Missing Georgia hiker--Meredith Emerson, 24 #4

I am very concerned and appalled by this. 3 sleeping bags, and 3 backpacks and the purse....which leads me to believe that was just some of what he was getting rid of..that he was possibly keeping a sleeping bag or 2, same with the backpacks for future trail excursions. Plus combine in what he may have previously dumped after each kill..it becomes mind boggling. He would not have thrown out everything he owned or every bit of evidence...he obviously didn't even know he was wanted at the time. He was just getting his van more inorder for returning to work.

Remember the posts about a guy who lived not far from an abandoned mountain cabin located not too far from where Meredith was found? I wonder how much stuff he may have left there too, for the next time? That is, if he is the person who was at that cabin.

I bet some of that evidence matches the Bryants belongings as well as Dunlops..oh how wicked this man was.......Just MHO.

I couldn't imagine the Bryants going hiking with sleeping bags and numerous backpacks. At their age, i guessed they were going for a day hike.
I wonder whose belongings Hilton threw out. Maybe there's DNA evidence on the sleeping bags so he had to rid of them.

This yet another video of the LE dashboard cam. However I think it is better quality and much clearer. Infact you can see a glare off of the huge glasses Hilton is wearing, whereas before you didn't notice the glasses as much. Also once you see him in those glasses he looks remarkably like the ATM photo in Dunlops case. I think he had the glasses on then and people referred to them as googles..they aren't they are huge glasses that seem to look like googles. Take a look..what do you think? Even the structure of his face is more apparent in these photos and even with the masked tape mask..the structure looks the same.
Also in this tape he does mention his dog..but I couldn't quite mak out what he said.
http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080109/VIDEO/80109054

thanks for the link....i agree; much better quality..

Thanks, I blew both links up and couldn't get anything beyond the glare on either pair. Definitely there, but not clear enough to see what type of goggles or glasses they are.

I am curious as to what those papers were that he was rattling around when the officer first arrived.

(snip)
And Gary Michael Hilton, the 61-year-old man accused of killing Buford hiker Meredith Emerson and a suspect in the beating deaths of two other females, generally did not like women, his onetime landlord said.
"He was a weird character," said Chris C. Johnson, who rented a room to Hilton for several months in 1995 in the Marietta area. "I remember him referring to women very negatively. He kind of had a real bad, negative attitude against everyone. He really didn't like anyone ... women specifically."

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/01/12/hilton_0113.html

Well Reannan you didn't know? He was conducting maneuvers! Those were his special high security clearance maneuver papers.. No really I believe it was a map of some sort...

I am curious as to what those papers were that he was rattling around when the officer first arrived.

Go back and read his scenario.

1. Male
2. Water
3. trash bags
4. Car back
5. No money involved.

Where does this coincide with Hilton and other cases?!

i watched Body of Evidence last night, & Dayle Hinman (well known criminal profiler in FL) said that serial killers have been known to change their MO, to throw off LE....i thought this was interesting, & really makes the whole serial killer thing even more scary..

"He used to carry a gun because, he said, there's "a lot of crazy things going on in the world."

Link:
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/01/12/hilton_0113.html

Is there anyway they can find out what type of gun it was? Levi Frady was shot.. maybe we can link him through more killings. He may have started off just shooting his victims.

Close Enough, you are right, their MO's evolve. Either as they get more secure in their killings, or to throw off LE.

"He used to carry a gun because, he said, there's "a lot of crazy things going on in the world."

Link:

Is there anyway they can find out what type of gun it was? Levi Frady was shot.. maybe we can link him through more killings. He may have started off just shooting his victims.

Close Enough, you are right, their MO's evolve. Either as they get more secure in their killings, or to throw off LE.

I don't think all states you have to register a firearm.
New you have to in Illinois, used no...

I doubt he would have a legal gun. It would come down to if any witnesses saw him flaunting a gun (showing off to "friends" etc) and they remembered the make of it.

I was thinking that Hilton was seen at the spot were Meredith and Ella were hiking again Weds morning. He had to have been keeping her somewhere during that time. He probably came back to try and find his baton and sunglasses he lost prior while abducting Meredith. He didn't know they had been turned in. During that time he had to have been keeping Meredith somewhere. I wonder if he has a few choice cabins he squats at while in different areas.
If he threw out trash bags, sleeping bags, backpacks, i'm sure he must have keep some kind of souvenirs. I wonder if he has a cabin somewhere that he's hoarding more souvenirs at. It would be stupid of him to carry all of them around with him. Maybe what he threw out was from his latest spree. There has to be more killings before that and he's probably got items from those hoarded somewhere as well.

I have followed the Meredith Emerson case locally but not here on WS. I do believe that Hilton has been killing for years.

Can someone tell me - has any information been released as to why he kept Meredith alive for 3 days? Was she sexually assaulted? If not for sexual reason - any other theories?

I have followed the Meredith Emerson case locally but not here on WS. I do believe that Hilton has been killing for years.

Can someone tell me - has any information been released as to why he kept Meredith alive for 3 days? Was she sexually assaulted? If not for sexual reason - any other theories?

Information regarding sexual assault has not been released yet.

My personal theory is that he kept his (recent) victims alive either long enough to ensure that the pin number they gave him was correct (since I believe he couldn't withdraw money from Meredith's account, my theory is that she was giving him the wrong number) or if the daily withdrawls were successful, the police would think the missing person was not really abducted and would not search for them. Because he couldn't access Meredith's account, this resulted in his urgently needing the money from his former girlfriend and/or Tabor.

My theory is that these recent abductions were for money, or at a minimum, he realized he could also profit from what he was already going to do.

I'll be intersted in knowing what the motive for keeping his victims alive for days. The below quote from AMW regarding Michael Scot Louis unhinges me. Where was he and who kept him alive for over a week?
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=51630

Who killed Michael and who mutilated his body? If he'd been missing since November 21, what transpired between then and December 6, when his remains were discovered?
Police say the time of death had been determined as 2-7 days before Michael's remains were found. That means there is a period of time where Michael may have been alive but unaccounted for. And investigators say his cell phone was active for some time after Michael was last seen. The mystery grew, and then another piece of the puzzle was discovered, adding more questions to the investigation.

I read about Michael's story last week...he looked like such a nice kind hearted guy...breaks my heart.

I'll be intersted in knowing what the motive for keeping his victims alive for days. The below quote from AMW regarding Michael Scot Louis unhinges me. Where was he and who kept him alive for over a week?
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=51630

Who killed Michael and who mutilated his body? If he'd been missing since November 21, what transpired between then and December 6, when his remains were discovered?
Police say the time of death had been determined as 2-7 days before Michael's remains were found. That means there is a period of time where Michael may have been alive but unaccounted for. And investigators say his cell phone was active for some time after Michael was last seen. The mystery grew, and then another piece of the puzzle was discovered, adding more questions to the investigation.

I think it is possible that he keeps them alive to torture them slowly to build to his killing them...like foreplay. The pin number could come into play there, but he must have another reason for it as well. If he is as prolific a killer as we are guessing he is already at this point, the actual crime of killing doesn't give him the same thrill as before so he has to up the ante.

Got a question. . . .

I know Hilton worked, but if this guy was a transient living that lifestyle, where did he get two vehicles? Anyone see anything where VIN numbers on the vans have been run?

Got a question. . . .

I know Hilton worked, but if this guy was a transient living that lifestyle, where did he get two vehicles? Anyone see anything where VIN numbers on the vans have been run?

Have no clue, but I would imagine they are older vehicles...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back