Social Groups

I want to thank you . That is a great post.

If your point of view goes against what most people view as logical thought process then you will be questioned and you will have to explain why you are looking at a situation so differently.

Like said, if you feel posters are being rude then report it but you can't expect us to keep you from getting your feelings hurt.

When the prosecution charges a person with the murder of a child as they have in the Anthony case it is logical that the majority of the people will believe the person charged is guilty.

If someone comes along and wants to offer reasons why they are not guilty and try and point a finger at someone who they think is what you are doing is saying you know more than the prosecution.

When you take a stance like that you have to defend it. You can't just say it then want protection from the hard questions.

Some of the brightest and most interesting people I have met on here were people who, at one point or another, categorically and vocally disagreed with my position on a case.

I enjoy WS very much, and I like it when my co-posters do, as well. :)

Also, - I love the line "discussion boards like this are not for the meek." It makes me feel rugged.

Considering it for my siggy line... :crazy:

What blows my mind is that I've been here for 5 years and I didn't even know what the Social Groups were until this morning.

I'm still not sure what they are. :)

They kind of seem like a secret doorway into another dimension...but only because I've never ventured near one. :)

At least...I don't think I have.

As a member of several other forums on all sorts of topics, I guess the first question is do you have the manpower to moderate these?
Moderating is a thankless job, I know, and this is a far more emotional board than most I'm on. But, they still need to abide by the TOS and if you have the mods I would say starting slapping TO's on people that can't comply. They'll whine, they'll complain and stomp and have a fit, but they will learn and others will see the example and fall into shape.
I can see the advantages to these private groups and their value, it's just a matter of whether you want to have an iron fist to reign them in and "remind" them how to behave like civilized folks.
Totally can understand if you don't want to deal with it too! Been there done that.

Dear Members:

We have shut down the social groups. They intent was for them to be available for off topic chit chat. Instead, there was a lot of case discussion going on, along with attacks on other posters, staff members and the owner of the board, which is just wrong and something we don't do here. And while we are always open to suggestion on how to improve the board, it gets tiresome to read comments that just complain over and over. Nobody has to read or post here, after all.

The groups are still there, just not accessible right now while we decide what to do. One thing is for sure, there will not be "private" social groups ever again, based on what was going on in some of them. If we do reopen the social groups it will be strictly for topics not related to crime, the missing or the unidentified - that's what the main board is for.

Please feel free to comment below. Thank you, the WS staff.

It was really nice to be able to discuss different crimes in these groups though as I feel like I got attacked on the regular forums if I did not feel the same way as the "majority" of posters. Especially on the Haleigh Cummings case. I have almost stopped reading and posting here because of that.

I want to thank you . That is a great post.

If your point of view goes against what most people view as logical thought process then you will be questioned and you will have to explain why you are looking at a situation so differently.

Like said, if you feel posters are being rude then report it but you can't expect us to keep you from getting your feelings hurt.

When the prosecution charges a person with the murder of a child as they have in the Anthony case it is logical that the majority of the people will believe the person charged is guilty.

If someone comes along and wants to offer reasons why they are not guilty and try and point a finger at someone who they think is what you are doing is saying you know more than the prosecution.

When you take a stance like that you have to defend it. You can't just say it then want protection from the hard questions.

i was in the ws dealing with abraham shakespeare, i had info from one that lived with and around dee dee moore. i could not believe the things this person was saying. she was kinda like dee dee's right hand helper. i do not know of anything that happened in the chatting that would warrant shutting down the room.
i do not even know if that was shut down as a social group. if so , something must have happened behind the scenes, because if people are trying to help, why shut them off, and i may be totally out of line and way off target. was the room abraham shakespeare chat a social group? someone please explain to me what is the status regarding the discussion group about abraham, thank you very much....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769
Back