Identified! NV - Henderson, 'Arroyo Grande', WhtFem UP46, "S" tattoo, Oct'80*GRAPHIC* - Tammy Corrine Terrell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, they have the exact same nose. I admit the distance from her home and the tattoo, along with a possible confession and the fact that Garden doesn't sound much like a runaway, do lend their doubts. Of course, Garden was missing over 5 months before the JD was found. Anything could have happened over that period of time, including the tattoo. As we know from other cases, stranger things have happened. I assume you are reporting this. Let us know what you find out.

Hi Meyahna,

Thanks for the update. I wish I had seen your post before I submitted it again!

Ah well - maybe they will take a second look and dig a little deeper? One can only hope. The nose was really spot on!

Salem

Ah well - maybe they will take a second look and dig a little deeper? One can only hope. The nose was really spot on!

Salem

Hi everyone,

I received a reply today from the coroner on Clark County UID Case # 80-01221. As Meyahna stated previously, Rachael Garden was ruled out by means of forensic odontology. A hopeful point for our unidentifed girl is that she has been exhumed and a sample of her DNA taken. This is now in the process of being entered into CODIS.

Hi everyone,

I received a reply today from the coroner on Clark County UID Case # 80-01221. As Meyahna stated previously, Rachael Garden was ruled out by means of forensic odontology. A hopeful point for our unidentifed girl is that she has been exhumed and a sample of her DNA taken. This is now in the process of being entered into CODIS.

Thanks for trying Indigo, I really thought you had a match here !! Thanks for the additional info. Glad to see they are getting her DNA into CODIS. A very important step in getting her identified.

Oddly enough I think this UID was also brought up in the Laureen Rahn case as well. Laureen was from Rachel's area of NH, about the same age, and went missing just a month after Rachel. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/204dfnh.html

That is odd...maybe it's the age factor. These girls were all so young. Very sad. Thanks so much for the blog link...it's great! Is it your blog site? I put it in my favorites.

Thanks for trying Indigo, I really thought you had a match here !! Thanks for the additional info. Glad to see they are getting her DNA into CODIS. A very important step in getting her identified.

Thank you for the encouragement, barb0301. At first I hesitated to post here because I've had so little experience with this kind of work (I've only posted here on a few cases) I see the solid dedication of those who stick with these cases year after year and I know I don't have the circumstances to be able to do that. But I was struck by Tricia's words on the front page of Websleuths that said "EVERYONE has something to contribute"(not sure of exact wording)

As you said in your post, this UID really did look like a match for Rachael. In his email, the coroner related that he called Rachael's parents in regard to this possibility and when Rachael's mom and dad viewed the unidentified girl's picture online her mom said, "No," and her dad said, "Maybe." So even one of her parents thought it was a possible match. This really brought home to me what these parents have to go through time after time until their loved ones are finally found. It breaks my heart.

That is odd...maybe it's the age factor. These girls were all so young. Very sad. Thanks so much for the blog link...it's great! Is it your blog site? I put it in my favorites.

Yes, the blog is something I just started, thanks for putting it in your favorites! As you can see I was just researching Laureen Rahn for the blog so the fact about the Henderson, NV UID was fresh in mind. Maybe they received a tip at some point that the girl was from the east coast? Rachel and Laureen do look alike so I guess it's not surprising.

I submitted a tip regarding our Jane Doe. The Coroners Office then sent an email (along with my email address as BC) to the Detective in charge of the missing woman I submitted.

as we discussed, we received a tip from our Unidentified Persons Web Site that our Jane Doe may be your missing person Margaret Kay Holst from 1977. Attached is our Missing Person Flyer on our decedent. There are some similarities that we can not rule out except by scientific means. You indicated that you do not have any fingerprints for dental x-rays on file on your missing person. You said that you have entered her family's DNA into CODIS. As stated, we exhumed our decedent in 2003 for a dental match which ruled out Rachael Gardner. Our decedent's DNA sample has been sent to the Texas Site and hopefully will get a DNA Profile soon. We will alert them to check against your missing person.

The woman I submitted is http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2589dfne.html

This UID is being discussed on this thread as well: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69503

I've been wondering if LE thinks that this Jane Doe is from the East Coast considering that she was compared to both Rachel Garden and Laureen Rahn or if they were just checking every girl in the country who was the same age and went missing that year?

There's some info/photos of missing girls on the thread at url below that might be worth a look at. How incredibly sad.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81067

ETA To bring a photo over to this thread just right click on photo than click on 'Copy image location'. Than place the image location url in 'insert an image' when posting.

I believe this girl looks alot like this Jane Doe, although she is a bit older than estimated for the Doe, her photo is similar
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/870dfca.html
Debra Lynn Kidwell
Missing since May 4, 1979 from Ventura, Ventura County, California.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: May 27, 1952
Age at Time of Disappearance: 26 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3" (160 cm.); 120 lbs. (55 kg.)
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; hazel eyes.
Marks, Scars: Scar abdomen
Medical Conditions: Nervous condition
Dentals: Available
AKA: Debra Lynn Cronan

Circumstances of Disappearance
Kidwell was last seen May 4, 1979 in Ventura, CA.
Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Ventura County Sheriff's Office
805-654-2311
Agency Case Number: 79-07911
NCIC Number: M-047303919

Attachments

• 80-1221_clarkcounty.jpg
    80-1221_clarkcounty.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 120
  • kidwell_debra.jpg
    kidwell_debra.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 100
What about this girl: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1182dfwi.html as a match to
http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/depts/coroner/unidentified/Pages/unid_indv_80-1221.aspx The family hadn't seen her in a couple years when they reported her missing.
The eye color is right, but the height is off and so is the hair. They hadn't seen her so maybe that would explain it.
She had the letter S tattooed on her arm and the missing girls name is Suzanne.

I was posting my potential match and didn't see yours until after, I like them both, now! I suppose we'll need to wait on some feedback from the others now! But, Here's a side by side of Suzanne and JD for ya!

Attachments

• 80-1221_clarkcounty.jpg
    80-1221_clarkcounty.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 80
  • SSchultz.jpg
    SSchultz.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 222
Hi everyone,

Indigo, is there a chance you can ask for a list of rule-outs from your source??

Indigo, is there a chance you can ask for a list of rule-outs from your source??

I know this isn't a full list, but it's from an old list I have of rule-outs. I am sure more than these 2 girls have been ruled out.

Karen Lynn Zendrosky (dentals)

and

Cheryl Ann Scherer (dentals)

I know this isn't a full list, but it's from an old list I have of rule-outs. I am sure more than these 2 girls have been ruled out.

Karen Lynn Zendrosky (dentals)

and

Cheryl Ann Scherer (dentals)

Thank you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics