Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is still using the Stary firm. Sam Norton js a lawyer from that firm, so tax payers are paying for him to have a high profile lawyer which is a joke.

I know he is still using Stary et al.. But now, Stary has to hire a lot of contract legal aid reps to go thru all the paperwork at a nice handy sum per hour. In other words, Stary has to fork out what he has asked Legal Aid for. . plus his own fee... it's a matter of which particular cost swallows up the most. Stary wont go broke but his profit margin has decreased exponentially to almost a shadow of it's former glory , had Borce been as 'financially secure' as he made himself out to be.

it is almost possible, that at the end of the day, Borce gets found guilty, and his assets are seized by the crown, particularly if any of his assets trace back to Karen in any way shape or form, giving meaning to him profiting from her death. ..

In a perfect world, Sarah could then bring a civil suit against her father serving a life without parole sentence for any and all of those assets as his surviving child. Her and Ant could join in together in a no win , no fee suit and collect a motza.

Assuming of course that Borce has assets.. somehow, in among all that 'complexity' I suspect there is a papertrail of debt that leads like a flowing river into a delta of sand... it evaporates into nothing.

It is a joke ... but I recall in one of the cases we were following in the past (perhaps Simon Gittany) we discovered that it can hurt a trial's result if a defendant can't afford a good lawyer and a good one is not appointed for him in a murder trial.
Something about discrimination iirc.

Just adding to my quoted post ... this is a bit I found about Borce having Legal Aid, by neccessity ... even though we don't like paying for it.

"In 2013, a murder trial in the Supreme Court of Victoria was delayed because legal aid was unavailable.

It was found that although there is no absolute right to have publicly funded counsel, in most circumstances a judge should grant any request for an adjournment or stay when an accused is unrepresented."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_aid

Also, there is a set scale. Stary cannot just charge whatever he wants, if he has agreed to Legal Aid payments.

"The Commission's scales of fees payable for legally aided work are set out in the Cost Scales contained on this site. The sums expressed are GST exclusive.

Your certificate/tax invoice is checked by the assigning officer and, if correct, certified for payment. Practitioners are paid by electronic funds transfer to their firm account each month. If any part of your bill is disallowed, a brief explanation will accompany payment."

http://www.lsc.sa.gov.au/cb_pages/payment_for_law.php

Criminal Law cost scale ....
https://lsc.sa.gov.au/resources/Criminal_Law_Cost_Scale.pdf

Because this murder, and as a consequence of that murder, this trial , is all about the money. What amount, who owned what, who held on to what, who distributed it, who owed who, who wouldn't pay back what was owed, who had more, who had less, who felt entitled. All about the money, the money, and not a lot more. Not sex, not religion, ( unless that turns out to be some ditzy defence Borce suddenly pulls out of a hat ) but money.

And, my opinion, not large amounts , either. That is, nothing in the multiple millions. Just odd sums hither and yon. Bits and pieces, dollars and cents, nickels and dimes as our cousins would say. $100,000.00 here, $70,000.00 there. $ 1500.00 that sticks in someone's craw. Debt. Borrowings. Stupid failing quick money schemes. Lots of big talk and small sums. Gossip and rumour acted on as if it were financial advice from qualified , certified advisors.

In short, all the usual stuff. The absence of a sexual motive is uncommon, but not altogether rare. Money is a terrific aphrodisiac , the thought of it, the contemplation of it, the clear vision of it falling into one's own empty pocket, ... all very mesmerizing.

And an annoying wife, who knows a lot. And has inherited money which doesn't seem to be finding it's way into the pie the sky schemes of the head of the household.....

And while the State of Victoria doesn't need a motive to obtain a conviction, I believe the DPP will progress along that platform of the antics of Borce and money versus Karen's existence led inexorably to her murder. In other words, Borce had no way out, as he saw it that night. ..

How Sarah saw the whole experience is the fascinating part for me. How she saw it then, and how she sees it now, and by what margin of perspective has that changed, if it indeed has? .. I am curious. Is Borce still the angelic put upon Dad, hounded by the horrid Vic Police or is he a bit shadowy and scary now? .. time will tell.

The money problems will be the interesting motive but the work done by our brilliant Police Force will be riveting. IMO.

Police used listening devices and phone intercepts before charging Borce Ristevski

"One of the things that is going to take a lot of time is the CCTV footage," he said

"There's a particular witness who talks about tracking a particular vehicle, that's going to have to be gone through."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-...s-in-court-over-karen-ristevski-death/9670306

The witness tracking the Merc will be fantastic, was it via dashcam or only his her word. If it was a dashcam and he was where he said he wasn’t. Hallelujah!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"There's a particular witness who talks about tracking a particular vehicle, that's going to have to be gone through."

“Tracking” is a strange term and is not a term you’d use if you were “following” a vehicle and “that’s going to have to be gone through” just sounds like a dashcam to me.

It could be very clear vision of the number plate or blurred vision that they may be able to discredit.

Is that why the cops wanted to know if there were any of the same Mercs in the vicinity? A Merc of the same year model, but not a two door, has the very same front.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-...s-in-court-over-karen-ristevski-death/9670306

“Tracking” is a strange term and is not a term you’d use if you were “following” a vehicle and “that’s going to have to be gone through” just sounds like a dashcam to me.

It could be very clear vision of the number plate or blurred vision that they may be able to discredit.

Is that why the cops wanted to know if there were any of the same Mercs in the vicinity? A Merc of the same year model, but not a two door, has the very same front.

It could be a police witness, tgy. Who is talking about the tracking device and the car's movements. Before the tracking device "fell off".

"A police tracking device was removed or fell off Borce Ristevski's car in the months after his wife Karen disappeared, a source has claimed.

Detectives allegedly attached a tracking device to Mr Ristevski's car during the eight-month search for the missing Melbourne mother, The Age reported.

But it was either removed or fell off, the sources claimed."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ce-Karen-Ristevski-s-husband-Borce-s-car.html

This might have happened in prison. A wired cop planted in the same cell or he dropped his guard over the prison phone, even someone ‘close’ had a wire. BR was rat smart enough to remove the bugs from his vehicle but persistence paid off.

Either way IMO this was his downfall. They got him!

Police used listening devices and phone intercepts before charging Borce Ristevski with the murder of his wife Karen, a Melbourne court has been told.

'Police used listening devices and phone intercepts before charging Borce Ristevski with the murder of his wife Karen, a Melbourne court has been told.'

It is reasonable to assume that these phone intercepts and listening devices were recording conversations between Borce and A..N. Other,,,,,, I mean, . the police don't say they recorded Borce babbling and burbling to himself.

So, Who is Borce engaging in conversation of interest to the police with?...

well. ... You'd have to include Vlasko on this short list. Who else? .... Sarah, I presume... and? ..

Ant would be a surprise on that list, and Ant's mother even more of a surprise.. but anything , any damn thing at all is possible.

Who is paying the mortgage?

I understand the unit is in Karen's name , so I would expect her estate to be keeping the mortgage, rates, repairs, etc up to speed. Whoever is administering her estate would be responsible.

I understand the unit is in Karen's name , so I would expect her estate to be keeping the mortgage, rates, repairs, etc up to speed. Whoever is administering her estate would be responsible.

Yes, I agree. And it just points to the fact that there IS money in Karen's estate to cover such things.

I wonder if the estate has been covering the house bills since Karen's disappearance? Even though Borce and Sarah were still living there for much of the time.

Maybe that is why they had to move out eventually ... because the estate would no longer give them a free ride. The estate wanted income covering the expenses, not a constant draining of the estate. Especially with Borce being a POI.

Makes me wonder if Karen's family are working on this stuff, behind the scenes. In much the same way as Allison Baden Clay's dad did - as much as he could.

https://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/find-legal-answers/wills-and-estates/administration-of-estate

Yes, I agree. And it just points to the fact that there IS money in Karen's estate to cover such things.

I wonder if the estate has been covering the house bills since Karen's disappearance? Even though Borce and Sarah were still living there for much of the time.

Maybe that is why they had to move out eventually ... because the estate would no longer give them a free ride. The estate wanted income covering the expenses, not a constant draining of the estate. Especially with Borce being a POI.

Makes me wonder if Karen's family are working on this stuff, behind the scenes. In much the same way as Allison Baden Clay's dad did - as much as he could.

https://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/find-legal-answers/wills-and-estates/administration-of-estate

Borce and Sarah would have had to pay full tote odds rent , commercial value to Karen's estate from the moment she was designated as murdered, and most likely , back dated to the day of her disappearance. ,,

Or Borce had to pay and then charge S rent. It drove him out on the roads as a flagwaver, in the high summer heat. ......
It may have been difficult for the both of them to come up with the money every week, which is why , obviously, both of them left the place eventually.

Crime doesn't always pay the way one expects......

RSBM

Like Allison, I’ll bet Karen had death Insurance (the motive) and, like GBC, would BR have been manipulating assets after Karen’s death.

I’ll bet the farm Aunt Pat and others are keeping a watchful eye for Karen, again like Allison’s family had to fight tooth and claw against their evil greedy son-in-law even from behind bars.

What grubs these types are.

Oh dear the last sentence is profound.
Sarah could have received $millions.

What is Life Insurance?

Life Insurance provides for your loved ones in the event of your death, or if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness.

Life Insurance provides your loved ones with a lump sum payment that can help ensure their financial security.

It can allow your family to keep their home, provide for your children's education, and allow your partner to continue living the life you had planned together. (Oops) :jail:

The money problems will be the interesting motive but the work done by our brilliant Police Force will be riveting. IMO.

Police used listening devices and phone intercepts before charging Borce Ristevski

"One of the things that is going to take a lot of time is the CCTV footage," he said

The witness tracking the Merc will be fantastic, was it via dashcam or only his her word. If it was a dashcam and he was where he said he wasn’t. Hallelujah!

Hmm, the motive.

The magistrate said several witnesses would speak about the case’s “background and history”. Such evidence may be used in relation to motive, the court heard.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...d/news-story/57b493b80f088e06df9bda36362450f5
Police have Borce Ristevski on tape, court told

The R's home has been up for rent since October with no takers.
Lowered from 900 to 700 per week.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/39937256/tax-payers-to-fund-borce-ristevski-s-legal-defence/

Vacant since October ...ouch!!

Who is mowing the lawn? :D

In Melbourne, many homes left 'unoccupied' for more than 6 months, incur a fine.
This applies to numerous inner Melbourne Suburbs: does it/will it apply here?
Landowners have been sent notices, several times, so they are aware.
??? due to 'housing shortage, ??? foreign investments leaving homes vacant.

If this applies here, the rent will drastically be reduced again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288