Haunting Evidence: JonBenet Ramsey

Do you believe in these 2, and the psychic/paranormal evidence?

• Total voters
how did they botch it?

btw do they see themselves as real or professional psychics or just entertainers?

http://www.skepdic.com/news/newsletter70.html

Just thought you might like to scan over this article on the psychic investigators in Haunting Evidence/Tara Grinstead, etc.

I have studied/followed Tara's case from the beginning. The Haunting Evidence "Team" portray themselves as entering each case 'cold' and
ascertain their information relating to each case as coming from the use of their 'gifts' and 'abilities'.

I'm not going to get involved in the specifics of Tara's case on JonBenet's forum, but you can go to Tara's forum here at WS and read up on Tara's case. You can watch the Haunting Evidence episode devoted to her case for yourself in television re-run, online clips, or read transcripts. You can google 'Haunting Evidence Tara Grinstead' and see the messageboard comments from other people who closely follow Tara's case. There, you can read their responses to this particular episode of Haunting Evidence. You can also google each psychic's individual name and locate their personal website to additionally help you formulate your opinion as to their credibility as "a psychic". (I did this myself quite a long time ago...)

If you choose to do all this, I have no doubt that you will agree with me that these people, in this show, come off as being a COMPLETE farce. They are not merely 'entertaining', rather, they are totally laughable.

In my opinion these people and this show actually give gifted "psychics" a 'bad name'.

There are certainly some incredibly prescient people. Whether their talent derives from a super-developed subconscious or some more ethereal quality is debatable but they do exist. There are thousands of charlatans, though, and I suspect that they comprise the main body of those claiming to be able to solve crimes.

Having said that, I do think it would be useful for police to engage with psychics on homicide cases, if only to keep the discussion going and to get a fresh eye - you never quite know where the random comment will come from that will fire the synapses and provide the eureka! moment.

It's a slightly different thing but I always think of that astrologer who predicted Ted Bundy's last Washington murders. The information wasn't used and it wouldn't have helped find Bundy but it does give you pause to think that she was ridiculed in some circles....

I done told you my belief in this,now would you be fighting this point if the pyschics was RDI...Now on these shows the only thing comes to mind is hollywood movies and special effects and really to believe I can the old saying is coming I have to see and hear it for myself...And what I mean by that is being there personally not u tube

This "psychic" wasn't talking to JB's "ghost". JB is not a ghost. She isn't trapped. She has moved on. That is what I was trying to explain before on another thread. There is a difference between ghosts and spirit visitors.
ANY deceased person can visit here anytime they wish. Ghosts never left in the first place.
Psychics are not always Mediums. A psychic gets impressions from people, places and objects, often getting a mental image of events attached to them.
But a Medium can talk to the dead. Big difference. Even with that, some Mediums are clairvoyant (see the dead), some are clairaudient (hear the dead) and some are clairsentient (sense the dead or have sensibilities of other dimensions). Some are all three.
There are a lot of fakes around, too.

This "psychic" wasn't talking to JB's "ghost". JB is not a ghost. She isn't trapped. She has moved on. That is what I was trying to explain before on another thread. There is a difference between ghosts and spirit visitors.
ANY deceased person can visit here anytime they wish. Ghosts never left in the first place.
Psychics are not always Mediums. A psychic gets impressions from people, places and objects, often getting a mental image of events attached to them.
But a Medium can talk to the dead. Big difference. Even with that, some Mediums are clairvoyant (see the dead), some are clairaudient (hear the dead) and some are clairsentient (sense the dead or have sensibilities of other dimensions). Some are all three.
There are a lot of fakes around, too.

So when I dream of my cat is she a ghost or spirit visitor?

So what do you think of medium John J. Oliver and paranormal investigator Patrick Burns electronic voice recording of JB saying Hello?

So when I dream of my cat is she a ghost or spirit visitor?

So what do you think of medium John J. Oliver and paranormal investigator Patrick Burns electronic voice recording of JB saying Hello?

Your cat is a spirit visitor. Animals never become ghosts when they die. PM me if you need to know why.
While I do believe in EVP (electronic voice phenomena) I couldn't say without being there whether the voice was JB's. Keep in mind we are looking at a TV representation of the event. We don't know if the playback is actually what was recorded, or has been produced for the show.
All spirits, being pure energy themselves, can and do use any type of electrical or magnetic force simply because they can more easily communicate that way. JB has no real voice anymore because she no longer has the physical apparatus for speech. Could she communicate on a tape recorder like that? Yes. Would she? Possibly. Is that really her "voice"? I'd have to sure the tape was recorded and played back immediately after and not altered in anyway.

Your cat is a spirit visitor. Animals never become ghosts when they die. PM me if you need to know why.
While I do believe in EVP (electronic voice phenomena) I couldn't say without being there whether the voice was JB's. Keep in mind we are looking at a TV representation of the event. We don't know if the playback is actually what was recorded, or has been produced for the show.
All spirits, being pure energy themselves, can and do use any type of electrical or magnetic force simply because they can more easily communicate that way. JB has no real voice anymore because she no longer has the physical apparatus for speech. Could she communicate on a tape recorder like that? Yes. Would she? Possibly. Is that really her "voice"? I'd have to sure the tape was recorded and played back immediately after and not altered in anyway.

thanks about my cat -- i infer ghosts require something unjust happen to them.

If the show did not alter EVP in any way, would JB's spirit visitor have any reason to say hello to these trio of psychics/mediums and their IDI theory?

thanks about my cat -- i infer ghosts require something unjust happen to them.

If the show did not alter EVP in any way, would JB's spirit visitor have any reason to say hello to these trio of psychics/mediums and their IDI theory?

Ghosts don't necessarily require anything unjust to have happened. There are many reason why someone won't complete their transition. Whatever their reason, that was not JB's problem. She did not and does not need to hang around to see justice done. She knows it will be done. And we need to accept that it might not be here.
Would she "say hello?" Maybe. She'd know they were trying to contact her and the magnetic tape makes it possible. Did she? I don't really think so.
In other words, it is entirely possible for the dead to communicate that way. But I don't think she did.

Ghosts don't necessarily require anything unjust to have happened. There are many reason why someone won't complete their transition. Whatever their reason, that was not JB's problem. She did not and does not need to hang around to see justice done. She knows it will be done. And we need to accept that it might not be here.
Would she "say hello?" Maybe. She'd know they were trying to contact her and the magnetic tape makes it possible. Did she? I don't really think so.
In other words, it is entirely possible for the dead to communicate that way. But I don't think she did.

So what do you think of medium John J. Oliver -- evidentally JB's spirit told him IDI

I am mocking cheap entertainment yeah........wonder why one of the 3 is making hollywood clips now?duh

Thank you for advoiding my question would believe a psychic if they said A Ramsey did it...

But ask the psyhic how did PR and BR fingerprints got on the bowl?
Also ask why JR said JonBenet would had never walked downstairs by herself...Maybe they can answer more questions that we don't know

bold by me

Just a guess here, but since they both did live in the house, I would imagine their fingerprints would be on lots of stuff. I'd be more surprised if their fingerprints weren't on the bowl.

ROFL
It was Lou Smit's "spirit" who told him that!

Sorry, not trying to be nasty, but I cannot understand why people continutally berate Lou Smit just because they don't agree with him. He has been a homicide investigator (and from what I gather a rather good one) for, I don't know, how many years? People may not always agree with him, but since he is an expert in his field I think at the very least his opinions and ideas could be considered. I have read posts from people calling him everything from "nut job" to wishing him dead just because they don't agree with him. Not accusing anyone of course, but when I read posts where people are berating him, I just want to ask them "how many years have you been actively investigating homicides"?

ROFL
It was Lou Smit's "spirit" who told him that!

No kidding! Doesn't take a psychic to figure THAT out.

"Call Ghostbusters. We are ready to believe you!" LOL

voynich said:
Mock on all you want,

madeleine, you heard the man!

voynich said:
but where's the RDI re-enactment? :banghead:

I think Sophie answered that one well. On a personal note, some of us have talked about making our own documentary with a re-enactment in it. Trouble is, we have no idea where to start.

Sorry, not trying to be nasty, but I cannot understand why people continutally berate Lou Smit just because they don't agree with him.

Actually, we DON'T berate him because we don't agree with him. We berate him for the way he destroyed his own credibility by making he EGO more important than justice.

He has been a homicide investigator (and from what I gather a rather good one) for, I don't know, how many years?

From what I gather, 1) he was as good as the teams he was on; 2) most of the perps he investigated were dumb trailer trash, a far cry from what he up against here.

People may not always agree with him, but since he is an expert in his field I think at the very least his opinions and ideas could be considered.

I HAVE considered them. A multitude of things have forced me to reject them!

bold by me

Just a guess here, but since they both did live in the house, I would imagine their fingerprints would be on lots of stuff. I'd be more surprised if their fingerprints weren't on the bowl.

The point is PR said she didn't know where the bowl came from that it wasn't theirs...And BR recogonized the bowl...

No kidding! Doesn't take a psychic to figure THAT out.

"Call Ghostbusters. We are ready to believe you!" LOL

I think Sophie answered that one well. On a personal note, some of us have talked about making our own documentary with a re-enactment in it. Trouble is, we have no idea where to start.

Okay, in all seriousness:

1) If we seem hard on these paranormalists (or whatever the term is), it helps to remember that ever since they settled a lawsuit with the Rs a few years ago, TruTv has been little more than an unpaid propaganda outfit for the Rs. Even leaving aside what angelwngs has said, when you have a show like this where Lou Smit and Michael Tracey have such HEAVY creative control over it, that creates a SERIOUS credibility issue. I can only assume that's what madeleine meant by her comment. It's certainly not unthinkable that Tracey and Smit did a selljob on a lot of different psychics until they found some who agreed with them, is it? I mean, you don't REALLY think that they're going to air a show that they produced where the psychics would disagree with them, do you?

2) As for an RDI re-enactment, what I said was true. Nothing would please me more than to produce a documentary of our own. But even if it COULD happen, I'm just plain NOT comfortable with the idea, as I imagine most other people wouldn't be. For my money, Sophie is right: the idea that a parent could do this is a HELL of a lot scarier than ANY intruder scenario, and for a couple of reasons. It just rocks the comfort zone of too many people. And while I honestly think that teaching people the hard lessons for a hard world is a good thing (I have to believe that, otherwise I'd have never written the book), I fear that sensationalism would overtake anything serious that we were trying to discuss. Personally, I think that's the problem with this show: it's little more than cheap entertainment; sensationalism for its own sake.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back