Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article states that Emily is not only a POI in Lucas case but also a witness? What does that mean? Does that insinuate that someone else hurt him?

Lucas' stepmom is a person of interest and a witness in his disappearance, DA says

Emily Glass received a "not guilty" verdict from jurors in a case alleging she endangered her 1-year-old daughter by driving to a Wichita restaurant for dinner while she was high on marijuana. But she remains part of the focus of a mystery that's plagued the city for the past three months:

Where is her 5-year-old stepson, Lucas Hernandez?

She is a person of interest in his disappearance, Sedgwick County District Attorney Marc Bennett said Wednesday, speaking outside of his office at the downtown courthouse where Glass' trial was held just moments after jurors voted to acquit her of one count of child endangerment.

They deliberated for less than an hour before delivering the verdict.

Glass also is a witness, Bennett said Wednesday, to whatever happened to the Beech Elementary pre-kindergartner after he was last seen in February.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article211291614.html

POI AND “witness”! I don’t believe I’ve ever heard that combination used on one person.
Lots to digest and pick apart.

Regarding Glass' acquittal today my poor brain is split down the middle. On the one hand I can somewhat understand the logic; there was evidence from her confession and the witness statement but there was no physical evidence like a blood test, she was not stopped for a DUI and she arrived home safely with the baby. From that I can see how the jury would be challenged to find her guilty of endangering her daughter.

Plus, these days with so many states legalizing marijuana more peole are taking a "soft" stance on someone using it. To be clear I'm not saying it's right to drive after smoking, let alone after smoking three bowls but it's possible the jurors looked at it the same way they might have if Glass had said she had a couple of beers or a glass of wine. I don't know, just thinking out loud.

However, on the other hand it was surprising that Glass' attorney made such a point about there being no evidence of her smoking marijuana - no grass or pipes found in the house, no blood test. I took it as her saying it was only Glass' word that she had gotten high, which if you think about it, in an odd kind of way she was calling Glass a liar. How else could her statements be taken?

Anyway, there are other possible charges awaiting Glass, like the original charge that included endangering Lucas and we might see more on custody issues with her bio boys. I do think the DA has to tread carefully though so it doesn't look like the office is harassing her. I'm not 100% clear on double jeopardy but if there's a chance that could come into play I'd rather see Glass walk if that avoids issues down the road.

These is all my own thoughts and speculation. What I wish for most right now if for Glass to officially be named a suspect/POI. IMO she's feeling confident that she's gonna escape the consequences of her hair-trigger outbursts.

It'll be interesting to see if she's able to rein in that temper now that the spotlight is on her... MOO.

This is kind of what happened that made the jury choose a lighter sentence on my ex husband for sexually assaulting our daughter. So many jurors watch CSI shows where there is all this physical evidence and DNA etc that they think if there isn’t physical evidence like that, then they can’t consider non-physical evidence (which is still evidence). It’s very unfortunate because with all of this many will vote to acquit on those facts alone :-( which is also a good reason they are holding back on charges to the disappearance and assumed murder of Lucas. They are likely worried that she will get exonerated due to lack of body and weapon. They need SOME physical proof to avoid such a situation as we have double jeapordy here in US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This article states that Emily is not only a POI in Lucas case but also a witness? What does that mean? Does that insinuate that someone else hurt him?

Lucas' stepmom is a person of interest and a witness in his disappearance, DA says

Emily Glass received a "not guilty" verdict from jurors in a case alleging she endangered her 1-year-old daughter by driving to a Wichita restaurant for dinner while she was high on marijuana. But she remains part of the focus of a mystery that's plagued the city for the past three months:

Where is her 5-year-old stepson, Lucas Hernandez?

She is a person of interest in his disappearance, Sedgwick County District Attorney Marc Bennett said Wednesday, speaking outside of his office at the downtown courthouse where Glass' trial was held just moments after jurors voted to acquit her of one count of child endangerment.

They deliberated for less than an hour before delivering the verdict.

Glass also is a witness, Bennett said Wednesday, to whatever happened to the Beech Elementary pre-kindergartner after he was last seen in February.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article211291614.html

Boy oh boy. EG is a person of interest in Lucas's disappearance and also a witness to whatever happened to him. That pretty much says she knows all about it!

Reminder, do not delve deeper into KE's upcoming trial other than what our VIs and MSM have reported. If KE's charges have anything to do with Lucas' disappearance, we will find out soon. She's otherwise off-limits for sleuthing for now.

:tyou:

Boy oh boy. EG is a person of interest in Lucas's disappearance and also a witness to whatever happened to him. That pretty much says she knows all about it!

Yes! And that LE also knows all about it.

JH is set for May 23rd and is a trial before a judge, not a jury.
I'm not sure about KE's but for some reason I think it's on the same day.
Kristin and Jonathan's cases were both continued for May 23rd. I don't believe actual trial dates have been set, but if I'm wrong please correct me.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Reminder, do not delve deeper into KE's upcoming trial other than what our VIs and MSM have reported. If KE's charges have anything to do with Lucas' disappearance, we will find out soon. She's otherwise off-limits for sleuthing for now.

:tyou:

Are we allowed the theorize about KE possibly having involvement?

This is encouraging, thank you for posting it.
EG has been named a POI.

“She is a person of interest in his disappearance, Sedgwick County District Attorney Marc Bennett said Wednesday, speaking outside of his office at the downtown courthouse where Glass' trial was held just moments after jurors voted to acquit her of one count of child endangerment.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article211291614.html#storylink=cpy

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

What are they waiting for?

Maybe just the body. If I were EG, I would definitely go move it asap to somewhere more secure, since they're probably right on the cusp of finding it. Hopefully she doesn't think of that.

POI AND “witness”! I don’t believe I’ve ever heard that combination used on one person.
Lots to digest and pick apart.

That is definitely a head scratcher. Almost alluding to someone else harming him, she witnessed it, and helped with clean up and transporting his body somewhere out of the home.

I keep going back to the "did you see someone running barefoot" comment and the "Lucas did not walk out of the house on his own nor was he abducted" (paraphrased comments by me) comment, wondering if they are connected in the sense that someone ran out of the house barefoot carrying Lucas, perhaps they were frantic at that time, and placed him in another vehicle?

I'd also love to know if it was just her and her daughter at OG, or if someone else was with them? If so, could that person have come by after to hang out, when something happened? I don't expect an answer to this question right now, but I have always felt that someone else was involved in this, that EG didn't act alone.

JMO, MOO

If EG harmed Lucas then she witnessed it. If anyone else was involved then she's a witness to that too.
LE knows she knows exactly what happened to Lucas.

Are we allowed the theorize about KE possibly having involvement?

I don't believe so at this time, because she hasn't been brought up on anything (that we know of officially) directly related to Lucas' disappearance. That's why these two postponements of her case are driving many of us crazy. However, it could be totally unrelated.

You can say you think she had help, just don't mention names or initials, and write JMO MOO afterwards.

Maybe just the body. If I were EG, I would definitely go move it asap to somewhere more secure, since they're probably right on the cusp of finding it. Hopefully she doesn't think of that.

:thinking:

I actually think it would be good for her to do. Think about it, sh is being watched and she would lead police directly to the body of little Lucas. Somewhere only the one who put him there would know. She may think to move him to a place she knows has already been searched so that it takes longer to find. If so, we will finally bring home this sweet baby boy, potentially have her with evidence on her hands literally. So it could be a good thing...

I actually think it would be good for her to do. Think about it, sh is being watched and she would lead police directly to the body of little Lucas. Somewhere only the one who put him there would know. She may think to move him to a place she knows has already been searched so that it takes longer to find. If so, we will finally bring home this sweet baby boy, potentially have her with evidence on her hands literally. So it could be a good thing...

I think she was being facetious

Was it mentioned in the original report when the time frame the comment: "did you see someone running barefoot” was referencing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa