IL - Dana Hayes, 35, Park Forest, 25 Jan 2010

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/01/park-forest-police-dana-hayes-missing.html

January 28, 2010 4:46 PM

Park Forest police are searching for a missing woman who was last seen on Monday morning when she left her home and dropped her son off at Rich East High School in the 300 block of Sauk Trail in Park Forest.

After Dana Hayes, 35, failed to show up for work Monday morning, investigators learned her license plates were run for an unknown reason by the South Holland Police Department shortly after she dropped her son off, Park Forest Deputy Chief Mike McNamara said today.

"We learned from family members that it is totally out of character for Ms. Hayes to miss work or leave without notifying her son or any other relatives," McNamara said. "At this point we consider Ms. Hayes to be an endangered missing person."

Hayes was driving a four-door 2005 Silver Kia Spectra with Illinois license plate numbers A273099 and a Masonic Placard on the trunk lid with the letters OES printed in the center, police said.

Hayes is described as a 5-foot-2 African-American weighing 135 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. The South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force is assisting in the search for Hayes, police said.

Anyone who might have information on her whereabouts or the location of her vehicle is urged to contact Detective Brian Rzyski or Deputy Chief Mike McNamara at 708-748-1309 or 708-748-8390.

-- Wendy Normandy

dana-hayes125.jpg

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/2019543,013010pfmissing.article

January 30, 2010
BY JOHN K. RYAN

The car owned by a missing Park Forest woman was found Thursday night in Harvey, but there were no signs of foul play, police said.

Dana Hayes, 35, of the 3400 block of Western Avenue, has not been heard from since she dropped her son off Monday morning at Rich East High School in Park Forest.

Her cell phone has not been used since Monday.

Her 2005 Kia Spectra was found about 8 p.m. near a road construction area along 159th Street by the Metra viaduct, Park Forest Deputy Police Chief Mike McNamara said.

He said it was not clear why the car was abandoned or why Hayes drove to Harvey, where she apparently had no connections.

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/2024017,020210PFmissing.article

Former boyfriend in court on charges of attempted murder in 2007

February 2, 2010
BY CASEY TONER

The 33-year-old former boyfriend of a missing Park Forest woman is in police custody for questioning.

Terrence Coulter, 14800 Kenwood Ave., Dolton, was picked up Monday night in Harvey by Park Forest detectives and members of the South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force, police said.

Dana Hayes, 35, of Park Forest, has been missing since Jan. 25. Her car was found three days later in Harvey.

Park Forest Deputy Chief Mike McNamara said charges are expected to be filed against Coulter, although he would not say if the charges would be in connection with the disappearance of Dana Hayes, 35.

http://www.southtownstar.com/neighborhoodstar/matteson/2029674,body-parts-0204.article

February 4, 2010
SUN-TIMES MEDIA WIRE

Body parts found on Chicago's Southwest Side belonged to a black female, but investigators are so far unable to say if the remains are those of Dana Hayes, the Park Forest woman missing since Jan. 25.

Park Forest Deputy Police Chief Mike McNamara said investigators are looking into the possibility remains found in bags in a trash bin near 81st Street and Western Avenue on Wednesday are those of Dana Hayes, a 35-year-old woman reported missing 11 days ago.

Missing woman last seen with man accused of trying to kill her

February 9, 2010 3:48 PM

A south suburban woman missing since Jan. 25 was last seen at a South Holland motel with a man who is accused of trying to kill her two years ago, family members said today.

It's not clear, though, whether Dana Hayes, 35, and Terrence Coulter, 33, whose trial was set to begin today for allegedly trying to beat and stab Hayes to death, were rekindling their longtime relationship or whether foul play might have been involved, family members said.

<snip>
Coulter allegedly stabbed Hayes, of Park Forest, on Nov. 18, 2007, more than a dozen times about her head, neck and torso with a knife typically used for peeling fruits and vegetables, according to family members and court records. The incident took place in an alley in the 14500 block of South La Salle Street in Riverdale, records show.

