Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell dead at 52 (wrongful death charges against Dr. Robert Koblin) 2017

I have stayed at that hotel many times. No way they broke down the door. False News lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have stayed at that hotel many times. No way they broke down the door. False News lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This incident has so many unanswered questions, inconsistencies and a confusing time line of events. One can't help but wonder what really happened here.

No foul play in Chris Cornell death, police insist

George Hunter, The Detroit News Published 8:31 p.m. ET July 21, 2017 | Updated 11:21 p.m. ET July 21, 2017

The Detroit homicide detective who investigated the death of Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell insisted Friday that there were no signs of foul play, despite questions from those who continue to doubt that the rock star killed himself.

The Wayne County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled the death a suicide...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...-death-police-investigator-insists/103906630/

Inevitably people will be doubtful much like the death of Kurt Cobain, Elliot Smith, etc. It's sad because we will always look for answers even when their might not be any to be had.

I wish we knew something but sadly we may never know why. I can't see any reason to think foul play here.

No foul play in Chris Cornell death, police insist

George Hunter, The Detroit News Published 8:31 p.m. ET July 21, 2017 | Updated 11:21 p.m. ET July 21, 2017

The Detroit homicide detective who investigated the death of Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell insisted Friday that there were no signs of foul play, despite questions from those who continue to doubt that the rock star killed himself.

The Wayne County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled the death a suicide...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...-death-police-investigator-insists/103906630/

I think some of the answers given don't really answer all the concerns.

That only prompted more questions — but Detroit Police investigator Charles Weaver told The Detroit News there are simple explanations for the perceived anomalies in the case.

(FAQ in death of Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell)

For instance, Weaver checked a box in his report stating Cornell’s cellphone wasn’t recovered, sparking widespread questions about what happened to it. Weaver said that only means the phone wasn’t taken into evidence.

“The phone wasn’t recovered; it was returned to Mrs. Cornell,” Weaver said.

Thanks for posting this news article, BetteDavisEyes. I need to read it thoroughly. The timing and some of the supposed facts haven't been easy for me to accept. However, this info might very well answer some of the questions.

Here's some of the FAQ section.
Here’s a look at some of the questions raised and how they’re answered by the Detroit police investigator on the case and a medical expert.

Q.: If there was no struggle, why was Cornell’s shirt torn, as stated in the reports?

A.: “It was torn by the medical people as they tried to save his life,” said Detroit Police investigator Charles Weaver, who investigated and compiled the report on Cornell’s death.

Q.: Why did the medic say there were “signs of strangulation” as heard on the police scanner?

A.: In medicine, the term strangulation isn’t referring to a homicidal act, said pathologist Cyril Wecht, former medical examiner of Allegheny County, Penn., and chairman of the American Board of Legal Medicine board of trustees.

It denotes a medical condition in which blood flow to part of the body is cut off, he said.

“You can strangle yourself,” he said. “When people hear ‘strangulation,’ they automatically think it’s a homicide, but that’s not necessarily the case.”

Q.: Why would Cornell ask to have his Apple TV fixed, as stated in police reports, if he was about to kill himself less than an hour later?

A.: “We never know what a person is thinking during a suicide,” Weaver said. “Unless there’s a note, sometimes there are no answers.”

Q.: Why swab the bodyguard’s hands for DNA? And was the DNA submitted to the Michigan State Police Laboratory for testing?

A.: Weaver said it’s standard to check witnesses for signs of struggle. “We do that as a precaution,” he said.

The sample was not submitted to a lab for analysis. Once the death was ruled a suicide, there was no reason to submit the DNA for testing to the state police crime lab, which has a backlog of samples awaiting analysis, Weaver said.

Q.: Why did Weaver list the 6-foot-2 Cornell as being 5-foot-10?

A.: “I don’t actually measure the bodies; that’s for the medical examiner to do,” Weaver said. “It’s just an estimate.”

Q.: Why was there so much blood splattered near the body?

A.: “In a hanging, the body continues to function, and the heart continues pumping blood,” Wecht said. “Blood vessels become engorged, and they burst. Some blood comes out from the airway, on up through the windpipe, into the mouth, and blood can come out your nose.

Continued here:
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...2017/07/21/chris-cornell-death-faq/103906632/

I just wanted to offer my condolences in Chris' thread, too, as I already have in Chester's. Neither of their deaths feel quite real to me yet, it almost feels like a bad dream.

I wish you could have held on, somehow, Chris. I'm sorry that whatever you were dealing with was stronger than your will to stay. You will be sorely missed. May you rest peacefully...always. :cry:

Deeply missed & forever in my heart.

No one sings like you anymore.

It's been a year now since the world lost Chris. His wife was on Dr. Oz earlier this year. She seems genuine in her attempt to understand how and why this happened. I'm not sure there will ever be any answers that will bring closure though. Blame the ME? Not sure it is the medical examiner's job to explain why someone decided to take their own life or phrase their finding in a certain way so that it satisfies everyone.

Chris Cornell’s widow slams ‘botched investigation’ into Soundgarden singer’s death
https://pagesix.com/2018/05/15/chri...investigation-into-soundgarden-singers-death/

...“This has left me and my family still looking for answers, but at the same time, set off this whirlwind of conspiracies,”...

“We’re human beings,” she said. “This is real life. We’re not characters in some film. I lost my husband. My children lost their father. We’re in a lot of pain, and we have to deal with these people coming after us. If the autopsy report was thorough, I believe some of this could have been avoided.”

Something I brought up last year was the Prednisone. See my Posts # 401 402 405 above. I wish she mentioned why he'd be taking it.

Vicky Cornell said the medical examiner never tested her husband’s body for Prednisone, a steroid he was prescribed. A bottle of the steroid was found in the singer’s hotel room where he was found dead.

It's been a year now since the world lost Chris. His wife was on Dr. Oz earlier this year. She seems genuine in her attempt to understand how and why this happened. I'm not sure there will ever be any answers that will bring closure though. Blame the ME? Not sure it is the medical examiner's job to explain why someone decided to take their own life or phrase their finding in a certain way so that it satisfies everyone.

Chris Cornell’s widow slams ‘botched investigation’ into Soundgarden singer’s death
https://pagesix.com/2018/05/15/chri...investigation-into-soundgarden-singers-death/

Something I brought up last year was the Prednisone. See my Posts # 401 402 405 above. I wish she mentioned why he'd be taking it.

If he wasn't depressed I can see why she doesn't accept suicide either. I wouldn't either.

Even if Chris Cornell relapsed into opioid usage which a friend allegedly told Vicky happened weeks before his death, according to the Page Six article, how would that translate into hanging himself in the bathroom of his hotel after a concert? That hanging was either premeditated by Chris or staged by a murderer.

It still shocks and confounds me.

I don't want to watch this again, but others might want to watch it. I remember she said something about a fan having to point out that bald spot on a video from the concert. I remember we were on that right away. She saw him that weekend, but didn't notice it? His band members didn't share much as far as I know and I wish they'd talk.

Vicky Cornell Speaks Out About Husband’s Suicide
Originally aired on 4/12/2018
https://www.doctoroz.com/episode/co...ed-haircut-ending-dead?video_id=5769084253001

It’s not uncommon for people who kill themselves to have families who don’t accept it or didn’t see it coming.

The ones who are successful play along and don’t let people know they want out.

Not everything is a conspiracy. Some people have had enough of life and want to move on.

Even if Chris Cornell relapsed into opioid usage which a friend allegedly told Vicky happened weeks before his death, according to the Page Six article, how would that translate into hanging himself in the bathroom of his hotel after a concert? That hanging was either premeditated by Chris or staged by a murderer.

I read recently that most people who try to kill themselves thought about it for 15 minutes or less before doing it.

You will be forever missed !!!! Chris Cornell going off the chain :rocker: Cochise

[video=youtube;KDMvN45sjo4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDMvN45sjo4[/video]

I read somewhere that his wife mentioned Chris was remotely messing with the lights in their house from his phone. The phone wasn't recovered from the scene. I wonder if it was Chris or if it was a sign, (from bodyguard?) that she should call the hotel and the bodyguard and have him "find" Chris. What's to say the bodyguard didn't kill him a half hour earlier when he was fixing the computer? Maybe a time of death is an approximation and 30min wouldn't make a difference.

Below is case information from the Los Angeles Superior Court.

Future Hearings:

04/16/2020 at 10:00 AM in Department 5 at 312 North Spring Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Final Status Conference

04/30/2020 at 08:30 AM in Department 5 at 312 North Spring Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Non-Jury Trial

10/28/2021 at 08:30 AM in Department 5 at 312 North Spring Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Order to Show Cause Re: Dismissal

Documents Filed (Filing dates listed in descending order):

11/01/2018 Notice of Case Assignment – Unlimited Civil Case
Filed by Clerk

11/01/2018 Civil Case Cover Sheet
Filed by Vicky Cornell (Plaintiff); Toni Cornell (Plaintiff); Christopher Nicholas Cornell (Plaintiff)

11/01/2018 Complaint
Filed by Vicky Cornell (Plaintiff); Toni Cornell (Plaintiff); Christopher Nicholas Cornell (Plaintiff)

Chris Cornell Wrongful Death Trial Dates Revealed

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back