IN - Terry and Darleen Anderson Murder, Mungo, 22 Oct 2005 - #3

Rosco, if I may ask a question. Do you know how much money A ended up getting from insurance, 401K, etc? If this has been mentioned, I missed it and the thread is, oh.... just a little bit too long for my lazy mind to go back and look!

could only GUESS... but I would assume close to 250K... or more..
That would incude most of the vehicles and boat - all was paid for. Also there was some property in Montana (?) that was purchased by Dad and Darleen. Not sure if that was sold.

Awwww.. Kimmer - thanks for taking so much of your time and reading Dad and Darleen's thread... That's a whole bunch of reading!:crazy::crazy:

I'll try and answer what I can - - -

It is my understanding that Dad and Darleen did find out about the drug use/abuse BEFORE the murders. Myself and other family members did NOT know about the drugs until after the murders.

Your thoughts about pps talking around in a circle of other druggies is very possible... I say this cuz it was way way too soon after their murders that the 'renter' moved in... AND later I found out he too was a drug user/dealer/abuser. Also found out that the 'NOW' BF is/was also a huge drug user/abuser/dealer/maker at the time of their murders - and the XBF was 'good' friends with both of these charectors.

I am still not certain in my head that 'A" had known... I want to believe that someone heard the conversations of money and boat being purchased.... and pps took upon themselves...and 'A' being victim like us... BUT...it's hard to swallow that with all the carp that happend after..and the lack of respect to her dead/murdered p's.. that just keeps my mind on the fence...:confused:

IMO - still feel very certain that the XBF had most if not ALL to do with their murders... but had help...and i am not all that sold the help was totally thru 'A'.
I think XBF was the mastermind...or the one who got the idea. Maybe thru that 'will' that was written. The 'written will' was legit.. Dad and Darleen went on a trip North WI and left her home... wanted to make sure she was taken care of if anything would happen on their trip. XBF was in the picture at the time and ppbly got something brewing then.. but waited for the right momment.. maybe after he had gotten busted with the drug abuse... the thoughts of the 'will' came up - knowing that her P's had 401K and life insurance. He might have came up with this information cuz he was in the family for almost 18months... - Get to know pps and their financial situations in that time.

I understand u saying that everyone had to stay away cuz everyone was worried about THEIR stuff disappearing.... and I swear.. it was the freakest thing to see all the property and pps worried about pps stealing.. it was a very very strange situation...and this taking place w/i 48hrs of the horrible phone-call.. Just too much to absorb....

It was the evening of 20Oct that Dad and Darleen were killed. Darleen was in her bed-time/evening clothes (out of her work clothes but NOT in her night-clothes (not PJ's) and Dad was getting settled down for the evening.

Nobody got into the safe... The safe was openned by a professional the day we arrived.

Darleen was on the living room sofa w/bowl of popcorn next to her... LE and profiler believes she NEVER seen who murdered her.. She was not in a defence mode...so not knowing anyone was going to harm her. She had just taken her empty bowl and scooped popcorn from Dad's bowl into her's. Dad's bowl sat by his easy-chair and had shown the indentation.

I wish I knew what channel was on the TV at the time LE arrived.. I told LE that Dad watched the fights on Thur nights (or anytime they were on) .. and that he was probly ready to watch the fights... They had NEVER told me that I was incorrect... As a matter of - they have used that many times as what Dad was watching at the time - so I can assume that 'Spike' might have been the station that was still playing on their TV.

Personally I think the killer/s wore 'cover-alls' and gloves. easy to cover your entire clothes and everything and just burn the bloody ones. It was end of Oct in IN.. cold outside.. hunting season.. easy to walk around town or anywhere with that look - cover-all look.

Not sure what LE has looked into regarding bank accounts and such.. I would assume....

LE is very closed lipped about the case... and who the suspects are.

yea - I have emailed Nancy Grace.. I have not received any follow-up.

It's difficult to juggle full time job, wife, mom and justice seacher - and then keep up with the threads and also keep sending letters out for more covergage..! :eek: Gets crazy nuts !!!

My next step is Dateline.. see if they might bite?

All my love-
Rosco

I disagree that Darleen did not see her killer. For one thing, you and I established in a recent thread (and privately) that she could see anyone coming into the house from the couch, so there was no chance of a sneak attack. The reason there were no defense wounds, in my opinion, is because she knew and trusted her killer, and the killer likely hid the weapon until he/she used it on her. It was likely brought out and used to hit her in a split second, so no time to defend herself. Heck, if she trusted the person, he/she could have been openly carrying a hammer/axe/whatever and she would never have thought twice about it. If she asked what they were doing with it, they'd just say working on something, all casual and stuff. And then out of the blue attack her.

could only GUESS... but I would assume close to 250K... or more..
That would incude most of the vehicles and boat - all was paid for. Also there was some property in Montana (?) that was purchased by Dad and Darleen. Not sure if that was sold.

Holy crap, $250k?????????? You never told me it was THAT much! Nor did you mention any land in Montana. There must be some way to know about that land, espcially since you were his daughter.

All of those nice, very expensive, trucks and equipment for her tree trimming service were purchased after the murders, weren't they?

Also, has anyone talked to your dad's work partner who's place Amanda took that morning? Isn't it quite the coincidence that he took the morning off following the murders, thereby allowing A to go to the house and get her dad? Do we know who that guy even was?

I disagree that Darleen did not see her killer. For one thing, you and I established in a recent thread (and privately) that she could see anyone coming into the house from the couch, so there was no chance of a sneak attack. The reason there were no defense wounds, in my opinion, is because she knew and trusted her killer, and the killer likely hid the weapon until he/she used it on her. It was likely brought out and used to hit her in a split second, so no time to defend herself. Heck, if she trusted the person, he/she could have been openly carrying a hammer/axe/whatever and she would never have thought twice about it. If she asked what they were doing with it, they'd just say working on something, all casual and stuff. And then out of the blue attack her.

ETA: As far as "A" being involved, remember she failed not only a lie detector but a state of the art advanced voice detection test, run by the top guy in the state.

NO DK... nobody could see the door from the living room. There is a WALL there...and you have to go thru the kitchen area/thru dining room and then to living room. If you look on the pic's with me and family - we are sitting on the staircase.. to the left of everyone is the opening to the living room. We are all facing the dining room/kitchen area... the wall and staircase encloses the living room..

I never said or posted she failed DK... on this forum or any other forum. She posted on Topix that she passed. I never commented in public if that was a true statement or a false statment.

I agree that the killer/s was someone they both trusted and knew who was on the property. And totally possible with how you wrote... that the person/s were in the house and had a conversation or something with her... But there is no way to view the door from where Darleen was sitting and murdered.

Rosco

NO DK... nobody could see the door from the living room. There is a WALL there...and you have to go thru the kitchen area/thru dining room and then to living room. If you look on the pic's with me and family - we are sitting on the staircase.. to the left of everyone is the opening to the living room. We are all facing the dining room/kitchen area... the wall and staircase encloses the living room..

I never said or posted she failed DK... on this forum or any other forum. She posted on Topix that she passed. I never commented in public if that was a true statement or a false statment.

I agree that the killer/s was someone they both trusted and knew who was on the property. And totally possible with how you wrote... that the person/s were in the house and had a conversation or something with her... But there is no way to view the door from where Darleen was sitting and murdered.

Rosco

Oops, my bad! I forgot it was A who said they took those tests. But for some reason I thought she failed, guess only LE knows that.

ETA: I just checked and you're right, she posted that and said she had passed, as did XBF. Sorry 'bout that!

You expect me to keep 3 years of info sorted right in MY little brain? LOL! :crazy:

Oops, my bad! I forgot it was A who said they took those tests. But for some reason I thought she failed, guess only LE knows that.

ETA: I just checked and you're right, she posted that and said she had passed, as did XBF. Sorry 'bout that!

You expect me to keep 3 years of info sorted right in MY little brain? LOL! :crazy:

I'm telling ya!!! :crazy::crazy:

It almost gets to a point where your brain is mush and all these things/info keeps running around in your head.

And you say I talk fast... Well.. that's cuz memories and stuff make u remember things... and it kinda goes like a waterfall.. one thing leads to another and the memory comes..

Yea.. I know DK.. it's SOOO hard to keep track..

