AR AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #2 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is a stretch to say that this Cheryl Wick, b 1983, was the inspiration for the alias used around 1990 by a woman approximately 18 y.o. at the time.

I went to a people finder website (not paying a premium for results) and looked for a Cheryl A. Wicks in Minnesota. it is not always clear what the maiden name is, there were a few more that seemed better matches.

there is a C.A.W. age 47 in Minneapolis, another age 46 in Mound, MN, another age 46 in Mankato, and yet another age 40 in Minneapolis.

Not really a 'stretch' at all, since the Detectives found the contact information with the Minnesota address of this family, the info was given by ElDorado Jane during her arrest for a hotcheck/forgery, the same information was given during an arrest in Texas. This was before the wonderful worldwide web, so I'm with justthinkin, the probability of ElDorado Jane having this information and used it, is that she had close ties to this family, either through babysitting or relatives. Also, the Wicks and their families are large contributers and activists in helping the poor and especially needy children. The excerpt (below quote) came from an article that originally appeared in the August 2008 issue of the Arkansas Free Press. AFP has a website but this article is not there.
Bolded by me;
The murder of a white prostitute in an El Dorado motel also turned out to be a stolen identity case. Though her murderer now spends time incarcerated, investigators still wonder who the woman was. Union County Coroner Curtis Butterfield had been working as a deputy coroner a little over a year when the murder occurred in 1991; he won his first election for county coroner six years ago.“We never did find out her true identity,” Butterfield says. “The police had her Social Security number and identification card. It had her parents’ name on it. They called the house to make an ID on it and a 21-year-old answered the phone. They asked to speak with the parents:

“‘Might I ask what you’re calling for?’ she asked. They told her they were looking for this lady.

“‘You’re talking to the one you’re trying to say is dead,’ she said.”
Butterfield traced the unidentified female from southeast Arkansas to Shreveport, Little Rock, Florida and a little town outside Dallas, where she had been living with friends. But the leads dried up. After the body sat at the crime lab for an extended period, the county had to cremate it.
This was posted here: http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=16703

Another piece of the puzzle, Anthony Dewey Boyd (Boyd Studio) was convicted in 1993, an RSO listed on Family Watchdog and Homefacts, of Offense/Statute: TX:36010001 INDECENCY W/CHILD SEXUAL CONTACT Disposition Date: 11 December 1997 His photo is on both as well.
http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/TX05864775/Anthony-Dewey-Boyd.html

if they called the home in 1991 and a 21 y.o. answered the phone then that Cheryl Wicks was born about 1970, which would make her about 41 now. she would not have been the same person born in 1983.

What about Rochelle Ihm - July 13 1986

DOB: Mar 1, 1966
Sex: Female
Missing Date: Jul 13, 1986
Race: White
Height: 5'3" (160 cm)
Weight: 98 lbs (44 kg)
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Missing City: PHOENIX
Missing State : AZ
Missing Country: United States

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/i/ihm_rochelle.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/3875/810

I really don't think that Rochelle Ihm is the woman found at the Whitehall Motel; she is physically a lot smaller than the unidentified woman.

Was it ever determined why he killed her?

I remember reading she went to the hospital multiple times before from being beaten. I'm not sure a motive was ever determined but based on the perps rap sheet I'd say he was just a naturally violent person.

Hey Everyone! I received an email today from LASD (Diane M. Harris)Missing Persons Unit, letting us know that DNA is being processed at this time between Jane and Ms. Kahler!!

I really felt strongly about Kimberly Kahler. Any word on the comparison yet?

I also watched the video again today and thought I'd transcribe her journal here along with some other information. In looking at her Dallas court documents I was surprised to see an associated name she gave them of Cathrine Marie with a DOB of 1/31/1970. Probably another made up name but one I hadn't heard before.

Here are the notes. Please feel free to fill in any blanks.

HER JOURNAL:
Unknown:
…book. Well I’m going to sleep in the bed tonight. I wish he would talk to me. Maybe I’ll say something to him tonight. Well goodnight.

August 16, 1990
Oh Thank God: He finally talked to me this morning. I don’t believe it. He said he was sorry and didn’t mean those things he said to me. I’m so in love with him. I’m glad we are going to work things out. We had a good time this morning. Hee.Hee…Hee…

August 17, 1990
I thought we would leave today but no such luck! Gail came home today. She didn’t seem very happy to see us still here. Tyrone gave her $100.00 dollars. He can’t get that stupid VW to work. So he doesn’t no what to do. I just want to get to Texas and to work. Gail is leaving tomorrow for Fresno, her grandma had a heart attack. Well I’m going to sleep so night night.

Menus:
Phillius Waterside Lounge, Unknown
Raven Restaurant, Virginia Beach
Worrell Brothers, Virginia Beach

Business Card:
Boyd Sound Studio
Anthony D. Boyd
Wylie, Texas

Known locations/arrests:

1990 Dec 19
-arrested for prostitution in Dallas
-served 13 days in jail (was given 20 days good time)
-gave address as 4300, HARRY HINES blvd, APT 27, Dallas, TX
(The La Casita Motel- until it was torn down only recently, it was a well-known destination for prostitutes)

1991 Feb 4
-arrested for public lewdness
-gave associated name Cathrine Marie w/ DOB 1/31/1970
-gave address as 3211, Forest Lane, #66, Garland, TX
(prev. The Carousel Motel / Carousel Motor Inn)

May 1991
-arrested for hot checks
-Arkansas (El Dorado?)

July 10 1991
Murdered - Whitehall Motel
El Dorado Arkansas

I was reading over some of the past information in this case, and a couple of things stuck out at me that I didn't notice before. I may be wrong, but I just want to put it out there.

