Gun Control Debate #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it is... Any idea anyone has ever suggested except do nothing is just impractical. Let's all just give up, then. Gun lovers win, everyone loses. Dead kids aren't worth even considering something that might be hard.

[emoji93]

Let's hear ideas then that will prevent us from having any more dead kids. The latest ideas I'm seeing seem to only want to make guns and/or ammunition so costly that the average person could no longer afford to have guns. I've heard electronic triggers, liability insurance, and tax ammunition so much that people can't afford to buy it. People talk about how safe Canada and Australia are, but their laws are less extreme than some of the proposals I've seen here, for the U.S.

I agree as they are ideas that would punish millions of law abiding citizens.

If you are a law abiding, responsible gun owner how is punishing someone who allows a minor unsupervised access to guns and ammo to the full extent of the law, or even harsher punishments than the US has now, going to impact on you? I can't see how it would tbh

Let's hear ideas then that will prevent us from having any more dead kids. The latest ideas I'm seeing seem to only want to make guns and/or ammunition so costly that the average person could no longer afford to have guns. I've heard electronic triggers, liability insurance, and tax ammunition so much that people can't afford to buy it. People talk about how safe Canada and Australia are, but their laws are less extreme than some of the proposals I've seen here, for the U.S.

As I have said repeatedly now, stricter punishments for those who allow unsupervised access to minors to guns and ammo. That won't affect any legal, responsible gun owner. And it's not just dead kids, how about dead spouses when someone shoots them, dead families in murder suicides, dead drivers in road rage shootings, dead policemen from people who have no business carrying a gun having one?

Who said they have to be affordable?

Phones have that technology and it's not cost prohibitive.

Really, with all the technology available REALLY nothing like that could be done? Poppycock.

If the NRA decided that's the ticket you can be sure funding would suddenly be found.

I hunt to get away from technology and the modern world. I have no interest in a gun with a trigger that's electronically regulated.

And yes, guns and ammunition DO need to remain affordable. It's already expensive enough and it's becoming difficult to get young people interested in taking up hunting and/or shooting.

I hunt to get away from technology and the modern world. I have no interest in a gun with a trigger that's electronically regulated.

And yes, guns and ammunition DO need to remain affordable. It's already expensive enough and it's becoming difficult to get young people interested in taking up hunting and/or shooting.

Maybe because they don't want to hunt and kill animals for real, and like you said in your daughter's case they would prefer to play Minecraft than hurt an animal? Who knows

As I have said repeatedly now, stricter punishments for those who allow unsupervised access to minors to guns and ammo. That won't affect any legal, responsible gun owner. And it's not just dead kids, how about dead spouses when someone shoots them, dead families in murder suicides, dead drivers in road rage shootings, dead policemen from people who have no business carrying a gun having one?

I'm totally fine with stricter punishment. How about death penalty required for anyone who kills another person with a firearm? I'm with you on that!

I'm totally fine with stricter punishment. How about death penalty required for anyone who kills another person with a firearm? I'm with you on that!

No need for that! You are basically trolling now. You obviously don't agree with that, or your guns for self-defence argument goes out of the window

Oh, well, since you have no interest, then that's that!!!

Hunters could be inconvenienced with having to be exposed to some extra technology out in the wild! Oh dear, your musket.... Wait.... How much technology is just the right amount out in the wild? Enough to use the gun you want but no extra safety measures.... Oh no that's just going too too far!

Because god forbid you have to deal with such an inconvenience! It's much more inconvenient to bury a loved one, but, no, your comfort level and lack of interest clearly outweighs anyone else's right to safety.

Maybe because they don't want to hunt and kill animals for real, and like you said in your daughter's case they would prefer to play Minecraft than hurt an animal? Who knows

No, that's not it. It's people's busy lives these days, kids in sports and other after school activities, and all the electronic distractions, that keep kids away from "real life." Everybody has to eat, some kill their own meat, while other people pay others to do it for them.

Maybe another thread for this analysis? We don't want to derail this one right?
Isn't this a thread about gun debate and how we can find ways to make the US safer from guns? It seems like only ways to regulate guns are being willing discussed here. Maybe our problem with guns goes deeper than just regulations. We will never find the problem unless we openly discuss all angles of why our country has so many school shootings. IMO Other than regulations I believe unless we discuss better accessibility to mental health of our youth, enforcement of our laws including felons prcessing guns we will not stop school shootings.

Some of the gun control laws that people are suggesting would unfairly punish law abiding gun owners. IMO

How? How is insurance for a gun any different from insurance for a motor vehicle? How is harsher punishment for allowing a minor to get their hands on an unsecured gun and ammo going to impact on a law abiding gun holder? How is closing the gunshow loophole going to impact on a law abiding gun owner? These are baby steps but they would be going in the right direction.

Isn't this a thread about gun debate and how we can find ways to make the US safer from guns? It seems like only ways to regulate guns are being willing discussed here. Maybe our problem with guns goes deeper than just regulations. We will never find the problem unless we openly discuss all angles of why our country has so many school shootings. IMO Other than regulations I believe unless we discuss better accessibility to mental health of our youth, enforcement of our laws including felons prcessing guns we will not stop school shootings.

If you think Canada has easier access to mental health care then you obviously haven't read anything about your northern neighbours. Nova Scotia alone is struggling to get family doctors never mind mental health staff

No, that's not it. It's people's busy lives these days, kids in sports and other after school activities, and all the electronic distractions, that keep kids away from "real life." Everybody has to eat, some kill their own meat, while other people pay others to do it for them.

And shock, horror, maybe SOME don't want to hunt. It's a possibility you know

No need for that! You are basically trolling now. You obviously don't agree with that, or your guns for self-defence argument goes out of the window

I'm talking about murder, not self defense. Didn't think I'd have to specify that. Of course I'm for the death penalty for someone who commits murder. And it should happen in a very short amount of time, let's say two months max.

Sports and after school activities are not real life. Huh. Who knew.

And shock, horror, maybe SOME don't want to hunt. It's a possibility you know

Most kids who want to hunt are introduced to it by their parents. My daughters are 10 and 12 and they both want to hunt. It helps that we eat wild game regularly, and they love it. They also know it's much healthier than what is available at the grocery store.

If you think Canada has easier access to mental health care then you obviously haven't read anything about your northern neighbours. Nova Scotia alone is struggling to get family doctors never mind mental health staff
I asked sincere a sincere question, because I do not know. I never said I thought they had better mental health. I asked if they did. I am sincere in trying to figure out why when both countries have gun problems one doesn't have school shooting yet the other does. I will refrain from asking any more questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie