2009.03.12 Casey Anthony Motion Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thats its her parents who have lost all the weight, while she gains. But overeating can also be a sign of depression.(not that I believe thats whats happening in this case).
And being on psych meds can make you gain weight. Is there any chance that KC is on medication and is now developing some genuine emotion? (Gasp!)
Several people noticed her appear to be holding back tears, rather than force them with fingernails, for the first time ever. When I saw her grab the door handle to get out of the courtroom, it gave me the impression that she was desperate to get out of there before she broke down....maybe thats why she wont look in her parents direction. she knows she'll fall apart. Because even though she killed their grandchild, they still support her....and she knows she doesnt deserve their support.

I saw something very different about KC in this hearing. Her demeaner has gone from super-cocky to super-anxious and uncomfortable in her own skin.
Maybe it is because she realises how inadequate her defense is..... Maybe its because she knows how everyone will be analyzing every gesture.Heck, maybe she has PMS and is just having an emotional day.... or maybe it was all an act that she's been practising in her cell.
I just get the feeling that KC is about to crack.... Maybe its just wishful thinking ,but something different seems to be going on in that head of hers.
JMO
-------------
I see the same thing.I also think she now has a taste of trial and realizes it's no easy job ~ especially when there is a know it all on staff!!LOL.She is scared.Maybe she will cop a plea..

I can't wait to see her face when all those people (especially former "friends" and bf's) are up there testifying against her..talking about her lies, strange behavior, stealing habits, how badly she talked about her family, etc. That will be classic.

The docs can be maddening to follow and try to understand. It looks like both OCSO and Lee missed hairs that were later found. It may have been Lee's visit that caused OCSO to re-examine things in which they found hairs that both of them had possibly overlooked.

Back in August, OCSO found 7 hairs on various liners and covers that are part of the trunk furnishings (this is not the "white bag" trash). Then Lee shows up in November, looks at the "white bag trash", looks at the liners and covers from the trunk, and finds a hair in the trunk itself. The liners and covers had already been removed from the trunk, so when Lee looked in - the trunk was already stripped of all this stuff.

While Lee was there, three hairs were found amongst the trash. It says that "we" found this evidence.

About 1.5 hours after Lee leaves, OCSO begins checking stuff again. They find 14 more hairs on various trash, liners and covers.

It seems that Lee found one hair, and his visit prompted the finding of 17 more.

I can't wait to see her face when all those people (especially former "friends" and bf's) are up there testifying against her..talking about her lies, strange behavior, stealing habits, how she talked horribly about her family, etc. That will be classic.

All of the people who have had direct contact with Casey during the time she had portrayed herself to be someone with a career and and had a Nanny will be on the stand telling the tales that she had spun during that time that she was partying and claiming her child was either with the invisi-nanny or with her Mom. Something tells me that in May and June that no one can verify that Caylee was in thier care. That child was sedated or knocked the hell out somewhere so she could be free.
I look at the latest pics that were released and it makes me sick thinking that she more than likely have been living it up while her child was either drugged in her trunk or already dead.

Interesting thats its her parents who have lost all the weight, while she gains. But overeating can also be a sign of depression.(not that I believe thats whats happening in this case).
And being on psych meds can make you gain weight. Is there any chance that KC is on medication and is now developing some genuine emotion? (Gasp!)
Several people noticed her appear to be holding back tears, rather than force them with fingernails, for the first time ever. When I saw her grab the door handle to get out of the courtroom, it gave me the impression that she was desperate to get out of there before she broke down....maybe thats why she wont look in her parents direction. she knows she'll fall apart. Because even though she killed their grandchild, they still support her....and she knows she doesnt deserve their support.

I saw something very different about KC in this hearing. Her demeaner has gone from super-cocky to super-anxious and uncomfortable in her own skin.
Maybe it is because she realises how inadequate her defense is..... Maybe its because she knows how everyone will be analyzing every gesture.Heck, maybe she has PMS and is just having an emotional day.... or maybe it was all an act that she's been practising in her cell.
I just get the feeling that KC is about to crack.... Maybe its just wishful thinking ,but something different seems to be going on in that head of hers.
JMO

I don't know, I was on meds for depression and I LOST a dramatic amount of weight so I honestly don't think that is the case with Casey.
Again, to me she looked like she was heavy eyed and about to nod, and not really grasping what was going on in the courtroom, only posing with her paper and pen props, had fussing to button up her *advertiser censored* at the end of her hearing.
I don't think she acknowledged her parents, and I think she has adjusted to being behind bars, in her own little world,and she could not wait to get the hell out of there.
She reads alot, eats alot, probaly has lovelorn pen pals to write to and will retreat to her fantacy world where she and JB will live happily ever after.
Has anyone found out what is up with JB not sporting his wedding ring today?

JMO

My guess is that she's medicated for anxiety. I saw a person who was zoning in and out...trying to follow what was going on but having trouble staying focused. She's very different from her jail tapes with her parents...much more subdued. If you've ever been around someone on an anti-anxiety med, they act very much like she did today...able to focus during actual conversations (smiling with her lawyers when she first came in) but "drifting" when not engaged. JMO.

Sorry if this has been covered...just watched most of the hearing again.....JB seemed very agitated and nervous and quite upset through this whole thing...he could not even refer to his notes well at the end.....almost funny to watch him doddle around....I like the CSI guy..I thought he held his own well:)

Sorry if this has been covered...just watched most of the hearing again.....JB seemed very agitated and nervous and quite upset through this whole thing...he could not even refer to his notes well at the end.....almost funny to watch him doddle around....I like the CSI guy..I thought he held his own well:)

I think he just doesn't perform well, or follow his own script. IMHO, he is way out of his depth. I will give him credit for trying but lets be honest, its a major stretch to take on this from where he was. He needs to leave it to the experts. He probably felt peer pressure from both LKB and now TM as well!! -- and wanted to perform well for KC.

He does not have the mind set to drive to a point quickly or be succinct and articulate. He is going to lose everyone as he bumbles and bounces around.

I think they were trying to seed reasonable doubt into the future Jury pool but done this way -- he could cause more harm than doubt.

Is it just me, but in today's hearing when the word magot was mentioned, did Casey flinch? She seemed uncomfortable when they were discussing the car's trunk.
Overall, I believe she looked more concerned and a little intimidated today in court.
jmo

Did anyone catch the look on CA's face as KC entered the court room and sat down. The camera focused on CA and she had this look on her face of "why isn't she turning around and acknowledging us? We've given up everything for her"

For a micro second, I almost felt sorry for CA. She is being shunned by the person she departed reality for.

Anyone else see it that way?

Is it just me, but in today's hearing when the word magot was mentioned, did Casey flinch? She seemed uncomfortable when they were discussing the car's trunk.
Overall, I believe she looked more concerned and a little intimidated today in court.
jmo

I've seen quite a few posters have the same obversation. She looked to me like she was acting,trying to go thru the motions, and all the while not really grasping that she has incompetent representation considering the magnitude of this case.
She is in La La land.

I guess what frushtrates me the most after watching this hearing is that jose just doesn't get this isn't a forensic case. At least I don't think so. I think the only important forensic info at trial will be from the experts testifying about the bag with the remains, and proving when it was placed there. The hairs and stains, don't really mean anything. Even if you find hairs from Tony Soprano in that trunk, it doesn't take away the overwhelming circumstantial evidence against her.

I think the defense will do a good job muddying the water, but when the jury deliberates, they will NEVER get past that 31 days and no proof ZFG ever existed. Period.

I guess what frushtrates me the most after watching this hearing is that jose just doesn't get this isn't a forensic case. At least I don't think so. I think the only important forensic info at trial will be from the experts testifying about the bag with the remains, and proving when it was placed there. The hairs and stains, don't really mean anything. Even if you find hairs from Tony Soprano in that trunk, it doesn't take away the overwhelming circumstantial evidence against her.

I think the defense will do a good job muddying the water, but when the jury deliberates, they will NEVER get past that 31 days and no proof ZFG ever existed. Period.

That is a great point and one I'm sure will play out in the end. There will be a lot of blah, blah, blah on both sides but what it will come down to the fact that the jurors will never get past the 31 days.

Why is it again that it would cost the defense $1,000.00 to depose the computer forensics expert? Where does THAT figure come from anyway?

Ok now that I have that off of my chest-and having viewed the entire sordid affair for myself-FINALLY, I have some observations.

The defense needs to be a bit clearer in their motions as to exactly what it is that they are seeking in said motion.

The defense needs to stop assuming that things should be a certain way and or are a certain way and take some "baby steps" on their own in an effort to determine as a fact how exactly things are. For instance-if the defense has the general counsel for the two entities in question-then why have they not approached said entities and asked for what it is that they seek? This would require a minimal effort on their part and would elicit some facts. They either would get what they asked for or they would not, at which time, if it was not, then they could motion the court to compel the prosecution to seek the information on their behalf having been unable to obtain it by their own resources.

The defense needs to learn some procedure and some proper courtroom etiquette. JB needs to stop referring to Judge Strickland as judge-he needs to afford him the respect and honor inherent in that position and address him as Your Honor. JB needs to learn not to interupt the witness when the witness is in the process of answering the question. JB needs to learn to construct his questions a little more efficiently to extract the information that he is specifically seeking. JB needs to stop rambling around and including information that was not even part of his motions.

As for Casey-she was snug as a bug in a rug as far as I could tell. She was confident enough to undue the button on her sweater, which to me indicates she was relaxed enough to "let it all hang out" so to speak. She did act a little "weird", but I believe that stems from the solitary confinement she is in and from being alone most of the time. She was ULTRA conscious of the camera and took great pains not to ever look in that direction. Even when she was exiting, she held her head down as if to keep the media from getting a good shot of her. And when she was leaving? I noted 4 seperate smiles on her face and did not see one single evidence that she was upset or near tears whatsoever. She knew it was over and she almost looked like a kid when the circus has ended...kind of a look of nostalgia and wishing it would never end...let's face it-SHE was headed back to her cage and I am sure she would much rather be sitting there, the subject of all the discussions going on around her and all the attention trained on her. She did not even look around to see if her parents were there or even nod in their direction. She was fidgety during the entire hearing, fussing with her clothing-which may not have even been hers at all and therefore she felt uncomfortable in it, and continually fidgeting with her hands the entire time. You could tell if you watched her closely that she had no idea WHAT to do with her hands, so it was like watching a heated Lava Lamp in action-never still, fluid motions, never resting, never settled. She did look zoned out at times, but I did not see any evidence that she was in the least bit upset by anything that was being discussed.

All in all, Jose is still asking the State to do HIS job for him and he needs to just pull up his britches and do it himself. He is perfectly capable. They have not even deposed Yuri Melich, and obviously have questions about his conclusions from his report. What is the best way for them to get the answers that they seek? Depose the persons who have the information that that seek. Why are they not doing any depositions for the information rather than making annoying motions to the court? Surely enough money has been wasted on Casey already, and they obviously do not desire to waste any of THEIR funds: reference the "We may not want to spend $1,000." comment so why do they keep wasting the money of the State and the taxpayers with these ridiculous and poorly executed motions that inevitably do not even make sense?

Way to go Casey "dream team". I would score this one for the State 100%!

Oh yeah and one other important point that I noted is that Jose kept saying that LE had removed items from the car prior to the defense examining it and on and on and on with that he went. BUT it was not LE that removed that garbage from the car at all. It was the tow yard guy and George. It was removed at the tow yard and tossed over the fence. LE went and collected it that same night. It was entered into evidence as having come from the trunk of the car originally, but LE did not remove it from the car at all. They collected it from the dumpster at the tow yard.

Also, sorry to keep posting repeatedly, but is this the first time we have heard of this paper towel with the pupa on it?

I don't recall if it has been mentioned but why is this an issue?

Could the pupa have chemicals like chlorform or other drug properties in their system that the defence would like to have question at trial?
Why was JB trying to argue evidence today?

I don't recall if it has been mentioned but why is this an issue?

Could the pupa have chemicals like chlorform or other drug properties in their system that the defence would like to have question at trial?
Why was JB trying to argue evidence today?

Nobody knows why Jose does anything that he does, or if there is even any method to his madness...but I just wondered about this specific piece of evidence, as I do not ever recall having heard that there was a paper towel with a pupa on it from the trunk of the car. I of course could have missed it as I am not on 24/7 and do miss some things on ocassion and just wondered if I had missed this or if this was new information that we did not have previously. I knew about the dryer sheet and I knew there were maggots collected from the outside of the garbage bag. But I was just unaware of this paper towel with pupa...

Isn't it crazy what catched our attention?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members