Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember his ex-wife said she didn’t know about his extensive, and often violent, criminal history. I guess she wasn’t on the scene when/if he was serving time in prison. If so, I wonder how long they were married before he was arrested for CSA?

I think she knew about some of it. Perhaps only the more recent stuff, since she was around ... however long that was. Or perhaps only the stuff he went to prison for (if that was the result of some of his crimes).

BBM:
'To discover that a lot of this was unbeknownst to me and his family was a shock to say the least,' the statement read, The Daily Telegraph reported.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-disappearance-toddler-William-Tyrrell.html

I think she knew about some of it. Perhaps only the more recent stuff, since she was around ... however long that was. Or perhaps only the stuff he went to prison for (if that was the result of some of his crimes).

BBM:
'To discover that a lot of this was unbeknownst to me and his family was a shock to say the least,' the statement read, The Daily Telegraph reported.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-disappearance-toddler-William-Tyrrell.html

And his ‘family’ — extended family included? Gee, he really must’ve flown under the radar.

BBM:

Just bringing over this post from thread 22 post on page 43.

AJ where did he commit those 90 crimes and where was he between 1983 and 1987?

11 Feb 1983 - Escaped lawful custody (Sydney)
Gap - wouldn't you know it until
12 Feb 1987 - Malicious injury (Wellington)
Then some pretty consistent law breaking around the state until

6 April 2004 - Assault occasioning actually bodily harm (Dubbo)

14 October 2004 - "We've been thinking of moving from Wellington " Mrs Jones said.

http://www.dailyliberal.com.au/story...eping-dog-lie/

Then nothing until 8 May 2015 - Breaching AVO (Port Macquarie) Though, he was already in prison at this time.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...12dfae3b6ca450

Assuming the dates are the conviction dates. Charged at Dubbo April 2004. Burying the family pet in his wife's parent plot and thinking about moving from Wellington by 14 October 2004.

What was the breach of AVO that was in court on the 8 May 2015? Did that event occur before William disappeared or after?

Did we ever learn what PB breach was for?

If Spedding is found to have had nothing to do with William he would certainly have a huge amount of compensation due and rightly so. It seems like he must still be very much in the picture though at this stage . There must be a reason he has not been ruled out. If he had I’m sure he would sing it from the hilltops.

In so many cases of suspected paedophiles being put on trial or even being convicted after trial their names are often withheld. Maybe this is why spedding is taking certain media outlets to court .

In so many cases of suspected paedophiles being put on trial or even being convicted after trial their names are often withheld. Maybe this is why spedding is taking certain media outlets to court .

In that case, I wonder if AJ and PB will follow ‘suit’ :D

Excuse the bad pun — blame it on my Dad. God rest his soul.

If Spedding is found to have had nothing to do with William he would certainly have a huge amount of compensation due and rightly so. It seems like he must still be very much in the picture though at this stage . There must be a reason he has not been ruled out. If he had I’m sure he would sing it from the hilltops.

He’d be after an ex gratia payment from the NSW State Government at the very least, I suppose.

You’d think so bb — on both counts — still, I presume, being designated as a POI and widely publicising that he’d been eliminated from the investigation into William’s disappearance.

In that case, I wonder if AJ and PB will be follow ‘suit’ :D

Excuse the bad pun — blame it on my Dad. God rest his soul.

Possibly but they actually are convicted paedophiles. Where I guess at this stage BS is not (yet)

Possibly but they actually are convicted paedophiles. Where I guess at this stage BS is not (yet)

I meant solely as a result of being named in MSM irt William’s disappearance. Guess the legal eagles would know more about that than me. I’d suppose the decision to suppress the names of those accused and convicted of CSA is up to a magistrate.

I am not sure that I am following your train of thought. Why would he have a huge amount of compensation due? And from who?

As far as I can tell, no-one has told any untruths about him. He is one of several POIs for a reason that the police would be able to show, no doubt. The media have produced balanced articles, according to the Press Council ... and likely according to their own legal departments ... which is their requirement.

I think of all the murdered/raped/assaulted/abused victims that have their names and reputations dragged through the mud when a defendant is trying to prove their own innocence ... by discrediting the victim as much as humanly possible This gets publicly reported on, too. Nothing ever happens, that I know of. No lawsuits, no compensation, for the victims or their families.

It’s all well and good discussing the POIs in William’s case but I just wish we weren’t and William was at home with his loved ones. I have a habit of scanning the headlines each morning, hoping William been found, or at least that his loved ones have word of him. That he is, as his FM said, safe and warm and loved. If that’s the case, I don’t understand why the person that has him doesn’t at least send an anonymous note to investigators so they can let his loved ones know. The ‘not knowing’ what has become of William must be unbearable for them at times, if not constantly. It’s such a cruel thing to put William’s loved ones through day after day; especially for his sister and brothers.

Even victims of crime, in NSW, do not receive a lot of compensation.

If Spedding got any compensation at all - which I can't believe he would, as reporting has been done on factual things that have happened, or police reports from historical crimes - it would only be equal to the amount of business he has 'lost', according to his reported income amount on his previous tax return, I would think.

VICTIMS OF CRIME - How much will I get?

The total amount is based on the nature of the offence

$15,000 (Financially dependent family of homicide victim.)
$7500 ( Non-financially dependent parents of homicide victim)

$10,000
Sexual assault involving serious bodily injury, multiple offenders or use of an offensive weapon.
Pattern of sexual or indecent assault / attempted sexual assault involving violence

$5000
Sexual assault
Attempted sexual assault involving serious bodily injury
grievous bodily harm
Pattern of physical assault of a child

$1500
Indecent assault
Attempted sexual assault involving violence
Robbery
Assault

http://www.victimsservices.justice...._financial_support/vs_recognitionpayment.aspx

I am not sure that I am following your train of thought. Why would he have a huge amount of compensation due? And from who?

As far as I can tell, no-one has told any untruths about him. He is one of several POIs for a reason that the police would be able to show, no doubt. The media have produced balanced articles, according to the Press Council ... and likely according to their own legal departments ... which is their requirement.

I think of all the murdered/raped/assaulted/abused victims that have their names and reputations dragged through the mud when a defendant is trying to prove their own innocence ... by discrediting the victim as much as humanly possible This gets publicly reported on, too. Nothing ever happens, that I know of. No lawsuits, no compensation, for the victims or their families.
Sorry SA , I should have made it clearer, I don’t believe for a second he is innocent . I was just saying that if he was proved to be not involved at all the he would have maybe grounds to sue or whatever on his name being dragged through all of this. I don’t think we will see this as I IMO he is involved directly .

Sorry SA , I should have made it clearer, I don’t believe for a second he is innocent . I was just saying that if he was proved to be not involved at all the he would have maybe grounds to sue or whatever on his name being dragged through all of this. I don’t think we will see this as I IMO he is involved directly .

No worries. I got what you meant. :)

I just dont see him getting any compensation ... involved or otherwise. Mostly because all reporting on him has been factual, as far as I can tell.

No-one defaming him. Searches were carried out, evidence was taken, missed phone calls were reported, actual phone calls were reported, blocked pipe was reported, search near his home in the bush was reported, him driving by the search site was reported. No untruths there.

The foster parents didn't mention his name during their interviews. The police have stated he is only one of the POIs - there were 'hundreds' - and that he was only one of the things they were looking at. They were 'open' to other scenarios.

The media didn't only report on him, they reported on everything, and still do. They have reported on every POI. They have reported things about Karlie, about Brendan, about Natalie .... about everyone.

As well, the police must have had good legal cause to obtain the search warrants they needed.

I just can't see any grounds for compensation.

No worries. I got what you meant. :)

I just dont see him getting any compensation ... involved or otherwise. Mostly because all reporting on him has been factual, as far as I can tell.

No-one defaming him. Searches were carried out, evidence was taken, missed phone calls were reported, actual phone calls were reported, blocked pipe was reported, search near his home in the bush was reported, him driving by the search site was reported. No untruths there.

The foster parents didn't mention his name during their interviews. The police have stated he is only one of the POIs - there were 'hundreds' - and that he was only one of the things they were looking at. They were 'open' to other scenarios.

The media didn't only report on him, they reported on everything, and still do. They have reported on every POI. They have reported things about Karlie, about Brendan, about Natalie .... about everyone.

As well, the police must have had good legal cause to obtain the search warrants they needed.

I just can't see any grounds for compensation.

I’ve lost my like button but yes to everything you just said. I don’t think Jubes and team would pot themselves in a situation without Damn good evidence.

If Spedding got any compensation at all - which I can't believe he would, as reporting has been done on factual things that have happened, or police reports from historical crimes - it would only be equal to the amount of business he has 'lost', according to his reported income amount on his previous tax return, I would think.

Spedding would be the unluckiest guy on the planet if he’s innocent.

(Psst I don’t believe in such bazaar coincidences).
Oh look is that a duck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It will be interesting to find out just what BS’ NSW Supreme Court application is all about then. It’s one thing to lodge a complaint with an industry body, ie; the Press Council, and quite another to bring an action in a court of law.

I agree with what you say irt VoCs and the paltry amounts offered as compensation. We can thank one of our past NSW State governments for the reductions of the amounts paid. The limits were slashed years ago, possibly because they were a drain on the state’s coffers IIRC. Even so, many VoCs haven’t been able to apply for compensation; particularly women and children who experienced domestic and sexual violence if charges weren’t brought against the perpetrators.

Spedding would be the unluckiest guy on the planet if he’s innocent.

(Psst I don’t believe in such bazaar coincidences).
Oh look is that a duck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See, that’s the thing tgy. Everyone including, as Wexford says, ‘the-unluckiest-washing-machine-repairman-in-the-world’, is innocent of any involvement in William’s disappearance until charges are laid and trial is held. That day can’t come soon enough for me because ‘someone knows something’ and William and his loved ones need justice to be meted out for this terrible crime.

I can’t believe the bizarre coincidences in this case either. The early progress of William’s investigation, as seen through the lens of some MSM outlets and by the eyes of the public, has read more like a crime fiction novel in some instances rather than any true crime accounts I’ve ever read (and, believe me, I’ve read a few in my time).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88