TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nanny2five, I agree! I have always thought the older security guard was hinky! He had the authority to detain all three girls and the basement provided a perfect place to hold them. Even if he had been caught he could have said one of them was caught shoplifting. Most concerning was his propensity to interject himself into the case even well after the fact. Almost as if he were 1) purposely trying to keep attention off himself, 2) testing the waters to see how much the police know, and 3) gloating that he got away with it. What he did with them after the fact, I don't know, but it is not unreasonable that he was paid by someone to do their dirty work.

dashamarie, I completely agree with you. I never believed that the "older" secruity guard saw them at 11:00 p.m. at night on the day they went missing. The parents were at the car doing surveillance on the vehicle the night they went missing and would have seen them. Either the girls would have seen their parents, or the parents themselves would have seen them. You're right, he put himself into the mix on purpose. I wonder if he is still around.

I believe so. I would have to go back and read through all the posts, but I recall something where he surfaced just recently to provide additional information that he "remembered". That fact, in and of itself, makes me suspicious. Why is he so interested after all these years?

Bumping this up to ask a question. This case has stuck with me over the years more than others.It always seems like such an innocent thing-3 girls going to the mall and yet turned sinister. I always look at UID's hoping to find a match.

Just wondering if there has ever been info on what clothing they were wearing last?Seems like info that is usually provided, if known.

Thanks

I can't believe after close to 40 years this case still has had no conclusion to it. I went to school (Southwest HS class of 78) in Ft Worth, freshman year, with Lisa Renee. Knew her only well enough to say "hi" too and I've often wondered if they had been found.

Being the kids we were then, many of us felt the girls had run away. Of course since that time I've often wondered at the number of serial killers in those days that being kids we were simply unaware of. I don't have real strong memories of when this happened but I do remember talk of them being approached at the car by a man. But I also remember there being a lot of gossip at the time of Lisa Renee and the older girl wanting to get away from bad home situations, and as I said, it was gossip among a bunch of high school kids. Really nothing more than that.

I am saddened by the fact there has really been nothing more on this case since those days.

I don't believe that the older girls would have taken a nine-year-old with them if they planed to run away.

I don't believe that the older girls would have taken a nine-year-old with them if they planed to run away.

And today, or as an adult, I would agree with you 100%. Back then, in the seventies, at the age of 14/15..probably not so much. This was 1974. The very end of Vietnam, hippies, peace, love, protesting, hitch hiking on the interstates, drive in movies...even with a war there was an innocence about being a teenager back then. Teens ran away all the time, even 9 year olds if the home life was bad enough. And again....we were only 14 and seeing not only a very different world than the one we have now, but seeing it with the eyes of 14/15 yr olds, not as adults.

And today, or as an adult, I would agree with you 100%. Back then, in the seventies, at the age of 14/15..probably not so much. This was 1974. The very end of Vietnam, hippies, peace, love, protesting, hitch hiking on the interstates, drive in movies...even with a war there was an innocence about being a teenager back then. Teens ran away all the time, even 9 year olds if the home life was bad enough. And again....we were only 14 and seeing not only a very different world than the one we have now, but seeing it with the eyes of 14/15 yr olds, not as adults.

I don't think a 9 year-old would agree to run away. And if she did, I think she would have come back home after a few days.

Also, the timing of the disappearance doesn't support the runaway theory. It was right before Christmas. Don't you think they would have wanted their Christmas gifts before running away? IMO, these girls were kidnapped either by a temporary security guard, by someone pretending to be a security guard/police officer, or in the parking lot by two or more people in a van.

I don't think a 9 year-old would agree to run away. And if she did, I think she would have come back home after a few days.

Also, the timing of the disappearance doesn't support the runaway theory. It was right before Christmas. Don't you think they would have wanted their Christmas gifts before running away? IMO, these girls were kidnapped either by a temporary security guard, by someone pretending to be a security guard/police officer, or in the parking lot by two or more people in a van.

Ok, I'm going to try to say this one more time.

37 YEARS AGO, as a group of 14/15 year old high school KIDS, the gossip and general belief WAS that the girls ran away. We had reason to think that way. That is also the stance the cops took at first. It was only persistance from the families that had them looking at abduction later on.

37 YEARS LATER as an adult, I believe those girls were killed within the first day or two. Age, knowledge, maturity, life experience, can change a persons view on things.

This is the last I'll post on this thread. I thought I had an interesting view point having gone to HS with Lisa Renee but apparently it's one that some just want to discuss the validity of high school gossip from 37 YEARS AGO on a 9 year old running away.

Ok, I'm going to try to say this one more time.

37 YEARS AGO, as a group of 14/15 year old high school KIDS, the gossip and general belief WAS that the girls ran away. We had reason to think that way. That is also the stance the cops took at first. It was only persistance from the families that had them looking at abduction later on.

37 YEARS LATER as an adult, I believe those girls were killed within the first day or two. Age, knowledge, maturity, life experience, can change a persons view on things.

This is the last I'll post on this thread. I thought I had an interesting view point having gone to HS with Lisa Renee but apparently it's one that some just want to discuss the validity of high school gossip from 37 YEARS AGO on a 9 year old running away.

I'm sorry if I didn't fully understand your post. I'm sure you have an interesting point of view. We all just want to solve the disappearance of these girls.

I'm just curious what has happened to this thread? It has just stopped. All of the interest and comments have totally ceased by the regulars. What's up?

I'm just curious what has happened to this thread? It has just stopped. All of the interest and comments have totally ceased by the regulars. What's up?

I'm still very interested! I would love to have this mystery solved and these girls found. Could we come up with a list of every possible scenario and then go from there?

I would like to hear from TexasSandman on what the latest is. I too grew up in that neighborhood @ James & 820. Know this case very well and practically lived in Seminary South as a kid. We need to get people interested in this case again.

What about trying to get the case profiled on an episode of Disappeared or 20/20 -- some show like that?

I would have to believe that the families have exhausted those avenues by now. Would be nice to know.

It was common knowledge when the girls disappeared that the FWPD absolutely dropped the ball during those very critical first few hours. In fact, I vividly remember my father, who (was a former Tarrant County deputy sheriff) remarking such along with the most obvious fact "Maybe those two older girls might have ran away, but NOT the 6 year old. If for NO OTHER fact than that, they should've jumped on this immediately". My old man was pretty sharp about such things and he was right. His remarks have stuck in my head for 37 years and I've never forgotten his chilling prophetic words.

FWPD did not even begin to investigate anything until the next day, almost 24 hours later. In fact, old news footage that I've seen from Xmas Eve 1974 (see link below) shows the car was still in the parking lot totally unattended with only (guess who) one security guard nearby in his pickup. No police tape roping off the area. News cameramen going right up to window of the vehicle and filming the one lone wrapped Xmas gift lying on the passenger side front floor. Not one FWPD anywhere to be seen. No preservation of the crime scene whatsoever.

Looking at the footage, it appears to be apx mid-day Xmas Ever before FWPD even came to the scene and talked with (guess who again) mall security.

From 1960-1973 I lived with my parents apx 6 blocks away from the mall @ I-35 & Felix St. I practically lived there and even worked as an usher @ the movie theatre "Cinema I & II" which was in a stand alone building on the far outside edge of the NW parking lot. From 1974-1976, I lived closer to the area where the girls lived, near I-20 and James Ave.

There has been much speculation about exactly WHERE on the mall lot the car might have been parked and I had no idea myself. I had always assumed from all the comments that it was parked in the south (Seminary Dr side) parking lot, which would have been directly in front of main front doors of Sears. However, again after seeing the old news footage, I can tell you EXACTLY where the car was parked.

If you will look at the very first shot in the news footage, behind the mall secuity pickup you'll see a building on top of a hill with a railing around it and vehicles parked behind it. That was the Sears Auto Service Center that stood on the NW corner of I-35W and E Seminary Dr. For those of you that remember, the I-35W southbound service road would be to the left in this shot and you can see the signal lights for E Seminary Dr just above and to the right of the blue light on the roof of the mall security pickup. So, the first shot of the footage is facing south and the car is parked and pointing to the NE, towards I-35W. You can see this is true in the second news footage shot due to the freeway traffic in the background. From looking at the third shot (the one that pans around to the left and the storefronts, I can tell you this..... they parked in the far OUTER east parking lot, apx 10 spaces from the OUTER EDGE of the lot near the I-35W south service road exit.

I've gone to such a degree of description to illustrate one very important point. Rachel parked in one of two of the most isolated areas of the entire lot. The other being on the west side of the mall near the railroad tracks.

This should explain to the many of you who've questioned HOW could this have happened in broad daylight during the holidays. Take another look at the footage which was shot the very next day (Xmas Eve) and the parking lot is nearly full to capacity. Do you see ANYONE walking? Anyone at all? And that was Xmas Eve.

To give you an even better perspective.... look again at the last shot in the footage. As it pans around, see how far the storefronts are away from where the car's parked. I can tell you that its apx 250-300 yards. I used to cross that area of the parking lot every night after I got off work at the theatre as I walked home. So, trust me. I know this for a fact, folks.

It would be my guess that where they parked, the girls would've entered the mall through the Sears Garden Center (which was in the basement) and the took the escalator inside Sears up to the main level and then went out the west doors of Sears that opened into the mall. I say this because ANYTIME myself or ANYONE that I ever knew who parked in that area of the lot..... that WAS the KNOWN shortcut route into the actual mall. Those of you on here who remember..... think back and tell me that I'm not right about this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie