Unsolved 18 From The First Zodiac Code And Possible Kaczynski/Zodiac Connection

THE BIRTH OF THE ZODIAC?

In the summer of 1966, most likely late August/early September 1966, Ted Kaczynski records a break through moment in his life. He is a genius, yet socially alienated and isolated as a math graduate student at the University of Michigan. He decribes hearing the sound of couples having sex in the apartment next door to his, and he says it fills him with frustration and anger. Out of despair and self described "acute sexual starvation", he records in his journal that instead of killing himself he will "really kill everyone I hate."

The people he says he hates and wants to kill are many, but they include two distinct groups. One group is what he calls "bigshots" or "government officials", and these include "scientists", "big businessmen", "politicians" and "police".

The other group of people he hated and wanted to kill included love making "couples", "rowdy college students" and those college men and women he deems "promiscuous". Look at the government psychiatric report on Kaczynski done after he was arrested for the Unabomber crimes:

In the summer after his fourth year [of graduate school, the summer of 1966], he describes experiencing a period of several weeks where he was sexually excited nearly all the time and was fantasizing himself as a woman and being unable to obtain any sexual relief. He decided to make an effort to have a sex change operation. When he returned to the University of Michigan [most likely in late August or early September 1966] he made an appointment to see a psychiatrist to be examined to determine if the sex change would be good for him. He claimed that by putting on an act he could con the psychiatrist into thinking him suitable for a feminine role even though his motive was exclusively erotic. As he was sitting in the waiting room, he turned completely against the idea of the operation and thus, when he saw the doctor, instead claimed he was depressed about the possibility of being drafted. He describes the following:

"As I walked away from the building afterwards, I felt disgusted about what my uncontrolled sexual cravings had almost led me to do and I felt humiliated, and I violently hated the psychiatrist. Just then there came a major turning point in my life. Like a Phoenix, I burst from the ashes of my despair to a glorious new hope. I thought I wanted to kill that psychiatrist because the future looked utterly empty to me. I felt I wouldn't care if I died. And so I said to myself why not really kill the psychiatrist and anyone else whom I hate. What is important is not the words that ran through my mind but the way I felt about them. What was entirely new was the fact that I really felt I could kill someone. My very hopelessness had liberated me because I no longer cared about death. I no longer cared about consequences and I said to myself that I really could break out of my rut in life an do things that were daring, irresponsible or criminal." [Psych Report] {Emphasis added}

That happened sometime in the summer of 1966, most likely in late August/early September 1966. Probably mere days later, on or around September 3, 1966, bombs go off at the suburban Chicago house of Elmwood Park Mayor Elmer Conti and at a glass company on Paulina St. in Chicago. Within weeks there is another attack on a home of an Illinois politician Republican Senate nominee and Bell & Howell CEO Charles Percy, this one far more brutal and lethal, and his daughter Valerie Percy is murdered on September 18. One week later Monsanto chemical engineer Jerry Bricca, his wife Linda and daughter Debbie in suburban Cincinnati are bound and killed. On October 30, 1966, when evidence shows Ted Kaczynski is in California, the first probable Zodiac crime, the murder of college student Cheri Jo Bates occurs.

His first confirmed Unabomber crime was in 1978, when he was 36 years old. Yet we know from research that the most active and violent period for the majority of serial killers is from their late teens to late twenties. And we see that Kaczynski reports the motivation, desire and ability to kill at least as early as the summer of 1966.

In 1966 he was a sexually frustrated and confused young man who resolved to kill those he hated, which included "bigshots" but also college students and young women. He later recorded a fantasy of mutiliating a woman's face with a knife. He also wanted to - and did - kill "bigshots" like "big businessmen" and "politicians", and Bell & Howell CEO and soon to be Senator Charles Percy would represent those things to him, as well being a man associated with high technology through his company. And Mr. Bricca was a scientist working for a major corporation. The fathers of Valerie Percy, Linda Bricca and Cheri Jo Bates all worked for companies or facilities involved in technology that had government defense contracts.

In September 1966, of course, Ted was officially enrolled at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. But his TA duties and course work were done, and his thesis almost finished. There was nothing to require him to be physically present at the campus. We know that sometime in the later Fall and/or Winter of 1966 evidence shows he went to California for job interviews at the University of California, Berkeley. Where Percy was killed in Kenilworth, Illinois is ony 30 mintues from the Kaczynski family home in Evergreen Park, Illinois. Ann Arbor is only a three to four hour trip by car or train to Chicago, and a four hour trip by car to Cincinnati, Ohio.

Kaczynski matches the height descriptions of Zodiac, also hair cut and color. Like Zodiac he wore military shoes and a navy blue jacket. Ted weighed between 150 and 170 pounds. Weight descriptions on Zodiac are varied. As the Unabomber, Ted would wear multiple shirts and stuff a towel under them, put wax in his nostrils and cotton balls in his cheeks, all to make himself look heavier than he was.

Later Lake Berryessa victim Hartnell said he overstated the weight of the attacker, who he said was wearing a "puffed up" jacket. Mike Mageau said Zodiac was 160 pounds, Kathleen Johns said 160 pounds, the Hakari and Bennallack suspect descriptions were 160 pounds.

Zodiac suspect Arthur Leigh Allen was ruled out on the basis of DNA, fingerprints, handwriting and Officer Fouke said the 250 pound Allen was "100 pounds" more than the man he saw that night in San Francisco.

The "Director's Cut" of Zodiac has an exacting account from the responding officer who through comparison of weight and depth of bootprints with his partner determined that Zodiac weighed approximately 230 pounds.

I'm unaware where Hartnell ever eliminated Allen; certainly not in the Director's Cut.

Foulk's account has been disputed.

Having over a decade of experience working with DNA, I will state that unless the alleged DNA and fingerprints can be linked to Zodiac through a chain of custody, it is not possible to eliminate Allen. The chain of custody of that DNA is impossible to determine if you are discussing the DNA under the stamp on the envelope. We have no way to know how it was placed there. That being
the case, it has little evidentiary value.

In my opinion, the chances of Kaczinski being Zodiac range from somewhere between zero and none.

'Hunting man is thrilling' and 'man is the most dangerous animal' would appear to be references to Richard Connell's short story "The Most Dangerous Game" and/or one of the movies based on that story (http://www.classicreader.com/book/1317/1/). Those lines don't appear word for word, but very close.

I believe that you are correct in this. Zodiac makes quite a few references or direct quotes of a number of books, poems, and movies in his many writings. While his spelling and grammar have many mistakes in them, it is likely that he did that intentially and that, in fact, he was well read, a student of history, literature and the arts, and very skilled at writing.

THE BIRTH OF THE ZODIAC?

In the summer of 1966, most likely late August/early September 1966, Ted Kaczynski records a break through moment in his life. He is a genius, yet socially alienated and isolated as a math graduate student at the University of Michigan. ....
...In 1966 he was a sexually frustrated and confused young man who resolved to kill those he hated, which included "bigshots" but also college students and young women. He later recorded a fantasy of mutiliating a woman's face with a knife. He also wanted to - and did - kill "bigshots" like "big businessmen" and "politicians", and Bell & Howell CEO and soon to be Senator Charles Percy would represent those things to him, as well being a man associated with high technology through his company. And Mr. Bricca was a scientist working for a major corporation. ....

Ted Kaczynski may have had thoughts of bombings and killings even earlier than 1966.

In the fall of 1960, there was a domestic terrorist dubbed "The Sunday Bomber" by the press who was leaving bombs on various mass transit vehicles in New York City. The subway and a ferry boat were included in those targets. One person was killed and several were injured.

Eventually a mental patient confessed to the bombings, but he was never tried for them.

At the time, Ted was an undergraduate student at Harvard University Massachucetts - a reasonably close train ride to New York. Since all of the bombs were planted or detonated on Sundays, he could have been back in classes on Monday morning.

After one of the bombings, an eyewitness described a possible suspect seen near the explosion site some time before the bomb went off. He was described as a middle aged man, somewhat over weight, who walked with a sort of limp.

