WA WA - Nancy Moyer, 36, Tenino, 6 March 2009

Dear Friends,

On Saturday, June 26th, the “Friends of Nancy Moyer” will be at Heritage Park in Olympia recognizing the one year anniversary of the disappearance of Lindsay Baum.

It is heartbreaking that Lindsay has been gone for a year and there are still no leads as to who has taken her. Our heart goes out to her family, friends and community.

There are so many people currently missing in the state of Washington. This event will recognize and give a face to those who are gone but not forgotten by their friends and loved ones.

The event is scheduled to run from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. There will be a safety magic show, the “Crime Stoppers” PT Cruiser, “Thurston County Search and Rescue” Bloodhounds and more educational fun for kids. Guest speakers include Melissa Baum (Lindsay Baum’s mother), Bev Poston (friend and colleague of Nancy Moyer), Chuck and/or Judy Cox (members of Susan Powell’s Family), as well as speakers from “Mothers Against Sex Crimes” and Law Enforcement.

The program will end with a musical concert being provided by Sam Watkins and Fate Train.

If you are able to attend, please come to provide support for this event. We want to raise our voices out loud to let those who are missing know they have not been forgotten and that we will continue searching for them with the hope of someday bringing them back home.

Bev Poston
Friends of Nancy Moyer

Amen! Thank You Bev and everyone. I'm so happy we've all come together for this event. We are their voices, and we need to speak loud and clear. See you Saturday!

Wish I could be there, I'll be thinking of Nancy and Lindsey.

Lindsey's Day spotlights families of missing

[snip]

Saturday’s event, Lindsey’s Day of Hope and Awareness, was a gathering to support not only Lindsey’s families but all families with missing children. Friends and family of Nancy Moyer, the Tenino woman who disappeared 15 months ago, also participated.

[snip]

Poston worked with Moyer for 10 years at the state Department of Ecology. Poston told the crowd that before Moyer disappeared, she told Poston she was happy, was blessed to have good friends and that life was going well. Since, Poston has been among a group of volunteers who have participated in about two dozen search-and-rescue efforts and also have held fundraisers to help raise about $8,000 in college money for Moyer’s children. Vicki Cline, who also works at Ecology and knew Moyer, also was there.

Nancy_7.JPG

http://www.nancymoyer.com/AboutNancy.html
Where is Nancy?
glitter_butterfly.gif

Links all over the place. This is about an hour from Nancy. The only local possibilities are Nancy and Kayla Mae Croft-Paine, sadly I couldn't find a thread here about Kayla.

http://www.chronline.com/article_a46412e8-9b3e-11df-a75b-001cc4c03286.html

A recreational boater found “badly decomposed” human remains along the shore of Riffe Lake Wednesday evening, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office.

“At this time, it is unknown if the body is that of a male or female but it is believed to be an adult,”

I don't want this to be either of these ladies, but at the same time, someone has lost, clearly.

GingerRed, thank you for posting that, I was going to post that as well. The first person I thought of was Nancy.

Not sure if this guy is related to Nancy's disappearance but thought I'd post this here. I started a thread as well in "crimes in the news".

"TENINO, Wash. -- Thurston County sheriff's deputies say a dead woman was found in the passenger seat of a pickup truck that was pulled over near Tenino."

More at link:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100259709.html

Not sure if this guy is related to Nancy's disappearance but thought I'd post this here. I started a thread as well in "crimes in the news".

"TENINO, Wash. -- Thurston County sheriff's deputies say a dead woman was found in the passenger seat of a pickup truck that was pulled over near Tenino."

More at link:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100259709.html

Also from your article...

A vehicle found in the area belongs to a Yelm woman who has not been seen since Sunday morning, but Chamberlain said investigators don't know for sure if that is the same person found dead in the truck.

Officials also said they are looking into whether Howell may be connected to the disappearance Nancy Moyer, who vanished from Tenino last year.

The 36-year-old mother of two was last seen in March 2009. Her front door was found open, with all her belongings still inside and her car was in the driveway.

Detectives say they have nothing at this point linking Howell to the case, but they are not ruling anything out and plan to ask him about Moyer.

Investigators have released a photo of the truck Howell was driving and are asking anyone who saw this truck in the Tenino area on Sunday is asked to give the Thurston County Sheriff's office a call.

Howell is expected to make his first court appearance Monday afternoon

I am wondering where he was headed. If for some reason, this guy actually tells them, I hope they will search every place connected to this guy in case he is involved in Nancy's disappearance.

The deputy followed the car and stopped the driver in front of Parkside Elementary School in Tenino. The deputy discovered a woman's body inside a sleeping bag in the passenger's seat of the truck.

The deputy tried to administer CPR until medics arrived at the scene. When they arrived, they couldn't find the woman's pulse and determined she was deceased.

"I was blown away. I thought it was really bizarre," said Garth Pritchard, Tenino resident. "This is a small town. This kind of stuff doesn't happen."
Also weird was the reason the driver gave for driving with the body. The driver told officers he had found the body and was trying to save the family the cost of a funeral.

Deputies arrested and booked the man, Bernard “Keith” Howell, III, in the Thurston County Jail for investigation of second-degree murder and first-degree theft. The theft charge was added because police believe the suspect may have taken the victim's vehicle after the crime.

Detectives do not believe the suspect knew the victim before Sunday. Police have not identified the victim, only describing her as a middle-aged woman who died of "homicidal violence."

Police said the victim may have been riding her bike on the Chehalis Western trail, in the area of Hwy. 507 and Mull Road, when she was attacked at random by Howell. The trail is a popular paved area for bikers, walkers and joggers that runs across Thurston County.

The woman’s car was found near the trail just outside of Tenino. Investigators believe Howell moved her vehicle after he attacked her.
Police have impounded two vehicles: a gray 1986 Nissan pickup, belonging to the suspect, and a Toyota RAV 4, presumably belonging to the victim. Deputies released a picture of the suspect and the suspect's truck on Monday, in hopes that anyone who saw Howell or his truck Sunday in the Tenino area could call them with more information.

Bernard Howell III goes by his middle name, Keith. His father, Bernard Howell, Jr., said his son owned his own beef wholesale company called “Tenino Meat" and had been depressed recently. The father said his son sold beef out of a cooler on the back of his pickup. A cooler can be seen in the photo of the truck police released Monday morning.

“I’m sick to my heart,” said Bernard Howell, Jr.
Howell Jr. said his son’s business was struggling lately and he may have been angry and using methamphetamine Sunday afternoon. Howell Jr. said his son is a good man who has not been in serious trouble before.
“This is out of left field,” said Bernard Howell, Jr.

According to the father, Keith Howell went to two high schools in Lacey. He recently lived with his father in Tenino and his mother in Lakewood.
An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.
http://www.king5.com/news/Man-driving-with-body-inside-car-arrested-100258509.html

http://dor.wa.gov/content/doingbusiness/registermybusiness/brd/Default.aspx
Business record

wow! when looking around for Kyron Horman updates I saw this story.... I hope something pans out!

Now the sheriff’s office is also looking to see if there could be a link between Howell and Nancy Moyer, the Tenino woman who went missing March 8, 2009, from her home.
Thurston County Chief Criminal Deputy Jim Chamberlain said there is no direct connection linking Howell and Moyer’s disappearance, but said his office will look back as a matter of due diligence.
“We don’t know if Nancy is alive or dead,” Chamberlain said. “If this man killed one person, would he have killed someone else?”

http://www.chronline.com/article_070b0a44-a3ed-11df-b949-001cc4c002e0.html

officials also said they are looking into whether Howell may be connected to the disappearance Nancy Moyer, who vanished from Tenino last year.

The 36-year-old mother of two was last seen in March 2009. Her front door was found open, with all her belongings still inside and her car was in the driveway.

Detectives say they have nothing at this point linking Howell to the case, but they are not ruling anything out and plan to ask him about Moyer.

Investigators have released a photo of the truck Howell was driving and are asking anyone who saw this truck in the Tenino area on Sunday is asked to give the Thurston County Sheriff's office a call.

Howell is expected to make his first court appearance Monday afternoon.

http://www.kval.com/news/national/100285054.html

good picture of the truck at this link

She's been gone for more than a year and now detectives tell Q13 FOX News they are investigating whether there is a connection between murder suspect Bernard Howell and the disappearance of a Tenino woman.

Howell was arrested Sunday in Tenino for having a dead woman's body in the back of his pickup truck.

Nancy Moyer, 37, disappeared on March 6, 2009. Her husband, Bill, told Washington's Most Wanted, "She just vanished."

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-080910-tenino-missing-woman,0,4999285.story

From his business address in Tenino to Nancy Moyer's house is .06 of a mile, just down the street. He has a minor in possession charge from years ago and a few others that are closed, can't tell what the charges were.

Trying not to get my hopes up ...

sorry guys... his mug shot... it just chills me to the center of my being! And ITA Ruby about the meat sales being a sure way to get a stranger in your truck/out of the house. And iirc wasn't she perhaps on the front porch drinking a glass of wine and having a ciggy (or it looked that way?)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back