GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read interesting theory about how the body was found. It was dumped in an obvious place and intended to be found quickly. While someone was out of town? Unfortunately there was heavy snowfall which concealed the body and messed up those plans...

For the non-UK posters:

Cracker is a British crime drama series produced by Granada Television for ITV and created and principally written by Jimmy McGovern. The series concerned a criminal psychologist (or "cracker"), Eddie "Fitz" Fitzgerald, played by Robbie Coltrane.

(from Wiki)

He purportedly had left for Sheffield before Jo even bought the pizza although I don't remember ever seeing his exact timeline. If she handled and/or ate the pizza that night and the police knew that then the significance is that if he also handled and/or ate it with her then he would be connected to her at a time when she disappeared when he said he was not there.

Yes my thoughts exactly.

Just tried to quote the person who mentioned about him probably not wanting to stop if he had just charged his car battery but for some reason it hasn't quoted.

I have done long journeys before after having to charge my battery. This has meant that instead of getting fuel near to home, I've had to drive for as long as possible first of all and keep my fingers crossed that when I do turn off the engine, the car will restart. It has never been a problem - I don't think that it takes that long for a car battery to fully charge back to normal.

So despite fuel being more expensive on the motorway, he may have got out of Bristol, driven for an hour or more before stopping to refuel. That would also allow him a rest stop which I'm sure he would need as it is quite a long journey.

Just read interesting theory about how the body was found. It was dumped in an obvious place and intended to be found quickly. While someone was out of town? Unfortunately there was heavy snowfall which concealed the body and messed up those plans...

Me & you are definately of the same mindset ;)

For the UK posters - they've brought in Robbie Coltrane! :D

Lol, let's hope he does a better job than Paul Britton on the Rachel Nickell enquiry...... cant think who'd they'd use as a honeytrap candidate for CJ?..... Dale Winton?

For outside UK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Nickell_murder_case

As there was no forensic evidence linking Mr Stagg to the scene, the police asked criminal psychologist Paul Britton to create an offender profile of the killer. They decided that Mr Stagg fitted the profile and asked Mr Britton to assist in designing a covert operation, Operation "Ezdell", to see whether Mr Stagg would eliminate or implicate himself. This operation would later be criticised by the media and Mr Stagg's trial judge, Mr Justice Ognall, as a "honeytrap".

Mr Stagg was later acquitted and received huge compensation!!

[FONT=&quot]B/F met J/Y for lunch, she tells him she wants to call it a day, he’s very upset by this news, she goes back to work and meets up with her workmate in the pub, he’s told her he is going to visit his brother, the car is frozen, its freezing cold, better to stay home, but he can t bare the thought of the weekend knowing its all finished, so he’s going anyway, car won't start, gets help from the LL to jump start his car, starts on his way, the further he gets the more upset he is feeling, decides to turn back, talk to her, hope she’ll change her mind, waits for her on her way home, picks her up, she’s made her mind up, she is not changing her mind, things get out of hand, he can t believe what’s happened, dumps the body quickly on the side of the road, drops her things back in the flat, leaves for his brothers house, the cat was left without any food for the week end, so ate the pizza, the LL popped in to check on his property, saw the cardboard box and put it in the bin lol, I think I have a good story for a book now. [/FONT]

For me the obvious line of enquiry is the boyfriend.

Just because he has receipts, etc. proving he went to Sheffield does not mean that he was not in Bristol when she was killed. She might not have died until after he returned from Sheffield.

Is it possible that JY went into her apartment on Friday evening, stayed in to clean up all weekend as she had planned and lived until Sunday evening?

He might well have called her but her mobile might have been switched off in her bag - not unusual.

He was home in Bristol for 4 hours before reporting - enough time to argue and snap followed by hasty disposal. Wasn't there a snowfall the evening of 20th?

jmo

Something that I haven't heard anything about is the people she was in the pub with. We know that they worked with her but know very little else about them. I would be interested to know their movements. How many of them stayed at the pub later than Jo? How many left around the same time? Where did they go? This has to be something the police are investigating, surely?

.....and as for using strong chemicals inside the apartment before getting cadaver dogs in to check the scene - well don't get me started - absolute craziness, imo.

Cadaver dogs would signal the location if she was killed inside or near the apartment. Not sure how they'd fare amongst surfaces covered with chemicals.

jmo.

.....and as for using strong chemicals inside the apartment before getting cadaver dogs in to check the scene - well don't get me started - absolute craziness, imo.

Cadaver dogs would signal the location if she was killed inside or near the apartment. Not sure how they'd fare amongst surfaces covered with chemicals.

jmo.

I've read it been suggested (forums only!!) that the police could have used cadaver dogs and they 'alerted', hence the family talking about her in the past tense at the appeals..... the family had already been told to "prepare for the worse"..... because the dogs had already notified them...... strong possibility imho

Just had a thought about the pizza packaging. Whoever did it may have (probably did?) have a physical altercation/struggle with JY. The oven was on, so she probably had the pizza nearby or in her hand. I wonder if the perp ended up with stains on their clothing from the pizza - so when cleaning up afterwards, they took the pizza - not wanting to be linked to the crime scene. They did not realize that LE would know about it anyway. Just a thought...

Can someone refresh me as to why the landlord was arrested? Is it due to different laws in UK, that someone can be taken in if they have told a lie, for instance? And held for a certain amount of time?

my son and girlfriend live in a flat just 2 houses away from where jo lived.....a very scary atmosphere in the area....let's hope new evidence comes asap for everyone's sake.

In reference to my post #508 above where I considered that JY might not have died until after GR returned from Sheffield - i.e. Sunday evening:
JY had stayed in Bristol to clean up the apartment. Had she been killed on Sunday evening rather than Friday evening, there would have been considerable evidence of her having cleaned and tidied the apartment - stuff would have been thrown in the rubbish bin in the apartment covering the pizza box. In a bid to stage the apartment as it would have been on the Friday night the rubbish would need to disappear well away from the premises or else it would be obvious that she had lived all weekend. The apartment would need to be messed up a little and maybe it was this unusual state that alerted the parents to something being amiss.

jmo

Can someone refresh me as to why the landlord was arrested? Is it due to different laws in UK, that someone can be taken in if they have told a lie, for instance? And held for a certain amount of time?

From what I've read he told neighbours that he had seen three people leaving the building and he thought that one could have been Jo. He then didn't tell this to the police and apparently (according to the newspapers) tried to convince the neighbours not to either. I really do think that that part could be speculation in the papers and that actually he told neighbours what he had seen but didn't then pass on the information to the police and that seemed suspicious to everyone. I hope that makes sense.

In the UK the police have an initial period of time to interview people. They can then be granted an extension of up to (I think 72 hours). I seem to remember that this was a rather recent change in law that allowed them this additional 72 hours. I think the new powers were supposed to be for terrorism cases but have since been used more widely on other cases when extra time is needed.

WOW! Thanks for this - veeeery interesting

yes, excellent...

re landlord...i was surprised to read that he had a current gym membership at the holiday inn spirit club in filton...a little distance away.
why not choose a nearer venue...

also..he does not appear to be a fitness type at all....looked down on all sports...
detectives have been asking staff at fitness club whether or not he was capable of singlehandedly lifting a young woman of jo's weight and build over a wall....ref to wall at site of body find, beyond which lay a deep quarry.
had murderer tried to lift her over and failed....

reports in press of his interest in blondes....and control/strange behaviour towards them....
definitely a strange mix of personalities, that landlord....

sorry no capital letters...badly broken wrist...

yes, excellent...

re landlord...i was surprised to read that he had a current gym membership at the holiday inn spirit club in filton...a little distance away.
why not choose a nearer venue...

also..he does not appear to be a fitness type at all....looked down on all sports...
detectives have been asking staff at fitness club whether or not he was capable of singlehandedly lifting a young woman of jo's weight and build over a wall....ref to wall at site of body find, beyond which lay a deep quarry.
had murderer tried to lift her over and failed....

reports in press of his interest in blondes....and control/strange behaviour towards them....
definitely a strange mix of personalities, that landlord....

sorry no capital letters...badly broken wrist...

Where did you read this, what was the source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson