severe depression, and she had sought help for him but said it was inadequate. Family members reported that when he became stressed he would shut down.
"We're just glad the family gets closure," said Tina Wright, Gaeta's mother, no relation to Jenise. Tina Wright said both families are grieving. "For little Jenise and our son. In our minds there are two victims. This never would have happened if (Gaeta) had gotten the help he needed."

I get his mother's angst. Really, I do; she's been through a nightmare too. But... IMO the primary responsibility to get the help that's needed lies with the family. Parents are the first line of advocacy for their troubled children. However, I'll withhold my judgment as we have no information on what treatment she sought for Gaeta when he displayed declining mental health. Is he a victim too as his mother claims?

And finally, while I do understand that juveniles lack the mental acuity and ability to discern consequences fully like adults, I continue to struggle with juveniles who appear to lack all understanding of right and wrong.Thankfully that extreme deficiency we see in so many heinous cases we follow here doesn't seem to apply to all teens. IMO a 40-year sentence for Gaeta is appropriate.

Thanks for letting me rant. It's been a long 31/2 years!
:loveyou:

I'm so glad he finally plead guilty and that there will not be a trial. The last thing Jenise's family needs is to have the painfully brutal details put out there again.

I haven&#8217;t been in this thread (well one of Jenise&#8217;s threads) since probably 2015. Today I thought of this case out of the blue and had to google the details to remember their names. I just finished reading this thread and the one before it. I&#8217;m so shocked that resolution to this case took until 2018, and that he gave his guilty plea days before I came to check. I&#8217;m glad he finally decided to go this route.

I haven’t been in this thread (well one of Jenise’s threads) since probably 2015. Today I thought of this case out of the blue and had to google the details to remember their names. I just finished reading this thread and the one before it. I’m so shocked that resolution to this case took until 2018, and that he gave his guilty plea days before I came to check. I’m glad he finally decided to go this route.
I missed that he gave that plea. Where did you find that? I saw he has a court date in May 2018...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back