FL - Nubia Barahona, 10, slain, twin injured, West Palm Beach, 11 Feb 2011 *Arrest*

My personal opinion,

Florida has one of the worst foster care and CPS systems I have ever seen.

I agree with that guy on JVM - its not about lack of funding it about incompetence(my word). After 7 years - like he said - can you imagine how THICK that file must have been and yet no one removed any of these children?

Plus, you have to remember this is MIAMI DCF - not West Palm. Miami DCF had the Ryla Wilson case (still have not found that poor child). Also, they had the case of the drunk social worker hanging half out of her car AT A RED LIGHT with a baby in the back that she just took from a family!!!

They need a search warrant - (I still don't understand that)

Neighbors cannot recall ever seeing the 4 children at the house. Only the oldest (the one hurt) has ever been seen.

Kids are between the ages of 7 and 11

There was only one neighbor interviewed who said he saw one kid.

Good question.. and where's the mother too? It's a very odd story.

From the other thread... very tragic... :cry:
OMG - I've been looking and haven't found any other local outlet reporting this. But still, you would think it would have been "known information" of who the 4 kids were and if there was a set of twins - especially the oldest one (in the hospital) having a twin sister.

They said LE is stationed outside the father's hospital door. He doesn't seem to be in as bad a shape as the boy. I've only seen that the boy actually had the acid all over him and he's the only one that's been quarantined.

Local news here starts at 10. I'll post when I hear their report.

I'm sorry, but after rereading the story, the report came only from a source- not an official announcement.

Oh my what did that little boy V see? and have to help do?
Where is the s called mother in this ?????

I'm sorry, but after rereading the story, the report came only from a source- not an official announcement.
Yea I went back and looked but it did say that a "senior law enforcement official" said - so....... Still say, it should be known "inside" information that 2 of these 4 kids were twins. AND, we have accounted for 3 of the children today - so where is the 4th?

Passionflower - the mother is staying with her mother at another residence. DCF took 2 children from that home this afternoon. The father has LE stationed at his hospital door.

I'm waiting for the 10 o'clock news.

Ok - the body has been removed and they are reporting that it is "unconfirmed" but there is a little girl missing from the family and it was the boy's twin sister. Body is partially decomposed.

Father is under arrest for aggravated child abuse for throwing the acid on the boy.

The boy is still quarantined and incubated and is "in difficult medical condition". The father threw the acid on the boy IN the pick up truck and could still be charged with murder.

The mother is still at her mother's home.

ETA: The link where the story will post is www.wsvn.com they usually post it after 11 PM

“Toxic Truck” Driver Lacks State Pest Control Docs

MIAMI (CBSMiami.com) – The Miami man who was found in the cab of a fume-filled pest-control pickup truck along I-95 in Palm Beach County Monday apparently was not legally allowed to do pest control work, according to an investigation by CBSMiami.com.

A search of state records indicates Jorge Barahona, who was found in a truck bearing the name CJ’s Pest Control, may have been having trouble with the pest control business he has run from his Southwest Miami-Dade home since March of 1998.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/02/15/toxic-truck-driver-lacks-state-pest-control-docs/

Death of girl found in truck in West Palm Beach probed as abuse case

The body found inside a truck in Palm Beach County turned out to be the 10-year-old adoptive daughter of the Miami-Dade driver.

Eight hours after 10-year-old Victor Doctor stumbled out of his adoptive father’s pickup truck overcome by toxic fumes, Florida child welfare investigators dispatched to the boy’s West Miami-Dade home on Monday were confronted with a startling question: Where was Victor’s twin sister?

The answer would turn the red truck, near I-95 in West Palm Beach, into a crime scene: The girl was found inside a bag, dead, in the bed of the pickup.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/02/15/2068921/girl-10-found-dead-in-truck-in.html#

Body in contaminated truck is missing girl, 10, police suspect; father of four charged

The police investigation continued to snarl traffic on the interstate Tuesday as motorists slowed to look at the massive roadside scene of police, firefighters and hazardous materials crews. Two blue tarps were set up over the back of the maroon pickup and its chemical contents.

The body was removed from the truck at about 8 p.m. Tuesday. Men in hazmat suits put the body, and the plastic it was partially wrapped in, inside a body bag, then inside a second body bag before taking it to the Medical Examiner's office.

The truck was to be moved later Tuesday night FBI agents finished gathering chemicals and other evidence.

At St. Mary's, Victor was so covered with chemicals that emergency room staff became sick.

"Firefighters had reactions when they responded [to the scene] and we even had an officer who was in the hospital when they brought the child in [and] he and hospital staff became sick just being near the child," Scott said

Jorge Barahona has been placed under arrest, Scott said.

"We have charged him at this time with aggravated child abuse," Scott, the police spokesman. "Other charges are likely. The aggravated child abuse charge stems from the incident on the road with his 10-year-old son who is hospitalized."

The father is under police guard at Columbia Hospital. "He is lucid enough to know he has been charged," Scott said. Police have had short conversations with Barahona, Victor and Carmen Barahona.

"The son was in the passenger seat of the vehicle and he did have acid on his body. He does have some burns," he said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/fl-body-in-truck-20110215,0,1161237,full.story

The last call to DCF was only four days ago.

"Both Victor and his twin, who has not been identified by police or child welfare administrators, had been the subject of a troubling call to the Department of Children & Families’ abuse hotline only four days earlier. The children, a schoolteacher said, were being bound hand-and-feet with duct tape."

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/02/15/2068921/girl-10-found-dead-in-truck-in.html#ixzz1E5QKq9Jw

It's unbelievable that the DCF didn't respond earlier to the reports that the children were tied up earlier. I've had to call the Florida DCF about much less urgent matters and they were out the same day.
Poor kids.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back