Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #22

I think the evidence was planted to absolutely lead the ppl looking away from his home area, i think MJ was so dumb to think that by him finding it they wouldnt look his way, i think they were already looking his way.

Allen
right...it must have NEVER dawned on uncle mike that le would look into his past.

Just so you all know the planted evidence was not that close to MJs home, it is actually almost 9 miles from the Floating Bridge swimming area in Brookfield to MJs home. But it is 9 miles in the total opposite direction of the burial area.

Allen
now with the 9 mile distance in the opposite direction info... could there still be a possibility that others involved drove and dropped it there? ar did tell le that jv2 picked her up [car?] remember ar did get the semen from jv2 . we dont know as of today whether or not jv2 was aware of the facts but we have ar saying to le that the semen was jv2 and also that when mj called brooke to come upstairs, this is the last time that ar saw brooke because ar was picked up by her boyfriend jv2. so imo if ar told le the truth then the planted evidence could have been moved by someone other than mj. then of course this would make more sense to me personally... of course this is only my oppinion and i do not want to be the one that accuses but wouldnt this sort of tie things things together? getting someone elses semen in order to set someone else up? if ar really cared about her boyfriend[jv2] would she let him take the fall? or would she have told him what was going on when he picked her up.

...if ar really cared about her boyfriend[jv2] would she let him take the fall? or would she have told him what was going on when he picked her up.

Hi Marly,

This is an excellent question. Perhaps a partial answer is found in a statement made by AR as presented in the State of Vermont Affidavit: State of Vermont V. Michael Jacqures.

On June 29th, 4 days after Brooke was last seen by AR, she is interviewed by Det. Sgt. William Jenkins. This interview is where she tells Det. Jenkins about Breckenridge.

In paragraph 6 on page 2, "AR expressed for some reason she was not killed and did not know how she was alive."

If AR is truthful in this statement, then on June 25th she may well have been torn between caring for her boyfriend and her own survival. And survival is a pretty strong instinct.

-Catfish

Hi Marly,

This is an excellent question. Perhaps a partial answer is found in a statement made by AR as presented in the State of Vermont Affidavit: State of Vermont V. Michael Jacqures.

On June 29th, 4 days after Brooke was last seen by AR, she is interviewed by Det. Sgt. William Jenkins. This interview is where she tells Det. Jenkins about Breckenridge.

In paragraph 6 on page 2, "AR expressed for some reason she was not killed and did not know how she was alive."

If AR is truthful in this statement, then on June 25th she may well have been torn between caring for her boyfriend and her own survival. And survival is a pretty strong instinct.

-Catfish
hi catfish...yes i agree...just wish we had more information ..maybe this is why there is such a media blackout, if we had more information we would be able to connect all the dots and this would not bode well for le if they are in the gathering information process. the way word travels via internet and in a small town local area, the truth be told, it would have a profound effect on the precincts there.

I have thought all along that the evidence was not planted by MJ, and the leaving the baggy behind was a so called rookie mistake, im sure le new that evidence was planted as soon as they found that baggy. Im still not so sure where Brooke was after that first day I live within 15 miles and i cant believe that there would have been open casket if she was buried for a week, just my opinion, i personally think someone else did the dirty work, hmmmmmmm and i wonder where RG was when he first got to Vermont, they talked a lot on the phone about something and it had to be more than just getting rid of *advertiser censored*.

Allen

I have thought all along that the evidence was not planted by MJ, and the leaving the baggy behind was a so called rookie mistake, im sure le new that evidence was planted as soon as they found that baggy. Im still not so sure where Brooke was after that first day I live within 15 miles and i cant believe that there would have been open casket if she was buried for a week, just my opinion, i personally think someone else did the dirty work, hmmmmmmm and i wonder where RG was when he first got to Vermont, they talked a lot on the phone about something and it had to be more than just getting rid of *advertiser censored*.

Allen
you've really sparked my imagination now. i never considered rg but more than a bit player.

Sorry, I am behind now. Did the court dates take place on July 17th for MJ and RG? I can't find any threads on them if they did.

(MJ and RG) ...talked a lot on the phone about something and it had to be more than just getting rid of *advertiser censored*.
Allen

Hi Allen,

You pointed out that MJ and RG talked a lot on the phone and “it had to be more than just getting rid of *advertiser censored*.” I reread Raymond Gagnon’s affidavit and news releases about him. From what I read, those six phone calls must not have been about getting rid of *advertiser censored* at all!