Coulter, of the 14000 block of Kenwood Avenue in Dolton, was charged with attempted first-degree murder and four aggravated battery charges, court records show.

The couple had a history of domestic violence, and before the stabbing they were driving around talking about their relationship, Riverdale Det. Sgt. Rocky Graziano said.

"That's when I guess he wasn't getting any answers from her and he pulled into the alley at random," Graziano said. "She was screaming, and people who live in that area over there heard the screams and came out of their houses. If those people didn't come out, she probably would've been dead."

<Snip>

They were spotted that same day at the Star Lite Motel, 466 W.162nd St., in South Holland, then left at the same time in different cars, Thomas said. No one has reported seeing Hayes since, her family said.

much much more at link. I would have loved to post the entire article. A must read.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/02/missing-woman-last-seen-with-man-accused-of-trying-to-kill-her.html

I'm afraid due to her conflict she really wanted to try and peacefully work things out with this man. Clearly she cared for him despite his abusive ways. It saddens me deeply to think he lost control again. I'd like to know if LE actually verified it was Dana seen leaving that hotel with Coulter or did he perhaps set this up to lure her there to avoid her testimony against him and had someone there to drive the car away. Or, did they plan to meet someplace else after the motel and lost control there?

Link to the 'information and family support' thread here at WS.
IL - Dana Hayes - 35 years old - Park Forest - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

More media articles at above link.

I'm afraid it is going to be Dana that was found in those bags on the south side. I haven't looked yet were the location of the alley is in relation to this motel or the perp who likely murdered her lives.

My heart breaks for Danas son and family. Prayers sent out for them.

and why did his trial take two years to start? he is just NOW being tried for stabbing her how many times in 2007? :furious: How did he make bond? Why was he out?

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...n-with-man-accused-of-trying-to-kill-her.html

Missing woman last seen with man accused of trying to kill her
February 9, 2010 3:48 PM

A south suburban woman missing since Jan. 25 was last seen at a South Holland motel with a man who is accused of trying to kill her two years ago, family members said today.

It's not clear, though, whether Dana Hayes, 35, and Terrence Coulter, 33, whose trial was set to begin today for allegedly trying to beat and stab Hayes to death, were rekindling their longtime relationship or whether foul play might have been involved, family members said.

Hayes' sister, Angel, said Hayes has been conflicted about testifying against Coulter, who she dated on-and-off for about 13 years. They also had a daughter, who died about 10 years ago when she was 18 months old, Angel Hayes said.

and why did his trial take two years to start? he is just NOW being tried for stabbing her how many times in 2007? :furious: How did he make bond? Why was he out?

<snip>
The ex-boyfriend, Terrence Coulter, 35, was charged Wednesday on a felony charge of possession of a firearm without a valid Firearm Owner’s Identification card. He was also charged with a misdemeanor violation of an order of protection when he allegedly failed to surrender the weapon when he was arrested in the Riverdale stabbing incident, according to police.

http://www.enewspf.com/index.php?op...-still-missing&catid=88888909&Itemid=88888905

They just now noticed he didn't surrender his handgun??!!!

Heaven help Dana-- it looks as tho everyone else failed her. :(

http://www.examiner.com/x-7520-Chic...ts-on-body-parts-found-in-South-Side-dumpster

February 9, 2:12 PM Chicago Crime Examiner Deborah O'Malley

Investigators are awaiting DNA testing on body parts found in a garbage dumpster on Chicago's Southwest Side last week.

DNA testing is underway to determine if the parts could be those of Dana Hayes, 35. Park Forest Deputy Chief Mike McNamara said today test results will be available in about a week.

The Cook County Medical Examiner's officer determined the parts, primarily portions of lower extremities, belong to those of a black female.

~~snipped from the article in post #1 - BBM

After the incident, Hayes and her son were granted an order of protection against Coulter. The order was set to last the span of the case, records show. In her protection order petition, Hayes said her injuries required surgery and she feared future abuse. As a result of the alleged attack, Hayes has a metal tube in her neck to help blood flow through the carotid artery, family members said.

I don't know how he got Dana to the motel, but I don't believe for one second she went there on her own. Stabbed 12 times with a paring knife, surgery, and he is riding around in his car in posession of a gun?? :eek: Illinois has to be one of the worst!

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/2039009,021010coulter1.article

Trial on stabbing charges delayed
Comments

February 10, 2010
BY AMY LEE

Each time the phone rings, a new wave of fear grips Anjanette Hayes, whose younger sister, Dana, has been missing for more than two weeks.

"I'm scared to answer my phone. It's like, 'Is there hope? Is there hope?' But nothing," Hayes said Tuesday.

"People call to see what's going on and how we're doing, but not her. And she's the only one we want to hear from."

The Hayes family can only wait and hope for news on Dana, whose family last saw her shortly before noon on Jan. 25 when she dropped off her 16-year-old son at her Park Forest home. Her car, a 2005 Kia Spectra, was found Jan. 28 along 159th Street near the Metra railroad viaduct in Harvey. There were no signs of foul play or forced entry.

bumping for Dana. Hoping she is somewhere in hiding, though sadly I don't think this will end well. Shame on Illinois for not having this man behind bars a long long time ago!

Body parts found in a [URL="http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/neighborhoods.html?region=1435491"]Chicago[/URL] trash bin earlier this month do not belong to missing Park Forest woman Dana Hayes, authorities have confirmed through DNA testing.

more at link:

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...ts-found-on-s-side-not-park-forest-woman.html

At least this gives hope Dana is still alive and maybe in hiding somewhere. Now I am wondering if her ex that she was to testify against, somehow convinced her to not testify against him. Maybe threatened both her life and her sons life, even getting someone else to do it, or told her he would.

I read somewhere the trial for Coulter stabbing her has been delayed since she is missing. I wonder if they will now resume the trial since they know this UID is not Dana or the trial will be on hold indefinately while she is missing. Maybe they were waiting for the results of the dna test?

Praying for Dana's safe return.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7300784

Friday, February 26, 2010
Leah Hope

February 26, 2010 (WLS) -- Dana Hayes of Park Forest disappeared just before she was scheduled to testify against her former boyfriend who is accused of trying to kill her.

Her family is holding on to the hope that Hayes will be found alive. The family has put on a good front, but they are hurting.

"It's real stressful. Because if anyone knows Dana, it's not like her to just disappear," said Dorsey Hayes, brother.

Hayes is 35 years old, a mother of a teenage son and a matron in the Eastern Stars Organization. She was planning the organization's gala next month, but she has not been seen or heard from by her family in a month.

http://www.wbbm780.com/Family-of-missing-woman-to-view-body-found-in-Thor/6641969

Posted: Tuesday, 23 March 2010 5:15PM

THORNTON, Ill. (STMW) -- The family of a missing south suburban woman was headed to Thornton on Tuesday afternoon to see if a body found along a road there was that of Dana Hayes, the SouthtownStar is reporting.

The body of a black woman was discovered about 10 a.m. by workers from the Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago, who were performing routine maintenance inspections along a utility right-of-way in the 300 block of Armory Drive, authorities said.

Investigators have determined a woman whose remains were discovered Tuesday in a field in Thornton died from multiple blunt-force injuries, the Cook County medical examiner's office said today.
The death was ruled a homicide, but her identity remains a mystery. The body was badly decomposed, and it is unclear how long it will take for authorities to make an identification.
Family members of Dana Hayes, a single mother from Park Forest who has been missing for two months, told the SouthtownStar they&#8217;re waiting to hear whether the body is Dana&#8217;s. The clothing on the body found in Thornton matches the tan sweater, and black coat, pants and boots Hayes wore on Jan. 25, the day she disappeared, according to several family members.

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/2119696,032410bodyfound.article

Oh no, I was holding out hope for Dana. It sounds as if the family is just awaiting official confirmation.

God Bless Dana, her family and her son. Keeping them in my prayers during these agonizing hours awaiting word.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopyxxoo31
Back