Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

A security guard reattaches the caution tape after allowing a 'Apotex' truck to enter the driveway of the Toronto home of Barry and Honey Sherman on Monday, March 5, 2018

(RSBM)
http://nationalpost.com/news/toront...s-family-takes-back-house-where-shermans-died

View attachment 131081

Eeerie and sad to see the Apotex truck there.

Haven't posted much in this thread but my personal feeling is that once the myriad of suspects, motives, and legal issues are all sorted through, Occam's Razor will apply and it will end up being much simpler than expected. My money is on KW. As to why there hasn't been an arrest, well, this is a super high profile case and every possibility, no matter how far fetched, must be eliminated first. The TPD is under a microscope here, no doubt about it, and I'm sure they want to dot every i and cross every t!

I wonder if KW knew the layout of the house and about any security cams, doors being locked or left unlocked? I'm sure 1 other person did mention about security cams to BS at some time. The other guy (MD)who spoke up and did an interview for The Fifth Estate segment .

During an interview with the Star at his office and later on the phone, Missaghi doesn’t flinch, even when pressed about his lengthy list of criminal charges, some for violence and others for fraud. In the early 2000s he was charged several times for threats to cause bodily harm, sexual assault and assault using a shoe, belt and door, all against the same woman, according to court records. In that case Missaghi says a woman he refused to marry lied to the police.

In 2009, Missaghi and Erlick were charged together with uttering a threat to cause bodily harm to a man and conspiring to commit murder and arson. (The charges were withdrawn and both men say it never happened.) And in 2010, Missaghi was charged with uttering a threat to cause death to a different woman. He promised not to communicate with the woman, who also claimed in a civil case that he defrauded her of $2 million to $3 million in connection to the same Steeles Ave. property named in the Marks case. The case is ongoing. Missaghi maintains the allegations are lies.

Missaghi has never been convicted of any crime, according to documents obtained by the Star from several GTA courthouses.
Same source as above by dotr:https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...f_stealing_millions_swears_shes_innocent.html

Lengthy article.
Apotex, founded by Barry Sherman, claims a former chemist stole drug secrets

by Michael Friscolanti and Anne Kingston, Maclean's
Posted Mar 7, 2018
http://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/03/07/apotex-claims-chemist-stole-drug-secrets/
Apotex Inc., the generic-drug giant founded by murdered billionaire Barry Sherman, has been waging a year-long court battle against an ex-employee who was fired for allegedly stealing millions of dollars’ worth of pharmaceutical trade secrets from a laboratory computer—in the hopes of launching a rival company in his native Pakistan.

Court documents obtained by Maclean’s reveal the existence of a high-stakes internal investigation launched by Canada’s largest drug-maker in January 2017—and the urgent lawsuit that followed, aimed at recouping what the company describes as “highly sensitive” intellectual property of “enormous” value. Apotex is so determined to retrieve any missing data that, at one point during the ongoing litigation, company lawyers demanded that the former staffer be imprisoned for 45 days for contempt of court because he “willfully and deliberately” ignored a judge’s order to hand over USB drives, email passwords and other electronic devices believed to contain confidential information.

Mulazim Hussain, a veteran chemist who worked at Apotex’s research-and-development laboratory for more than a decade, was fired last year after the company discovered he had registered a private corporation and taken steps to construct his own generic-drug plant in Faisalabad, Pakistan.
There is no suggestion that Hussain had any involvement in the couples’ deaths. According to court filings, the chemist was not in Canada when the Shermans were killed in mid-December; he had flown to Pakistan in November following the passing of his father, and was still overseas in January. Three scheduled hearings related to the lawsuit—including one on Dec. 5, 2017, eight days before the Shermans were last seen alive—were adjourned because Hussain was out of the country, court records show.

But as investigators continue their painstaking search for potential clues, the fallout from Hussain’s firing provides a rare window into the machinations of the lucrative, ultra-competitive industry in which Barry Sherman made his fortune.

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/apotex-claims-longtime-chemist-went-rogue-and-stole-drug-secrets/
[h=1]Apotex claims longtime chemist went rogue and stole drug secrets[/h][h=2]A lawsuit filed by the pharma giant months before the murders of Barry and Honey Sherman alleges the worker planned to start his own drug-making company

[/h] by Michael Friscolanti and Anne Kingston Mar 6, 2018
Asked if Apotex executives have informed homicide detectives about Hussain’s firing—and the ensuing lawsuit that was active when the Shermans were murdered—Berman replied, via email: “It’s best you speak directly with Toronto Police Service about what information has been shared with them during the course of their investigation.” A police spokeswoman would only say that because the investigation is active, it would be inappropriate to disclose the names of people who have been interviewed.

Maclean’s asked Koven, Hussain’s lawyer, whether his client has been contacted by police in connection with the Sherman murders. He had not replied by the time this story was posted.

I wonder if this Hussain was the whistleblower re JDs affair with Teva executive.
Working at Apotex must have seemed more like working for a spy agency.
I wonder what was found on JDs computers when he “resigned”

Haven't posted much in this thread but my personal feeling is that once the myriad of suspects, motives, and legal issues are all sorted through, Occam's Razor will apply and it will end up being much simpler than expected. My money is on KW. As to why there hasn't been an arrest, well, this is a super high profile case and every possibility, no matter how far fetched, must be eliminated first. The TPD is under a microscope here, no doubt about it, and I'm sure they want to dot every i and cross every t!
I don't disagree that there is much to go through and Occam's Razor may apply in the end. But, if they suspect that KW is the perpetrator, and they let him roam freely until his arrest, I suspect they will be under that same microscope all over again.

To counter the Occam's Razor theory, I think we can't rule out the possibility that this could come down to something that's not even on our radar at this time. Although, I hold some theories on my list that have been previously discussed.

Glad it's being looked into and reported on but the reporter just seems too happy smiling etc. The reporter doesn't think that incident with the alleged trade secret stealing employee has anything to do with the murders, I wonder why she thinks it doesn't?. The news anchor guy smiles at times too when talking about the espionage etc. A very weird interview IMO

That was an earlier article and I understand their reaction to some degree.

I have since read that they now have cleaning crews in there, have had furniture and artworks appraised, etc.

Possibly they are having second thoughts about demolition, they won't want to live there but its a lovely area and I think once its cleaned up it may sell for a good price.

The market has changed a bit, even if they do a rebuild and change the house number it will always be where their parents were killed.

After Nicole Simpson was murdered, the place was sold, relandscaped etc but people still have no trouble finding it many years later.

After we moved here, we found out that a man had died in our house, been laid out in front of the fireplace in his casket.

It creeped me out a wee bit, I was quite young but after thinking it over, people die everywhere.

Not that a natural death is a murder......

After we moved here, we found out that a man had died in our house, been laid out in front of the fireplace in his casket.

It creeped me out a wee bit, I was quite young but after thinking it over, people die everywhere.

Rbsbm.
Thinking that maybe people might hesitate to purchase a home where murders have been committed and the perp/s have not been identified and arrested.
Understandably, in the back of a buyer's mind, they might worry that the killer may live in the neighbourhood, or might even return to the house.
imo, speculation.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by dotr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coX397TesXY
CityNews Toronto
Published on Mar 7, 2018
Glad it's being looked into and reported on but the reporter just seems too happy smiling etc. The reporter doesn't think that incident with the alleged trade secret stealing employee has anything to do with the murders, I wonder why she thinks it doesn't?. The news anchor guy smiles at times too when talking about the espionage etc. A very weird interview IMO
Interesting how they seem to make it seem that it was in 'January', without specifying that it was LAST January?
And yes, weird smiles and such.. as if they think this is all just frivolous..

That was an earlier article and I understand their reaction to some degree.

I have since read that they now have cleaning crews in there, have had furniture and artworks appraised, etc.

Possibly they are having second thoughts about demolition, they won't want to live there but its a lovely area and I think once its cleaned up it may sell for a good price.

The market has changed a bit, even if they do a rebuild and change the house number it will always be where their parents were killed.

After Nicole Simpson was murdered, the place was sold, relandscaped etc but people still have no trouble finding it many years later.

I wouldn't be afraid of the dead, it's the living I'm afraid of :(. Sure are some loonies out there.... JMO

Rbsbm.
Thinking that maybe people might hesitate to purchase a home where murders have been committed and the perp/s have not been identified and arrested.
Understandably, in the back of a buyer's mind, they might worry that the killer may live in the neighbourhood, or might even return to the house.
imo, speculation.

Given the high profile of the case, I think any prospective buyer would also be wary of endless waves of curious (morbid, IMO) passers-by, photographers and "murder house" tours. Plus, any buyer would undoubtedly be identified and profiled by the media. (The family could be having it cleaned pre-demolition to deter possible souvenir hunters, although they probably can't be totally avoided.)

Good gracious! What a tangled web!

Given the high profile of the case, I think any prospective buyer would also be wary of endless waves of curious (morbid, IMO) passers-by, photographers and "murder house" tours. Plus, any buyer would undoubtedly be identified and profiled by the media. (The family could be having it cleaned pre-demolition to deter possible souvenir hunters, although they probably can't be totally avoided.)

Aren't there a lot of court proceedings against architects and construction companies still in progress? Would be demolition allowed despite that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches