GUILTY VA - Yeardley Love, 22, UVA student, beaten to death, Charlottesville, May 2010 *civil trial 2022*

Tell me this guy doesn't take the heads off of Barbie Dolls when playing and that he isn't going to use the same defense.

Really, how often do we hear a city's police chief say 'oh my gosh'?

Timothy Longo, the Charlottesville police chief, however, said officers quickly determined Love had been murdered when they found her. “When the body was turned over, oh my gosh, there were obvious physical injuries,” Longo said. “There was no question.”

Just read on deadspin that he confessed to kicking her door in, choking her and hitting her head on the wall... that punk.

Orlando Sentinel has more info as well about the incident.

Sorry, clueless as to how to post links.

Just read on deadspin that he confessed to kicking her door in, choking her and hitting her head on the wall... that punk.

if this is true at all...not really an accident in my book...

dgfred, can you provide a link to share? TIA

you can go to deadspin.com
it is one of the first few items
this site is kinda sarcastic but it often has correct basic info

I cannot post here what I was told but I will explain. My daughter is at a university in the southeast. She has several very close friends she spends time with and one of these is a close relative of the young woman who was killed. Since what I was told would be hearsay all I will say without saying more is that info was given to LE that made them look straight for the perp who was arrested. This info has not been stated in any article I read, so LE may not want to give it to the media. But from what I was told LE certainly felt there was enough for a 1st degree homicide arrest.

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/5/4/1457740/yeardley-love-george-huguely-court-documents-case-details

Love was discovered face down on her pillow in a pool of blood, according to the witnesses. And, according to the responding police, there was a large bruise on her face which appeared to be caused by “blunt force trauma.” Additionally, Love’s right eye was swollen shut, and she had other marks on her chin.

George Huguely waived his Miranda rights and reportedly admitted to police that he did shake Love the night of her death, and that the shaking forced her head to hit the wall several times. Huguely also confessed to kicking in the door to her bedroom.

also in an update at this website

Update: George Huguely Has Criminal Record; Guilty Of Resisting Arrest, Public Intoxication In '09We certainly don’t want to imply that a misdemeanor could be in some way connected to UVA lacrosse player George Huguely allegedly murdering Yeardley Love, but he does have a criminal past. Which is relevant, regardless of how serious it is.

According to court documents from Rockbridge County, VA, George Huguely was convicted of resisting arrested and public intoxication in 2009 stemming from an incident in November of 2008. The punishment was six months probation and a $100 fine.

I believe maybe the computer was the catalyst. Either she was messaging other guys or tried to completely break it off with him by computer message. Still no excuse though.

I've been worried lately (I have 19yr old daughter) about these facebook/myspace/IMs/etc that have such a hold on everyone these days. They seem to make building a relationship so much more difficult in some instances. For someone to see their past love in pics with others, or talking back and forth with others can be quite stressful to someone not fully balanced in the first place. Also some use the sites to argue with or to try to make the other partner jealous which can become very dangerous imo.

Sounds like another male who does not understand when a woman tells him it's over, imo.

Since reports are that he took her computer, I think there will be threatening emails found. LE have recovered it.

I think he used his fists, to beat Yeardley to death. I hope he pays dearly for that. IMO.

what in the world was his motive? how sad.

From the looks of it the motive may have been jealousy, combined with alcohol and perhaps 'roid rage. Steriod use is rampant among college athletes.

what in the world was his motive? how sad.

Some articles say they recently broke up.
I am guessing the motive could have been that she broke up with him-maybe by e-mail or through some web group? Since he is also accused of taking her computer?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back