Rosco

You said the couch was against a wall so no one could come up behind her. And there is no way she couldn't hear someone walking all that way, as the floors are creaky. And finally, she was hit in the face, primarily, IIRC, with no blows to the back of the head, as would be expected from an attack from behind. She had to be facing her killer.

You said the couch was against a wall so no one could come up behind her. And there is no way she couldn't hear someone walking all that way, as the floors are creaky. And finally, she was hit in the face, primarily, IIRC, with no blows to the back of the head, as would be expected from an attack from behind. She had to be facing her killer.

yea - the house was creaky...and could almost 'feel' someone walking into the house as the floor boards would make noise. Door creaked when opened. Also the main/wood door kinda stuck - so you had to give it a little push to open - just a little-bit.. but enough to make some noise..

I understand .... the thought your having is nobody could sneek up on her.. Yes - that is true.. Unless you float in air...:crazy:

She would certainly KNOW someone was in the house.
BUT... maybe she thought it was Dad coming back from the barn?
OR - YES - maybe the killer/s were very known in the house and YES.. can come into the house and stand right next to her and have weapon and Darleen never noticed it... OR.. Darleen did know person/s was in the living room - maybe even chatting with her while the other was in the barn - and never questioned the reasons for the weapon (but not a weapon at the time) to be in the person/s hands.

She also could have been facing the TV or her face into a book..and just looked up at that split time... to be given the death blow in her face.

Again - knowing the killer/s on the property and trusting.. and - Dad being back in the house soon to eat popcorn. Thought the sound of the door was Dad?

:waitasec::waitasec:

yea - the house was creaky...and could almost 'feel' someone walking into the house as the floor boards would make noise. Door creaked when opened. Also the main/wood door kinda stuck - so you had to give it a little push to open - just a little-bit.. but enough to make some noise..

I understand .... the thought your having is nobody could sneek up on her.. Yes - that is true.. Unless you float in air...:crazy:

She would certainly KNOW someone was in the house.
BUT... maybe she thought it was Dad coming back from the barn?
OR - YES - maybe the killer/s were very known in the house and YES.. can come into the house and stand right next to her and have weapon and Darleen never noticed it... OR.. Darleen did know person/s was in the living room - maybe even chatting with her while the other was in the barn - and never questioned the reasons for the weapon (but not a weapon at the time) to be in the person/s hands.

She also could have been facing the TV or her face into a book..and just looked up at that split time... to be given the death blow in her face.

Again - knowing the killer/s on the property and trusting.. and - Dad being back in the house soon to eat popcorn. Thought the sound of the door was Dad?

:waitasec::waitasec:

You've mentioned the killers MIGHT have been worried about Darleen being a witness (not totally sure I agree, but possible) but by the same token, if they killed her first, wouldn't they be worried about your Dad walking back into the house unexpectedly? And realistically, the killer's couldn't have quietly put Rosco on the chain, I don't think. Your dad would have heard or see them do it maybe, unless Rosco completely trusted the person doing it and didn't make a sound. Even calling the dog over and hooking the chain up makes noise within range of your dad's hearing, possibly.

You've mentioned the killers MIGHT have been worried about Darleen being a witness (not totally sure I agree, but possible) but by the same token, if they killed her first, wouldn't they be worried about your Dad walking back into the house unexpectedly? And realistically, the killer's couldn't have quietly put Rosco on the chain, I don't think. Your dad would have heard or see them do it maybe, unless Rosco completely trusted the person doing it and didn't make a sound. Even calling the dog over and hooking the chain up makes noise within range of your dad's hearing, possibly.

Oh for sure DK. Dad could have also been the person to walk into the house and seen Darleen.

Regarding Rosco... he's not easily dragged to the chain. He does not like being chained up. I know this now cuz when DH wants to get him from out of underfoot (normally when it's dinner time for DS) he has to take him and drag him to the other closed room. It's not an easy process.

Again - that brings me to the thought that Dad 'might' have put Rosco on the chain for one last time for the night.. (( and I say that only cuz the fact that knowing Rosco - he's is pbly under-foot when Dad is trying to work on tractor - ))
BUT... Big barn doors were closed - cuz DH told me - he was at the scene and walked into the barn. So Rosco being on chain could just mean Dad might not have wanted him to wonder that night before doing his 'duty'...
Still ...Rosco would have barked or wanted OFF the chain if someone came to the house - to greet the person/s who in entering his home. Even if the person/s would have already been at the house.. Rosco would bark to get off chain.. he did not (does not) like to be chained up when there is company and possible attention to give to him...:)

This thought still does NOT change my mind that the killer/s easily could have chained Rosco up... knowing he would protect... Just thinking of other ideas...

I still think there was more than one person and each had their place / one outside and one inside.

???

Rosco how do you feel about this

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77542

You provide the details

date/time/place of Last Seen, date/time/place of Police Report, birth information on key players in the case including the Victim; etc.
Requests should also include a link if applicable, to the thread where the case is being discussed.

What do you think ??? Up for it ?

:blowkiss:

Rosco, I agree that more than likely more than one person, no way for 1 person to attack your dad and still be clean and then go in and chat up Darleen without her seeing the state of there clothing...This still does not mean that someone did not maybe pull up go into house attack Darleen and then go out and attack Dad in the barn..If Dad was already in barn saw someone pull up peek out of barn saw car he knew went back to his task never in a million years feeling a threat....This is another thought I have I know that LE is not able to tell you much..But Girl keep in mind that THE SKWEEKY WHEEL GET GREASED so if that means that you can chat the main detective up every day giving him little bits of this and that...Like tell him I dont want to know if you found out anything about say "A" financials I just want to know that you all have looked in that direction...If they say yep already checked that angel..then cross that off the list and go on to the next...We all tend to think well I am sure they have checked this and that...and maybe they have but it sure never hurts to ask..And also I know you and your brother god bless you have been the Skeeky wheels for 3 years but remember never give up...If you would like for me to contact the Nancy Gracy show also I will be happy to call them also...you can contact them by phone, they show a number every night while on her live show that is on at 8pm...It is hard to get thru during the live show, but I am pretty sure if you call that number during the day you can get ahold of her producers..You can also email the Jane Valez Mitchell show she is on at 7pm also on headline news and she takes live calls during her show also..so call her number during the day and talk to a producer...I would also try and get ahold of dateline, the more worms in the water the more fish you are likely to catch (I bet your dad would have loved that comment)..

I really mean if there is anything I can do just let me know you can send me a PM or email me...I do not work and would be happy to chase anything down that you need anytime of the day or night....If you would like I can PM you my phone number...I just hate that this has not been solved...Justice is to long in coming in this case and your parents and you and your brother deserve it now.......Another person helping to work any angle sure could not hurt....

Rosco, I agree that more than likely more than one person, no way for 1 person to attack your dad and still be clean and then go in and chat up Darleen without her seeing the state of there clothing...This still does not mean that someone did not maybe pull up go into house attack Darleen and then go out and attack Dad in the barn..If Dad was already in barn saw someone pull up peek out of barn saw car he knew went back to his task never in a million years feeling a threat....This is another thought I have I know that LE is not able to tell you much..But Girl keep in mind that THE SKWEEKY WHEEL GET GREASED so if that means that you can chat the main detective up every day giving him little bits of this and that...Like tell him I dont want to know if you found out anything about say "A" financials I just want to know that you all have looked in that direction...If they say yep already checked that angel..then cross that off the list and go on to the next...We all tend to think well I am sure they have checked this and that...and maybe they have but it sure never hurts to ask..And also I know you and your brother god bless you have been the Skeeky wheels for 3 years but remember never give up...If you would like for me to contact the Nancy Gracy show also I will be happy to call them also...you can contact them by phone, they show a number every night while on her live show that is on at 8pm...It is hard to get thru during the live show, but I am pretty sure if you call that number during the day you can get ahold of her producers..You can also email the Jane Valez Mitchell show she is on at 7pm also on headline news and she takes live calls during her show also..so call her number during the day and talk to a producer...I would also try and get ahold of dateline, the more worms in the water the more fish you are likely to catch (I bet your dad would have loved that comment)..

I really mean if there is anything I can do just let me know you can send me a PM or email me...I do not work and would be happy to chase anything down that you need anytime of the day or night....If you would like I can PM you my phone number...I just hate that this has not been solved...Justice is to long in coming in this case and your parents and you and your brother deserve it now.......Another person helping to work any angle sure could not hurt....

You're terrific for offering to volunteer so much time and effort!!!! Thank you very much!

Trust me that Rosco nags LE constantly, lol! Anything and everything gets sent to them. :)

Rosco e-mailed Nancy Grace. Maybe the phone number is a good idea. Thanks again!

DK-I sure hope my post did not come off sounding like I didn't think that Rosco had done enough in bugging LE cause after taking 3 days of reading all of the post's on here as well as on Topix it is very aware that she has been keeping on them constantly...I just hope that they (LE) are not starting to ease up any on the case, and really it doesn't sound like they are..But any help that can be given in any way I would be glad to do..From everything I have read this is a case that screams to be solved.

DK-I sure hope my post did not come off sounding like I didn't think that Rosco had done enough in bugging LE cause after taking 3 days of reading all of the post's on here as well as on Topix it is very aware that she has been keeping on them constantly...I just hope that they (LE) are not starting to ease up any on the case, and really it doesn't sound like they are..But any help that can be given in any way I would be glad to do..From everything I have read this is a case that screams to be solved.

Kimmer have you read AMW story too ?

No, not at all. Sometimes people new to the case just don't grasp how much she hounds LE, so I was just reminding the new people who are so kind to help us. :blowkiss: She does send everything to them!

...Now something I found very intresting was the below entry by "A" on Topix...

Nov 11, 2006

I am Terry and Darleen's youngest daughter. I am the one who had to discover the hossific, unhuman, aftermath of what the killer or killers left behind in the very home that I grew up in my entire life. Words cannot describe the image that is forever imprinted in my memory of the sight of my mother, to whom I was very close to dead, severely massacured on our living room couch. I want answers... Why, who, and how?!

Now what I find so intresting is how in the world with the severe damages to Darleen could she have only been very close to dead when "A" found her that morning if it had been done at night, there is no way that she would have lived throughout the night..

bold by me
Hi Kimmer, I'll echo the appreciation of your taking the time to thoroughly read up on Terry & Darleen's murders.. and for your thoughts & input and offer to help out!

The bolded part up there caught my attention and I didn't see that anyone addressed this part for you. I get how you're reading A's comment... and therefore your thinking (the second bold) follows that. Her grammar and punctuation was a bit off and makes it easy to misinterpret. I think, tho, that what she was trying to express was this (in a little better or more readable format): the sight of my mother, to whom I was very close, dead.

Hope that made sense :) Glad you're here!

bold by me
Hi Kimmer, I'll echo the appreciation of your taking the time to thoroughly read up on Terry & Darleen's murders.. and for your thoughts & input and offer to help out!

The bolded part up there caught my attention and I didn't see that anyone addressed this part for you. I get how you're reading A's comment... and therefore your thinking (the second bold) follows that. Her grammar and punctuation was a bit off and makes it easy to misinterpret. I think, tho, that what she was trying to express was this (in a little better or more readable format): the sight of my mother, to whom I was very close, dead.

Hope that made sense :) Glad you're here!

Yes, your interpretation is correct. She simply didn't include punctuation. There is no question they died instantly. None.

Wow, Rosco, the theft of guns is a CIVIL matter? How odd. That Big John guy sounds kinda creepy, just hanging out in the shadows and taking things of the property. Without even an introduction! Rather rude, at the very least wouldn't you say? And geez, that Ray guy over on Topix! I don't know what I think about him! It sure is a lot more confrontational over there than here, huh?

The guns were not stolen, per se. Amanda had just as much legal right to any property, including the guns, as Rosco or other family members. So if she is the one taking them, there are no laws being broken, thereby making it a civil matter, not a criminal matter.

In a perfect world, Rosco would have taken the matter of her dad's property to civil court as soon as LE said it was a civil matter. But in light of what had just happened and the subsequent shock and mourning, it likely wasn't palatable to even consider it, at that time. Which is understandable.

DK-when it comes to the guns being stolen, the place that I have read that info was in the very beginning of the case there was a list of property that LE stated was stolen the night of the murders and they listed several guns and also some collector coins, am I understanding that correctly, or was that list put out by LE after "A" allowed people to remove property from home..Now I am confused..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back