Laura Babcock Murder Trial - *GUILTY*

Glad you can see my point. In the Bernardo video it is astonishing to watch him tell the detectives “you can call me a murderer or a dangerous offender, but don’t call me a liar”. With Millard, he did an interview where he said he has great admiration for the Justice System. The over thing was in the letter to Code where his cell mate says Millard gives him inspiration in that he is not giving up his fight. I do believe Millard is an enigma and Code said he has two sides to his personality. Or something like that. One is a very dangerous side I think he said

People may see two sides, but with a psychopath, only one is genuine. Intelligent psychopaths are skilled at mirroring the human emotions they themselves lack, such as compassion and empathy.

Glad you can see my point. In the Bernardo video it is astonishing to watch him tell the detectives “you can call me a murderer or a dangerous offender, but don’t call me a liar”. With Millard, he did an interview where he said he has great admiration for the Justice System. The over thing was in the letter to Code where his cell mate says Millard gives him inspiration in that he is not giving up his fight. I do believe Millard is an enigma and Code said he has two sides to his personality. Or something like that. One is a very dangerous side I think he said

What I remember most about that interview was what a black hole he was emotion wise. The tone on literally everything was so off. “I made mistakes 17 years ago, fine I did.” Mistakes! That and how manipulative he tried to be, and was. He was deliberately coy about the Bain murder, and I think all that going off about Karla and a polygraph was explicitity so he could credibly refuse one on the Elizabeth Bain case on “principle”. He leaks psychopathy with virtually every word, and as you said he is utterly unaware of how apparent that pathology is. They don't see it so they can’t mitigate it. It’s like Millard representing himself, and in that making the Babcock jury ill day after endless day. They don’t understand how they’re like biting on tinfoil. How people just involuntarily wince and recoil.

What I remember most about that interview was what a black hole he was emotion wise. The tone on literally everything was so off. “I made mistakes 17 years ago, fine I did.” Mistakes! That and how manipulative he tried to be, and was. He was deliberately coy about the Bain murder, and I think all that going off about Karla and a polygraph was explicitity so he could credibly refuse one on the Elizabeth Bain case on “principle”. He leaks psychopathy with virtually every word, and as you said he is utterly unaware of how apparent that pathology is. They don't see it so they can’t mitigate it. It’s like Millard representing himself, and in that making the Babcock jury ill day after endless day. They don’t understand how they’re like biting on tinfoil. How people just involuntarily wince and recoil.

"Like biting on tinfoil." OMG - that is a perfect description!

I'm pretty sure Susan is the middle-aged blonde woman who attended the TB trial and read her bible during breaks. She was also there for Day 1 of the LB trial in the company of a man who is almost certainly her husband. She has no Facebook profile but her daughter does and looks just like her.

IMO, they're just people who can't believe that someone they know would do something evil. Plus even if he did, the lord says have mercy.

I'm sure the Lord can be just as merciful to people safely behind bars.

Do we know yet who the judge for the next trial is?

I assume it will be the one referenced in January.

Millard, 32, who is already serving a life sentence for murdering his former girlfriend Laura Babcock and Ancaster father Tim Bosma, appeared briefly Friday in Superior Court before Justice John McMahon to set a date for a judicial pre-trial conference on Jan. 22.
http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/dellen-millard-to-stand-trial-in-march-for-dads-murder

DM and MS are to be sentenced at 2:30 PM tomorrow inside courtroom 6-1 at 361 University.

DM and MS are to be sentenced at 2:30 PM tomorrow inside courtroom 6-1 at 361 University.

As I wake Tuesday morning it should be around the start of this for you all. Let's hope Justice Code has thought long and hard and slams the door on these boys. I hope he has some choice words for them.
I look forward to reading everyone's input as I catch up after work tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam Carter
@adamcartercbc

I'll be covering the Millard and Smich sentencing for the murder of Laura Babcock today, starting at 2:30 p.m. #LauraBabcock #Millard #Smich

The term 'merk' is derived from the word mercenary. Posters who perceive that the killings were primarily motivated by plunder, paydays and profit have no shortage of things to point to in the evidence to support that. None at all.

While that may be how the phrase originated, it's actually a pretty common slang word used mostly by people who could barely spell, never mind define, "mercenary". I remember my brothers using it all the time to describe things ranging from shooting someone in Call of Duty to a really good hockey hit, as in "he got merked".

There's been quite a few instances in this case where I feel like the meaning of certain texts got lost by more intelligent people overanalyzing the communication of two dumb kids, in the same way that parents are often confused by the silly things teenagers say.

He leaks psychopathy with virtually every word, and as you said he is utterly unaware of how apparent that pathology is. They don't see it so they can’t mitigate it. It’s like Millard representing himself, and in that making the Babcock jury ill day after endless day. They don’t understand how they’re like biting on tinfoil. How people just involuntarily wince and recoil.

Well put. Dr Robert Hare, the granddaddy of academic study of psychopathy, liked to characterize psychopaths as people who "know the words, but not the music." They can mimic emotions like empathy and remorse, but because they have no understanding of them, their performance is always off-key, like a tone-deaf singer.

Without Conscience is a great read. I found some quotes from it that, if you didn't know otherwise, you would swear were written with DM in mind:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/69416.Robert_D_Hare

nope. Justice mcmahon is a traffic cop for the millard cases. He will pick the judge for the next trial if it hasn't been done since the sentencing hearing.

No judge had been selected as of feb 12th.
bbm ha!

Adam Carter
@adamcartercbc

I'll be covering the Millard and Smich sentencing for the murder of Laura Babcock today, starting at 2:30 p.m. #LauraBabcock #Millard #Smich

:tyou: Velma! Much appreciated.

All MOO

Getting a little tense in the lineup outside courtroom 6-1. Some conflict between public spectators who don't know own each other outside of the courtroom. Awkward.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back