CANADA Canada - Montreal, WhtMale 20s, bright red hair, 'Michel' on bracelet, Jul'11

Thanks. That was fast! This unidentied man seems to have a prominent chin?

The journalist that I wrote to about the article says that he has yet to be identified. It is so strange and very, very sad that this young man died alone and has yet to be claimed. :cry:

Any news? :( Surely someone is looking for this young man, he must have been reported missing somewhere?
To me the photo looks like it was taken on the Jacques Cartier Bridge.
I hope someone will come claim him soon.

newbie question here: do we know if his red hair is natural? I am just asking because I don't see red eyebrows and his hair is so bright...I am assuming LE would indicate whether it was dyed?

I would guess it is natural as I also agree that they would probably call it out if it were dyed. The picture is really low quality, but red heads usually have very light eyebrows, mix that with the squinting and the sun and they wouldn't stand out I don't think.

It is my understanding that he is a natural red-head. Funny thing, I thought about him just this morning and I put in a request for an update. I haven't heard back yet. I find it terribly sad that it doesn't appear that anyone is looking for him. Although the quality of the picture is a little bad, it would be very easy to recognize him. Who is he? Why didn't he want to live? Where is his family, friends??

Still unidentified but they added the jewelry he was wearing. I don't think it was posted before.

Version_2_bracelet.JPG

http://www.spvm.qc.ca/FR/documentation/3_1_2_communiques.asp?noComm=818

So, was that an old ID bracelet made into a necklace?

That is a teeny ID bracelet. I wonder if it belonged to a child he knew that passed. That would explain the extra links. Looking at the size of the ring in the picture, I don't think it was made into a necklace, I think it was made into an adult sized bracelet. It looks old and treasured.

That is a teeny ID bracelet. I wonder if it belonged to a child he knew that passed. That would explain the extra links. Looking at the size of the ring in the picture, I don't think it was made into a necklace, I think it was made into an adult sized bracelet. It looks old and treasured.

Yes, I noticed that there were some clumsy repairs done, IMO because it was a treasured piece like you suggested. I wonder if there is any way to date it? For example: was the engraving by hand or by machine? Is there a hallmark of some kind on the silver?

I can see it being a brother's, grandfather's or father's childhood bracelet. I don't think in American culture it is common for a little boy to be given a bracelet. Is it common in French-Canadian culture? That would fit with the name, anyway.

Hi all. does anyone know if he has been compared to Craig Allen Frear? Craig was last seen 4 hours south of Montreal. Craig was 17 in 2004 when he went missing so it would put him in his early 20's in 2011.
My son has dark auburn hair but chlorinated pools and too much sun will turn it a orange/red.
Here is the Charley Project for Craig:http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/frear_craig.html

Hi all. does anyone know if he has been compared to Craig Allen Frear? Craig was last seen 4 hours south of Montreal. Craig was 17 in 2004 when he went missing so it would put him in his early 20's in 2011.
My son has dark auburn hair but chlorinated pools and too much sun will turn it a orange/red.
Here is the Charley Project for Craig:http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/frear_craig.html

This suggestion certainly wouldn't hurt.

The part that I find the hardest to match up to any that I have looked at is his eyebrows. They are very distinctive, and I have yet to find a match that really resembles him in the eyes. His teeth are also distinctive.

Can anyone make out whats on the inside of that ring? More importantly, Is there ANY info out there on this besides this forum? (links are all dead) I feel like its a long shot - but Craig went missing near train tracks , and if following correctly, they lead to canada...

Only letters I can make out in the ring are "akec" following the first capital letter.

The red hair seems like making a match would be easy, but obviously that isn't the case.

This may be kind of obvious, but has anyone tried matching him to European missing persons reports? Since he was found in Montreal, he could possibly have been visiting from France.

I'll check PorchlightEurope and other European missing persons websites and see what might be there.

I noticed the description of the young man's clothes match those he was wearing in the photo.

It does kind of look like this photo is from either a surveillance camera or a cell phone.

I have an unpleasant feeling that this photo was taken immediately before this young man's death by suicide. To me it appears the man is sitting on a railing or guardrail that is at a height, maybe on a bridge. Sharonuk said this looks like the Jacques Cartier Bridge.

I agree with cocomod, this picture is odd. There is something about the look on this young man's face that makes me feel he is about to take his own life.

I know that's a lot to read into a very blurry picture, but it's more of an impression I get rather than something specific I can point to.

Sorry if this is a little gruesome, I hope I'm wrong about the suicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back