FL FL - Sabrina Aisenberg, 5 months, Valrico, 24 Nov 1997

Based on an easy search, the parents live in relatively modest home in a nice part of suburban MD. I wonder if they had any other kids?

Any new leads or info on this case? Can't believe it's been 20 years. Still having a hard time finding a motive for any of it.

Any new leads or info on this case? Can't believe it's been 20 years. Still having a hard time finding a motive for any of it.

Found two links from Nov 2017 which mention a young woman coming forward with thoughts that she might be Sabrina. Her looks were close enough that her DNA sample is being tested.
I could not find anything that says the testing was completed and results were in yet.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts...erg-s-disappearance-still-a-mystery_162708412

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Sabrina_Aisenberg

Looks as if they are still waiting on the test results...

20 years after Sabrina Aisenberg vanished, her parents hope she could be on her way home

t's been 20 years since Marlene and Steve Aisenberg last saw their daughter Sabrina and their pain is as raw
today as it has ever been.
But even after all this time, they feel confident that Sabrina is still alive. "We've never been given any reason to believe anything different," Marlene Aisenberg said. And they are still getting new tips from young women who believe they could be the couple's missing daughter.

Today, the Aisenberg's have new reason to hope that Sabrina could be on her way home soon.

In November, Marlene Aisenberg said she got a Facebook message from a 20-year-old woman who thought she may be Sabrina.
Marlene Aisenberg said that the woman's birthday is close to Sabrina's and that the woman who reached out had found out another woman had her Social Security number. Since then, a second woman has come forward, also saying she may be Sabrina.

Both women have had their DNA collected and the Aisenberg's are waiting for the results.
"This is the first time, as an adult, that somebody has reached out to us," Marlene Aisenberg said. She said that her family is trying to be cautiously optimistic. "We hope every day," Steve Aisenberg said. "Hope is what keeps us going and moving forward."

Link

If this is really Sabrina..... :thud:
At least these young ladies initiated the contact.
In other cases where they did not, getting to know the bio family didn't go very well.

http://people.com/crime/sabrina-aisenberg-missing-alive-adult-women-dna-testing/

These developments will be the subject of Friday’s 20/20 on ABC. The episode is exclusively previewed above.

According to the network, both women are undergoing DNA testing. The results are pending.

Meanwhile, Sabrina’s mother and father, Marlene and Steve Aisenberg, say they do not believe their youngest child is dead.

“We hope every day,” Steve told ABC News. “Hope is what keeps us going and moving forward.”

In the exclusive preview from Friday’s 20/20, the Aisenberg parents discuss being approached by one of the two women about her belief that she may be related to them.

I wonder why the DNA isn't back yet? You'd think 3 months would be plenty of time. That concerns me that it might be a repeat of the Natalee Holloway show....

I also am still wondering about those "y shaped" marks on Sabrina's arm. I'm guessing they were not permanent birthmarks or these ladies could be ruled in or out that way before doing DNA? Has this ever been explained further?

https://rememberthemissing.wordpress.com/2010/01/07/sabrina-aisenberg-2/

Vital statistics: White female. Born on June 27, 1997. Brown hair; blue eyes. Sabrina has several marks in the shape of the letter “Y” below her right shoulder. Her hair may now be blond and her eyes brown. Was four months at the time.

I saw the case on 20/20 last night. The mom seemed really genuine. The dad- it's kind of hard to tell, he's just kind of nonchalant. I think that might just be his personality. All in all I think they are innocent.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I saw the case on 20/20 last night. The mom seemed really genuine. The dad- it's kind of hard to tell, he's just kind of nonchalant. I think that might just be his personality. All in all I think they are innocent.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I honestly have always felt that these parents are simply.... different.
I think they were extremely relaxed, kind of ditzy, very naive.
I know some people like this and they remind me of them.

I don't know if they are guilty or not, but I think it'd be AMAZING if Sabrina was alive.
Especially if she was the one who figured it out and contacted them. Amazing.

Interesting about the “Y” marks, in that the description doesn’t seem to be explicit about whether they were birth marks or what.

I know those things can sometimes fade or change shape as you age so I guess the absence of them wouldn’t be definitive proof that someone isn’t Sabrina so many years later.

Interesting about the “Y” marks, in that the description doesn’t seem to be explicit about whether they were birth marks or what.

I know those things can sometimes fade or change shape as you age so I guess the absence of them wouldn’t be definitive proof that someone isn’t Sabrina so many years later.

No it wouldn't be conclusive, but there just wasn't ever any mention of them again.
I just would have expected it to be a focus if it was a birth mark, so I'm guessing it was not.

Just reading through this thread & I'm shocked to see how many people think the Aisenbergs are innocent. I've always believed they were guilty as sin. When I heard the tapes(bad quality and all) I could hear the dad admitting to doing something to Sabrina while high on cocaine. Then he pleads the 5th during a grand jury? What was he gonna incriminate himself about? Super sketchy to me. But to put people in prison you need EVIDENCE and this case doesn't have enough to be beyond a reasonable doubt. If the parents ARE innocent I truly feel bad for them, but in my heart I believe they killed her and buried the body. And what is it about Florida? just off the top of my head there's Haliegh Cummings, then you have everybody's favorite candidate for mother of the year Casey Anthony. Her story is shockingly similar to this case. And the whole world knows she's a child murderer...and free____smdh

What case like Sabrina's is there where the baby was one of multiple children? With no signs of abuse or prior reports of abuse or heavy drug use?

This is just not a stereotypical missing/murdered baby case. It actually reminds me of a couple of cases where the babies WERE abducted. In those cases nobody woke up until morning when they found their baby gone.

I also can't think of a single guilty parent who maintained a website and continued doing interviews for 20 years. Maybe a year or two but then they fade away into obscurity.

I'm a defense paralegal so I always give people the benefit of the doubt. I did think they were guilty back then, however I now have my doubts. Mostly I would just LOVE a happy ending.

I can't decide which post to quote... because I can't decide what I think about this case.

While I agree, the whole story is sketchy and unbelievable (not as unbelievable as any crap Casey Anthony tried to feed everyone, but unbelievable), they are putting the story back in the spotlight again. I think that they would just fade into the background and hope everyone would forget if they did harm her.

All in all, I don't know.

What case like Sabrina's is there where the baby was one of multiple children? With no signs of abuse or prior reports of abuse or heavy drug use?

This is just not a stereotypical missing/murdered baby case. It actually reminds me of a couple of cases where the babies WERE abducted. In those cases nobody woke up until morning when they found their baby gone.

I also can't think of a single guilty parent who maintained a website and continued doing interviews for 20 years. Maybe a year or two but then they fade away into obscurity.

I'm a defense paralegal so I always give people the benefit of the doubt. I did think they were guilty back then, however I now have my doubts. Mostly I would just LOVE a happy ending.

Hmmm, maybe Darlie Routier? Damon & Devon murdered (whether by Darlie or not) but Drake was spared.

I don't think there were any previous reports of abuse in Damon/Devon's case? (I might be completely wrong, it's hard to think of one).

Christopher Abeyta, perhaps.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...er-Abeyta-7-mos-Colorado-Springs-15-July-1986

https://m.facebook.com/findchristopher/

That is eerily similar. Including the family maintaining a website even NOW.
I still can't find any like these two where the baby was found and parents charged.

I mean there are tons where the parents kill the baby, yes. However they are on drugs, have criminal histories, have a step parent around, have abused their other children, or some combination of all of the above.

Generally when a child disappears from a relatively happy, crime free, drug free home with no history of abuse with their other children... it doesn't end up being the parents. Or maybe they just always get away with it?

I have noticed a couple of things, the parents have never appeared heartbroken or even stressed, they have continued on with their lives and look very happy. I have seen very few appeals from them to “Bring Sabrina home” Now 20 years later they are doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to chime in here. (I know this is an old comment.) I see comments like this a lot in regards to missing/deceased children. My husband and I suddenly lost a child 8 years ago and I can say with absolute authority that people grieve differently. Even between us, my husband and I had different signs of grief. In all of our “public” appearances, he was very stoic and reserved. I, on the other hand, felt like the one who had to “keep it together.” I didn’t cry in public, kept my calm, and at our son’s funeral I even made some jokes about our son’s favorite TV shows (Full House and Charles in Charge reruns). In hindsight, we were probably in shock. What most grieving parents will tell you is that it takes at least 6 months for the REAL grief to truly set in. Up until that point, you’re kind of running on adrenaline and just going through the motions. We had another living child, too, and it was important for us to create an outward semblance of “normal” for him. We moved through the motions of living so that we could give him the best life possible.

What the public, and our surviving son, didn’t see was what we did in private. People didn’t see or hear the screaming, the wailing, the sobbing…They didn’t see us staying up all night, afraid to go to sleep and start over with a new day without our kid. They didn’t hear me and my husband contemplating how we could kill ourselves in a way that wasn’t too painful. Didn’t see us breaking down each time we looked at a special toy or a place in the house that reminded us of our son. Didn’t go to the doctors’ visits with us where we sat there in shock, trying to explain how we felt without being able to find the words.

