VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal take on this case is that Amy was murdered sometime at night on the cruise ship, probably by one of the workers on the ship. I have been on over 10 cruises in my life (including Royal Caribbean 3 times), and the rails are pretty high for someone to fall off accidentally...even if extremely drunk. It's just not something one really wants to do anytime, especially at night or early morning as is the case here. Suicide cannot be ruled out, but from what her family has said about her it seems unlikely, as she was supposed to start a new job.

The selling her into prostitution in the Caribbean theory I highly doubt. The ship worker who was with Amy the night before gave some vague answers. I would focus on him.

I understand that with all the stories the past few years about cruise ship mishaps that happen all the time makes some think that oh, well, she must have been drunk and fell over the rail and drowned. But when you think about it and how many people go on cruises yearly throughout the world and the number of people falling overboard accidentally is beyond rare. Probably have a better chance of getting struck by lightning, really.

I can't imagine where you got this idea. Amy Bradley has been seen numerous times over the years, including her photos on an internet website. She was not murdered, she was abducted. Suicide is ridiculous. jmo

After doing a little investigating and watching "Vanished"...Steve Croes is not mentioned at all as a POI in the Amy Bradley case. ONLY Alistair Douglas and after finding pics of him, he is definitely the one dancing with Amy. Alistair was also given a polygraph and questioned by the FBI per Amy's parents. There was not enough evidence to arrest him for kidnapping. HE is the one that knows what happened to Amy. How her parents are able to control themselves and not go to where he is and do whatever they need to do (waterboarding comes to mind!) until he tells them what he knows, is beyond me. I pray for Amy to come home and have her and her parents have some peace.

link to "Vanished" with info

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/vanished-with-beth-holloway/video/full-episodes/episode-3-amy-bradley

Link to Alister Douglas' website for his band with his bio...disgusting that he just carries on with his life when he was the last to see Amy.

http://unitedsoundband.webs.com/bandmembers.htm

It was a different Steve Croes that was aboard the ship with Amy. He's much older then the Steve Croes from Aruba who was only 17 at the time.

Could they be related?

Sure it's possible but there are alot of Croes..The Steve Croes that was in the band was twice Steve's age and is living in the U.S.

The report by a PI about Steve Croes on one of the Blogs being the same Steve Croes from Aruba in the NH case is 100% FALSE

I can't imagine where you got this idea. Amy Bradley has been seen numerous times over the years, including her photos on an internet website. She was not murdered, she was abducted. Suicide is ridiculous. jmo

Hopefully 1 day she will be able to be back with her family. So sad :(

When I saw that Amy's case had been discussed today, I was SO hoping for good news. There are some cases that just stick with you and Amy's is one of them for me. I believe that she is alive somewhere and I pray that someday (soon!) she is reunited with her family. When ever we vacation in the Caribbean (we live in FL, so we are able to do that relatively often) I find myself looking at women trying to see any resemblance of Amy in them.

Anything new? Praying for amy! I don't understand, if they know she is living, can't they just bring her home???

Anything new? Praying for amy! I don't understand, if they know she is living, can't they just bring her home???

They dont know where she is or they would be likely to bring her home

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

What about contacting doctors or hospitals in the caribbean. If Amy is being held against her will and forced into prositution then ther eis a good chance that in the fourteen years since she has disappeared she will have needed medical attention. Even if they did not take her to a legitimate doctor or hospital, there is a chance that a doctor or health care professional has heard rumours. Or you could try asking local prostitutes, they normally now where the foreign competition is. Local women woring freely as prostitues might use sexual health clinics, so what about advertising there.

I don't understand why they don't get someone to go undercover, express interest in amy, then rescue her

Have the sightings and photograph of her every been actually verified. It seems a lot of people have seen her, and noticed something unusual enough to take note, yet did nothing at the time.
I always did wonder if she just fell off the ship. It is rare, but not as rare as girls being kidnapped off ships and sold into prositution. Her father says she got back late and went to the balcony. Perhaps she was standing there, maybe even slightly tipsy, and was leaning against the rail smoking. Suddenly she drops the ciggerette pacet, and instinctively leans forward to grab at them, and loses her balence and falls. The fall would probably be enough to knock her out so she could not swim. This would explain why her shoes, but not her ciggerettes, were there. Her father says something woke him up, perhaps it was the splash or Amy crying out.
The sightings could be explained away, by a similar looking girl,people being mistaken, or even exagerating to get into the press. I never thought the story of the man who spoke to Amy and said she told him "I'm Amy Bradley" as if she thought he would recognize her name was very credible. Why would Amy think people knew who she was, I doubt she was allowed to watch american TV or read those magazines. If it is true, then it could easily be someone who looks a bit similar trying to see if she could con someone. And why kidnap an adult who is on holiday to work in prostitution. There are plenty of white women who live in South America and the caribbean who could be tricked into going there of their own free will (in Europe there is a big problem with girls from eastern europe being tricked into coming here with promise of good jobs and then forced into prostitution). Why kidnap someone you know will be looked for?

I don't understand why they don't get someone to go undercover, express interest in amy, then rescue her

They've already done this and it ended up badly. The PI ended up taking all their money and losing time that they could have used finding Amy.

Have the sightings and photograph of her every been actually verified. It seems a lot of people have seen her, and noticed something unusual enough to take note, yet did nothing at the time.
I always did wonder if she just fell off the ship. It is rare, but not as rare as girls being kidnapped off ships and sold into prositution. Her father says she got back late and went to the balcony. Perhaps she was standing there, maybe even slightly tipsy, and was leaning against the rail smoking. Suddenly she drops the ciggerette pacet, and instinctively leans forward to grab at them, and loses her balence and falls. The fall would probably be enough to knock her out so she could not swim. This would explain why her shoes, but not her ciggerettes, were there. Her father says something woke him up, perhaps it was the splash or Amy crying out.
The sightings could be explained away, by a similar looking girl,people being mistaken, or even exagerating to get into the press. I never thought the story of the man who spoke to Amy and said she told him "I'm Amy Bradley" as if she thought he would recognize her name was very credible. Why would Amy think people knew who she was, I doubt she was allowed to watch american TV or read those magazines. If it is true, then it could easily be someone who looks a bit similar trying to see if she could con someone. And why kidnap an adult who is on holiday to work in prostitution. There are plenty of white women who live in South America and the caribbean who could be tricked into going there of their own free will (in Europe there is a big problem with girls from eastern europe being tricked into coming here with promise of good jobs and then forced into prostitution). Why kidnap someone you know will be looked for?

You bring up some very good questions. This story has just stuck with me throughout the years. I too wonder about the sightings, but the photo that is out there does look like her. Also I believe the tattoo matches as well. I think when she said "I'm Amy Bradley" she wasn't expecting the person to know who she was. I think she wanted him to remember her name and take it back to the authorities. She wanted them to know she was still alive. Even so, that was years ago and if she hasn't turned up by now it doesn't seem to give too much hope that she is still alive. It's truly heartbreaking. What I wouldn't give for her and so many we follow on this site to just one day turn up and come home.

I have been following this story since I was a kid, when Amy first when missing. This is one of the handful of cases that just stays in my mind year after year.

At the end of the Vanished episode, it shows that the Bradleys have a PI in the Caribbean...I wonder if he has found and confronted "Yellow" yet? It seems that info was available about him on the internet which would make him relatively easy to find, especially for a pro. Even though he almost surely doesn't know where Amy is NOW, I firmly believe he was involved in trafficking Amy and needs to be brought to justice for that.

<Modsnip>

I'm praying so hard that she is brought back to her family...I do believe Amy could very well still be alive today. I was discussing the Natalee Holloway disappearance with a friend recently and we both agreed that there is one reason she (Natalee) would still be alive today: her "celebrity" status. I know this is dark, but to us it made a lot of sense. The ONLY thing that could possibly lend a shred of credence to the idea that Natalee Holloway might still be alive today is the fact that she would be worth a ton of money to some really sick "bad guys" with money who would get off on spending the night with a "famous" missing person. It would give those types of people a disgusting thrill and feeling of power to do such a thing, knowing they will never report her whereabouts to the authorities. These criminals would pay a lot more than they would with just any, "run of the mill" prostitute for this kind of a thing. I wonder if some of that could be going on with Amy Bradley, although her case is not as well known as the Holloway case.

For the record, I am aware that Natalee was recently declared dead and that most people consider her to no longer be alive (and I agree). I still think that the theory makes sense that some very sick individuals would get off on renting out "the girl on the milk carton", so I'm throwing it out there.

Edited to add:

brit1981 has raised questions about why Amy would ever think that the soldier in the brothel would know her name, or why she would even bother to tell him her name, suggesting that maybe the man had made the whole sighting up. I don't think that makes any sense. Amy most likely recognized him as an American in the service, and told him her name in the hopes that he would help her. She probably didn't think she'd just tell him her name and he'd respond with "OMG you're Amy Bradley, the girl from the news!", but I'm SURE she's aware that her family is looking for her and that she's considered a missing person. She probably just hoped that he would report the incident to someone who could help her and telling him her name was a natural thing to do in that case.

I have been following this story since I was a kid, when Amy first when missing. This is one of the handful of cases that just stays in my mind year after year.

At the end of the Vanished episode, it shows that the Bradleys have a PI in the Caribbean...I wonder if he has found and confronted "Yellow" yet? It seems that info was available about him on the internet which would make him relatively easy to find, especially for a pro. Even though he almost surely doesn't know where Amy is NOW, I firmly believe he was involved in trafficking Amy and needs to be brought to justice for that.

<Modsnip>

I'm praying so hard that she is brought back to her family...I do believe Amy could very well still be alive today. I was discussing the Natalee Holloway disappearance with a friend recently and we both agreed that there is one reason she (Natalee) would still be alive today: her "celebrity" status. I know this is dark, but to us it made a lot of sense. The ONLY thing that could possibly lend a shred of credence to the idea that Natalee Holloway might still be alive today is the fact that she would be worth a ton of money to some really sick "bad guys" with money who would get off on spending the night with a "famous" missing person. It would give those types of people a disgusting thrill and feeling of power to do such a thing, knowing they will never report her whereabouts to the authorities. These criminals would pay a lot more than they would with just any, "run of the mill" prostitute for this kind of a thing. I wonder if some of that could be going on with Amy Bradley, although her case is not as well known as the Holloway case.

For the record, I am aware that Natalee was recently declared dead and that most people consider her to no longer be alive (and I agree). I still think that the theory makes sense that some very sick individuals would get off on renting out "the girl on the milk carton", so I'm throwing it out there.

Edited to add:

brit1981 has raised questions about why Amy would ever think that the soldier in the brothel would know her name, or why she would even bother to tell him her name, suggesting that maybe the man had made the whole sighting up. I don't think that makes any sense. Amy most likely recognized him as an American in the service, and told him her name in the hopes that he would help her. She probably didn't think she'd just tell him her name and he'd respond with "OMG you're Amy Bradley, the girl from the news!", but I'm SURE she's aware that her family is looking for her and that she's considered a missing person. She probably just hoped that he would report the incident to someone who could help her and telling him her name was a natural thing to do in that case.

<Modsnip>

As far as the report by the American soldier at the brothel, I don't see any reason to disbelieve him either, he would have no reason to concoct a story such as this, why do something so cruel and what would be the gain, imo. It's JMO that the witnesses I have read about that have reported sightings of Amy were completely credible. I see no reason or evidence to believe they were not.

<Modsnip>

Edited to add:

I believe yellow was one of the only suspects and was questioned previously. I don't know if he can be questioned further since nothing was found against him when she first went missing.

<Modsnip>

That is so shady...I get the feeling that the FBI does not want Amy found. They don't want her story told.

It seems that officials in OUR OWN COUNTRY could care less about the victims of sexual trafficking - and do not want to bring attention to the issue OR stir the pot. Makes you wonder. If the FBI don't feel pressured to solve the Holloway case, which has sparked a national outcry for years, I don't know what type of dissent it will take for them to actually do the right thing and rescue Amy, or if that's no longer possible due to their neglect, bring the perps to justice.

It literally makes me sick how corrupt our world is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalloryK