GUILTY FL - Jerry 'Mike' Williams, 31, Tallahassee, 16 Dec 2000 *Wife Arrested in 2017*

What I am puzzled about is why Denise and Brian continue to live in the same house as Denise and Mike did. With the whole town talking about them for 10 years, one would have thought they would have moved by now. Given that Denise had so much insurance money paid out, why didn’t she move anyway. Most people getting $1.5million would buy a bigger, better house. There has to be a very good reason why she is staying where she is and the only reason I can think of is that there is some evidence at that house that Denise does not want anyone to find. A new purchaser may go digging in the wrong place and find something they didn’t expect. There doesn’t seem to be any evidence that Mike left the house that morning; maybe he didn’t. Could Mrs Williams get a warrant for a search? Is it possible to check for seismic activity from all that time ago? Why else would someone with that much money stay in a place where so many are talking behind her back? it doesn’t make sense to me.

When I watched the episode on this case, much was made of the assumption that alligators would not be eating humans at this time of year...yet at virtually the same time of year, within a month, Michelle Parker's disappearance is bringoug out the "alligator" theory once again...just curious to me.

Winter temperatures are 10+ degrees difference in north & central FL. The week Mike was reported missing, was particularily cold here. Also, many gators downstate live in canals & ponds with shallow water that doesn't chill as much as Lake Seminole's vast 40,000 acres of surface, some of it very deep. The same animals behaviour varies in different settings.

I am so happy to see interest in Mike's case. If someone could pry open the good ol boys- school buddies- friends in high places - daddy's money buys protection & coverup, maybe Mrs Williams could finally have peace.

What I am puzzled about is why Denise and Brian continue to live in the same house as Denise and Mike did. With the whole town talking about them for 10 years, one would have thought they would have moved by now. Given that Denise had so much insurance money paid out, why didn’t she move anyway. Most people getting $1.5million would buy a bigger, better house. There has to be a very good reason why she is staying where she is and the only reason I can think of is that there is some evidence at that house that Denise does not want anyone to find. A new purchaser may go digging in the wrong place and find something they didn’t expect. There doesn’t seem to be any evidence that Mike left the house that morning; maybe he didn’t. Could Mrs Williams get a warrant for a search? Is it possible to check for seismic activity from all that time ago? Why else would someone with that much money stay in a place where so many are talking behind her back? it doesn’t make sense to me.

May I be the first to :welcome: you to websleuths! Second, excellent point!

Winter temperatures are 10+ degrees difference in north & central FL. The week Mike was reported missing, was particularily cold here. Also, many gators downstate live in canals & ponds with shallow water that doesn't chill as much as Lake Seminole's vast 40,000 acres of surface, some of it very deep. The same animals behaviour varies in different settings.

There is a famous insurance fraud case in South Africa based on similar circumstances. A man was supposedly eaten alive by crocodiles in June, which is mid-winter. This was 'witnessed' by 2 other holiday makers. Investigators became suspicious when they traced phone calls between the 3 parties.

This is the interesting part. When investigators called for help, an unusual reply came from South African Special Forces. They used to plant limpet mines on boats belonging to an 'enemy' country nearby and had records of all the divers lost to crocodile attacks. There had never been an incident in June, yet plenty had died from attacks in the other months. Further research showed that it is the breeding season and they live off stored food during this period. If we 'translate' this to the Northern Hemisphere, then there shouldn't be any attacks in December.

My mom and I watched a profile of this case together for the first time a couple of months back on the ID channel. At the end of the hour long episode, we both just sat there slack-jawed, in stunned silence. I didn't really put much stock in the supposition that it was too cold for alligators to feed simply because animals do break from their normal behavior patterns on rare occasion. What was far more interesting to me regarding the alligators was that apparently they were so thoughtful as to remove Mr. Williams' hip waders, jacket, and registration card prior to eating him. That worked out nicely for Mrs. Williams' didn't it?
It's really disappointing that after selling Mr. Williams a number of high dollar amount insurance policies shortly before his disappearance and becoming romantically involved shortly thereafter, his wife and best friend were able to sell such a laughable story to not only LE, but also to the courts. And as pointed out by a previous poster, I also believe that the only reason Mrs. Williams and Mr. Winchester have remained in that home is to prevent any search activity by LE.
Sadly, I don't believe this case will be solved either...unless and until someone does the right thing and comes forward. In the meantime however, I'll continue to hope. Thanks for listening to my humble opinion.

My mom and I watched a profile of this case together for the first time a couple of months back on the ID channel. At the end of the hour long episode, we both just sat there slack-jawed, in stunned silence. I didn't really put much stock in the supposition that it was too cold for alligators to feed simply because animals do break from their normal behavior patterns on rare occasion. What was far more interesting to me regarding the alligators was that apparently they were so thoughtful as to remove Mr. Williams' hip waders, jacket, and registration card prior to eating him. That worked out nicely for Mrs. Williams' didn't it?
It's really disappointing that after selling Mr. Williams a number of high dollar amount insurance policies shortly before his disappearance and becoming romantically involved shortly thereafter, his wife and best friend were able to sell such a laughable story to not only LE, but also to the courts. And as pointed out by a previous poster, I also believe that the only reason Mrs. Williams and Mr. Winchester have remained in that home is to prevent any search activity by LE.
Sadly, I don't believe this case will be solved either...unless and until someone does the right thing and comes forward. In the meantime however, I'll continue to hope. Thanks for listening to my humble opinion.

BBM - Yes, agree that it was most amazing! Also amazing is that the waders, etc. all appeared just before the hearing to declare him dead..
Even if it was at the height of gators eating people season, I would not believe he was attacked since there were no bite/teeth marks on anything, and they seem like brand-new when found.

The entire story sounds reminiscent of a similar story up North last year. The wife and husband go on a romantic little cruise, but takes the kids, he ends up missing (in the water presumably dead eaten by who knows what).....and the wife gets off scott free.

Hmmm. There is no justice in this world.

It sounds like there was a book recently written about this case. I can only hope that it will bring more attention to this case. IMHO, there are people that are getting away with a crime and will continue to do so until someone steps up and does the right thing. Mr. Williams mother and the rest of his family deserve answers....and justice. My thoughts and prayers are with the Williams family.

It sounds like there was a book recently written about this case. I can only hope that it will bring more attention to this case. IMHO, there are people that are getting away with a crime and will continue to do so until someone steps up and does the right thing. Mr. Williams mother and the rest of his family deserve answers....and justice. My thoughts and prayers are with the Williams family.

As Jerry Williams told his mom who recalled the conversation in detail, and then had it confirmed by the Experts on Alligators at the Florida University, it's TRUE, that "Alligators do not eat in the winter" they go into a kind of hiberation.,

Jerry was said by his wife and her new husband,, (Jerry's old B.F.F.) that
he was eaten by alligators. :(

I'm looking forward to the book on this story. Let us know the title.

Sure thing Leo! The book is entitled, "Alligator Alibi" and was written by Carrie Cox. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

A few weeks ago I was eating breakfast at a local restaurant. I recognized Ms. Williams and her other son at the table next to me. I debated whether or not I should stop by their table as they were having a lovely breakfast and conersation.

I decided that I had to take a moment to let her know that her son has not been forgotten and that we all hope she willfind her answers.

I stopped at the table and told them that while they didn't know me, that I knew them and that I kept their family in my prayers. i told her that though it had been a long time since Mike disappeared, that I hoped that they would one day have their answers.

Both of them appreciated my thoughts and she gave me the biggest hug and just held me tightly. I was overcome with emotion and began to cry...telling her that I could not imagine the pain of just "not knowing".

The Pain in her eyes was so deep. It was like nothing I have ever seen before.

She asked me if I had read the book and gave me the name and website to find it. lulu.com

I feel I owe it to her to read it.

I can not descibe what a lovely woman she is. She was the home daycare operator for one of my friends children. After her husband died she began walking to lose weight and was known by many as "the lady that waves to everyone" during her walks.

If any family deserves answers...it is this one.

A few weeks ago I was eating breakfast at a local restaurant. I recognized Ms. Williams and her other son at the table next to me. I debated whether or not I should stop by their table as they were having a lovely breakfast and conersation.

I decided that I had to take a moment to let her know that her son has not been forgotten and that we all hope she willfind her answers.

I stopped at the table and told them that while they didn't know me, that I knew them and that I kept their family in my prayers. i told her that though it had been a long time since Mike disappeared, that I hoped that they would one day have their answers.

Both of them appreciated my thoughts and she gave me the biggest hug and just held me tightly. I was overcome with emotion and began to cry...telling her that I could not imagine the pain of just "not knowing".

The Pain in her eyes was so deep. It was like nothing I have ever seen before.

She asked me if I had read the book and gave me the name and website to find it. lulu.com

I feel I owe it to her to read it.

I can not descibe what a lovely woman she is. She was the home daycare operator for one of my friends children. After her husband died she began walking to lose weight and was known by many as "the lady that waves to everyone" during her walks.

If any family deserves answers...it is this one.

Agreed! I am so touched by your post & so happy you did speak to her.... by all accounts, Mrs Williams is a delightful lady & I admire her spunk.

I have friends who know most of the "players" in Mike's story & I believe there was influence, politics & persuation from the get-go that came up with the ridiculous ideas about what may have happened. Mike's so-called friends, let him down... some did even worse than that.

My guys duck hunt on Lake Seminole & everyone knows you do not take the retrievers when it's warmer. As much as my dogs love a boat ride, they cannot go with me on a photo safari in good weather. But when it's freezing, the gators are no threat. And it was very cold the week Mike disappeared.

Seminole is a regular place for our recreational activities. We see plenty of gators on the lake when photographing, boating, skiing, fishing, diving or riding wave runners but never in really cold weather. Everyone with minimal knowledge of the lake knows better.

I find myself browsing this thread every few months in hopes of finding an update. Sadly, it appears that Mr. Williams is still missing. Hopefully someone will come forward and do the right thing. I think we can all agree that the Williams family has been waiting long enough. Still keeping the family in my prayers!

His mom is amazing:rocker:
Such strength and determination,I would have done the same,keep on fighting!

The repeat episode of Disappeared featuring Mike's disappearance is on the ID channel this morning. It's hard to believe the 12 year anniversary of his disappearance just passed! :(

I wonder what Mike's (ex) wife and his "best friend" are up to these days. :furious:

Bump

http://blogs.tallahassee.com/grieving-mother-sends-240-letters-to-gov-scott-with-not-a-single-reply/

personally,I don't think he drowned in that lake nor that he was eaten by alligators.Nor do I believe he ran off ,he was such a devoted father.My money is on the wife and her new husband.She wanted him declared dead before the search was even over,disgusting!The friend seemed way too interested in how it's done as well.Poor Mike.

Probably important to reiterate too, that the wife's newer husband was also Jerry's supposed best friend.

Probably important to reiterate too, that the wife's newer husband was also Jerry's supposed best friend.

Some cases just eat me up :furious:. This is now one of them! So sad for his little girl, his mom and family. All for greed. How do some people live with themselves?!

Some cases just eat me up :furious:. This is now one of them! So sad for his little girl, his mom and family. All for greed. How do some people live with themselves?!

By compartmentalization. Denying a conscience room. Putting it as though it doesn't exist somewhere in a compartment I would suppose. They sleep well at night I'm sure.

I can recall another young wife doing a similar act of compartmentalizing her dead/drowned husband. So I'm thinking this happens more then we know

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back