I don’t know about this family. I feel kind of stuck in the middle on them. It reminds me of a cross between Madeline McCann and Jon Benet Ramsey only, in this case, I feel like the parents may really be innocent. Someone truly could have had this child in their sights and just caught a lucky break with the garage door. If the door hadn’t been up, they may have found another way. Sometimes weird things end up being true. They may have actually found some solace in the fact that their abducted child was an infant (people who abduct infants tend to have different motives from those who abduct older children). They may have created a scenario in their minds in which Sabrina is living in a loving home-there are certainly enough movies about such things that would pad such a scenario. Who knows WHAT they've told themselves to be able to make their life move forward again. The fact is, however, that even in grief life doesn't stop and you DO have to find a way to live. That's kind of the worst part of losing a child.

I won’t hang anything on the way the couple appears in public.

I have to chime in here. (I know this is an old comment.) I see comments like this a lot in regards to missing/deceased children. My husband and I suddenly lost a child 8 years ago and I can say with absolute authority that people grieve differently. Even between us, my husband and I had different signs of grief. In all of our “public” appearances, he was very stoic and reserved. I, on the other hand, felt like the one who had to “keep it together.” I didn’t cry in public, kept my calm, and at our son’s funeral I even made some jokes about our son’s favorite TV shows (Full House and Charles in Charge reruns). In hindsight, we were probably in shock. What most grieving parents will tell you is that it takes at least 6 months for the REAL grief to truly set in. Up until that point, you’re kind of running on adrenaline and just going through the motions. We had another living child, too, and it was important for us to create an outward semblance of “normal” for him. We moved through the motions of living so that we could give him the best life possible.

What the public, and our surviving son, didn’t see was what we did in private. People didn’t see or hear the screaming, the wailing, the sobbing…They didn’t see us staying up all night, afraid to go to sleep and start over with a new day without our kid. They didn’t hear me and my husband contemplating how we could kill ourselves in a way that wasn’t too painful. Didn’t see us breaking down each time we looked at a special toy or a place in the house that reminded us of our son. Didn’t go to the doctors’ visits with us where we sat there in shock, trying to explain how we felt without being able to find the words.

I don’t know about this family. I feel kind of stuck in the middle on them. It reminds me of a cross between Madeline McCann and Jon Benet Ramsey only, in this case, I feel like the parents may really be innocent. Someone truly could have had this child in their sights and just caught a lucky break with the garage door. If the door hadn’t been up, they may have found another way. Sometimes weird things end up being true. They may have actually found some solace in the fact that their abducted child was an infant (people who abduct infants tend to have different motives from those who abduct older children). They may have created a scenario in their minds in which Sabrina is living in a loving home-there are certainly enough movies about such things that would pad such a scenario. Who knows WHAT they've told themselves to be able to make their life move forward again. The fact is, however, that even in grief life doesn't stop and you DO have to find a way to live. That's kind of the worst part of losing a child.

I won’t hang anything on the way the couple appears in public.

Thank you for this post, it gives me a lot of perspective. And I'm so sorry for your loss.

This discussion reminds me of Lindy Chamberlain and the "dingo-baby" Azaria. No one believed her either, other than me, it seemed. And then they found that little darlings knit wear in the outback near the dingo lairs... some say she's still guilty. But, she's been exonerated.

Thank you for this post, it gives me a lot of perspective. And I'm so sorry for your loss.

This discussion reminds me of Lindy Chamberlain and the "dingo-baby" Azaria. No one believed her either, other than me, it seemed. And then they found that little darlings knit wear in the outback near the dingo lairs... some say she's still guilty. But, she's been exonerated.

I JUST watched that Meryl Streep movie a few days ago. I've been thinking a lot about it, too. That's another case of the woman acting really weird in the interviews but, as it turns out, she was just weird. She was apparently telling the truth, as far-fetched as it sounded. (It does seem like if she'd wanted to make something up, she would've thought of a better story.)

I see a lot of people saying, "Well if that happened to ME then I would (fill in the blank)." And, yeah, I was like that too. From the outside, it's really easy to speculate as to how you'd react, what you'd feel, etc. Being in the middle of it, though, is a different story. The trauma of losing a child, especially if it's a sudden death, is unlike any other form of trauma. I'd been through a lot of stuff in my life, thought I was decent at handling things and keeping myself together. It's almost like a neurological disorder takes over, though-there were literally times in which I didn't feel like I was in control of anything that was going on with my body or mind. And I do realize that my experience was different since we, after all, knew that our son was dead but it's what I have to draw from.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back