Members' Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Implausible to the point of being ridiculous. No way would JR have her killed to get her out of the way. Out if his way for what? Of all the theories (and I know it isn't yours, so please don't be offended) this is one of the most outlandish.

DeeDee,

YGG

Originally Posted by MurriFlower View Post
And he didn't win, but did he then reveal his evidence against the person(s) he believed did it? Or was it just a bit of a carrot to dangle under the voters noses?

I don't know. I know that he appeared on Larry King alongside ST that year. This is what he said:

"It's political, the reason that it hasn't been prosecuted. And we have a district attorney's office that is more political than it is a prosecutor's office. I'm sitting here listening to those two talk, or those three talk, and it's strange to me that Alex sounds more like a defense attorney than a prosecutor, and that's part of the problem. Let me say there is a cancer in our DA's office, and whenever anybody points it out, what happens is they attack whoever points it out instead of addressing the issue and trying to solve the problem."

I don't know Ben Thompson personally, but he sounds like my kind of man; a MAN'S MAN. Which means he's all wrong for a place like Boulder.

For the record, ST and Thompson were opposed on the show by Alan Dershowitz, who refered to Alex Hunter as a "constitutional hero" and said that promises like Thompson's are how "things are done in Iran, not America." I'm sure that some of you would agree. But, you might wish to consider the source. Just to give you a little perspective on this, Alan Dershowitz has become infamous within the last ten years for going on TV and in newspapers and books laying out his legal argument for why the US government has the right to torture people who are declared enemy combatants.

So, a bit like you, he waffled on interminably, putting forth his own agenda, avoided the question, but in the end, the answer you should have given was a simple No, he didn't reveal his evidence. In truth, again like you, he didn't really have any. It was all simply to try to get some advantage (at the polls).

Gladly. Though, I must warn you: you might find it a little difficult to defend the Rs and especially their lawyers afterwards.

Here goes: in mid-1997, Craig Lewis, the GLOBE news editor--if you could call him that--hatched a scheme to buy a copy of the ransom note. The plan was to offer Don Vacca, a Ramsey-hired handwriting expert, a sum of money in exchange for a copy. He hired a local attorney named Thomas Miller (hereafter known as Tom Miller) under false pretenses and put his plan into action. The meeting went down, Lewis made his offer, and Vacca rejected it. Vacca went to the authorities and demanded action, but the Jefferson County DA blew it off. I'm not really sure why; maybe they figured it wasn't worth pursuing.

Well, by the end of that year, Miller, who was also a handwriting expert well-respected in the Colorado court system, got the materials legit and made his conclusion as to who wrote it: Patsy Ramsey.

Here's where it gets interesting. Eventually, word leaked up to Hal Haddon, the senior partner in Haddon, Forman and Morgan, the Ramseys' lawyers. Haddon was friends with Dave Thomas, the Jefferson County DA, and apparently called in a favor. The favor was that, after two full years of the JC DA saying that it wasn't worth pursuing, Lewis and Miller were arrested and charged with commercial bribery, with Lewis getting slapped with extortion to boot.

Miller was puzzled as to why he got hauled in on this beef. It soon became apparent that HE was the real target all along, not Lewis. He saw the handwriting on the wall when he saw how different the plea deals that they were offered were. Lewis got the offer that Fang posted: if the GLOBE agreed to make a donation of $100,000 to the University of Colorado, Boulder journalism school, he'd be free and clear. The donation was made, and Craig Lewis walked free that very day.

Miller's offer was substantially different. No self-respecting man could accept the terms of the deal he was offered. The deal was that Miller would go free IF he voluntarily gave up his law license and personally repudiated his own handwriting credentials. He told them to stuff their deal.

So, he went to trial. During the trial, his lawyer called to the witness stand a man named David Williams. David Williams was a private investigator employed by Hal Haddon's law firm. Williams admitted on the witness stand that he and several other private investigators had been ordered by Hal Haddon himself to find "dirt" on Miller, something that would bring his credibility as a handwriting expert into question.

Why did they do this? Well, according to Williams, Haddon was afraid that Miller might be called to testify against Patsy Ramsey if the Rs were ever brought to trial. So, Williams and the others were dispatched to pry into his private and professional life, searching for any kind of professional breach of ethics or illegal act, anything that could be used to give a jury reason not to believe him. When they couldn't find one, they decided to MAKE one. Thus, the request to Dave Thomas to bring charges against him. It was a despicable instance of the political cronyism that ruined this case.

When it was all said and done, it took the jury less than one hour of deliberations to set Miller free. SOME justice prevailed, I guess.

Let me see if I have this right. Lewis (of the Globe) hired a lawyer come 'handwriting expert' (Miller) to try to bribe a handwriting expert hired by the R's (Vacca) to hand over a copy of the RN. Vacca reported this illegal attempt to bribe him to the DA. Miller later obtained a copy of the RN through other means and (surprise, surprise) concluded PR wrote it. The R's lawyers became aware of the Vacca bribery attempt and then contacted the DA and the criminals (Miller and Lewis) were arrested and charged with bribery and extortion. The DA offered them both a deal - to the Globe editor, Lewis - a 'fine' of $100,000, which was accepted. Miller (a Lawyer who should have known better), was offered to go free if he gave up his law licence and his (suspect) 'handwriting credentials'. He refused. The case went to court. Miller was found not guilty. End of story. If it's true!!

And all this is supposed to freak me out! Sorry SD, but I don't freak that easy. Except to say that Miller should have been struck off and was damned lucky to get let off.

This just sounds like another of your overdramatised rehashed versions of what may or may not have occurred. How you can present it as evidence against the R's beats me.

Not that I buy this theory, but does anyone give credence to the possibility that John Ramsey hired someone to kill Jonbenet?

The basis of this theory is that John wanted to do away with his family obligations.

With Patsy's cancer and Burke getting older. The only person that would hold hm down would be jonbenet.

By getting rid of Jon Benet and waiting for Patsy to die (or be jailed for jonbenet's murder) John would be a free man once Burke goes to college in a few years.

Mastermind

I think you're better than this.

If you don't buy it, why would you think anyone else would?

You're just wasting space.

Kind of sounds like an Agatha Christie plot, huh?:angel:

Please, don't insult Ms Christie! It just sounds like cr@p!!

So, a bit like you, he waffled on interminably, putting forth his own agenda, avoided the question, but in the end, the answer you should have given was a simple No, he didn't reveal his evidence. In truth, again like you, he didn't really have any. It was all simply to try to get some advantage (at the polls).

Let me see if I have this right. Lewis (of the Globe) hired a lawyer come 'handwriting expert' (Miller) to try to bribe a handwriting expert hired by the R's (Vacca) to hand over a copy of the RN. Vacca reported this illegal attempt to bribe him to the DA. Miller later obtained a copy of the RN through other means and (surprise, surprise) concluded PR wrote it. The R's lawyers became aware of the Vacca bribery attempt and then contacted the DA and the criminals (Miller and Lewis) were arrested and charged with bribery and extortion. The DA offered them both a deal - to the Globe editor, Lewis - a 'fine' of $100,000, which was accepted. Miller (a Lawyer who should have known better), was offered to go free if he gave up his law licence and his (suspect) 'handwriting credentials'. He refused. The case went to court. Miller was found not guilty. End of story. If it's true!!

And all this is supposed to freak me out! Sorry SD, but I don't freak that easy. Except to say that Miller should have been struck off and was damned lucky to get let off.

This just sounds like another of your overdramatised rehashed versions of what may or may not have occurred. How you can present it as evidence against the R's beats me.

Well, I am freaked out. Why didn't he get disbarred for trying to bribe Vacca?

Perfect!

Mastermind

I think you're better than this.

If you don't buy it, why would you think anyone else would?

You're just wasting space.

Please, don't insult Ms Christie! It just sounds like cr@p!!

Amen and amen.

You mean like your tactics with your relentless pursuit of ridiculous guesses about the R's? Something like those?
Very funny.

not funny at all. not meant to be humorous at all

So, a bit like you, he waffled on interminably, putting forth his own agenda, avoided the question, but in the end, the answer you should have given was a simple No, he didn't reveal his evidence. In truth, again like you, he didn't really have any.

CLASSIC. How can it be put better than this?

I hereby nominate MurriFlower as the number one CLASSIC post contributor. I second it!

PROCESS OF ELIMINATION

Who had the necessary qualifications to pull off this event? IOW, what did the killer have to know/have/be/think to get in and get out and to do what was done?

For examples,

Did this person have to know the floor plan?

Did they have to know where the "room" was before placing her body there?

Did they have to know about the $118,000 bonus?

etc., etc., etc.,

And,

Who meets those criteria?

The proximal portion of the small intestine contains fragmented pieces of yellow to light green-tan apparent vegetable or fruit material which may represent fragments of pineapple. No hemorrhage is identified.

The proximal portion of the small intestine contains fragmented pieces of yellow to light green-tan apparent vegetable or fruit material which may represent fragments of pineapple. No hemorrhage is identified.

This was the notation made on visual inspection. This material was actually removed and tested (standard procedure) and found to be pineapple. It was matched against the pineapple in the bowl and also pineapple found in the fridge and was found to be identical.

PROCESS OF ELIMINATION
Who had the necessary qualifications to pull off this event? IOW, what did the killer have to know/have/be/think to get in and get out and to do what was done?

For examples,
Did this person have to know the floor plan?
Did they have to know where the "room" was before placing her body there?
Did they have to know about the $118,000 bonus?
etc., etc., etc.,

And,
Who meets those criteria?

Did they have a key?
Did they need to be familiar to JBR?
Did they need to be familiar with the family's habits?
Did they have access to the notepad and pen and could they have taken these and written the RN at leisure?
Did they need to be familiar with PR's writing and punctuation habits?
Did they need to be familair with JR's lack of 'southern common sense'?
Did they need money?

Did they have a key?
Did they have access to the notepad and pen and could they have taken these and written the RN at leisure?
Did they need money?

Everything fits the parents except the last one.

This was the notation made on visual inspection. This material was actually removed and tested (standard procedure) and found to be pineapple. It was matched against the pineapple in the bowl and also pineapple found in the fridge and was found to be identical.

All that trouble to test the pineapple and no body tested for DNA on the spoon?

Did they have a key?
Did they need money?

LHP written all over it.
And 118.000+2.000 (we know PR wanted to give her this sum) =120.000 nice sum!And can be divided to 2,3,4.
I never thought about the HP family but now I am really gonna start considering it.
Even the RN shouts that it's someone who PRETENDED/wanted to sound educated but misspelled .

Why did the HP's ask LE oh how did she die,was she strangled?

Why did the HP's ask LE oh how did she die,was she strangled?

LHP referring to the ligature, "I remember just such a cord wrapped in just such a way around a box in the basement next to where her body was found." LHP She didn't know where that room was, I thought.

Linda was first to tell police JonBenet bedwetting.

Linda HP and ST.The two who "solved" this case.And you wonder why it's still cold??I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77