Scott Peterson vs. KC - Which case had/has more evidence?*POLL ADDED*

Scott Peterson vs. KC - Which case has/had more evidence in favor of the prosecution?

• Casey Anthony

Votes: 645 90.1%
  • Scott Peterson

Votes: 71 9.9%

• Total voters
There is no doubt that (with what we know for sure at this point and time) KC wins by a mile. And, we can't forget - DP is not off the table 100% yet. There is still a lot more to come - IMHO we haven't come close to seeing everything or even a small tip of what the State has to date. IMO there is a lot more to come and I am chomping at the bit to see what it is. Just human nature and we all want to see justice for Caylee. It was hard watching the hearing today, who was there to be a voice for Caylee other than our State Attorney's. It sure wasn't KC, JB, GA or CA. Well, GA at least had a Caylee button on.

Oh man... there is way more circumstantial evidence in this case over the Scott/Stacy Peterson case.

The only thing that could have made it worse for KC is if she had dyed her hair, stashed thousands of dollars on her person... and then tried to make it across the Mexican border.

There is more evidence in Caylee's case for sure, but the difference IMHO is that people find it much easier to accept, believe, comprehend a man killing his wife, even his pregnant wife than a mother killing her 2 year old daughter. Even though Laci was pregnant with his child, in fact his son, it's still something people can "accept." We hear about men killing their wives much more than mothers killing their child. Sadly, we do hear of it more and more, but people strongly believe in and connect to the mother/child bond and a mother killing her child, intentionally killing her child, especially a very young child, is just a harder thing to accept, believe, comprehend. You look for any other explination, you want to believe any other possibility. I knew SP was guilty and I accepted that pretty much right away. I know Casey did it too, right from when I heard 31 days, but I kept looking for other explinations, other possibilities, hoping just maybe there really was a Zenaida out there, it took me much longer to completely stop looking for someone, anyone other than Caylee's own mother to be the killer.

And let's not forget that SP told his mistress that his wife went missing weeks before the event. And oooohhhh those secret tapes that AF made of Scott in Paris and all over the place were soooooooo soap opera compelling.

Geesh, I was just thinking this also. I wish we had some "wired up" tapes of Casey at work. Blaming people for her situation. Bad mouthing her parents/brother. Something so obvious that her parents would be fools, by her words, for supporting her. They would have to logically take off the
blinders and join all of us who see the truth of her lies. I just don't understand them.

I think that KC's pictures at Fusion are more damning than all of SP's behavioral evidence combined! The thing is I heard on NG that they might not be able to use these pictures as evidence--is this true!? If so that is RIDIC!

I think there is a ton more evidence tying KC to Caylee's remains than there was evidence linking Scott to Lacy and Connor's remains.

However, based on what has been released, I do think the evidence supporting premeditation was stronger in the Peterson case. His claim to Amber Frey that his wife had died (while Lacy was still alive), plus his boat and cement purchases IMO strongly supported premeditation.

IMO, KC's killing of Caylee was premeditated...but from what I've seen so far the evidence is not as strong as it was in the Peterson case. In this case, it would be much easier to claim accident-then-cover-up (that is, if KC and/or her lawyers had the sense to go that route). Of course, the state may (I hope!) have a lot more than we've seen. If, for example, they are able to definitively date KC's diary entry to the post-murder time period, I think that would be very difficult for KC's team to reconcile with an accident.

Caseys has alot more evidence stacked against her IMO.

O/t I originally thought this was a "who would beat who in a cage match" If that was the case I would think that in their primes [before prison cast their gray pallors and the high carb diet ruined their physiques] I would have to have voted Casey, she seemed very scrappy. Now they both would just go at each other like sumo wrestlers, all sweaty and large. Can you tell I thought about this too much. :confused:

Actually I think that eyewitness testimoney is considered circumstantial rather than direct because of recollection issues and most testimony is given after the crime and pre trial testimoney and statements are picked apart at trial sometimes months later.
Forensic evidence will seal the deal in this case, which was sorely lacking in the Peterson case.
There is decomp and mad cell ping evidence in this case so I have no doubt that the dots will be connected.
Remeber the cell evidence in the Peterson case? That was 5 years ago.
Technology will bury Casey.

I concur with your opinion of the case, but eyewitness testimony to an actual crime is direct evidence, not CE, and it is the most erroneous form of evidence that ever existed. Especially when you're talking stranger eye witness testimony.

Oh man... there is way more circumstantial evidence in this case over the Scott/Stacy Peterson case.

The only thing that could have made it worse for KC is if she had dyed her hair, stashed thousands of dollars on her person... and then tried to make it across the Mexican border.

"Give me one more day"

IMO, these cases are very similiar in the fact that both are relying/relied on mainly circumstantial evidence. They also deal with an individual being charged with killing their loved ones (with children involved in both cases) and then claiming a kidnapping or disappearance. What bugs me is that SP got the death penalty and they are not even seeking it for KC when there is way more evidence against KC than there was Scott IMO. Agree? Disagree?
I agree that there is more evidence against KC, however, I think the reason that the State has removed the DP against KC is because they may anticipate what type of defense JB is going to play for KC. It may be easier for some jurors to give KC life than death because she may be portrayed by the defense as a young, emotionally disturbed first time mother, who maybe didn't want a baby, who was controlled by her own mother, who was immature and influenced by peers who were into partying, etc. etc., (some jurors may buy that crap, excuse me.. story). That may have been why they removed the death penalty. Personally I'm okay with that. Because I think that life in prison for her will be worse than the death penalty, JMO. There's a lot of forensic evidence against her, much more than SP, but he was charged with two deaths (LP and CP).

I fear that the state is actually scared of the "dream team". I hope that is not the reason for the DP currently not in play. KC's case has a lot more to offer than SP's did.

Lots more smaller evidence with KC than SP but the evidence was larger episodes it seemed to me with SP. Fishing on Christmas morning, the secret boat, the market umbrellas, watching the searchers on the Bay; it just seems the investigators have more work on their hands with puzzle pieces with KC than SP. I don't care if KC lives to be 100 in jail - so long as she's never a free woman.

I don't know all of the details in the SP case, but in regards to the KC case I think they have enough to convict her. The other side of my brain says all the defense has to do is create reasonable doubt in one juror and she can get off. But then again with all the evidence against her what kind of doubt could possibly be presented that she did not kill her child.

Casey has more evidence against her.

I think the DP will be brought back. They have no reason to 'show their cards now' as Bumbling Baez would say. I think they want to keep Baez on the job as long as they can. He gives them some much needed laughter in such a horrible case.

While I agree that there is more evidence against Casey, the simple fact is she's female and a (edit: former) mother. Regardless of quantity and quality of evidence, a story of man killing a pregnant wife is just universally far easier for a jury to acccept and punish, than a young woman killing her toddler daughter.

I disagree completely. Both cases essentially come down to a parent murdering his/her child. Nope, don't buy it.

Sorry to be petty but wanted to point out her name was Laci.
I know there is a different case with a different Stacey Peterson.

The one fact that immediately leaps to mind as different between Scott Peterson and KC is this:

The likelihood of a wife going jogging and not reported missing for a few hours is high... in fact LE would probably not act on it immediately.

The likelihood of a 3 year old child missing for a month and unreported is miniscule.

IMO.. When LE heard the words "a month" the case against KC began building from that moment, and after following up on her story / debunking her trail of lies, all efforts not focused on Kaylee's recovery were focused on gathering evidence against KC.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back