The Doe Network: Part 1: Who is Princess Blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, looked at all girls, not just those from Texas. Including those listed as white/hispanic and black/hispanic.

How about white or Asian? Can you tell me where to look? Would you like me to help you search? If you can send a link, perhaps we can split the search work.

I guess none of the ones you have found so far are even remotely possible, huh?

Lion

I'm not sure if this is the correct Robert E. Lee High School in Houston (more than one REL? and the emblem is different than the one on the ring?), but here's a URL to a 1970 reunion site with access to apparent proactive members. http://www.releereunion.com/

Hope it helps and keep up the good work.

Mickie

Just a quickie before I go back and read through everything here. It looks like you all have come up with some great ideas.

Lion,

You said that the lady you emailed from classringfinders.com said that the school mascot for Robert E. Lee High school (Houston) was "Lancers". I thought the mascot for REL (Houston) was the "Saber" At least on the yearbook from 1975 Houston REL High it says "Saber" on it.

Also I found the following that shows the REL High School in VA uses the "Lancer's" as their mascot. I wonder if more than one high school used the same mascot?

Robert E. Lee High School (Fairfax County, Virginia)

Robert E. Lee High School (Lee High School) is a high school in the Fairfax County Public Schools system. Their mascot is the Lancer. The school is located in Springfield in unincorporated Fairfax County, Virginia. They are named after Robert E. Lee, the general of the Confederate troops in the American Civil War. Lee High School was named #507 on Newsweek's 2006 list of the 1,000 top schools.

Robert E. Lee High School

Established1958
School typepublic school
PrincipalDonald Thurston
Address6540 Franconia Road
Springfield, Virginia 22150
Enrollment2,000
Athletic ConferencePatriot District
Northern Region
Colors Blue, Gold
NicknameLancers
HomepageOfficial Site

I'm not sure if this is the correct Robert E. Lee High School in Houston (more than one REL? and the emblem is different than the one on the ring?), but here's a URL to a 1970 reunion site with access to apparent proactive members. http://www.releereunion.com/

Hope it helps and keep up the good work.

Mickie

Thank you Mickie mouse! Yes, it is the correct school, and there is a lot of good info on that site. And, welcome to WS:). I hope you enjoy being a member, as there are many good people here.

Lion

How about white or Asian? Can you tell me where to look? Would you like me to help you search? If you can send a link, perhaps we can split the search work.

I guess none of the ones you have found so far are even remotely possible, huh?

Lion

I looked through the NCMEC and NCMA. I went through the search engine and where it asks for race, I checked white/hispanic, black/hispanic, hispanic, bi-racial, and other. I did see a few who could be our girl, but only one mentions a ring and that was an amethyst one.

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/index.php
http://www.missingkids.com/

I have a question?? I wonder if it's possible for a forensic facial reconstruction to be done of Princess Blue's (Lion, you are right that she should have her own name)face? I know one of the articles stated that her skeleton is being held at the facility below.

The skeleton is now at the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Forth Worth. That facility operates the Texas Missing Persons DNA Database, which, in turn, feeds information about missing persons to the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS), operated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/index.php?showtopic=4541

~snip~
They called us, Our mother spoke to Misty, the officer said she looked to be about 5 monthes pregnant (but should have been about 9) they would ask if she wanted help, or just let her sober up and go...we don't know what she chose...
She's never been seen again.

~snip~
and a scar on the back of one knee apx.2"-3"X1/4".

~snip~

Thank you Sable, and you have really good thoughts on this. I like your zebra, too:).

Lion

Maybe the Saber is what they called the yearbook. My high school had a specific name for their yearbook. Maybe if someone contacted the yearbook publisher and told them that we are trying to find the owner of the ring, they might be so kind as to provide the master list of names from the graduating class. Just a thought. That way no one would have to purchase the yearbook.

Thank you for the welcome.

I agree that there are a lot of great people here.

Warm regards,

Mickie

Hi RKnowly. Perhaps they have held off(money) from doing a reconstruction be it with sculpting or 3D computer because they thought at least at one time that the rings, especially the REL ring would lead to her identity. Or, perhaps her facial bones were badly broken or too many of them were missing to do an accurate recon. Either way it is now going on 17 years. I will email the DET and ask if they plan on doing that. Perhaps he can send a link to us and the doenetwork or at least let us know it has been done so we can find it.

Jaded. You are correct. From the biblio.com site where the 1975 year book is for sale, "Saber 1975 Vol. 13 Robert E. Lee High School"
I will call her tomorrow(big staff meetings all day today), and ask her who the publisher was for that year.

Bedangit! We are doing some serious work and making progress it seems. You guys Rock! And, yes. Bedangit--it's a made up word.

Lion

I sent a message to the seller asking if he would be so kind as to provide us with the names of women who graduated in the Class of 1975 from the yearbook and linked him to this thread.

R Duffy Booksellers <office@duffybooks.com>

281-443-9006
OR 800-699-9213
Phone number if anyone wants to call. They are located in Houston.

Another great idea. I hope the seller will go the extra step and be willing to do that.

AlohaGal, I wonder about Misty for Princess Blue, the girl you posted about. I think it is a possible. I need to train right now; but, I am interested in Misty as a possibility. I'll be back later sleuthers.

Lion

I edited Wikipedia's page they have up on Robert E Lee High School (Houston) and added link to our discussion here on websleuths and a link to article about Princess Blue and how the HS ring is top clue to solving this case. I added it to the External Links section.

Here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_High_School_%28Houston%29

I don't know if they will allow the information to stay on the page or not but we will see.

This might be a stupid question. But who is Princess Blue? Is she this one?

This might be a stupid question. But who is Princess Blue? Is she this one?

Yes, she was given this name to identify her to us on this board. Some members felt it was appropriate to give her a name other than Princess Doe or Jane Doe. HTH.

Yes, she was given this name to identify her to us on this board. Some members felt it was appropriate to give her a name other than Princess Doe or Jane Doe. HTH.

Thanks then I think Misty is not her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member