MI MI - Oakland County Child Killer, "The Babysitter Murders" , 1976-77 #2

Some daring investigator or schlock writer really needs to come forth and tackle this case with a thoroughly researched book. One that would have an outsider perspective with the nerve to both put the LE on blast and ignore all the existing conspiracy and pet theories on the web and really get down to it.

This has to be one of the most fascinating and disturbing ( aka. money as far as writing about murder goes ) cases in history, and it is astounding that there hasn't already been book upon book and a Hollywood film with two remakes out by now. Is it a scarcity of information that has caused it? Is everything still locked up in filing cabinets and every effort to underneath this information actively sabotaged by LE, city gubment or Xenu? It's hard not to resort to conspiracy theories because this story has best seller sensation written all over it, and yet all that happens is that the bloody Gremlin pops up in local news every now and then for like two minutes of air time. Ic it has started to gain some friction lately; there is that rubbish TV show Dark Minds that had an episode, and all the terrible podcasts that just recite wikipedia articles for illiterate gore hounds have featured it. What I want is a proper, thorough, +300 page dossier on the ins and outs and it boggles the mind how it hasn't happened yet.

I stumbled upon this case at work on Monday—I'm an editor for a publishing house that publishes true crime books, among other thing—and realized that I was, I'm fairly certain, almost one of the victims of OCCK.

When I was 5 or 6, I was with my dad at Oakland University one day while he was meeting with a professor at an office in Vandenburg Hall. (This was either fall of 1976 or spring of 77, probably the former, still trying to nail it down.) I was waiting in a little lounge down the hall—I was probably being too disruptive—when this strange guy walked in, shaggy black or dark hair, sideburns, bulky army-type or maybe dungaree jacket. He comes over and sits very close to me on the couch—we were the only people in the room. I was immediately uncomfortable and got up and left the room, and went and sat just outside the open door of the office. After a minute or two, the guy appeared at the end of the hallway, maybe 50 feet from me, feet slightly apart, hands in his jacket pockets, and gestures with his head, nodding toward his shoulder, for me to come with him. Scared the hell out of me. I shook my head "no." He never spoke, nor did I. My dad either saw me shaking my head at someone or sensed something was off and stuck his head out the door, and the guy split pretty quick. (I talked to my dad about this today—for many years I thought I was the only one who saw the guy, but he remembers seeing him too.) As we left the building, I remember looking around for him in the hallways, and stepping outside, turning back to see if he was hiding behind a tree or something, but I didn't see him again.

My memory of this is incident is pretty vivid, even after 40 years—he just exuded this dark, malignant vibe. Some weeks or maybe months later, I was at the Perry Drug store near our house in Pontiac and saw a police composite sketch on the cover of the paper and knew I was looking at his face.

I've told this story to family and friends perhaps a dozen-odd times over the years, with no other context than that of a scary childhood memory. Fast forward four decades, and I'm reading about the case at my desk a few days ago—had never hear the phrase OCCK, I just remember all the "stranger danger" talks at school and at home around this time. Clicking on a few links, I full-screen this mugshot of Greg Green(e), one of the prime suspects, and it turned by blood to ice water. I'm as certain as I can be that this is the guy—shaggy hair, sideburns, and those eyes. I also remember that his head tilted slightly to one side, and all three mugshots I have seen his head is slightly inclined in the same way. Another mugshot showed him in a bulky jacket like the one I remember, affirming that detail.

It's all rattled me a bit—learning what happened to these other kids, that their last days were unimaginable terrifying and painful and to take in the fact that I maybe was almost one of them. Anyway, I don't think these details will break the case or anything, but they might as well be part of the record, maybe might corroborate some other fact or timeline (waiting on OCSD to call me back).
Did you contact the police or hear anything back? Like you said, it won't break the case but should be part of the public record. Thank you for sharing, and I'm glad you came out of that situation safely.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Some daring investigator or schlock writer really needs to come forth and tackle this case with a thoroughly researched book. One that would have an outsider perspective with the nerve to both put the LE on blast and ignore all the existing conspiracy and pet theories on the web and really get down to it.

This has to be one of the most fascinating and disturbing ( aka. money as far as writing about murder goes ) cases in history, and it is astounding that there hasn't already been book upon book and a Hollywood film with two remakes out by now. Is it a scarcity of information that has caused it? Is everything still locked up in filing cabinets and every effort to underneath this information actively sabotaged by LE, city gubment or Xenu? It's hard not to resort to conspiracy theories because this story has best seller sensation written all over it, and yet all that happens is that the bloody Gremlin pops up in local news every now and then for like two minutes of air time. Ic it has started to gain some friction lately; there is that rubbish TV show Dark Minds that had an episode, and all the terrible podcasts that just recite wikipedia articles for illiterate gore hounds have featured it. What I want is a proper, thorough, +300 page dossier on the ins and outs and it boggles the mind how it hasn't happened yet.
Based on how much time, money, and effort he has devoted to the case, the author ought to be Tim King's father. He could use his massive case file and blog.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

There's a book coming out this fall by J. Reuben Appleman. It was excerpted on Medium last year and looks fantastic.

Why did the killer take Stebbins in February of ’76 rather than ’77? One possible answer is that the coupling of those two years represents something of a rarity. The months of Gregorian calendar follow a rather complex pattern that enables us to assemble a perpetual calendar. The following link shows the calendars used in the 20th century. Notice that 1976 and 1977 used the calendars #11 and #6 respectively:

http://vpcalendar.net/Correlations/20th_Century.html

Only three such conjunctions of these two months occur in the 20th century—each of them 28 years apart. I notice also that this conjunction occurs only on leap years. Not all leap years use this conjunction, though. Generally only every seventh leap year. This makes us cognizant of the fact that Mark Stebbins was taken the final leap year of that decade which was also the last conjunction of the 11 and 6 months of the perpetual calendar for the 20th century.

Leap years occur every four years--2012 is a leap year--and on that year, February has 29 days instead of the usual 28. This is because the solar year is approximately 365.25 days long and so every four years the calendar falls a day behind unless a day is added to the year. Hence an extra day is added to February. Was Mark Stebbins taken in February 1976 instead of 1977 because it was the rarest of leap months?

Even if we concede that the killer did not stop killing with these four victims, we must still also concede that this person wanted these four set off from any other of his/her possible victims. They served a special purpose. Has LE failed to catch this individual because they have looked at the wrong type of predator all these years?

If it helps with the zodiac theory, Shelia Shrok was killed on January 19th of 1976. The third Capricorn decan ends at January 19th

Oakland County Child Killer case: Court denies victim's father's 3rd appeal for more information
Timothy King among 4 Metro Detroit children killed by unknown suspect in 1970s

DETROIT - The Michigan Supreme Court has denied Barry King's latest appeal to have the Oakland County Prosecutor Office release more evidence from the Oakland County Child Killer Case.*

King's son, Timothy King, was one of four*children between the ages of 10 and 12 who were abducted and held for days before being killed during a 13-month period from February 1976 to March 1977. The unknown killer became known as the "Oakland County Child Killer."

There have been hundreds of suspects over the years, but the killer remains unknown to this day...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...ctims-fathers-3rd-appeal-for-more-information

Has Jaroslav Krumlik ever been connected to this? He lived in Canada and the US.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/wanted/jaroslav-krumlik

9fc4e3cf053788c2cd2d775afdef73c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oakland County Child Killer case: Court denies victim's father's 3rd appeal for more information
Timothy King among 4 Metro Detroit children killed by unknown suspect in 1970s

DETROIT - The Michigan Supreme Court has denied Barry King's latest appeal to have the Oakland County Prosecutor Office release more evidence from the Oakland County Child Killer Case.*

King's son, Timothy King, was one of four*children between the ages of 10 and 12 who were abducted and held for days before being killed during a 13-month period from February 1976 to March 1977. The unknown killer became known as the "Oakland County Child Killer."

There have been hundreds of suspects over the years, but the killer remains unknown to this day...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...ctims-fathers-3rd-appeal-for-more-information

Such a tragic case.

All JMO
I did a little reading back on this case today and it sounds like the investigation was botched up pretty bad early on.

The only good news I read is I do think CB was most likely one of the perps and he is not alive anymore so nobody has to worry about him anymore. It sure looks like he was "offed" by someone rather than suicide. I do agree with some articles that indicated that CB was likely one of the persons involved. Some articles hint that he was targeted with a form of street justice to make it look like a suicide.

And a GG is also now dead and he could have been an accomplice. He died in prison and was a friend of CB.

The evidence that came out in 2012 about JG I think just pointed to him probably being in CGs car at one time and not necessarily had involvement in the murders. Hairs can be transferred from one person to the next if left in an auto and I think that is what may have happened here. JG claims he was a victim of CG too and I believe him at this point. CG could have had many victims. Im not sure if CG would have forced JG to help lure other boys to the car or not although that is possible too.

AS and FS were another couple names that came up in the news articles that could have had involvement.

I just hope the families can get some real answers someday. They deserve truthful answers to what happened. And if there is anybody left to prosecute then I would hope LE could still prosecute.

There are lots of news articles that are easily found by googling. This is one of them that does a pretty good job of giving a summary.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/defenders/oakland-county-child-killer-40-years-later

Alright, finally! I'm linking the amazon page for it in case someone else wants to see ( I believe this is the one )

https://www.amazon.com/Kill-Jar-Obs...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1500135718&sr=1-1

This book looks to be an amazing account and a lot of hard work by the author. Years of research culminated in his effort to write the book. I havent read it yet but from the exerpt found on medium by googling the author name it sure looks to be a thorough and easy to understand book. I like his writing style and I like that he put in a tremendous amount of research into the book.

This book is likely to be the gospel on this case.

[FONT=&quot]Does anyone know the scoop on this suspected victim, one wonders if he may hold some answers, his blurb keeps getting deleted from wikipedia.(see below)

If this is a true story, is there a police report to review, looking at it through the lens of the OCCK case? Is James still alive, if so would he look at all the OCCK suspects photos and see if there was a match to his story? Or was his story discounted, just a fabrication he made to excuse himself from where ever and what ever he was doing those 4 days.

"James Davison, 13, was abducted June 22, 1974, around Morris Ave and Porter Ave in Allen Park “Wayne County” Michigan, and was missing for several days; he was strangled and left in an alley face down in Oakland County. He was found on June 26 in the same clothes that he went missing in. He was on his way to a friend’s house when he was abducted and his bike was found three blocks away from his home. He survived the attack and it is believed that he may have been a victim of the Oakland County Child Killer.”[/FONT]

This case just gets more and more confusing by the year. I think the biggest question should be about the drawing found on Busch's bedroom wall. Who made the drawing, and was it sketched from an actual photo? Also if Busch was murdered as some have speculated, could his killer have hung the drawing on his wall?

There has been questions as to whether he could have killed himself with the riffle.

[FONT=&amp]Does anyone know the scoop on this suspected victim, one wonders if he may hold some answers, his blurb keeps getting deleted from wikipedia.(see below)

"James Davison, 13, was abducted June 22, 1974, around Morris Ave and Porter Ave in Allen Park “Wayne County” Michigan, and was missing for several days; he was strangled and left in an alley face down in Oakland County. He was found on June 26 in the same clothes that he went missing in. He was on his way to a friend’s house when he was abducted and his bike was found three blocks away from his home. He survived the attack and it is believed that he may have been a victim of the Oakland County Child Killer.”[/FONT]

I went looking for information on him again (and on Jane Allen, a 13 year old girl who went missing from the woodward corridor in August 1976 and was found dead in the Miami River near Dayton Ohio days later) and can't find a damn thing. #frustrated

Also, if you are interested, I covered this case (which hits very close to home for me) in early 2017.

Catherine Broad, the sister of Timothy King, listened to the episodes and did a brief write up on her blog about my coverage.

I know the James Davidson one pops up when researching and I would just like to find out the whole story, I have almost thought about calling or popping in on the Allen Park police to ask, just to get closure on it. (I don't live that far from there - maybe we both should go, so I wont feel so lonely if they laugh us out of there.)
As for Jane Allen I think after looking at this case for far too long, that she and Kimberly King might be victims of Norberg.
The book Appelman has cant come out soon enough - Nina maybe you can interview him.

I agree that King and Allen could be victims of Norberg. There is a snippet somewhere (newspaper archive) that shows a link between the way Norberg liked to restrain his wife and the knots used on Jane Allen.

Also, I would like to speak with Allen's family about her case, I'd like to cover it. I'm pretty easy to find if they would like to reach out.

Kim King's father did time with Arch Sloan. Is it possible he also did time with other suspects of OCCK?

Harmonica, I should FOIA James Davison's records.

Yes I read the same thing about the knots on Jane, and just suspect Norberg in regards to Kim due to him being a neighbor and a known (suspected) criminal. But the Arch Sloan thing is creepy as a connection as well. Did Norberg have any connection tho the rest of the creeps suspected in the OCCK, or is his connection merely as another suspect?

Yes please do check into James Davidson's story, it is a weird piece of the puzzle that seems missing, was his injured in a way that he could provide no usual info (brain damage) or did the cops at the time not want to deal with it as he was taken from Wayne county, or is it just a rumor?

Looking forward to anything more you can unravel on this mystery in 2018, I am waiting right along with you!

Hi all! My name is Andy Berthiaume. I am a freelance radio producer from Windsor and am working on a podcast about these crimes. I was hoping there was someone out there who was willing to help me fill in my informational gaps, or help me contact those who may be willing to chat with me. My e-mail is andyberthiaume@gmail.com

Thanks everyone. Incredible info on this thread. Andy

Also - I had the chance to interview Barry King at this home. What an incredibly resilient man, still seeking justice for Tim (Barry is in his 80s now).

Also - I had the chance to interview Barry King at this home. What an incredibly resilient man, still seeking justice for Tim (Barry is in his 80s now).
Is Barry King convinced that Christopher Busch was the OCCK? I haven't seen enough evidence to be sure. However, the white dog that was the donor of the hair found on all of the victims has never been identified. That makes me think that none of the named suspects is the real perpetrator.

By the way, there were rumors back in the late 70s/early 80s that the kids had been drugged with something used in animal shelters to euthanize animals. Can you either confirm that or write it off definitively as idle rumor?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back