POI: Michael Pak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know anything about what MP is doing now or his actual whereabouts?

IIRC LE has 'cleared' him

But I have more questions

1) How many people were at the party at JB's?

2) Did JB hire you to provide a girl, or did he contract directly with SG?

3) Did SG pay you?

4) Did anybody pay you?

5) Had you been to Oak Beach before?

6) Did you know any of the LISK victims?

How do we get an Investigative Reporter to ask MP these questions?

Finally, even if MP is the culprit in SG's death, I do not think LE will ever have enough evidence to convict him.

Even if a conviction is not possible the truth would be nice.

Heck if someone can give me contact information, I will write to him myself.

MOO

It's hard to post and quote with an iPad ugh still need my computer. There is this article here that states MP went to GA. Interesting enough it mentions the drifter too! There ya go if true you have the link of why SG was brought to that party. I can see now why SG was afraid of MP, perhaps she figured something out during the party? This needs more figuring out of course. IMO
http://bayridgejournal.blogspot.com/2011/01/body-dump-at-gilgo-beach.html

Also I have read it before he was in GA

Grr iPads I even hit the wrong link at times trying to get to a thread it will bring me to a persons page.

Thanks Quiet girl, Your Bay Ridge Journal link is one place where I read that Pak intimated to GC he was partying with Shannan at JB's that night. So much in that article is very specific and carefully researched that IMO it is true:

" . . Pak said he was looking for Gilbert; that they had been partying and that Gilbert had gotten upset".

and now from Lil Miss' REUTERS link:

" . . He said he was having a party that Gilbert was at and she got upset," he said. "The man said he was trying to get her to come back."

In my opinion, MP told that story since it would have been rather awkward to say "Your neighbor was partying with a prostitute who got away from him and I am trying to get her back for him." I find MP to be a very nefarious character with zero credibility. All of his comments are self-serving.

Thanks Quiet girl, Your Bay Ridge Journal link is one place where I read that Pak intimated to GC he was partying with Shannan at JB's that night. So much in that article is very specific and carefully researched that IMO it is true:

" . . Pak said he was looking for Gilbert; that they had been partying and that Gilbert had gotten upset".

and now from Lil Miss' REUTERS link:

" . . He said he was having a party that Gilbert was at and she got upset," he said. "The man said he was trying to get her to come back."
interesting
I was thinking of this drifter angle and it has me so mad. Why not just say who he is everyone else was outed. There is something here imo.

In my opinion, MP told that story since it would have been rather awkward to say "Your neighbor was partying with a prostitute who got away from him and I am trying to get her back for him." I find MP to be a very nefarious character with zero credibility. All of his comments are self-serving.

How exactly was Pak's "you guys are trying to kill me" comment self serving?
We all saw him hesitate before he said it, I don't think he wanted to say that, but it was the truth so he said it, and it certainly doesn't seem self serving to me.

Lies/stories, imo, are harder to find when mixed with a bit of truth?
:waitasec:

How exactly was Pak's "you guys are trying to kill me" comment self serving?
We all saw him hesitate before he said it, I don't think he wanted to say that, but it was the truth so he said it, and it certainly doesn't seem self serving to me.

If PAK is telling the truth about her saying "they are trying to kill me" then he must also be telling the truth when he says SG acted this way many other times at other people's homes flipping out for no apparent reason, right?

If PAK is telling the truth about her saying "they are trying to kill me" then he must also be telling the truth when he says SG acted this way many other times at other people's homes flipping out for no apparent reason, right?

I don't think so.

One of the things I have never been able to get a clear answer on, is exactly WHEN were the tapes erased? Surely, LE would have asked for them when they got there on the morning Shannan went missing.... oh never mind - silly me! I keep forgetting that there is a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense about this case - including some of the behavior and statements from LE. :what:

I've been wondering about that myself--WHEN were they erased and WHO erased them? GC? Also, another thing that's really been bugging me is how in the **** did Pak get past the gate to leave Oak Beach? It's doubtful that Brewer would've given him the combination. I haven't been able to find the pic of it from ground level, as I recall it seemed to be sort of a "genteel" gate. From the above shot on google maps it looked like there was an area that a vehicle could fit through. Perhaps it was possible for Pak to drive around the gate. I just think about how incredibly revealing those tapes would've been...

Can anyone provide a link with Pak actually saying this? Otherwise, it is a secondhand claim from the officer who wrote the article saying Shannan was calm, not a quote from Pak. This officer/former officer, from my understanding, not being an active investigator on this case BTW.

This is the one thing that doesn't necessarily add up with Pak being totally self-serving as TS pointed out. Why would he go there with saying Shannan was accusing him of trying to kill her if he was protecting himself? Also, Pak did state in his A&E interview that he tested SG's clarity in the house by asking her if she had ever seen "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" and that when she answered yes he knew she had some wits about her. So, even though he said she was acting strangely, OTOH, he claims that she was not completely divorced from reality.

Once again, the A&E link, go to 1:13:00 for referenced material:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEMqID9lQTw"]Long Island Serial Killer Documentary - YouTube[/ame]

It's all this stuff that is so maddeningly confusing. I wish we had that 911 tape, but I don't think we ever will!

I've been wondering about that myself--WHEN were they erased and WHO erased them? GC? Also, another thing that's really been bugging me is how in the **** did Pak get past the gate to leave Oak Beach? It's doubtful that Brewer would've given him the combination. I haven't been able to find the pic of it from ground level, as I recall it seemed to be sort of a "genteel" gate. From the above shot on google maps it looked like there was an area that a vehicle could fit through. Perhaps it was possible for Pak to drive around the gate. I just think about how incredibly revealing those tapes would've been...

Never having lived in a gated community, how do the gates work? Is it a situation where you need to be let in or have a code to enter but not to exit? Like for example, to enter certain areas of my work building and apartment building, you need access to enter, but can just push open to leave.

I live in one and they are all different but, generally speaking no you can just drive out.

Can anyone provide a link with Pak actually saying this? Otherwise, it is a secondhand claim from the officer who wrote the article saying Shannan was calm, not a quote from Pak. This officer/former officer, from my understanding, not being an active investigator on this case BTW.

This is the one thing that doesn't necessarily add up with Pak being totally self-serving as TS pointed out. Why would he go there with saying Shannan was accusing him of trying to kill her if he was protecting himself? Also, Pak did state in his A&E interview that he tested SG's clarity in the house by asking her if she had ever seen "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" and that when she answered yes he knew she had some wits about her. So, even though he said she was acting strangely, OTOH, he claims that she was not completely divorced from reality.

Once again, the A&E link, go to 1:13:00 for referenced material:

Long Island Serial Killer Documentary - YouTube

It's all this stuff that is so maddeningly confusing. I wish we had that 911 tape, but I don't think we ever will!

i answered that already, the newsday article never references pak. the retired detective could be speaking about diaz or someone we don't know, or he could have been pushing the spin, a necessary component to suffolks largest investigation ever.

i answered that already, the newsday article never references pak. the retired detective could be speaking about diaz or someone we don't know, or he could have been pushing the spin, a necessary component to suffolks largest investigation ever.

Ah, thanks, rereading it I see. I think when I see the words Shannan and Gilbert and driver my brain immediately defaults to Michael Pak. The importance of reading carefully, which I'm usually good at. Thanks!

Never having lived in a gated community, how do the gates work? Is it a situation where you need to be let in or have a code to enter but not to exit? Like for example, to enter certain areas of my work building and apartment building, you need access to enter, but can just push open to leave.

Oh, didn't even consider that angle-thanks!

MOO

Attachments

• gate.bmp
    723.1 KB · Views: 60
here's the actual (taken from Charlie Hannon PI video)

Could there be two openings because that IS NOT the gate that we stood at for the vigil.... It was a standard swing arm gate.... There was no sign there either, just a gate, and people (including the DR) coming through there back and forth all day and LE checking all ID of those who came and went.... SO this is odd that where we were for the vigil is different from what you are posting as the spot...

I can actually tell you that I am a million percent sure that is not the gate that we were at......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23