Still Missing CA - Michaela Garecht, 9, Hayward, 19 Nov 1988 *ARREST*

They were talking about Michaela on Anderson Cooper last night in conjunction with Garrido. The circumstances and the composites are very similar.

I have a gut feeling That PG did kidnapped Michaelsa.God I hope I am right.Where she went missing I lived 2 miles away at the time.All I want for her family is closer.

PG's mug shot from that time is almost dead on with the composit! They also found a bone fragment in the yard next door and it has been identified as human, DNA is pending.

I was a new father when Michaela was kidnapped and it has been something that has stayed with me ever since. Just seeing her picture gets me really upset and it forever changed how I watched my own kids. When i heard that a woman was found alive after 18 years Michaela was the first person that popped into my head......I have to admit that as happy as i am for the Dugard family, I was equally dissapointed that it wasnt Michaela that was found. Maybe someday!

Michaela's mother, Sharon Murch, will be speaking about the case next Monday. From her website:

"San Mateo Mothers Club

[FONT=georgia,palatino]September 14, 2009[/FONT]
I will be speaking on September 14th at 7:00 p.m. at the San Mateo Mothers Club on the subject of child safety. This event is open to the public. Location: Parents Place, 2001 Winward Way, San Mateo, CA."

If you live in the Bay Area and can make it, it would be nice if you could attend and show your support for this family.

wow is it just me or does this little girl look ALOT like jaycee dugard did?

Wonder how long the DNA test will take? I hope there are answers to this ordeal!

One of the earlier posts indicates a palm print was lifted from Michaela's scooter. Surely LE could have that palm print compared to PG's palm print, no? I also agree PGs' composite looks spot on to the suspect in MG's case.

If the palm print from the scooter matches up with Garrido, then he is the guy. The DNA test on the bone fragment, if it matches up with any missing person, would give a definitive answer as to that person's fate.

I saw on Sharon Murch's blog that the Hayward PD and the FBI are in overdrive looking into these possibilities concerning Michaela. I am sure that all aspects are being examined.

Thanks for the info LinasK! I have internet chatted with Michaela's mom through MySpace a couple times and she actually tried to join WS so she could post on this thread but her email address kept getting denied :(

Michaela and I were/are the same age. I have always been interested in her case. It would awesome for it to get rolling again.

I had the same problem trying to join WS through my email address on hotmail. When I joined through my yahoo it went right through. Tell Michaelas Mom to try a yahoo address! I still am unable to view any links to WS photos however.

Two points:

The composite drawing of the kidnapper of Michaela Garecht and Johnny Gosch are EXACT matches and on JG website it says his name is Tony. To me this has to be more than a coincidence. Can any of you long time WS experts tell me if/how/when this has been explored and why with this much information this person has never been found or questioned?

One of PG neighbors said she saw 5 or 6 blond haired girls in the back yard. Do you this may involve Anna Waters, who would have been a young adult at the time, Michaela Garecht and maybe other kidnap victims from the bay area? Also, the two people in the butterscotch colored car that was dented in front closely match the couple from the AW incidence the brother described, except for the license plate.

I am new to this, having never realized how many children are kidnapped, victimized and killed every year in the US. Totally unacceptable and horribly atrocious. In looking into this I am even more shocked as I lived in the East Bay area all my life until a couple of years ago. My daughter was born in 1984 and I always watched her carefully as I was fearful of the kidnappings that took place around us. I pray for closure for the families and that they have a answers to their questions.

As for the members of this forum, YOU ROCK!:blowkiss:

The composite drawing of the kidnapper of Michaela Garecht and Johnny Gosch are EXACT matches and on JG website it says his name is Tony. To me this has to be more than a coincidence. Can any of you long time WS experts tell me if/how/when this has been explored and why with this much information this person has never been found or questioned?

I am working on it. Various witnesses to the Gosch saga have given two different last names for "Tony". The first name given to me actually checked to match a real person with certain facts that pointed toward this being a good lead and was passed on to LE, but later info about the source of the last name has left me wondering if I had been hoaxed. Two closer witnesses gave me a different name (but the same info from both). I have yet to find this person, but I suspect that this may the infamous Tony. However, I have come to believe that the Tony from the Gosch case may not be the same person as the kidnapper of Michaela, though both perps may look very similar. I honestly believe that Garrido is Michaela's abductor.

One of PG neighbors said she saw 5 or 6 blond haired girls in the back yard. Do you this may involve Anna Waters, who would have been a young adult at the time, Michaela Garecht and maybe other kidnap victims from the bay area? Also, the two people in the butterscotch colored car that was dented in front closely match the couple from the AW incidence the brother described, except for the license plate.

Anything is possible, but Philip and Nacy Garrido did not meet until about a decade after Anna's disappearance. It is possible that Garrido may have had a different female accomplaice in 1973, but that is unknown at this time. Also, the car that was used in the Garecht kidnapping and the car found on Garrido's property are both 1980's models - Anna disappeared in 1973 so any similarity is just coincidence.

BTW: I honestly do not know what is happening, but I have been told by a source very knowledgable of the Garecht case to watch the news this week for an important announcement!

(Your guess is as good as mine.)

Thank you for addressing my blunders! Again I am new to this and unfortunately didn't take it that one step further.
I will be watching for any new news. Bye the way, I did some more research on PG and have you seen his picture with longer hair? At one time he wore it right below his shoulders.

BTW: I honestly do not know what is happening, but I have been told by a source very knowledgable of the Garecht case to watch the news this week for an important announcement!

(Your guess is as good as mine.)
:eek: ooh wow...I'll be watching the news closely!

Thank you for addressing my blunders!
Again I am new to this and unfortunately didn't take it that one step further.

I hope that it did not seem that I was jumping on any blunders - that was not my intention. It was just that many of us had the same thoughts about Phil and Nancy Garrido, but later discovered the timeline would not allow for Nancy to have been involved. Not a blunder on your part, just letting you know what we found along those lines. I appreciate that you thought of Anna when hearing about this guy.

I will be watching for any new news. Bye the way, I did some more research on PG and have you seen his picture with longer hair? At one time he wore it right below his shoulders.

It is eerily similar to the composite.

I hope that it did not seem that I was jumping on any blunders - that was not my intention. It was just that many of us had the same thoughts about Phil and Nancy Garrido, but later discovered the timeline would not allow for Nancy to have been involved.m Not a blunder on your part, just letting you know what we found along those lines. I appreciate that you thought of Anna when hearing about this guy.

It is eerily similar to the composite.
BBM. And yet, because of the similarities of the car, Hayward and Dublin PD are back searching the Garrido backyard, as we speak. There was a press conference on CNN, and Garrido was out on parole when both girls went missing...

Sharon Murch's comments on her website about the search:

"Hayward Investigators Searching Garrido Property
September 15, 2009
[FONT=georgia,palatino]This morning Hayward Police Department investigators are beginning a search of the Garrido property for evidence that may link the Garridos to Michaela's kidnapping. Although this property has been searched by a couple of different agencies, their searches have been in connection with other cases. This search will be specifically for evidence linking Garrido to Michaela. Also taking part is the Dublin Police Department, looking for evidence regarding Ilene Misheloff, who disappeared from Dublin, California, two months after Michaela was kidnapped. I believe that this search will be as thorough as any search could possibly be, and I will tell you that I believe our investigators are absolutely the best. If there is anything to find, they will find it. I can only hope and pray that it is a positive resolution."[/FONT]

A palm print. I'm still not sure it's him.....but now learning he has ties to an auto -crushing/wrecking business, so he could have easily gotten rid of the car. He could look like the sketch. He lived close enough. He was out and about. Both Jaycee and Michaela had similar looks. Maybe...just maybe closure will be found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back