Many years later, when Ted was identified and arrested as the Unibomber, one of his former Harvard roomates spoke of how Ted had helped another student make a bomb.

Could he have started his bombing career as early as 1960?

The "Director's Cut" of Zodiac has an exacting account from the responding officer who through comparison of weight and depth of bootprints with his partner determined that Zodiac weighed approximately 230 pounds.

I'm unaware where Hartnell ever eliminated Allen; certainly not in the Director's Cut.

Foulk's account has been disputed.

Having over a decade of experience working with DNA, I will state that unless the alleged DNA and fingerprints can be linked to Zodiac through a chain of custody, it is not possible to eliminate Allen. The chain of custody of that DNA is impossible to determine if you are discussing the DNA under the stamp on the envelope. We have no way to know how it was placed there. That being
the case, it has little evidentiary value.

In my opinion, the chances of Kaczinski being Zodiac range from somewhere between zero and none.

I put zero stock in the "weight and depth" of footprints. Not science. And we don't even know for sure if those footprints are from Zodiac.

Mageau saw Zodiac up close and he said 160 pounds; Johns was in the same car with him and said 160. But you are right some evidence points toward a heavier Zodiac. It is easy for a thin man to look fat; harder for a fat tman to look thin.

If you are really interested in the possible Zodiac - Kaczynski connection, see www.unazod.com and check out the evidence there, and read the excellent 200 page book by Doug Oswell.

I believe that you are correct in this. Zodiac makes quite a few references or direct quotes of a number of books, poems, and movies in his many writings. While his spelling and grammar have many mistakes in them, it is likely that he did that intentially and that, in fact, he was well read, a student of history, literature and the arts, and very skilled at writing.

Yes and in the RKO film "The Most Dangerous Game", the hunter and killer of men, and couples, Count Zaroff, dresses much like the Zodiac did at Lake Berryessa - black, boots, gun, knife, rope.

Ted Kaczynski may have had thoughts of bombings and killings even earlier than 1966.

In the fall of 1960, there was a domestic terrorist dubbed "The Sunday Bomber" by the press who was leaving bombs on various mass transit vehicles in New York City. The subway and a ferry boat were included in those targets. One person was killed and several were injured.

Eventually a mental patient confessed to the bombings, but he was never tried for them.

At the time, Ted was an undergraduate student at Harvard University Massachucetts - a reasonably close train ride to New York. Since all of the bombs were planted or detonated on Sundays, he could have been back in classes on Monday morning.

After one of the bombings, an eyewitness described a possible suspect seen near the explosion site some time before the bomb went off. He was described as a middle aged man, somewhat over weight, who walked with a sort of limp.

Many years later, when Ted was identified and arrested as the Unibomber, one of his former Harvard roomates spoke of how Ted had helped another student make a bomb.

Could he have started his bombing career as early as 1960?

That is very interesting, I will have to research that. I certainly Ted a suspect for the bombings in 1966 which were within minutes of his family home. When Ted was a prof at Berkeley from 67 to 69, there were also several unsolved bombings on campus, and of power lines, including the power line to a nuclear research facility.

Richard - ...Keep in mind when you are trying to decipher the Zodiac codes you are most likely dealing with someone who was both mad and a genius. ....

... I suspect you may also be a right about a pattern in the final shuffle of the 18 letter string, but beyond a reversal and certain shifts, I have yet to detect an overall pattern. He may have added some randomness to increase difficulty of solution.

Regardless of who Zodiac is/was, he was evidently someone who was obsessed with patterns, symbols, numbers and codes.

When you look at almost everything that he did and everything he wrote, there are numberous examples of his warped thinking. But warped as it was, he had some sort of order or pattern to it all.

Some investigators have pointed out that he really was not very origional and that almost everything he did was an imitation of something he had read or seen in a movie, or read in the newspapers.

In trying to identify Zodiac, it is necessary to look carefully at his patterns - all of them, such as his ways of hunting and attacking his victims, his time schedule of both murders and message sending, and his overall chronology.

No matter how smart or stupid a person is, they are creatures of habit and have patterns which they follow. It is possible to change or break some patterns, but not all of them.

Yes and in the RKO film "The Most Dangerous Game", the hunter and killer of men, and couples, Count Zaroff, dresses much like the Zodiac did at Lake Berryessa - black, boots, gun, knife, rope.

The short story doesn't have couples, just individual men. I wonder if any of the couples in the movie were similar to the couples he murdered?

The short story doesn't have couples, just individual men. I wonder if any of the couples in the movie were similar to the couples he murdered?

The Most Dangerous Game is an adaptation of the 1924 short story of the same name by Richard Connell, the first film version of that story.

The plot concerns a big game hunter on an island who chooses to hunt humans for sport. You do not see all of the hunts, but it is implied in the movie that the Hunter, Count Zarnoff hunts one man at a time. In the end, he hunts a couple after releasing them from the captivity of his castle on an island into the woods.

The film stars Joel McCrea, Leslie Banks, and King Kong leads Fay Wray and Robert Armstrong, and was made by the co-directors of King Kong (1933).

Because it was so inexpensive to make, costing only $200,000, The Most Dangerous Game made more profit for RKO than the very expensive King Kong did.

At the link below, is a photo of both the hunter, Count Zarnoff and the hunted "couple".

There is a good plot summary as well.

Source:

The Most Dangerous Game (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LINK:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Most_Dangerous_Game_(film)

Yes, I'm familiar with the short story, but not the movie. That's why I wondered about the couple, who aren't in the sort story. It sounds like they put the couple in just to have Fay Wray's name on it :p

This is information you got from a movie?

The 2 disc "Director's Cut" of the David Fincher film "Zodiac" also has several excellent documentaries on the case. In the one on Arthur Leigh Allen, SFPD Officer Fouke says that Allen weighed "100 pounds more" than the man he saw that night who may have been the Zodiac. Allen's driver license listed him at 250 pounds.

In the movie "Most Dangerous Game" Count Zaroff dresses in black, had a gun, knife and rope and hunts couples. I think Zodiac is likley to have seen the film - Count Z also uses a Luger - and Zodiac used a Luger on 7/4/68.

The cryptographical work is impressive. I always find it interesting when Unabomber is tied to other crimes and this tie seems quite plausible.

For you all trying to line up lines of numbers and text, just change the font to courier new.

A B C D E F G H I
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

becomes

A B C D E F G H I
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

In response to questions regarding possible identification of Arthur Leigh Allen as Zodiac...

Robert Graysmith wrote the origional book about Zodiac and in it he describes in great detail the crimes of and the hunt for Zodiac. He mentiones several possible suspects, but changes their real names in his origional book.

In 2002, Graysmith wrote a sequel titled Zodiac Unmasked. In this book, he constructs a case against his favorite suspect, Arthur Leigh Allen - who by the writing of the second book had died. Graysmith cites a lot of circumstantial evidence in the case which matches with Allen. The movie Zodiac mentioned above was based on much of his later research.

Zodiac is known to have attatcked three couples and one individual cab driver. He is strongly suspected of having murdered Cherri Jo Bates in Riverside in 1966. Of the three couples, two young men survived with serious wounds: Michael Mageau, shot in Vallejo on 5 July 1969, and Bryan Hartnell, stabbed at Lake Berryessa on 27 Sept 1969.

Although Graysmith and many other Zodiac researchers suspect Zodiac of other attempted abductions and murders - and certainly Zodiac boasted of others - it is those eight victims that are most strongly believed to have been attatcked by Zodiac.

The two victims, Mageau and Hartnell assisted police investigators as best they could in describing Zodiac. Hartnell could never identify anyone as Zodiac, because he had never seen Zodiac's face. It was covered by a mask. Mageau did see Zodiac's face, but only briefly.

Years later, Hartnell was brought to a hardware store where Arthur Leigh Allen worked and was told to buy something from him. Hartnell stated that Allen was of similar size to Zodiac and his voice sounded like what he recalled of Zodiac.

Mageau was shown a photo line-up many years after his encounter with Zodiac. He immediately picked a photo of Arthur Leigh Allen as the man who had attatcked him.

Richard - I think everything you state above is true, and worth considering.

But also consider:

* Handwriting experts ruled out Allen as the writer of the Zodiac letters. No matches could be found in the writing.

* Fingerprints and DNA did not match Allen.

* It is true years later Mageau later picked out a picture of Allen, but it is not clear he was shown a picture of anyone other than Allen.

* At the time of the shooting, Mageau said his attacker was 160 pounds. Allen weighed 230 pounds then, according to both his drivers license and friends.

* Kathleen Johns also said Zodiac weighed 160 pounds.

* Graysmith tries to make the case against Allen, for the flipside see:

http://www.zodiackillerfacts.com/allen.htm

* And for the Kaczynski - Zodiac connection see www.unazod.com

The link at the below site contains a 12 page inventory of what was removed from Ted Kaczynski's cabin after his capture in 1996.

While it lists three different typewriters, there is no description as to make, model, type face, pitch, etc. So, no way to compare with the one Zodiac used in some of his writings.

Included in the inventory, however, is a complete list of the books from Ted's library. Unfortunately no books on Zodiac were included.

----------------------------------------
AUGUST 11 2006

Items belonging to Theodore Kaczynski, the convicted Unabomber, will be sold in an Internet auction, the proceeds from which will go to those injured during the madman's killing spree, a federal judge has ruled. In an order filed yesterday, U.S. District Court Judge Garland Burrell directed the U.S. Marshals Service to sell off the imprisoned Kaczynski's property, which includes 'original writings,' though not those containing 'diagrams and 'recipes' for making bombs.'

Burrell's order, a copy of which you'll find below, includes a creepy 12-page inventory of items to be auctioned. Along with hundreds of books, bidders will be able to vie for the killer's hatchet, welding mask, blue scarf, three typewriters, and several hooded jackets.

A separate court filing estimates that Kaczynski's writings--which include several versions of his demented 'Manifesto'--cover 40,000 handwritten notebook pages. The material details his urges to kill, acts of vandalism, and includes a meticulous recitation of his 17-year bombing campaign.

Five firearms seized from the lunatic's Montana cabin during a 1996 FBI raid will not be auctioned. Instead, the weapons will be given to Kaczynski's victims and the imprisoned murderer will get a $300 credit toward his $15 million restitution debt...

Source:

Unabomber's Belongings To Be Auctioned | The Smoking Gun

LINK:

http://aolsearcht5.search.aol.com/a...er+inventory+typewriter&s_it=keyword_rollover

OVERVIEW OF BASIC FACTS SUGGESTING CONNECTION BETWEEN KACZYNSKI AND THE ZODIAC KILLER

* Kacsynski lived in the SF Bay area during the time of most of the confirmed Zodiac murders.

* Kaczynski's attorney said he could not provide any alibi dates for Zodiac murder and mailing dates, starting with Bates in 1966 and going to the 1974 letters, and also including the Santa Barbara murders in 1963 and the Swindle murders in 1964.

* Both Zodiac and Kaczynski were ruthless killers, highly intelligent and interested in and expert at bombs and codes.

* Both made references to opera, literature and Norse myths.

* Both demanded their words be published on the front pages of newspapers on penalty of death for innocents if not done.

* Both threatened to bomb mass transit.

* Both left drawings of crossed lines inside circles at crime scenes.

* Both used crossed lines inside circles as signatures.

* Both sent taunting messages to police and victims.

* Both usually used excessive postage, often double postage.

* Both wrote checkmark "r" 's, three stroke "k" 's, five stroke "m" 's and had many other handwriting matches.

* Both commented on the bounty put on their head.

* Both were filled with hatred and a desire for revenge against society.

* Both owned and used Winchester Western .22 Super X ammo.

* Both had guns with flashlights attached to the barrel.

* Kaczynski shot a miner with a rifle - Zodiac threatened to shoot school kids on a bus with a rifle

* Both had an unusual walk - Officer Fouke said the man he saw at the Stine crime scene walked with a "lumbering gait...a semi-limp", a girl at Lake Berryessa observed that a man watching them who may have been the Zodiac "favored one leg over the other", and David Kaczynski said his brother Ted was "noticably pigeon-toed" and that it "affected the way he walked".

* Both had knowledge of Deer Lodge, Montana.

* Zodiac taunted police, hinted he shot SFPD Officer Radetich and most importantly attacked and killed couples in known love making spots; Kaczynski recorded a desire in his journal to kill "police", "rowdy college students", "promiscuous" women and men and "noisy" love making "couples" in September of 1966.

A detective on the EAR/ONS case has determined that Ted Kaczynski has never had his DNA entered into CODIS, and indeed has never even had DNA drawn from his body, despite two seperate federal laws mandating it.

THE POSSIBLE CONNECTION BETWEEN ZODIAC AND EAR/ONS

The Zodiac has long been mentioned by writers and investigators of the Original Night Stalker (ONS) as a possible suspect.

* Both sometimes attacked lone females, but both usually killed male/female couples.

* Both used a flashlight to blind their victims, had gun/knife/pre-cut lengths of rope, ordered the female to tie the male, sometimes wore a hood, targeted mostly middle class suburban areas

* In many of the probable Zodiac crimes in Sonoma County and Northern California, complex nautical knots were used to bind victims, similar to those used by the EAR/ONS.

* Both wore military clothes/boots/shoes, were never caught, exhibited high intelligence and planning, played games with the police and media, wrote letters to the media and wrote cryptic poems.

THE POSSIBLE CONNECTION BETWEEN THE 1963 SANTA BARBARA BEACH MURDERS OF DOMINGOS AND EDWARDS AND THE ZODIAC KILLER

There are many similarities between the Santa Barbara beach murders of Domingos and Edwards in June 1963 and the Zodiac Killer attack at Lake Berryessa in September 1969.

* In both murders we have as victims a male - female couple on a blanket by the water

* In both the attacker has a gun, knife and pre-cut rope.

* In both the attacker orders female to tie male, then binds them both.

* And like the Zodiac Killer attack on 12/20/68 at Lake Herman Road, a victim is shot in the back while running away.

* Also the exact same type of ammo was used at Santa Barbara 1963 and Zodiac attack on Lake Herman Road on 12/20/68 - .22 Winchester Western Super X, six right hand twists and grooves, indicating the same model of gun was used, and perhaps even the exact same weapon.

* There was an attempt to start an arson fire at Santa Barbara - in probable Zodiac victim Kathleen Johns her car was burned, and there are several other arsons close in time and space to suspected Zodiac crimes.

THE POSSIBLE CONNECTION BETWEEN THE 1963 SANTA BARBARA BEACH MURDERS OF DOMINGOS AND EDWARDS AND THE ORIGINAL NIGHT STALKER

Similarities between the Santa Barbara beach attack in 1963 and many of the crimes of the Original Night Stalker include:

* Attacker ordering the female to tie the male

* The killer used complex nautical knots

* The killer put blanket over the bodies or faces of the victims

* The killer leaves burnt wood matches at the scene.

Below are sketches of the 1963 Santa Barbara beach murders suspect "Sandy" and pictures of the young Ted Kaczynski, followed by a picture of Ted Kaczynski 1968 and Zodiac sketch 1969, Ted Kaczynski 1960's and 1970's and Maggiore Killer/EAR/ONS 1978 sketch, and Ted Kaczynski 1980's and EAR/ONS 1986

santa_12.jpg

ted_ka15.jpg

ted_ka16.jpg

ted_ka17.jpg

ted_1910.jpg

THE CASE FOR TED KACZYNSKI AS THE ZODIAC

Could the known code expert, bomb designer and cold blooded murderer Theodore Kaczynski have been the Zodiac, who shared all those same qualities and traits? Kaczynski taught at U Cal Berkeley from 1967 to 1969, a position for which he interviewed in the Fall/Winter of 1966. So he was in the SF Bay area for all the key dates of Zodiac activity. In all the public records, there are no conflicts between Kaczynski and known Zodiac murder and mailing dates. An attorney for Kaczynski said that no ailibi's could be presented for any of the Zodiac murder and mailing dates between 1966 and 1974. A witness has placed Kaczynski at the scene of the East Coast Zodiac type knife murder of fellow U of M grad Betsy Aardsma in the Penn State University library on November 28, 1969.

