Did Darlie Routier murder her precious sons? Part 2

Did Darlie Routier Murder Her Precious Sons ?

• Total voters
I've always thought Darlie pulled a "Susan Smith". I think she and Darrin had a huge argument and she stewed over it awhile. Then she decided to kill herself and take the children with her. But when it came time, she chickened out at the last second. Ala, "Susan Smith" style.

You Know what.....I have read the transcript and all the bull...and I think that you all are in denial about her getting a fair trial...Because she did not...and Ithink that the Ramseys did the right thing in not trusting the SYSTEM and the Rolitiers should have done the same thing if would have only known that would be indited fro the CRIME.

you make too much out of the 911 call when she only metions ONCE that she touched the knife. The sofa should have evidence and not disguarded.
To me it was a lot of BULL and things NOT disclosed to the JURY that caused a jury to indite. I would have too if I DIDN"T have it all in front of me...Darin has more to do with this than she does....

Isn't it strange, how those of us on WS's, who have absolutely no doubt left as to Darlies innocence, have read the transcripts, without the theatrics, acting performances, speech inflexions etc...and we all think she is 'guilty'...I formed my opinion on facts, not theatrics.

I don't think that what you get from the Procecution is real but only what will help their case.

You Know what.....I have read the transcript and all the ...and I think that you all are in denial about her getting a fair trial...Because she did not...and Ithink that the Ramseys did the right thing in not trusting the SYSTEM and the Rolitiers should have done the same thing if would have only known that would be indited fro the CRIME.

you make too much out of the 911 call when she only metions ONCE that she touched the knife. The sofa should have evidence and not disguarded.
To me it was a lot of BULL *advertiser censored* and things NOT disclosed to the JURY that caused a jury to indite. I would have too if I DIDN"T have it all in front of me...Darin has more to do with this than she does....

That is the "problem" with the sofa, if the events happened the way Ms. Darlie has stated then the sofa SHOULD OF HAD EVIDENCE UPON IT. BUT it didn't. The only evidence they found on that sofa was a clean up of precious little Damon's handprint. Where was Darlie's blood. Are you going to try and tell me that the cops washed off her blood from that couch.

You Know what.....I have read the transcript and all the ...and I think that you all are in denial about her getting a fair trial...Because she did not...and Ithink that the Ramseys did the right thing in not trusting the SYSTEM and the Rolitiers should have done the same thing if would have only known that would be indited fro the CRIME.

To me it was a lot of BULL *advertiser censored* and things NOT disclosed to the JURY that caused a jury to indite. I would have too if I DIDN"T have it all in front of me...Darin has more to do with this than she does....

What do you make of her angry retort, on the 911 call, to Darin that "someone just came in here and did it Darin."

just curious.

Cami,

I think that she was in shock during the 911 call. So I would say shock and disbelief not angry retort.

<<and I think that you all are in denial about her getting a fair trial...Because she did not>>

And who's fault (if she didn't get a fair trial) do you think it is? From what I understand, she had one of the best defense lawyers in Texas. She was able to present her evidence and even took the stand in her own defense. Problem with that was that she couldn't keep her story straight and became angry. From what I understand, Mulder (Mad Dog is it?)begged her not take the stand.

What I know is that only innocent defendants will take the stand..for the most part....Those that are guilty will never take the stand...The thing I do not like about this case is that you have two people that trust the system undoubtedly and really they should have had a lawyer from the start...If they only knew what they were up against they would have.

Those that are guilty will never take the stand...
This is certainly not true. Justin Barber took the stand if I'm remembering correctly. So did the police officer that was just convicted of killing his pregnant girlfriend. So did another guy whose name I can't remember - a Mormon man that killed his entire family and dumped them in suitcases into a river. I'm sure that there are also many, many more.

Morning everyone!

If you stand back and look at simple facts:

1. Criminals, especially a muderer does not come unprepared. They come with their own weapons of choice. How would he have cut the screen to beging with??? Simple but true.

2. The blood evidence alone tells an extremely horrific story. Plain and simple.

3. I work in health care and do know that while bruising will not actually appear until 24-72 hours after the injury occurs markings will appear immediately.

I could go on and on but thought I would stick to a few of the simpler facts. No person would want to believe that a mother could commit such horrific acts against her own children. But they do every day. Look at Andrea Yates.

The only difference there is that Yates was/is an extremely mentally ill woman when she killed her children. It doesn't excuse her but IMO she should not get the DP and the docs treating her were as guilty as she was.However I also don't think she should ever be released.

<<and I think that you all are in denial about her getting a fair trial...Because she did not>>

I have to disagree. IMO Darlie got a fair trial. She was advised by her attorney not to take the stand and did so with his objections well known. Also Darlie knew full well that he'd represented Darrin. I haven't to date seen one viable shred of reasoning for a new trial or overturning said DP conviction.

It's a killer, that's for sure, but it can be done. I've read the transcript several times over, sometimes until 4 a.m., when I woke up with my head smashed into the monitor, drooling onto the keyboard. Went into work the next day half blind, lol!

But it's the only way to go. Reading bits and pieces of the transcript is like watching half a trial on Court TV. You watch the defense make a point and think, "Wow, that's very persuasive." Two hours later you catch the prosecution and think, "Wow, that's very persuasive, too." Then you change your mind again and again, depending on which side is up to bat.:banghead:

What is lost in that piecemeal process is the totality of the evidence and testimony of the witnesses. The totality is the whole ball of wax. It's the forest instead of the trees. It's weighing all the evidence the defense presented against all the evidence the prosecution presented, and coming to a common-sense conclusion.

That's my take on it, anyway. I would encourage anyone who cares about justice for Devon and Damon to read the trial transcript from beginning to end.

LOL I've done this also. And I must remark that I too was once a believer in her innocence!

Can you please tell me why darlie did not get a fair trial????!!!

Mentioning the knife one time is quite enough please! Every human knows you do not pick up the weapon and I don not care what the situation. What would even have her consider such a thing when her children are laying there slain gurgling to breathe and live. Come on now.

On the Jonbenet and the Ramsey's I agree but not here!

Morning everyone!

If you stand back and look at simple facts:

1. Criminals, especially a muderer does not come unprepared. They come with their own weapons of choice. How would he have cut the screen to beging with??? Simple but true.

2. The blood evidence alone tells an extremely horrific story. Plain and simple.

3. I work in health care and do know that while bruising will not actually appear until 24-72 hours after the injury occurs markings will appear immediately.

I could go on and on but thought I would stick to a few of the simpler facts. No person would want to believe that a mother could commit such horrific acts against her own children. But they do every day. Look at Andrea Yates.

The only difference there is that Yates was/is an extremely mentally ill woman when she killed her children. It doesn't excuse her but IMO she should not get the DP and the docs treating her were as guilty as she was.However I also don't think she should ever be released.

Yes, I also believe that Andrea Yates was and still is mentally ill.

Darlie - she is/was selfish, immature and def. didn't have any type of coping skills. I flip flop as to the WHY but I never waiver in regards to her guilt AND the shotty planning of the murders. Funny how now her fam wants to blame it all on Darin. Darin planned it, Darin hired someone, Darin did this and that. Bottom line, Darin was stunned and in complete shock when he came downstairs and found his children murdered. I believe this is why Darin didn't seem TOO concerned about Darlie dying at the time. I think they had a HUGE UGLY FIGHT prior to them going to "sleep" and when he came downstairs, he knew in his heart that she did this "intentionally". Of course IMO.

Yes, I also believe that Andrea Yates was and still is mentally ill.

Darlie - she is/was selfish, immature and def. didn't have any type of coping skills. I flip flop as to the WHY but I never waiver in regards to her guilt AND the shotty planning of the murders. Funny how now her fam wants to blame it all on Darin. Darin planned it, Darin hired someone, Darin did this and that. Bottom line, Darin was stunned and in complete shock when he came downstairs and found his children murdered. I believe this is why Darin didn't seem TOO concerned about Darlie dying at the time. I think they had a HUGE UGLY FIGHT prior to them going to "sleep" and when he came downstairs, he knew in his heart that she did this "intentionally". Of course IMO.

I agree with you 100&#37;. I also believe that Darin knows in his heart that she did this horrible crime. However IMO he stays neutral and supportive for the sake of Drake. I have seen some very intense interviews with Darin and it was and still is such a horrific shock to him.

I have listened to the 911 emergency call placed by Darlie too many times to count. You know what? No matter how many times I listen it remains oblvious to me that she did this horrible crime against her children, her babies! It's incredible how she just happens to be able pull herself together in a coherent manner and discuss the knife with the dispatcher. How they "maybe could have gotten a print!"

If you really listen and look at all of her testimony, statements, interviews etc. she never truly sheds a tear for those boys. Makes me sick.:mad:

I agree with you 100%. I also believe that Darin knows in his heart that she did this horrible crime. However IMO he stays neutral and supportive for the sake of Drake. I have seen some very intense interviews with Darin and it was and still is such a horrific shock to him.

I have listened to the 911 emergency call placed by Darlie too many times to count. You know what? No matter how many times I listen it remains oblvious to me that she did this horrible crime against her children, her babies! It's incredible how she just happens to be able pull herself together in a coherent manner and discuss the knife with the dispatcher and "maybe they could have gotten a print!"

If you really listen and look at all of her testimony, statements, interviews etc. she never truly sheds a tear for those boys. Makes me sick.:mad:

Oh I know, Darlie didn't shed any tears except when they arrested her. Then the water works started flowing. Funny how the only time she cried during the trial was when she was on the stand and became confused or defensive. Never once did she cry when they showed the pic's of her boys or even going into detail in regards to the crime. NOW IF I DID NOT MURDER MY KIDS, I could not sit there and relive every single detail of the worst night of my life without breaking down at least once. There are just so many other things they stamp her guilty.

Oh I know, Darlie didn't shed any tears except when they arrested her. Then the water works started flowing. Funny how the only time she cried during the trial was when she was on the stand and became confused or defensive. Never once did she cry when they showed the pic's of her boys or even going into detail in regards to the crime. NOW IF I DID NOT MURDER MY KIDS, I could not sit there and relive every single detail of the worst night of my life without breaking down at least once. There are just so many other things they stamp her guilty.

You were present in the room during police questioning, you were present at the funeral, you were present before and after the silly string event.
I quoted you because you said I know.
You don't know it is your opinion and it is called conjecture. That is why a citizen of the US is allowed to have their lawyer present during questioning by the police. Lesson learned from this ---If anyone ever is being questioned in a serious matter by police, sheriffs etc request to have a lawyer present.
Were police officers asked to testify about Darlie's behavior?
Yes.
When -during the trial.
We all have heard and even seen the silly string party.

Were the defense lawyers given the chance to rebut their testimony
No
The police officers took the 5th amendment and the tape showing Darlie crying before the party was not entered into evidence.

This alone screams a miscarriage of justice. Has anyone in any murder trial had the police take the 5th and in essence poison the minds of a jury. How could anyone ignore even if ordered by the judge to ignore it. The silly string party did her in. The jurors stated so after the trial.

That is the reason I want a new trial not because of my opinion of her guilt or innocence , but because those 2 beautiful boys deserve the best effort possible, by the investigators by the defense, by the prosecution. I don't think justice was served in an above reproach manner.

Damon and Devon deserve better. Tax paying citizens deserve better and in the interest of Justice we all deserve better.:sick:

You were present in the room during police questioning, you were present at the funeral, you were present before and after the silly string event.
I quoted you because you said I know.
You don't know it is your opinion and it is called conjecture. That is why a citizen of the US is allowed to have their lawyer present during questioning by the police. Lesson learned from this ---If anyone ever is being questioned in a serious matter by police, sheriffs etc request to have a lawyer present.
Were police officers asked to testify about Darlie's behavior?
Yes.
When -during the trial.
We all have heard and even seen the silly string party.

Were the defense lawyers given the chance to rebut their testimony
No
The police officers took the 5th amendment and the tape showing Darlie crying before the party was not entered into evidence.

This alone screams a miscarriage of justice. Has anyone in any murder trial had the police take the 5th and in essence poison the minds of a jury. How could anyone ignore even if ordered by the judge to ignore it. The silly string party did her in. The jurors stated so after the trial.

That is the reason I want a new trial not because of my opinion of her guilt or innocence , but because those 2 beautiful boys deserve the best effort possible, by the investigators by the defense, by the prosecution. I don't think justice was served in an above reproach manner.

Damon and Devon deserve better. Tax paying citizens deserve better and in the interest of Justice we all deserve better.:sick:

I rec'd my info from the same documents you did. IF you read the BOND Hearing which was held shortly after the murders the PO states on the stand that Darlie did not cry until after they arrested her. Do not take my one comment and extend far beyond what I was actually speaking of. NONE OF US WERE THERE. Yet we all sit here and talk about it. Everyone here including you know that it is OPINIONS. If you read my other posts you would see that remark. Don't attack people, we are all here for the same thing.... justice for Damon and Devon. Which still to this date has not occurred unless you count Darlie sitting on DR all these years as justice. OH of course this is all JMO.:rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back