Between 9:26 pm on June 25th. and 12:59 am the next morning, Raymond Gagnon received 6 phone calls from Michael Jacques. While we don’t know the subject of these calls, we do know that R.G. left Texas for Alabama on June 26, leaving his laptop computer and a safe behind in San Antonio, Texas. In other words, these 6 phone calls did not alarm RG enough to destroy his child *advertiser censored* before he left Texas.

On June 26, Gagnon flies to Alabama and enters his former residence in Cullman. From there, he flies to Vermont. Investigators later went to the home and said they found child *advertiser censored* stored on two computers belonging to Gagnon. Again, Gagnon was not alarmed enough on June 26th. to destroy his collection of CP before he left Alabama.

In fact, it wasn’t until 4 days later, on June 30, that something alarmed Gagnon enough that he called Grosenheider in Texas and asked him to throw away his safe and contents.

I admit my earlier assumption was that those 6 calls from Jacques were to inform Gagnon of what happened to Brooke and to give Gagnon time to destroy his collection of child *advertiser censored* and other incriminating evidence. Rereading the affidavit, I see that was not the case. This makes those 6 calls even more curious to me now.

-Catfish

Hi Allen,

You pointed out that MJ and RG talked a lot on the phone and “it had to be more than just getting rid of *advertiser censored*.” I reread Raymond Gagnon’s affidavit and news releases about him. From what I read, those six phone calls must not have been about getting rid of *advertiser censored* at all!

Between 9:26 pm on June 25th. and 12:59 am the next morning, Raymond Gagnon received 6 phone calls from Michael Jacques. While we don’t know the subject of these calls, we do know that R.G. left Texas for Alabama on June 26, leaving his laptop computer and a safe behind in San Antonio, Texas. In other words, these 6 phone calls did not alarm RG enough to destroy his child *advertiser censored* before he left Texas.

On June 26, Gagnon flies to Alabama and enters his former residence in Cullman. From there, he flies to Vermont. Investigators later went to the home and said they found child *advertiser censored* stored on two computers belonging to Gagnon. Again, Gagnon was not alarmed enough on June 26th. to destroy his collection of CP before he left Alabama.

In fact, it wasn’t until 4 days later, on June 30, that something alarmed Gagnon enough that he called Grosenheider in Texas and asked him to throw away his safe and contents.

I admit my earlier assumption was that those 6 calls from Jacques were to inform Gagnon of what happened to Brooke and to give Gagnon time to destroy his collection of child *advertiser censored* and other incriminating evidence. Rereading the affidavit, I see that was not the case. This makes those 6 calls even more curious to me now.

-Catfish
Yep i think your on to something also. Just my opinion or thoughts but i think RG had something to do with the burial myself, but maybe not. Im just thinking he had to be into this way deeper to fly all over and come here to Vermont. Just to support the family and go to church?? i dont think so.

Allen

Hi Allen,

-Catfish
thanx for the recap of the calls. brooke [rip] may have still been alive during those calls which would explain rg not needing to get rid of any incriminating links to him. she may have been alive for several days .

thanx for the recap of the calls. brooke [rip] may have still been alive during those calls which would explain rg not needing to get rid of any incriminating links to him. she may have been alive for several days .

Or MJ called & told him he killed Brooke by accident & RG got SO upset he didn't think to protect his own computers.... MJ sent him on some type of mission to help him deal w/ the Brooke situation?

That's why I don't think RG had any knowledge of the plan to kidnap Brooke.... he would have known in advance that there could be BIG trouble & he would have protected his own computers before he headed to VT.

I think his reaction shows someone who is completely caught off guard.

...I think his reaction shows someone who is completely caught off guard.

Hi LI_Mom,

I think you are correct. The only action Gagnon took to dispose of his child *advertiser censored*, that we are aware of, was on June 30, when he called Grosenheider in Texas at 3:00 am and asked him to dispose of his safe.

This was a few hours after A.R. gave her testimony to LE at 2:20 pm on June 29th. And at 4:15 pm on that same day, State police arrest Brooke’s uncle, Michael Jacques.

Gagnon may not even have been aware of Jacques arrest until later on June 29th. Hence, the phone to Texas at 3:00 am to dispose of the safe. It does seem possible Gagon may have been "completely caught off guard."

Given this possibility, this makes me even more curious as to what the 6 late night phone calls on June 25th. from MJ [and Gagnon accessing Brooke's MySpace in Texas and in Alabama] were all about. Uncle Michael must have fed him a believable line of BS to get his unwitting cooperation in changing Brooke's password on MySpace.

-Catfish

Hi LI_Mom,

I think you are correct. The only action Gagnon took to dispose of his child *advertiser censored*, that we are aware of, was on June 30, when he called Grosenheider in Texas at 3:00 am and asked him to dispose of his safe.

This was a few hours after A.R. gave her testimony to LE at 2:20 pm on June 29th. And at 4:15 pm on that same day, State police arrest Brooke’s uncle, Michael Jacques.

Gagnon may not even have been aware of Jacques arrest until later on June 29th. Hence, the phone to Texas at 3:00 am to dispose of the safe. It does seem possible Gagon may have been "completely caught off guard."

Given this possibility, this makes me even more curious as to what the 6 late night phone calls on June 25th. from MJ [and Gagnon accessing Brooke's MySpace in Texas and in Alabama] were all about. Uncle Michael must have fed him a believable line of BS to get his unwitting cooperation in changing Brooke's password on MySpace.

-Catfish

I think MJ was a master at BS'ing people.

How else do you explain RG getting himself mixed up in this murder case when he was so far away from the crime scene? No, I don't think he had any idea that Brooke was in trouble.... other than maybe she wanted to meet some friends behind her mother's back & MJ was helping her with an alibi.... as a favor to Brooke & AR.

It also seems clear that MJ talked himself out of trouble when Denise found the child *advertiser censored* on the computer at home. I wonder if MJ & maybe w/ AR's help convinced Denise that someone else used the computer & they had no clue this rotten person downloaded that 'crap.' And if Denise notified authorities, he'd be back in jail & in major trouble.... blah, blah, blah.

Same with all the times Denise didn't believe her own eyes to the clues around her.... she probably had BOTH of them telling her she was crazy to think such terrible things.

I think MJ was a master at BS'ing people.

How else do you explain RG getting himself mixed up in this murder case when he was so far away from the crime scene? No, I don't think he had any idea that Brooke was in trouble.... other than maybe she wanted to meet some friends behind her mother's back & MJ was helping her with an alibi.... as a favor to Brooke & AR.

It also seems clear that MJ talked himself out of trouble when Denise found the child *advertiser censored* on the computer at home. I wonder if MJ & maybe w/ AR's help convinced Denise that someone else used the computer & they had no clue this rotten person downloaded that 'crap.' And if Denise notified authorities, he'd be back in jail & in major trouble.... blah, blah, blah.

Same with all the times Denise didn't believe her own eyes to the clues around her.... she probably had BOTH of them telling her she was crazy to think such terrible things.

Hi LI_Mom,

Excellent points all. My feelings also about RG and MJ.

ETA -
...How else do you explain RG getting himself mixed up in this murder case when he was so far away from the crime scene?

Rereading Gagnon's affidavit, he seems to be trying to distance himself as much as possible from Brooke's murder. [Brooke's body was recovered on July 2, but LE possibly told Gagnon they found the grave on July 1, the day Gagnon is testifying.]

When LE questioned him, he admitted that he had accessed Brooke's MySpace from Texas, changing her user name and password at MJs request. This seems to be all LE knew of Gagnon's connection with Brooke's disappearance.

However, while being questioned on July 1st, Gagnon voluntarily admits to downloading "a vast amount of child *advertiser censored*," and admitted he had "still photographs of Juvenile1 engaged in sexual acts with her minor boyfriend." [page 10, paragraph 16 ]

In other words, on July 1st, Gagnon admitted to possession of CP prior to LE even being aware he had it. And LE found out Gagnon asked to have his safe in Texas disposed of when he told them! [paragraph 18]

So Gagnon was 'singing like a canary,' admitting to illegal activity to show LE that he was cooperating in their investigation. While he admitted committing criminal acts, he's telling them that accomplice Brooke's disappearance was not one of them.

-Catfish

Hey everyone,

Just an FYI... RG's new court date is Thursday July 31st @ 1:30 pm. MJ's new date is Wednesday August 6th @ 10:00 am.

Just wanted to say Rest in Peace Brooke Bennett. It has been exactly one month since her disappearance.

you've really sparked my imagination now. i never considered rg but more than a bit player.

Ditto, I think you guys are definitely on to something. I would still like to know what the circumstances were that led to RG and Cassandra's divorce. Surely if it were child *advertiser censored* or the like, she wouldn't have dreamed of letting Brooke go to visit him??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back