KACZYNSKI AND ZODIAC CONNECTION TO DEER LODGE, MONTANA

One very interesting fact: Zodiac said on 9/27/69 to Bryan Hartnell that he had escaped from "Deer Lodge, Montana", an obscure but beautiful small town that has a state prison. How many people in California would have heard of that town, and why would it be on their minds that they would mention it? I think the number would be very small. But Ted had just driven through or by this tiny town in the middle of nowhere with his brother weeks earlier, and he remarked how beautiful an area it was. It made such an impression that it was within an hour of where Ted would buy the cabin he would live in the rest of his life.

A COMPARISON OF SHARED WORD USAGE, PHRASES AND STYLES BY THE ZODIAC AND KACZYNSKI (MOSTLY BY DOUG OSWELL AND A FEW BY AK WILKS)

Z = Zodiac K = Kaczynski/Unabomber

Z = I hope you enjoy your selves when I have my Blast. Jolly Roger Card.

K = For these reasons, I want to get my revenge in one big blast. GX18-2003F, p. 11.

Z = At the moment the children are safe from the bomb because it is so massive to dig in & the triger mech requires much work to get it adjusted just right. Belli Letter, 1969.

K = Its no fun having to spend all your evenings and weekends preparing dangerous mixtures, filing trigger mechanisms out of scraps of metal .... New York Times Letter, 1995.

Z = I gave the cops som bussy work to do to keep them happy. Seven-Page Letter, 1969.

K = This seems to us a thoroughly contemptible way for the human race to end up, and we doubt that many people would find fulfilling lives in such pointless busy-work. Unabomber Manifesto, 1995.

Z = This is the murderer of the 2 teenagers last Christmass at Lake Herman & the girl on the 4th of July near the golf course in Vallejo. To prove I killed them I shall state some facts which only I & the police know. Three-Part Cipher, 1969.

K = To prove that we are the ones who planted the bomb at U. Of Cal. last May we will mention a few details that could be known only to us and the FBI who investigated the incident. S.F. Examiner Letter, 1985.

Z = The police shall never catch me, because I have been too clever for them. Seven-Page letter, 1969.

K = And it doesn't appear that the FBI is going to catch us any time soon. New York Times letter, 1995.

Z = 2 cops pulled a goof. Seven-Page letter, 1969.

K = The FBI is a joke. New York Times letter, 1995.

Z = As of yet I have left no fingerprints behind me contrary to what the police say. Seven-Page Letter, 1969.

K = Contrary to what the FBI has suggested, our bombing at the California Forestry Association was in no way inspired by the Oklahoma City bombing. New York Times Letter, 1995.

Z = This is the murderer of the 2 teenagers last Christmass ... July 31, 1969 Letter (Chronicle).
This is the Zodiac speaking. Numerous correspondences, 1969 through 1971.

K = This is a message from the terrorist group FC. New York Times Letter, April 24, 1995.
This is a message from FC. Tom Tyler Letter, June 30, 1995.

Z = I promised to punish them if they did not comply, by anilating a full School Buss. But now school is out for the summer, so I punished them in another way. Mt. Diablo Letter, 1970.

K = The people who are pushing all this growth and progress garbage deserve to be severely punished. New York Times Letter, 1995.

Z = By the way it could be rather messy if you try to bluff me. Seven-Page Letter, 1969.

K = A special case of Theorem (b) was proved (in effect) in [6, proof of Theorem 6] by means of a rather messy lemma. T.J. Kaczynski. Boundary Functions and Sets of Curvilinear Convergence for Continuous Functions. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, Vol. 141 (Jul., 1969), 107-125, p. 124.

Z = [Called violent movie]"deplorable".

K = [Called bombing in OKC]"deplorable".

A HANDWRITING COMPARISON - ZODIAC AND KACZYNSKI

writin11.jpg

zodiac23.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member