PA PA - Toni Sharpless, 29, Gladwyne, 23 Aug 2009

I want to note the photo of Danielle and Toni look an awful lot alike. :eek:
1341607.jpg
=========================================

They do look a lot alike.
Hmm.

I've started a map of places Toni visited on the night she went missing as well as a potential route home from the house party. The map is public access so feel free to update as more news surfaces.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=108634223982490658038.000473294b3ff76b8d445&t=h&ll=40.044963,-75.343552&spn=0.941977,1.755066&z=9

An alternate route, which would be a little shorter, would be to get on the Turnpike at Valley Forge instead of getting on 202. She would take it to the next exit and then various back roads to her house.

But it seems unlikely that she got that far.

I am kind of appalled that she drove around as much as she did and waited until 3 am to get gas. Not good judgment.

An alternate route, which would be a little shorter, would be to get on the Turnpike at Valley Forge instead of getting on 202. She would take it to the next exit and then various back roads to her house.

But it seems unlikely that she got that far.

I am kind of appalled that she drove around as much as she did and waited until 3 am to get gas. Not good judgment.

I've added the closest gas stations I could find on the map. There is a shell very close to the house party location on Conshocken Hwy.

I've added the closest gas stations I could find on the map. There is a shell very close to the house party location on Conshocken Hwy.

I don't believe it is open all night. It is a real little old-fashioned place in the village, IIRC. The most likely places to get gas late at night around here are the 7-11 or Wawa convenience stores. The Wawa's closest to the party are old ones, though, that don't have pumps. I think her best bet would have been in Conshohocken.

On the WPVI comments page, there are people suggesting that the friend still hasn't come clean and that she is protecting someone. I think this is entirely possible and that Toni and her car were forcibly taken to another location as she left the party.

Where did it say she didn't get gas at all during her travels or that she got it when she left the party after 3am?

Where did it say she didn't get gas at all during her travels or that she got it when she left the party after 3am?

The friend allegedly reported it. See article link in luthersmama's post #55 above.

The friend allegedly reported it. See article link in luthersmama's post #55 above.

Thanks! I must have missed it when I was reading everything over yesturday. You know what I was wondering.. does google earth have the capabilities to let you choose a date and time to see a particular area and then maybe we can zoom in on it close enough to maybe see her car at approx. 3am to see which way she was heading and maybe where her car disappears? I know this sounds a little odd, but I was looking over her supposed route to see if there were any guardrails damaged or anything that looked odd through google maps since I don't have google earth at work, and it dawned on me that if we can look to see if we can see her car at approx. the time its said she left we may be able to track her car until it disappears.. Does that make sense?

Thanks! I must have missed it when I was reading everything over yesturday. You know what I was wondering.. does google earth have the capabilities to let you choose a date and time to see a particular area and then maybe we can zoom in on it close enough to maybe see her car at approx. 3am to see which way she was heading and maybe where her car disappears? I know this sounds a little odd, but I was looking over her supposed route to see if there were any guardrails damaged or anything that looked odd through google maps since I don't have google earth at work, and it dawned on me that if we can look to see if we can see her car at approx. the time its said she left we may be able to track her car until it disappears.. Does that make sense?

Unfortunately google has nothing that recent to view. Heck, if so I probably could have busted my cheating ex- husband several times. Sorry now back on topic.

===============================================

It just sounds more and more like maybe she went into the river.

If she was getting sick or dizzy, she may have tried to pull off the road.

Or maybe turn back to the house where the party was.

I am a little unclear if Toni told Krystal to get out or if Crystal demanded to get out because of Toni's driving.
Might make a difference, if Toni was mad because of Crystal demanding to get out of the car, she might have been driving fast, leading to some kind of accident.

ITA. The river is definitely sounding like the best place to look right now. If she was a little drunk, and unfamiliar with the area, she may have thought she could get on the Schuylkill by using Hollow Road. The text that supposedly came from the Schuylkill Expressway, could easily have been made from under it, or near it, and would give the impression that she was on the Expressway.

In addition, if she had used SR 0023 to go North towards Conshohocken, she would encounter a very difficult curve that runs off into a very steep embankment right before SR 0023 intersects with Mill Creek Road.

ETA: Here is a picture showing the drop off from this curve. I've driven it many times and it is an EXTREMELY difficult turn to navigate. This picture was taken without leaves, but now this whole area would be very densely covered in foliage.

sr0023curve.jpg

ITA. The river is definitely sounding like the best place to look right now. If she was a little drunk, and unfamiliar with the area, she may have thought she could get on the Schuylkill by using Hollow Road. The text that supposedly came from the Schuylkill Expressway, could easily have been made from under it, or near it, and would give the impression that she was on the Expressway.

In addition, if she had used SR 0023 to go North towards Conshohocken, she would encounter a very difficult curve that runs off into a very steep embankment right before SR 0023 intersects with Mill Creek Road.

ETA: Here is a picture showing the drop off from this curve. I've driven it many times and it is an EXTREMELY difficult turn to navigate. This picture was taken without leaves, but now this whole area would be very densely covered in foliage.

sr0023curve.jpg

I was looking at that very turn yesterday when I actually traced the route from the street view. Here is a picture of the curve from the street view...

picture.php

Here is a close up of the Conshocken curve that shows a pretty wide gap (I drew a line) between where one guardrail stops and the other one starts. The drop off here is very steep as well.

picture.php

Texas Equusearch will be searching, per their website, today at Schuykill River near Haverford Ave. They are starting at Flat Rock Park at River Road. Is this close to the map just posted?

Texas Equusearch will be searching, per their website, today at Schuykill River near Haverford Ave. They are starting at Flat Rock Park at River Road. Is this close to the map just posted?

I added the approx. Location of the TES search to the map as well as marked the area searched by her friend Gigi and others yesterday.

There are so many different ways she could have gone home - and so many of the roads are lined with dense folliage or the river. If she was drunk she may have thought to take back roads home through Conshe - rather than risk the major roads and cops.

My thoughts are she probably did more than just drink at this party... maybe didn't realize how bad she was until she was driving on a back road and at that point too late... no place to pull over and if sh tried she could be off the side of a road someplace and not visible at all from the road.

We are all working off the basis that she left the party alive with the friend who she'd known for many years but the parents say she didn't really socialize with.

Although we hope that's the case I also consider something drug related might have gone wrong at the party and needed to be covered up because of the pro ball player's sake.

Has anyone heard if the party house has been searched?

The house party was at the residence of Willie Green, Jr. It was purchased by him on 08-14-06 for $780,000. The last google image is 2007 and shows the large pool behind the house to appear murky and black, unlike surrounding houses with blue clear pools.

Although I can't say the state of the pool at the time of the party I have a feeling the pool should be searched and cadaver dogs taken through that property to rule out death at the party.

Furthermore Green's salary with the 76ers last year was $3 million dollars vs. The meager $600 thousand in 2004-2005. I'm surprised he hadn't upgraded houses since 2006.

We are all working off the basis that she left the party alive with the friend who she'd known for many years but the parents say she didn't really socialize with.

Although we hope that's the case I also consider something drug related might have gone wrong at the party and needed to be covered up because of the pro ball player's sake.

Has anyone heard if the party house has been searched?

I think it is entirely possible that she died of an overdose at the party and she and her car were dumped in some awful part of North Philadelphia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back