PA PA - Marjorie West, 4, McKean County, 8 May 1938

bumping.

I wish there were better pictures of the area she went missing from so we can get a better idea of where Marjorie and the boulder were in relation to the road, the car, and her mother.
Does anyone here live in that area? Does the road still exist?

This case has always struck me. I first read about this case when my daughter was around the age of Marjory (she's 6 now) My daughter really resembled the little girl with her big blue eyes and red curly hair. People would always give her so much attention for her beautiful features and hair color. After reading this story the compliments and attention would sometimes give me the creeps and make me want to hold her even closer.

I always hope that little Marjory, though missed by her family was at least taken and raised by a loving family. My feeling about this case that she lived to adulthood and only had fuzzy memories of her former life. This is all so sad. Bless her and her family.

Is her sister still alive? This would be an amazing case to re open and feature on T.V.

Her sister has passed, but there are other family members who are still looking into the case.

Her sister has passed, but there are other family members who are still looking into the case.

That's too bad. I'm sure her sister held out hope until she died that she might see her sister again.
I'd really like to see better pictures of the area.

Can anyone shed any further information about this jane doe and Majorie West?

That one has been looked at before...I'm not sure if she was ever ruled out or why. Sounds to me like this woman was well off, guessing from her clothes, and maybe very ill (she was wearing "a metal bead chain with medic alert "NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin.")
If Marjorie was adopted, anything is possible as to how her life might have turned out.

If Marjorie was adopted it is reported that the children were often adopted by wealthy couples who could afford to pay to jump the queue so to speak. It is possible that in such a situation you could end up being a only child and inheriting parents assets and money. It is such a long shot but it would great even to know that this jane doe has been considered and discounted.

I wonder if there are dental records on file for Marjorie, or even DNA. Her sister may have given some before she died. Does anyone know?

Speaking of Georgia Tann,according to his autobiography Ric Flair was taken by her in 1950 when he was born. As far as Marjorie goes, it is doubtful to me that the Jane Doe is her. I believe that the man is the best suspect/lead in this case. She'd be 77 this year. She could definitely be alive.

omg I love wrestling and I did read Rick Flairs book too. I'm surprised he doesnt wanna know more about his birth family. I knew a guy on another message board that thought he was related to him. Yes he had a good life, but stealing kids is just wrong.

What does Mr. Beck say in his book about what happened to Marjorie?

I'm not sure if I believe it...anyone else find the story more than a little odd?

I tried to reach Mr. Beck Aug 2009, before this book came about, he never responded. There was no phone listing for the Mountain Laurel Review either. His story now seems really bogus. If it's not he kept this information from family, for his own purposes IMO.

I tried to reach Mr. Beck Aug 2009, before this book came about, he never responded. There was no phone listing for the Mountain Laurel Review either. His story now seems really bogus. If it's not he kept this information from family, for his own purposes IMO.

Very bogus. If Marjorie were found, it would be big news. Somehow no one else knows but this guy? No news stories? And the woman isn't interested in meeting her family? I don't buy it. This guy is a creep for lying IMO.

I just realized there is no police contact info for Marjorie's case...only The Mountain Laurel Review. Is this no longer considered an open case? :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back