Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #14 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iam torn I understand police not letting info out. I understand PB what PB said about no communication may make her talk. But I’m afraid with media attention drawing down she may think it is dying down if she stays quiet it will all go away. Second did anybody contact WSU criminology dept to see about help searching.

Still looking. I know FLA did address her own reporting at one point, but that post may have been re-evaluated and deleted right away. I know it mentioned reporting on their part based on responses, though.

(In OT news, I see there is a sad update for the missing 2 year old girl from Hoisington. Sorry, I've never started a thread, or I might've last night, but I know folks were interested here :( )

(http://www.kake.com/story/37770624/missing-2-year-old-kansas-girl-found-dead-man-arrested )

(The Kansas Bureau of Investigation said in a news release that Iviona Lewis, of Hoisington, was found dead in rural Barton County. Officer arrested 25-year-old Chaz Stephens for second-degree murder. The KBI said he is from Hoisington and was an acquaintance of Lewis.)

Still looking. I know FLA did address her own reporting at one point, but that post may have been re-evaluated and deleted right away. I know it mentioned reporting on their part based on responses, though.

(In OT news, I see there is a sad update for the missing 2 year old girl from Hoisington. Sorry, I've never started a thread, or I might've last night, but I know folks were interested here :( )

(http://www.kake.com/story/37770624/missing-2-year-old-kansas-girl-found-dead-man-arrested )

(The Kansas Bureau of Investigation said in a news release that Iviona Lewis, of Hoisington, was found dead in rural Barton County. Officer arrested 25-year-old Chaz Stephens for second-degree murder. The KBI said he is from Hoisington and was an acquaintance of Lewis.)

KS - Iviona Lewis, 2, Hoisington, 18 Mar 2018
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...m/forums/showthread.php?t=368981&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I should've double checked.

No worries [emoji4] I just posted the suspect’s Facebook page to that thread and figured I’d share the link.

So sad.

Now where’s our handsome Lil guy, Lucas??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is kind of off topic at the moment, but how could Emily claim she kicked JH out when he was most likely the one paying the rent? Don't get me wrong, we know it's not true anyway and I am not forgetting they were both on the lease, but still. What was her source of income? It just sounds like such a Casey Anthony thing to say, doesn't it? Even if she wanted to kick him out, who would pay the rent and utilities... makes no sense that she thought that was a believable thing to say to her ex. Just rambling.. sorry

It was a lie told to her ex so that he thought she was protecting her children from JH and so she could still have visitation. The boys were there visiting the next weekend. I know her ex still filed something tho so he was on it regardless.

New thought as far as asking people to search their properties - what about reaching out to real estate agents who might have some dominion over vacant properties with storm cellars, large lots of land, empty barns, etc? Has this been done?

New thought as far as asking people to search their properties - what about reaching out to real estate agents who might have some dominion over vacant properties with storm cellars, large lots of land, empty barns, etc? Has this been done?

Great idea, PhoneJockey! (you know, I never even thought of that, and I am a real estate agent!)

I'm gonna take this over to the Flyers thread if you don't mind.

I am not from KS, but PhoneJockey (great idea btw) made me realize that sometime manufacturing plants, industrial plants sit on a lot of acreage, surrounded by fences and are sometimes backed up to a small lake. I live in TX and work at a large soup manufacturing plant that sits on 1500+ acres. Our land only gets scoured by our field operators rarely if there is an issue with a sprinkler, or flooding, shredding the grass, etc. Does Wichita have any such industrial plants that you could make their security guards, or whoever is responsible for taking care of their fields aware to be on the look out for downed fences, suspicious items, tire tracks, *Lucas*? just a random thought

You know, I have thought many times about when I was EG's age. (26 right?) If I would have been non working with 2 little ones and my SO gone most of the time I think I would have been a little on the wild side. I've never been a pot smoker but I liked to hang out with my friends, go dancing, etc. Of course I would have taken great care of my children, never been intoxicated while they were in my care, never left them by themselves, but I think I would have developed my own life, separate from my SO. I just think I would have been too young and immature not to. I'll bet a lot of her friends were single with no children and presented a foot loose fancy free life.
So, I'm guessing EG did have a separate life from JH, and didn't care about her responsibilities as much as a good time. She had someone keeping food on the table and a roof over her head and she could and did do whatever she wanted with whoever she wanted.
Gosh! This is starting to remind me of Casey Anthony!

Okay guys, so our very own has worked hard to create a confirmed and up to date timeline for Lucas' case. This has taken a lot of time and effort but should help to alleviate any rumors that are being circulated.

We posted it to the official Lucas FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/SearchingForLucasHernandez/posts/415159545597906

Timeline question!

EG reported the black man/white woman to JH the night of the 11th? Is that confirmed through JH? Since she said it was "actually pretty early in the morning". So...just wondering if we're talking early morning hours of the 11th they were seen and photographed, then 12 hours later, she's sending this or is it like 2AM on the 12th or something and she sent it right away?

I don't like it if she sees people and gets a pic in the AM, seeks out the neighbor to meet Lucas, sends JH this pic late at night on the 11th, then gets rid of Lucas's beloved cat on the 12th, leaves Lucas home alone on the 16th under curious circumstances, then 24 hours later, seeks out the neighbor who met Lucas before reporting him missing, possibly asking said neighbor to call 911, but not inviting him to help search inside or out before calling herself.

I hate to think she elaborately planned it all out for that long.

Thanks very much to PB. This took great effort and I'm sure we are all going to be mining it for every bit of confirmation on times, locations etc. We will continue to try to bring Lucas home until he is found.
ETA now we know she drove to OG in a white Acura SUV:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

Okay guys, so our very own has worked hard to create a confirmed and up to date timeline for Lucas' case. This has taken a lot of time and effort but should help to alleviate any rumors that are being circulated.

We posted it to the official Lucas FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/SearchingForLucasHernandez/posts/415159545597906

- TIMELINE OF EVENTS - LUCAS HERNANDEZ -

A timeline was created in an effort to alleviate rumors and help organize the events surrounding the disappearance of 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez. Lucas has quickly become known as “Wichita’s Son” and he needs to be located. Sadly, we suspect that finding Lucas is now a recovery effort. If that’s the case, he deserves to be laid to rest respectfully and surrounded by those who love him.

5-15-17: Family member of Lucas’ father in NM call DHS in KS regarding suspected abuse of Lucas. Family member of Lucas’ biological mother in KS also report suspected abuse in May of 2017. It is later revealed that Lucas told family members in NM that his step-mother, Emily Glass, had thrown water in his face, kicked him, and dragged him across the room. Lucas stated that Emily is “mean to me.”

11-13-17: Another family member in NM contacted DHS about suspected abuse of Lucas.

2-7-18: Lucas moved into a new home in the 600 block of Edgemoor St. in Wichita, KS with his father, stepmother and younger sister.

2-9-18: Lucas’ father returns to NM for his scheduled 20 days of work.

2-11-18: Lucas is seen by a neighbor while playing with his stepmother’s two older sons. Glass is witnessed smoking outside with an unknown male. She later reports to Lucas’ father that a black male and white female were outside their home that night.

2-12-18: Glass surrenders the family cat to the Wichita Animal Shelter. Pets are not allowed in the rental house and she was reportedly unable to find anyone to take the cat.

2-16-18: Glass alleges she had been cleaning and around 3:30 p.m. "smoked a few bowls" of marijuana in the garage. She reportedly got hungry and drove to Olive Garden with her 1-year-old daughter in a white Acura SUV. Glass alleges she stayed at Olive Garden about an hour. She made two phone calls on at 4:53 p.m. and 5:43 p.m. The calls were made from the area of Central and Rock, near where an Olive Garden is located. (She later alleges that she left Lucas home because he had been sick, was sleeping, and she didn’t want to wake him.) Lucas is seen peeking out the window by the landlord around 5:30 p.m.

2-17-18: Glass reported Lucas missing at 6:14 p.m. after she alleges she left Lucas in his room around 3:00 p.m. while she took a shower and a nap. Lucas’ father begins his return trip home from NM after learning that Lucas is missing. Police begin an extensive search for Lucas and state they believe he was not abducted.

2-18-18: Lucas’ biological mother (who shares joint legal custody) arrived in KS around 5:00 a.m. after learning of Lucas’ disappearance. Prior to this, her last visit to KS was Jan. 1, 2018.

2-21-18: Glass is arrested and charged with 2 counts of child endangerment – one for Lucas and one for his 1-year-old sister. The endangerment charge for Lucas is later dropped. Lucas’ disappearance is now a criminal investigation.

3-3-18: Missing Pieces Network and the family of Lucas Hernandez encourage any property owners in Wichita and the surrounding counties to search their land and outbuildings for anything suspicious or out of the ordinary.

3-13-18: Police announce that the tip line will no longer be utilized for Lucas. Anyone with information is now asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 316-267-2111 or Wichita PD at 316-268-4407.

3-14-18: A judge denied Glass’ request for a bond modification. In her ruling, the judge stated that Glass is part of another separate, ongoing investigation and is considered a flight risk. Her bond remains at $50,000.

3-18-18: The “Searching For Lucas Hernandez” Facebook page was created in order to keep the public informed on the search for Lucas and to insure that Lucas’ face and story isn’t forgotten. Property owners who need assistance searching their land and outbuildings are encouraged to send a message to SearchingForLucas@gmail.com. We can’t allow Lucas to be forgotten and we won’t stop until he’s found.

#TeamLucas
#SearchingForLucas

attachment.php

Attachments

• 29497496_1797108530595317_6074090814705762304_n.jpg
    29497496_1797108530595317_6074090814705762304_n.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 8,927
And EG later alleges that she left Lucas at home because he was sick, sleeping and she didn't want to wake him up.
:tantrum:wonder if she could've even woken him up
:moo:

Thank you so much for the comprehensive timeline PB! You are amazing.

I also appreciate the extra tidbit that EG said she left Lucas alone when she went to OG because he was sleeping. This is what I was thinking....whether it be just another lie on her part or what actually happened.

I can see now that they could easily bring the endangerment charge for him against her again if necessary (she bonds out, gets sentenced and serves her time, etc.)

My next question is this - what is the statute of limitations on bringing a child endangerment charge? Say she is sentenced to 6 months or a year in jail, serves that time and is released. They still don't have enough evidence to bring any type of death related charge for him (theoretically) - can they still bring the child endangerment charge for Lucas against her at that point?

Can anyone refresh my memory on what the maximum sentence for the child endangerment charge she currently has against her is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff