IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 # 81

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much Kizzy. You work is much appreciated. bbm

9:44
Male reporter: Daniel Nations has been called a person of interest. What does that mean to the Indiana State Police when you say someone is a person of interest?

Supt Carter: Well, I, I, I think the inverse to that statement is until there's somebody arrested we're interested in almost everybody. But we uh, we, we, as you all know, we went out to Colorado and we spent a little bit of time with him. And he's not a person that we uh, care a whole lot about at this moment in time. And that's all I'll say about Daniel Nations.

Also please include that he said that "pretty confident everyone we talked to is not involved" if you are going to bring up your CO guy.

It wasn't said in the article I quoted. However, it has been said, just not in that article.

Are we sure of that? I recall DN said that, but is there another qualifier for that?
The atty also had an order preventing them talking to DN alone. I'm putting the two together to form my opinion on that.

No offence, however, I am beginning to feel that when D. Carter speaks in a Public Forum he appears awkward, is he trying to be deceptive? I will be honest, I am not going to rule out DN. Doug C's wording and body language also added to my opinion that DN is still a possible POI. At this moment in time, DN is safely locked up. I strongly feel that LE requires GBI to look over the evidence to date and perfect it. JMO

[h=1]Police again ask for the public’s help on the one-year anniversary of Delphi murders[/h]
http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_a0879988-111a-11e8-8d37-db2e8bc3f04c.html

[FONT=&quot]Carter said he hoped the person who killed the teens was watching the press conference, and admitted when asked that he had a message for the killer who might be at home thinking because it had been a year, he had gotten away with the crime.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Keep thinking that,” he said with a stern look. “Keep thinking that.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Carter praised the law enforcement officers from multiple agencies that have worked the case and its 30,000 tips and leads.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When asked about the possible involvement of Daniel Nations, Carter said, “Of the people we have talked to at this time, we believe they have no involvement.”[/FONT]

moo

BBM
My hunch is that LE has been deluged with "side by side" lineups from mostly well-meaning tipsters. Can you imagine having to sift through all of those. . . especially if the only "evidence" provided to LE is that someone thinks someone else looks like that sketch?
MOO
imo —The sketch is like a wanted poster. Like seeing the poster in the post office - you will tip the police if you see a similar person for example in a gas station. Apparently LE has nothing - so similar appearance sightings might be the undoing of BG in the end.
Info coming in now is apparently at a slow rate, one tip a day .

No offence, however, I am beginning to feel that when D. Carter speaks in a Public Forum he appears awkward, is he trying to be deceptive? I will be honest, I am not going to rule out DN. Doug C's wording and body language also added to my opinion that DN is still a possible POI. At this moment in time, DN is safely locked up. I strongly feel that LE requires GBI to look over the evidence to date and perfect it. JMO

When I was typing the transcript I listened over and over to each section, and he seemed to stammer a bit more when he talked about DN.

When I was typing the transcript I listened over and over to each section, and he seemed to stammer a bit more when he talked about DN.

I noticed that also but I thought it was because he was uncomfortable "clearing" anyone/everyone.
moo

ETA: The way I saw it he was admitting they have no good POI's after one year. That would be enough to make me stutter. moo

Well, to be fair, DN is a pretty scary piece of work! They might be bringing more charges on him imo. I have a sneaky suspicion he has done many crimes and they have discovered that while investigating their only named POI. Plus I'll bet people recognized him for crimes against themselves that he committed and went to the police now that they had a name with the face.

I pointed to body language in the original couple pressors too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jax and Westie, can you share your thoughts on the body language you are mentioning.

Can DN be off the table like the other guy now?

Jax and Westie, can you share your thoughts on the body language you are mentioning.

I read disgust when asked about DN--not at him but that they are still being asked.

Fo59 reports they were told in early January that he wasn't being pursued as a lead.

What I saw in the early conferences was absolute horror at what they had witnessed.

moo

I noticed that also but I thought it was because he was uncomfortable "clearing" anyone/everyone.
moo

Agree ..ive always thought ( probably wrongly) that there was a lot of DNA at the scene but it could not be directly connected to the perp himself due to the fact that it was a public area . (Again indicating that this was a fairly sophisticated individual in terms of control of the evidence he left behind) As a result LE weren't sure what DNA was relevant and what was coincidental -ie cigarette butts , cans, random detritus . Maybe this is why definitive clearing isnt possible..no solid DNA samples that they can rule in or out especially if they appear on no pre existing data base
just thinkng out loud as per ... moo

OT and a different situation-BUT if a suspect can be arrested from a description and very generic sketch, then WHY is it taking over a year to find BG?http://lancasteronline.com/news/loc...cle_ca2b02a0-0b86-11e8-aaec-cb178f6f6dc7.html I'm more convinced than ever that someone out there really does know who BG is and for whatever reason (scared, denial, etc.) aren't turning him in.

Not only not turning him in but may have provided a seemingly unlikely BG (who IS actually OUR BG) with a fake alibi! Maybe an overly protective, pathologically sympathetic Mother or Wife?

moo

ETA: The way I saw it he was admitting they have no good POI's after one year. That would be enough to make me stutter. moo

I agree. He was asked what it means to be a POI and he says he will answer the inverse of that. I think he is evasive when the question is difficult or he doesn't know how to answer.
I think he failed to properly address the question but I don't know why.

Agree ..ive always thought ( probably wrongly) that there was a lot of DNA at the scene but it could not be directly connected to the perp himself due to the fact that it was a public area . (Again indicating that this was a fairly sophisticated individual in terms of control of the evidence he left behind) As a result LE weren't sure what DNA was relevant and what was coincidental -ie cigarette butts , cans, random detritus . Maybe this is why definitive clearing isnt possible..no solid DNA samples that they can rule in or out especially if they appear on no pre existing data base
just thinkng out loud as per ... moo

I've always hoped one of the girls scratched him getting his DNA under their nails. But with LE saying they can't rule anyone in or out I'm guessing that's not the case.

Can DN be off the table like the other guy now?
If he was on the table because he’d been named a POI, then it’s only fair that he’s off the table, now that LE has essentially said they’ve lost interest in him.

I've always hoped one of the girls scratched him getting his DNA under their nails. But with LE saying they can't rule anyone in or out I'm guessing that's not the case.

I would not discount this entirely yet I believe the girls fought like hell to survive. I feel they have dna but obviously no match yet.

I just learned something! A suspect has to be read their miranda rights before they can be questioned. A person of interest does not need to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07