Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #18 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if something happened in the car? I don't know...
Or again, if it was premeditated...

Going around in circles in my head. As usual.

(Eta: Song for you, Chi:

"Will it go round in circles, will it fly high like a bird up in the sky
Will it go round in circles, will it fly high like a bird up in the sky"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FAVKG0I6XXA )

I love your personality!

I remember the the running comment seemed really off. Like, a child, adult, gender, what? I thought at the time that EG had told LE she had been running looking for him and they wanted to know if there were any witnesses to this as they didn't believe her. I also wondered if they wanted to know if they saw a child possibly running. I don't think LE actually thought either of these were true, but put it out there during their initial investigation. I don't think it's an issue anymore.

Yes I agree and this is what I thought/think as well, and is probably the most likely explanntion, imo...still odd though...

I know premeditated can be in a split second, but we are wondering if she planned this for a time, not that particular day. I go round and round about this this. So many variables. Was she doing meth? Was she bipolar? Was Lucas already dying and she couldn't get him medical help because she caused his injuries?

So, I might be having a brainfart here (highly likely) but wasn't it confirmed (VI maybe?) that Lucas' shoes were at the house? And if so, then whythe whole barefoot thing? Sorry if I got this wrong, half asleep. Or maybe this was an oversight on her part as far as a lie and not thinking to get rid of the shoes? I feel like I'm way over thinking things here.

Eta: maybe it was determined only later that the shoes were there.

Last night before I fell asleep my last thought was the cardboard boxes...

I am not sure how I would handle 911 call - If I was new to neighborhood, husband out of town and also have a 1 year old, and woke up and child was missing I would search the house look in backyard, and go to the one neighbor that Lucas had interacted with and then call 911 to get as many people as possible looking. I don't think I would run up and down the street looking for the child. Or I might panic and call as soon as I realized the child was not in the house might not even go to the neighbors.

In other cases I have seen so many comments about who waits an hour to call 911. I think she knew where Lucas was when she made the 911 call, but I don't find the timing of the 911 call a suspicious detail by itself.

And why did they say "running" specifically? How do they know he wouldn't have been walking necessarily (as in possibly lost, sleepwalking, wandering, etc.)?

(Iirc it was running, need to look at quote, sorry if I imagined this)

So, I might be having a brainfart here (highly likely) but wasn't it confirmed (VI maybe?) that Lucas' shoes were at the house? And if so, then whythe whole barefoot thing? Sorry if I got this wrong, half asleep. Or maybe this was an oversight on her part as far as a lie and not thinking to get rid of the shoes? I feel like I'm way over thinking things here.

Lucas’ father, who drove home after learning the boy was missing, said that all of his son’s belongings, including his shoes and jacket, were still in the home.
http://www.crimeonline.com/2018/02/23/new-tip-leads-to-heavy-police-presence-at-creek-area-close-to-home-where-missing-boy-lucas-hernandez-disappeared-from/

[FONT=&quot]He was last known to be wearing black sweats, white socks and a gray shirt with a bear on it. He's a Pre-K student at Beech Elementary School.[/FONT]
http://abc7chicago.com/records-missing-boys-dad-stepmom-had-violent-relationship/3131755/

There's a detail here, that is possibly being misreported. It might be a good idea to contact the newspapers involved if they got their facts wrong:

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article208704089.html

I'd presumed this was a typo and meant to be "step-mom". But now the local fox outlet (who appears to be regurgitating the Wichita Eagle article) has used the word "biological" mother.

http://fox4kc.com/2018/04/16/new-details-emerge-about-missing-5-year-old-kansas-boy/

Most likely this is a mistake because it has been clearly stated by both EG and JO in the original article JO had not seen Lucas since Dec. So how would she be the one reporting back to the school nurse about injuries incurred while in EG's custody on Jan 22? It doesn't make sense.

I've seen people bring this up elsewhere on SM. If this is an error, it needs to be corrected before more people make the wrong assumptions.

Could Lucas maybe have told her that ("monkey bars")?

Thanks and you know I'm grooving all night.
When you work suicide prevention you don't sleep much LOL.
It's chilling...it's my thing:)

Last thought as I drift....shoes...where were HER shoes? Maybe she had to toss them bc they had blood on them...

Last night before I fell asleep my last thought was the cardboard boxes...

My thinking was she found out he peeked when LL was there, and had a freak attack! She took another 24 hours to come down from her drugs while hiding him and the evidence.

I know premeditated can be in a split second, but we are wondering if she planned this for a time, not that particular day. I go round and round about this this. So many variables. Was she doing meth? Was she bipolar? Was Lucas already dying and she couldn't get him medical help because she caused his injuries?

For more than a year EG has allegedly been causing bruises to Lucas and got away with it. The school nurse has said that Lucas went to school with bruises, then he got a tummy bug and EG took Lucas to the nurse practitioner and the nurse saw the bruises (and said they were consistent with a fall). I might disagree with that conclusion, but it doesn't suggest EG is particularly scared of anyone, including nurses and doctors, seeing the bruises. I think EG feels she can offer an explanation (that she's made up) and get away with it just like she always has.

Psychosis doesn't, imho, fit with hiding the body and not talking.

VD suggests there might have been an element of pre-planning for the eventuality of needing an alternative explanation for something concerning Lucas' whereabouts.

The CINC paper says something about the LL seeing Lucas through the door on the Friday while EG and the baby were at OG. If Lucas was up and around the house (after EG claims she left him watching a movie in his room) then I doubt it was ongoing untreated peritonitis as I think that would most likely leave someone confined to bed.

There's a strain of flu that's been going around this year that leaves people ill for several weeks, or it seems to go and then it comes back for a second round so that in total they're ill for about three weeks (from what my friends have been telling me about their flu experiences this year). Lucas could have had that bug. But EG doesn't seem to have a major fear of doctors or nurses seeing him, and she's already taken him to the nurse once for a bug, why not this time? Why risk it getting so bad and then people asking questions, asking about her whereabouts and actions, learning about her drug use, etc? I think the lower-risk scenario for someone who's confident she can explain away bruises and injuries would be to take Lucas to the ER if he seems to be suffering unusually severely with an illness.

I also wonder did Lucas peek out a window, was there a window in the front door, or did he open front door

The day before Lucas was reported missing, a witness saw a young boy standing at the front door of the home. Glass later admitted to leaving the 5-year-old home alone that day while she went to eat at Olive Garden.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article208704089.html

One thing that has been nagging at me is her telling JH that she was going to go to the garage to “smoke a bowl”. In my wild days (which are far behind me) I acquired knowledge of multiple types of substances. 9 times out of 10....if someone said they were going to smoke a bowl, they were referring to meth.

Maybe things have changed in the past 10 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exactly! What do you want to bet her opening remark was something like....."I was sleeping and woke up......."
Instead of "OMG! Please hurry! I can't find my son! The back door is ajar! Hurry! Please! Right Now!"

Yeah like the 911 call for Caliyah where it was "So, we were sleeping and my older daughter was playing, I have two daughters, and she came over to wake us up and told us that Caliyah is gone".................................... Hm GET TO THE POINT!

Sorry I've been MIA for a bit... I'm quite sick. But I needed to check in for Lucas. PB has been keeping me up to date :heartbeat:

I have been sick too but I just keep checking in on our little one that I want found so badly. He has owned my heart since day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam