Polish tourist, Magdalena Zuk, 27, mysterious "suicide" in Egypt, 2017

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-39886642
[h=1]Polish tourist's death in Egypt 'may be linked to trafficking'[/h]
Officials in Poland say a Polish tourist who died in an Egyptian resort last month may have been a victim of human trafficking and organised crime.

The Polish tourist, named in media reports as Magdalena Zuk, travelled alone to the Red Sea resort of Marsa Alam at the end of April.
Days later, she plunged to her death from a hospital window.
Local media report that the young woman arrived in the resort, some 750km (450 miles) south of Cairo, on 25 April, and was planning to spend a week there.

But for reasons unknown her plans changed, and she tried to fly home from the local airport, but was not allowed on the plane because she was acting strangely.

She was taken to hospital, from where CCTV footage has emerged apparently showing her acting erratically and being restrained by two men.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...urder-red-sea-resort-marsa-alam-a7742446.html
Polish authorities are investigating whether a young woman was caught up in trafficking or sexual exploitation on a trip to Egypt before she died in mysterious circumstances.

Magdalena Zuk, 27, died in the Red Sea resort of Marsa Alam after falling from the first or second storey of a hospital. Ewa Weglarowicz-Makowska, the lead Polish investigator, has now said she is pursuing suspicions of murder.

Ms Zuk flew to the resort on 25 April and died five days later. She had planned to go with her boyfriend but, in the event, he did not accompany her. The pair kept in touch by phone.

Two days into the trip he became worried by her behaviour and Polish diplomats in Cairo agreed to help schedule her early return home. But due to her “worsening health condition” she was taken to hospital in Hurghada, some three hours north of Marsa Alam, accompanied by a friend and a tour guide.
On the other hand..
https://www.independent.co.uk/News/...ape-far-right-marsa-alam-polish-a7748971.html
[h=1]Fake news, conspiracies, and the mysterious death of Magdalena Zuk[/h] Sexual conspiracy theories and fake news have spread like wildfire in the case of Magdalena Zuk, a Polish woman who died on holiday in Egypt last month. Despite two autopsies confirming there was no foul play, the ridiculously far-fetched coverage – including an ‘investigation’ by a fake TV detective – shows no signs of abating. It is a parable for our times that could prove devastating to Egyptian tourism, not to mention Zuk’s loved ones. Edmund Bower reports

On 29 April, Magdalena Zuk, a 27-year-old beautician from a small town in south-west Poland, jumped to her death in the Egyptian beach resort town of Marsa Alam. She died just three days into a week-long package holiday, in circumstances that have aroused suspicion in her home country. Within days, her name was at the centre of one of the biggest stories of its kind to hit Poland in years, with her death linked to a range of allegations running the gamut from murder to sex trafficking.

Three weeks later and it’s still big news, with a controversial reality-TV detective leading a made-for-TV witch-hunt into the incident. Public outrage has forced the authorities to take action, with an official inquiry into the allegations straining relations between Egypt and Poland.
But in Poland the rumours continue. Many of them centre around a 13-minute video of Zuk’s last conversation with her boyfriend, who is known in the Polish press only as Marcus W. Filmed from a separate phone, it shows Marcus’s half of a Facetime call made just hours before she fell from the window. She appears distressed, babbling incoherently, and begging Marcus to come and get her. When he asks what happened, she answers cryptically with the letter “M”. The video ends when her tour guide, Mahmoud Khairy, takes the phone and tells Marcus in Polish “this is a waste of time”, and arranges for Zuk to call him later before ending the call.

The letter "M" thing and then the odd way to end a call "This is a waste of time" bu Mahmoud is odd. Well, the whole thing is odd. What would cause someone who showed no signs of this at home to behave so erratically almost immediately after arriving. Same questions stand with Lars Mittank.

BrainScratch: What Happened to Magdalena Zuk?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBv6Kott8i0
Video Sources: Footage of Magda on the hotel floor:
https://youtu.be/upMSgP2UWmg?t=28s Magda's first visit to the hospital: https://youtu.be/zkAeRfTYE-s?t=8m26s Magda video calls Markus: https://youtu.be/8hNQbWwNkAU Magda's second visit (and fight) at the hospital: https://youtu.be/zmgz6P_PulY?t=21s The room she was in, and the window she fell from: https://youtu.be/F-X_XST4ryk?t=27s ___

The letter "M" thing and then the odd way to end a call "This is a waste of time" bu Mahmoud is odd. Well, the whole thing is odd. What would cause someone who showed no signs of this at home to behave so erratically almost immediately after arriving. Same questions stand with Lars Mittank.

I am finding 'human trafficking' the go to phrase of the moment, any time a person/child goes missing it comes up.

If her boyfriend was originally going to Egypt with her and it was simply for a holiday rather than a modeling contract or similar, then I wonder why the boyfriend didn't end up going? For trafficking I'd expect the traffickers to want the female to travel alone, not accompanied, yet it sounds more like the boyfriend pulled out? Relationship problems?

And would traffickers take her to a hospital and then murder her? Why not just dump her there and leave? Any accusations she made would be put down to mh issues, which it does sound like she was suffering from if she wasn't allowed on the place.

What if there were relationship issues, latent mh issues, and going away to a strange country alone just exacerbated everything and she couldn't cope. Being turned back from traveling home could have seemed a really big deal, maybe she got terrified she'd be locked away in an Egyptian mental institution?

I am finding 'human trafficking' the go to phrase of the moment, any time a person/child goes missing it comes up.

If her boyfriend was originally going to Egypt with her and it was simply for a holiday rather than a modeling contract or similar, then I wonder why the boyfriend didn't end up going? For trafficking I'd expect the traffickers to want the female to travel alone, not accompanied, yet it sounds more like the boyfriend pulled out? Relationship problems?

And would traffickers take her to a hospital and then murder her? Why not just dump her there and leave? Any accusations she made would be put down to mh issues, which it does sound like she was suffering from if she wasn't allowed on the place.

What if there were relationship issues, latent mh issues, and going away to a strange country alone just exacerbated everything and she couldn't cope. Being turned back from traveling home could have seemed a really big deal, maybe she got terrified she'd be locked away in an Egyptian mental institution?

Maybe that's because Human Trafficking is such a rife problem right now.

Also, I didn't mention HT in the post you quoted. I'm leaning more to MH with the possibility that it was exacerbated by drugs (not known to Magdalena).

You would be surprised by how many mispers experience some form of HT. When you see "found safe" or "recovered" or whatever after a misper is found. Don't assume all is well. A lot of the time, they have endured something like that but it does not get reported to protect the individual.

(Former victims advocate with a 501(c)(3) registered non-profit in the US).

I don't know if anyone else saw it but she obviously made a very obscene gesture with her hands when her boyfriend was asking her to tell him what is going on. It seems like he didn't notice and she says "I can't talk". I watched it again and again to be sure and I am very sure this is what happens. You can also see the look in her face of her yearning for him to understand.

That is the link. What I am talking about starts at 2:57

I am new to this site and I am nervous to say what that gesture implies because I don't know the rules completely yet.

I don't know if anyone else saw it but she obviously made a very obscene gesture with her hands when her boyfriend was asking her to tell him what is going on. It seems like he didn't notice and she says "I can't talk". I watched it again and again to be sure and I am very sure this is what happens. You can also see the look in her face of her yearning for him to understand.

That is the link. What I am talking about starts at 2:57

I am new to this site and I am nervous to say what that gesture implies because I don't know the rules completely yet.
Welcome to Ws rechka!
The gesture that you are referring to could suggest something sexual or she is just nervously gesturing with her hands.
MZ certainly seems upset and trying to communicate something...
imo,speculation.

Maybe that's because Human Trafficking is such a rife problem right now.

Also, I didn't mention HT in the post you quoted. I'm leaning more to MH with the possibility that it was exacerbated by drugs (not known to Magdalena).

You would be surprised by how many mispers experience some form of HT. When you see "found safe" or "recovered" or whatever after a misper is found. Don't assume all is well. A lot of the time, they have endured something like that but it does not get reported to protect the individual.

(Former victims advocate with a 501(c)(3) registered non-profit in the US).

I wasn't trying to say that ht doesn't exist, just that it feels like a phrase that's popped up out of nowhere, and it initially seemed to mean trafficking across borders, but now I feel like the term has replaced other formerly used terms in other situations, and I get a bit confused with it. Then there are situations where I think it's highly unlikely (like Lucas) and lots of people are using the phrase in cases like that, and I get a bit confused with how/why it's become a 'go to' term and I really want to know exactly what people are thinking of when they use the term, but it often seems to be used as a cover for the real meaning. I can deduce the meaning in a case with a 5-year old child, or at least what I think it means, though that's not the term I would use for it in that situation, but I struggle with deducing it in a case like this.

I think I was just jumping off your post, not replying to it per se.

Jumping again...looking at the video Magdalena just looks terrified. I'm not thinking trafficking so much as a really vile attack on her, and someone being afraid that if she was left alone/left the country that she might feel able to speak openly of what had happened to her. Maybe the plane incident could have been induced with drugs...she doesn't appear in the video to be anything other than scared out of her wits.

I don't know how I have ended up back on this thread again after so many months but, here I am. Watching the video of her Facetime again and I'm definitely convinced that something happened to this poor girl and something triggered a MH episode, whether it was the event that happened to her or drugs, or both. I feel so awful for her poor family. What a nightmare.

This is a petition asking for further investigation into Magdalena's death.
Enough lies about the death of Magdalena Zuk!
Enough lies about the death of Magdalena Żuk / Karolina Kaczorowska!
IMG_08092.JPG

Google Translate

This is a petition asking for further investigation into Magdalena's death.
Enough lies about the death of Magdalena Zuk!
Enough lies about the death of Magdalena Żuk / Karolina Kaczorowska!
IMG_08092.JPG

Google Translate

What a beautiful young woman.

I will be sure to sign the petition. This was no "standard" suicide. Someone knows more about her death... I'm sure that someone, probably multiple people, were relieved to have her gone. I so wish she had of gotten the chance to tell what had happened to her.

I'm gonna go ahead and join one of the groups on Facebook for Magdalena and see what is being discussed/done. My Polish is rusty, so, wish me luck!

Wowza. This story is so creepy. We traveled to Egypt this summer and I must say that even by the Red Sea/resort areas I’d not travel alone as a female. It’s largely safe and beautiful but I had several uncomfortable interactions and I was with my husband. So sad and unnerving.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back