Questions Welcome Here!

Hello every one, i'm new and still learning how to navigate this board. I love every ones posts here, they are civil and respectful, even if they disagree or debate. Well done!!

I was looking on the board for a thread that discusses the ID TV show....I wanted to know if anyone here watches it. I saw an episode a few months ago and cant remember the state and name of the case. It rang a bell (sounded like a similar case i heard of before) for some reason.

Is there a thread here dedicated to just ID TV so i can search it? For some reason i'm not allowed to start new threads lol

Thanks and keep up the great topics :)

LOL i just noticed the post above mine. WOW, i need more coffee....sorry. THATS why i'm limited, im new :what:

I'm making more coffee and i will continue my quest for a ID TV Cases thread.

Hi, I'm a new member. I joined because I want to start a discussion about a young man (I don't know) missing for over two weeks now, lost in the desert. I gather threads about missing people are added in the missing forum, but as a new member I don't have the ability to create a new thread. What am I supposed to do?

Thanks

Hi, I'm a new member. I joined because I want to start a discussion about a young man (I don't know) missing for over two weeks now, lost in the desert. I gather threads about missing people are added in the missing forum, but as a new member I don't have the ability to create a new thread. What am I supposed to do?

Thanks

Hi Ninety5rpm :)

You do need a certain amount of posts before you can start a new thread. If you would like for me to start one for you, you can either pm me or post it here and I can do that for you until you are able to start them on your own.

It doesn't take long, keep posting and its good to have you with us!

:welcome4:

Hello every one, i'm new and still learning how to navigate this board. I love every ones posts here, they are civil and respectful, even if they disagree or debate. Well done!!

I was looking on the board for a thread that discusses the ID TV show....I wanted to know if anyone here watches it. I saw an episode a few months ago and cant remember the state and name of the case. It rang a bell (sounded like a similar case i heard of before) for some reason.

Is there a thread here dedicated to just ID TV so i can search it? For some reason i'm not allowed to start new threads lol

Thanks and keep up the great topics :)

Hi Tilmylastbreath!

I didn't see a thread on the ID TV show started. You may want to check here... Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

You will be able to start new threads after I think its 50 posts, your almost there. Welcome to Websleuths! Good to have you here.

:welcome::greetings::welcome:

I don't know if this is the right category, there are so many in here! :)

I was looking at www.missingkids.com, and I was surprised by the fact that there were a lot of runaways, and many of them have been missing for years. I don't live in the US, so therefore I don't know how the system works. What happens to them?

I mean, is it easy to change your name in the US? Can't the LE track down the runaways with their social security number? Is it possible to live off the grid? Or does it pop up some sign saying "This person is reported missing" whenever they are trying to get a new passport for example, or get a new bank account or something? I mean, can you just go on and live your life like you want to, even though your parents/guardian have filed a missing person report?

I've thought about this for a long time, if there's some kind of follow-up, or if the runaways aren't "interesting" to the police, and if the parents gets to know where their child is.

I'd be really happy if someone could write a brief explanation! :)
Because it seems like the runaway cases don't get that much attention in media, which of course is understandable, but at the same time it's not.

Have a question about a case or loved one you have missing? Leave your questions here!

Please help us get this story out and to help us with our Petition asking for justice for this shooting. I have added the petition site and other news stories about this case.. please help us.. thank you!

A Police officer shot six times and hitting her 4 times in the back an Unarmed 54 year old Sunday School teacher Patricia Cook killing her in broad daylight in the middle of town by a Sunday school parking lot while she was driving away in Culpeper, VA. The officer reported that his arm was caught in her window and that he was dragged. Two eye witness said that isn’t what happened. Close to 800 people have signed a petition asking for justice to be severed for this shooting of Patricia Cook. The officials are handling this behind closed doors and we are asking for a public court hearing. Please help if you feel that a life taken should be handled in the open to make sure that things are handled fairly. Here is the petition site with a facebook page and a Washington DC news channel doing a story on it. We all know that cops have a very hard job and do not want to bash them but just to make sure that this is handled fairly in a Court of Law. Thanks!
http://www.change.org/petitions/spe...ainst-police-officer-who-killed-patricia-cook
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Justice-for-Patricia-Cook/405709186116293
http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=204090
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/0...sue-statements-about-patricia-cook-72622.html
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/0...sband-files-wrongful-death-lawsuit-75947.html
http://www.wusa9.com/rss/article/189808/158/Va-Police-Officer-Shoots-Kills-Woman-In-Va
http://www.readthehook.com/103920/n...ed-woman-has-multiple-monikerstizens-petition
http://wusa9.com/news/article/20529...ce-Officer-In-Shooting-Death-Of-Patricia-Cook
FOX 2 News - Family Wants Answers After Woman Shot, Killed By Officer - YouTube

Hi I dont know where else to ask this. Mod,s if this is in the wrong place please delete or remove. I was wondering if any of ya'll have heard about the warrior Eli hoax? It came to a head on mothers day but has been going on for years. A group of us that were taken in by the hoax are trying to unravel it. We want to prevent the person or persons responsible from hurting anyone else in the future. We also think this person needs some psychiatric help. If any of you that have more sleuthing ability than me would like to help we sure could use it. Not sure if its ok to post a link to the warrior Eli is a Hoax blog,but you can google it.Thanks so much for your time. Mod's if I did this wrong I'm sorry.

Hi I dont know where else to ask this. Mod,s if this is in the wrong place please delete or remove. I was wondering if any of ya'll have heard about the warrior Eli hoax? It came to a head on mothers day but has been going on for years. A group of us that were taken in by the hoax are trying to unravel it. We want to prevent the person or persons responsible from hurting anyone else in the future. We also think this person needs some psychiatric help. If any of you that have more sleuthing ability than me would like to help we sure could use it. Not sure if its ok to post a link to the warrior Eli is a Hoax blog,but you can google it.Thanks so much for your time. Mod's if I did this wrong I'm sorry.

Hi jen&jonhart :greetings:

I'm not familar with this hoax, but it does sound interesting. You may want to start a thread in the Up to the Minute forum where you can discuss it and a lot more or our members will see it. Here is the link to Up to the Minute... Up to the Minute - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Ima

Hi, I have a question. How long should it take someone to show up in NamUs after they are reported missing? This has been published in a print paper and the online version and I'm not yet seeing this woman..... so I'm basically wondering how long it usually takes...

http://news.hjnews.com/news/article_56e5c40a-e17b-11e1-bd07-0019bb2963f4.html#.UCKyZrwkNh8.facebook

Hi crissianni,

I'm not sure how long it takes to show up on NAMUS. Maybe someone else can help us out with an answer to that question.

Ima

Hello. I'm new and just wondering if there is a way for me to search the sight to see if there is a thread dedicated to a certain case from a little while ago. Thanks!

Hello. I'm new and just wondering if there is a way for me to search the sight to see if there is a thread dedicated to a certain case from a little while ago. Thanks!

Hi pearlgirl!

Welcome to Websleuths! I'm not sure you can search right away. You may need to post some before you get to search, start new threads etc. Its not many and the posts add up very quickly. Just jump in to any of our missing cases. We appreciate the help.

As for searching if you go to the top of the page you will see where it says Home User CP Blogs FAQ etc. Go to the Search and click on it.
Type in the name of the person you are searching and it should come up.

If you need help or have any questions let me know. Good to have you with us!!!

Ima

Hi pearlgirl!

Welcome to Websleuths! I'm not sure you can search right away. You may need to post some before you get to search, start new threads etc. Its not many and the posts add up very quickly. Just jump in to any of our missing cases. We appreciate the help.

As for searching if you go to the top of the page you will see where it says Home User CP Blogs FAQ etc. Go to the Search and click on it.
Type in the name of the person you are searching and it should come up.

If you need help or have any questions let me know. Good to have you with us!!!

Ima

Thank you for your help! : ) Unfortunately though, it doesn't look like there was ever a thread about it. I appreciate the help though.

Thank you for your help! : ) Unfortunately though, it doesn't look like there was ever a thread about it. I appreciate the help though.

If you don't see the case here, and its still going on you can always start a thread on it. Or let me know and I can help you do this too!

Ima

I don't know if this would be the right place for this question, but I figured it's worth a shot...I am a graduate student in Criminology with a concentration in Criminal Behavior Analysis. As my Master's Thesis (and because of my own passion for solving crime, particularly cases about missing young women in our country), I have decided to pen a book about eight missing young ladies and the details of their still-unsolved cases. So far, I have reached out to a parent of a missing young girl who I intend to be the first chapter of my book. She at first said she wanted to talk to me, but then said her attorney said that she shouldn't, and that I cannot use her daughter's name or write about her at all in my book. My question is, is this true? Can an attorney truly prevent me from writing a book about a public case, so long as the facts I am using are factual, public ones? Or am I looking at a lawsuit if I do? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back