First, in one of the pieces that I came across, it stated that this Jane Doe worked at the Carousel in Dallas as a prostitute. Well, the only Carousel I remember in Dallas, is the one that Jack Ruby owned. Well that club closed in the 1960's. The Carousel Club was also a strip club, and not a prostitution ring. I cannot find any other mention of a different place by the same name in my searches. Granted, I have not looked into Dallas County Business records yet, but I still found it odd, as there is no way this Jane Doe could have been old enough at the time to work there.

Second, I know I saw somewhere that she worked at a strip club in Wylie. I could be wrong, it may have just said a bar. However, this is still extremely weird, because in the 80's and 90's Wylie was a tiny little town in Collin County. I live right down the road and it is a fact that there are no (nor have been) ANY strip clubs in Wylie. Due to the extremely strict liquor licensing in this county, it is extremely hard to open a bar, especially in the smaller towns.

I am wondering why these two statements were made, and curious as to how factual they are. If they aren't factual, why hasn't this been investigated further. Also, I did find a Carousel Club in Austin that has dancers. Maybe it was an assumption that she was in Dallas due to the Carousel reference and the infamous reputation of Jack Ruby, when actually the Carousel was somewhere else entirely.

I would love to hear thoughts on this. This is one of the first cases I found on this site, and it really bothers me. Thanks!!!

Gail is leaving tomorrow for Fresno, her grandma had a heart attack.

It may be a bit grim of me to suggest this, but given that people die from heart attacks and in the weeks after heart attacks, even more so in 1991 than today, there is a chance that a funeral or death notice was published around this timeframe that may have included the fact that the deceased was a grandmother to Gail. However, I have no idea how difficult the searches for such info would be.

Forget my last post: Didn't see all of the great info that Texaslil posted. *apologies*

Mannip23, it's too bad that image of WJK isn't more clear but she is making a similar face with eyes half open as the one in the middle of the bottom row on the Doe Network profile:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/81ufar.html

Plus there's that Florida connection.

You know I have to say this...
Even the best liars often weave pieces of the truth into the fabric of their lies. Maybe when she said that Kelly Lee Carr was wanted in West Virginia she meant that little girls wanted to be like Miss West Virginia 1981 Kelly Lee Carr. Or maybe she was in pageants at some point and met her.

Any thoughts?

Maybe she picked the name Kelly Lee Carr because she had seen the 1981 pageant and felt some resemblance to the contestant?

81UFAR4.jpg

14.jpg

http://www.pageantupdate.info/almanac/1981.htm

Please don't post names of people not named in main stream media. Facebook and MySpace pages can be linked to if they can be tied to the victim or case. If the pages are private don't link to.

Thanks everyone, just trying to keep innocent people out of the case. Any research you do can be posted IF you can show a verifiable link between the UID and the names. Thanks again.

Ima

This girl deserves her real name back. Surely someone, somewhere is looking for her? I wonder if anyone who met discerned an accent? Could she have come from another country at a young age? Her looks suggest she was originally a redhead with a very fair complexion. I will continue searching. :waitasec:

ok, totally agree with you. This is one of my long-time most-fascinating cases. I think she could very well be Maja Vojvoda,

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1433dfsvn.html

disappeared from Slovenia May 16, 1986, age 11...yes I submitted it, but no one seems to believe it likely. I am no war historian, but Maja was born in Yugoslavia, which was dissolving into separate countries in a long Civil War (Think "Bosnia") .Many girls and young women were kidnapped, raped, some were forced to become prostitutes...Some young women were sent to America to escape the coming war .Some looked forward to legit jobs; others thought they had good jobs lined up, only to end up as prostitutes. Man were given fake IDs.

I tracked down newspaper articles about Maja Vojvoda, and found out that by the time the search for her was underway, she could have been taken across the border out of Slovenia. Her own father made trips out of the country looking for her.

Remember that 81ufar was believed to have been in Virginia Beach...International ship traffic in that area.It is possible that 81ufar met and fell in love with McAlphin and saw him as her protector when he took her possibly out of a bad situation and into what looked like a better one.I found clues that make me think she's Maja when I watched the video...One thing was... If you look at 81ufar's diary entries, the way she puts the comma after the date, where it doesn't belong...could be English as a second language.Several reports say she was "quiet" .Could that be why?

There's a picture of 81ufar in front of a picture on the wall in a restaurant. When you blow it up, it looks an awful lot like a famous castle in Slovenia. ..There's a picture of 81ufar in front of hay bales. One icon of Slovenia is the hayrack. 81ufar is wearing a white dress with puffy sleeves. I found pictures of traditional Yugoslavian dress and it resembles one of the outfits I saw....I have only seen one picture of Maja, it is black and white... freckled? maybe. I do know that the hot sun of Texas and Arkansas can easily freckle a light-skinned person.Eye color, yes Maja's says green, but this was translated from Slovenian language. And eye color can change. And her eyes could have lightened from greenish blue to bluer blue. 81ufar bleached her hair blonde from brown or red. Maja's hair is listed as light brown. As for the height, yes she's listed pretty short even for age 11. I don't really trust what's been translated.But is she prepubescent?Just starting to mature? Maja was eating probably alot less and alot more limited choices than she would have been in America. In my mind, all that menu collecting could be related to that, too. Leaving Yugoslavia where things are getting pretty bad, there is still food but it's getting super expensive... then being in America, walking into even a simple place and saying, "Wow, this is great", thinking it's a luxury...

If you put Maja's picture next to one of 81ufar with her head turned the same way, to me her facial expression, her mouth looks the same and her teeth, too. I am trying to show that here, but it's not working at the moment. Will try later.

Sorry i rambled. Tired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member