GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #5 *GRAPHIC CONTENT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
DS nodded through the final three juror questions, including the death sentence. He knew it was coming.

I saw him very, very subtly nod during the state's closing when they said he deserved death!

I think all murderers have damage in some way- some are "bad seeds", born that way, and some have "learned" behaviors from a life of abuse. (I'm not talking about murderers that are defending themselves tho'- that's different, IMO).

Stopping them??? I don't know if you can stop the "bad seed" murderers- medication, castration...?? Will they take their meds on their own? Probably not. Will they accept castration?? Is this moral, some will say?? Since these "bad seed" murderers don't feel what others feel, how can they change? They have no empathy- they were born that way- missing something crucial to be a moral person, IMO.

The murderers who have had an abusive upbringing- I think these people may be able to get some help to overcome their childhood abuse.

Nature/nurture???? Can children learn empathy if they don't have that capacity? Some say yes- some say no. I say yes, in a way- empathy can be "mimicked', but if push come to shove, the "bad seed" will always be there, IMO.

All..:moo:

It's almost like being a bad person is a permanent, unchangeable habit. Like, I have habits (some may call it OCD, lol), but I can change them if I really tried, know what I mean? I feel like people who have brain damage (like stated in this case, whether people believe ir or not), can't change that even if they want to.

Please understand, I am NOT defending this monster. I feel like deep down inside, he knew what he was doing was wrong. He was crying when his son was speaking, and yes, that could have been fake, but if it wasn't, he just showed that he can OBVIOUSLY feel some sort of emotion...

I don't know.

I don't necessarily agree with the death penalty, simply because I don't think we, as humans, should play God and decide when someone dies, but then God also says "an eye for an eye..."

So torn.

O.K. So how long before he is actually given the lethal injection?

It's been quite an emotional ride. Thanks to all here. Thank you jurors it had to have been an incredibly emotional journey. Off to my appt.

Any links to local news that might be airing live reactions?

March 28th at 9:00AM for Spencer hearing

Wow - I leave after posting and 8 minutes later they have a verdict!!!

Good - Death....

Rest in Peace Cherish!
:candle:

I believe the jury reached the right verdict. Thank goodness. I regret not having a stronger mental constitution to watch entire trial. Thanks for bearing witness, WS friends

Thanks to all my fellow WS members who stayed with us throughout this difficult ordeal. I sincerely hope I didn't offend anyone with my comments.

Florida's DP originally allowed a conviction based on a majority of the jury. That was ruled out and the state had to re-vamp the laws. It took quite a while. I have no idea of how much of a backlog there is. In addition, he is now legally allowed more appeals than if given life. IMHO he'll probably die behind bars before it's his turn.

Execution scheduled today in Florida -- crime was in 1993.

"Branch, 47, is set to die for the 1993 rape and fatal beating of 21-year-old University of West Florida student Susan Morris."

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida-inmate-among-3-in-us-set-for-execution-tonight

To be sure, this judge will consider the recommendation of the jury for the death sentence and decide accordingly and not change things in the Spencer Hearing.

Florida's DP originally allowed a conviction based on a majority of the jury. That was ruled out and the state had to re-vamp the laws. It took quite a while. I have no idea of how much of a backlog there is. In addition, he is now legally allowed more appeals than if given life. IMHO he'll probably die behind bars before it's his turn.

That's ok with me. Just knowing he's going to be completely isolated and alone and that he knows he is not worthy of mercy is enough for me.

What's a Spencer Hearing? TIA!

What I understand is that in Florida the jury can recommend the death sentence but it is the judge who weighs the factors, considers the jurors decision and then makes the decision on death or life. This hearing is for that final decision to be made by judge.

Thank you everyone for the posts and for the daily updates. I haven’t watched the last few days but have depended on your posts.

I hope the jury is able to move on from this.
Thinking of Cherish’s loved ones. I hope her sisters thrive and are loved on forever.
I do pray RP finds peace as well.
Rest In Peace baby girl. Xo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics