Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #11 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably it relates to driving under the influence of drugs with the minor in the car. They have phone pings of her being out by OG between 4 and 6pm.

FWIW, the right to remain silent, and right to counsel are two different things, and are handled differently, especially if the person is remaining in custody. She may have invoked to remain silent, but with the right to counsel, you're required to be given contact with counsel "within a reasonable time," generally accepted as a few hours. The important difference is if you only exercise the right to remain silence there are a few ways in which LE still may get information from someone, a bit unknowingly. That doesn't work if right to counsel is invoked, it's basically impossible to obtain information without counsel present.

ETA/ above quote I am replying to- not sure what happened

I agree, but no matter what, she was silent. I think everything LE has is off of phone records and following up with those individuals. Her lips are sealed- at least up until now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staring at this:

Affidavit: Stepmom smoked marijuana day before reporting Lucas Hernandez missing

According to the probable cause affidavit, Glass told police the day before she made the report she smoked marijuana.
Glass said she was cleaning the family's home, located near Lincoln and Edgemoor, when she went into the garage around 3:30 p.m. and "smoked a few bowls" of marijuana.
Glass told police she got hungry. So, she and her one-year-old daughter, only identified as MH, drove to Olive Garden for dinner.
Glass said she only stayed at Olive Garden for about an hour before driving back home with MH.
The court document says Glass consented to a search of her phone where police found texts on Facebook Messenger between her and JH (Glass' husband, Jonathan Hernandez).
Police say the messages stated Glass was going to smoke a couple of bowls of marijuana and go to Olive Garden using a gift card JH sent her.
The document goes on to say Glass made two phone calls on Feb. 16 at 4:53 p.m. and 5:43 p.m. The phone calls were made from the area of Central and Rock, near where an Olive Garden is located.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Af...e-Lucas-Hernandez-went-missing-476690153.html

So, not sure if this has been mentioned, it probably has...

Could OG be a red herring as far as purposely establishing a certain location/direction?

Maybe take the equal and opposite direction, what does that look lIke out of curiosity...?

(Speculative brainstorming, of course)

And, do yoy think aLucas is near OG or not...thoughts? And if so, or not, why or why not. This will involve a close examination of the time line, mileage, etc.

(Going back to catch up, will do my best, posts are thick!)

Staring at this:

Could OG be a red herring as far as establishing a purposeful known location?

Maybe take the equal and opposite direction, what does that look lIke out of curiosity...?

(Speculative brainstorming, of course)

Near OG or not...thoughts? And if so, or not, why or why not. This will involve a close examination of the time line and mileage.
If she was seen on camera at OG, how is it a red herring?
Would she then later travel in the opposite direction with him?

My gut says she did not put LH in her car at any time after he dies.
She didn't bury him, I doubt she had the right tools.
She's tiny too no way she dug a grave.
He is REALLY close to the home or she handed off to someone else.
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Staring at this:

Could OG be a red herring? Meaning, take the equal distance and go in the opposite direction...?

Great point. They can easily follow up with that info through purchases made at OG with a gift card during that time- unless of course she gave the giftcard to someone else to use during that time-if so, that person would have had to of had her phone and made two calls. (We or I am here), and an hour later, We are leaving now- meet back at house. Only supposing they swapped cars to dispose. Far fetched, but viable. BUT our VI says the night of Friday to early Saturday. For me, not enough info- I tend to shy away from blind faith. Too many unknowns to make a viable scenario.

Moo

Wondering if she maybe put Lucas n the opposite direction then went to OG? Idk, half asleep, sorry, need to catch up here and look at the timeline, mileage, etc, just saying she knew LE would obviously need to know her specific whereabouts and timeline, and by this time she might have had some time to think and try to come up with something deceptive, or opposite from whatever the truth is.

Eta: Red herring basically means something purposefully done to throw off investigators, ftr. In Jessica Ridgeway case, her killer tossed her backpack in the opposite direction of her remains for precisely this reason (getting LE to search elsewhere), as admitted by him in a later interview.

So, in this case a type of directional alibi, fakeout so to speak. (Or not, could've just been bc she had a gift card!)

Just tossing it out there.

More obvious possibilities, close to home or close to OG, and maybe I am giving her too much credit, but maybe she thinks she's smarter than she really is like many of them do. So maybe she has gone though a fair amount of thought if she had time? (Sorry sleepy post!!)

Moo

Yup

Ok- Hold up here. You just brought something to light for me. Child neglect time as instructed-4pmFriday to 6 pm on Saturday . As far as we know, he is NOT eating inside OG. She cleaned, smoked, and went to OG. Who is to say Lucas was not in the vehicle already? One call: I’m here ( my car is open take the luggage) Second call: I’m leaving . How on Gods green earth do we know he wasn’t transported. Going back to initial thoughts: another persons involvement.
Secondly, you cannot prove to the courts that you are changing your ways and are trying to provide a healthy environment for your two boys, when you have two children, 2 adults living in a one bedroom apartment- hence the move. Trying to get more visitation with her boys. A lot of times, the courts want to see that you can provide them a room, a space of their own. This may be where the interview comment of “ at a time like this” comes in. Just putting my thoughts out there to be expanded upon.
MOO

I missed the info that the apartment they left was a 1 bedroom. Where was that info from? Thanks!

I missed the info that the apartment they left was a 1 bedroom. Where was that info from? Thanks!

That info was from the very beginning of the case. I will have to go back and find it-sorry I don’t have it handy!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That info was from the very beginning of the case. I will have to go back and find it-sorry I don’t have it handy!!

No worries, I believe you...just missed seeing that...but with this many threads I can't say I'm surprised I missed it or forgot!

No worries, I believe you...just missed seeing that...but with this many threads I can't say I'm surprised I missed it or forgot!

I’m seriously going back through right now to make sure I haven’t missed anything- this thread is fast, and full of great minds. I don’t want to miss a thing!!

Why on earth would EG disclose to LE that she smoked a bowl and the drove her daughter anywhere? And also disclose that Lucas wasn't with her? Why would she tell them this stuff knowing she will be charged?

We have to remember that they don't want to reveal the evidence they have regarding Lucas.
Really regardless of WHAT they know, they don't want to REVEAL what they know.
Charging her with endangering Lucas would require them revealing HOW she did that.

So even if they KNOW she left him home alone, they don't want to reveal that.
It is possible that they know he was home alone and alive.
It is possible they know he was home alone but aren't sure if he was alive.

It is possible he was seen for the last time before she went to Olive Garden.
It is possible he was seen for the last time shortly after they returned from Olive Garden.

It's possible he was left in the car while they ate.
It's possible he was transported by someone else while she ate.

LE does not want EG to know what they know.
So they will keep as much to themselves for as long as they are able to.
I'm hoping they are keeping A LOT to themselves.

Why on earth would EG disclose to LE that she smoked a bowl and the drove her daughter anywhere? And also disclose that Lucas wasn't with her? Why would she tell them this stuff knowing she will be charged?

Why did the Mathews' "admit" to leaving Sherin outside alone in the middle of the night?
Or admit to leaving her home alone while they went out to dinner?
Because what they are admitting to is far better than what they actually did.
The truth is so unpleasant that these stories they give are preferable.

Probably because she had been mirandized IIRC and knew if she didn't turn over her phone they'd get a subpoena for it. I'm sure they told her that. Precisely. And the info on the messages she had w/JH about smoking and going to eat at OG were on that phone.
When my ex od'd in my home while I was gone for days, they asked me for his password. I guessed and got it right. They charged it and got what they needed. I'm sure it's different in a murder case, but Lucas is missing at this time. She has not been charged concerning him.
So I don't know right now.
JMO

The VI has stated that someone other than EG saw Lucas on that Friday but for reasons they don't know they can't state who. Is it possible Lucas was in school that Friday, did someone come over that afternoon and she smoked with them, and they stayed while she went to dinner with the 1 yr old. Were the phone calls to someone saying traffic was crazy we just got here and second call was saying hey we are done eating now I am on my way back home. With the timeline VI is telling us to focus on tells me someone saw Lucas very close to that 4 pm time frame not earlier in the day. What scares me is LE has known this information for a couple weeks, know who she called know where her phone pinged and still has not been able to find Lucas.

I race along trying to catch up. It's very early evening here Wed night. Sometimes racing along I miss certain points. Can someone tell me if the below is correct
Tuesday was child endangerment charges which received a continuance. Coming up is an attempt to get reduced bail. However the affidavit "just happened" to be release at these times to media also, for obvious reasons. Could someone please correct me if this is wrong !! TES is searching Wednesday your time ?
Thanks x awesome effort everyone with great ideas, wonderful feet on the ground, volunteers, superior mapping skills and all round brilliant minds keeping everyone on track and with fresh thoughts.
Hugs to our VI's as the intensity ramps up.

Why did the Mathews' "admit" to leaving Sherin outside alone in the middle of the night?
Or admit to leaving her home alone while they went out to dinner?
Because what they are admitting to is far better than what they actually did.
The truth is so unpleasant that these stories they give are preferable.

Your post is so right but it makes me sick to think about. The awful things that they admitted to doing to Sherin were no where near as bad as the things they really did. Same goes for Lucas. My god. I'm sick.

Moo

Given the similarities to Caylee here, I want to say he's close to home. My god, Caylee was near enough in their back yard. BUT, given the length of time she took to report Lucas missing (Saturday, when it appears he disappeared Friday) I'm wondering if this was to give her more time to travel to put him somewhere. More time for more miles to be covered. I don't know. I'm torn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288