TX - Jesus Mora Flores, 47, caught molesting child, beaten to death, 2012

This father should...

• Total voters
FYI that there's a thread about this in Crimes Against Children. And everyone agrees there too.

As a church-going person, I should not say this, but as a parent I say: GIVE THAT FATHER A MEDAL!

Technically, he's supposed to stop the act and call the police and an ambulance. A lot of cases don't fit temporary insanity, but I think this one should. JMO

I am pretty sure that because of "stand your ground" he can use deadly force to prevent forcible felony.
So if situation is as described I don't think he will be charged.

I am pretty sure that because of "stand your ground" he can use deadly force to prevent forcible felony.
So if situation is as described I don't think he will be charged.

My thoughts exactly.

I'd STILL be whaling on the dude....

Best post ever!!!! And, yes... I would be still inflicting just enough pain to hurt this W@#%#$ but not enough to kill him yet, death is too easy!

I love what this man did = it says dont #$%% with my family !!!!

Swift justice!

I see someone voted "manslaughter" and 4 voted "probation". I would really like to know the reasoning behind those votes, particularly the "manslaughter" vote. Anyone brave enough to explain their vote of either of these I would love to hear for discussion purposes.

I don't think that he'll face trial. The crime was commited in the man's home against his daughter. IIRC Texas has the castle domain doctrine. If IIRC that protects him from having charges filed against him.

If it had been a state without such a law then I would have said not to try him for murder but for manslaughter. The reason I say that is because in a state without that law they have to address the death of anyone at the hands of another person. I wouldn't want to see this man face murder charges for defending and protecting his daughter.

Do I think he deserves a medal? I think that he has a very lucky little girl who knows that her Dad will do anything to protect her and keep her safe. That is worth more than any medal or parade.

I can't imagine that this isn't causing him a lot of inner pain. He was forced into the positon that he had to protect his child and by doing so he killed another man. For some reason I don't think he's celebrating.

I'm ambivalent about the death of the molester. JMHO.

(FWIW, I am a survivor).

I see someone voted "manslaughter" and 4 voted "probation". I would really like to know the reasoning behind those votes, particularly the "manslaughter" vote. Anyone brave enough to explain their vote of either of these I would love to hear for discussion purposes.

I explaned my vote for manslaughter above. It was for if he had done this in a state without the castle domain law. I don't think that a state without that law would just not address the killing of another person. Regardless if he was molesting a child or not it would have gone to trial. I do not think he would deserve a conviction of manslaughter. I am confident that if he were taken to trial he would walk out a free man. 100% confident.

I kind of found the use of the word "brave enough" to be confrontational. But maybe that's just me.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/11/justice/texas-abuser-killed/index.html

Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person. Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him."

IMO Instead of a Grand Jury this Father should get a parade!God only knows how many future victims have been saved,and also any other children he may have been victimizing right now.

ETA Am I wrong for smiling while reading this article? ....................................................Nope IMO this should happen to all abusers of children.So sick of pervs getting slap on wrist and wind up having many victims over their lifetime.IMO This is Justice!

NO, in fact the first place I looked for this thread was the "News that makes you smile" forum.

Standing ovation to the father!! I love Texas justice!! Unfortunately, where I'm from (Ontario, Canada) the father would likely be sent to jail.

I explaned my vote for manslaughter above. It was for if he had done this in a state without the castle domain law. I don't think that a state without that law would just not address the killing of another person. Regardless if he was molesting a child or not it would have gone to trial. I do not think he would deserve a conviction of manslaughter. I am confident that if he were taken to trial he would walk out a free man. 100% confident.

I kind of found the use of the word "brave enough" to be confrontational. But maybe that's just me.

Unsure if original intent was directed to be confrontational, however, I appreciate your explanation!

My only argument will be this: every state should have the castle domain law! If I can't protect my family then what next?

NO, in fact the first place I looked for this thread was the "News that makes you smile" forum.

Standing ovation to the father!! I love Texas justice!! Unfortunately, where I'm from (Ontario, Canada) the father would likely be sent to jail.

BBM yes!!! I have been smiling ever since I read it also!

Hey Kat, I saw your post and thanked it, after I had posted. I think we may have been posting at around the same time. Anyhow I in no way meant "brave enough" to be confrontational, and sorry you took it that way. I am not sure what wording would sound better. I just meant that with the vast majority voting "give him a medal" it would take someone pretty brave to post the reasoning behind their vote. I liked your reasoning and glad you explained it. Again, sorry that came across as confrontational.

Hey Kat, I saw your post and thanked it, after I had posted. I think we may have been posting at around the same time. Anyhow I in no way meant "brave enough" to be confrontational, and sorry you took it that way. I am not sure what wording would sound better. I just meant that with the vast majority voting "give him a medal" it would take someone pretty brave to post the reasoning behind their vote. I liked your reasoning and glad you explained it. Again, sorry that came across as confrontational.

Hi Angel. I didn't take offense or anything I just thought at the time it was can of like "draw your guns partner" lol.

:) no worries!

I voted give him probation, just because maybe someone will think something has to be done, so just make sure he is held accountable if something else were to happen:rolleyes: Not likely in this case.

I personally would like to give him a big hug for making sure his daughter was defended when she was too little to do it herself. And from the report i saw on the local news, the people in his town think they would have done what he did!

I don't think that he'll face trial. The crime was commited in the man's home against his daughter. IIRC Texas has the castle domain doctrine. If IIRC that protects him from having charges filed against him.

If it had been a state without such a law then I would have said not to try him for murder but for manslaughter. The reason I say that is because in a state without that law they have to address the death of anyone at the hands of another person. I wouldn't want to see this man face murder charges for defending and protecting his daughter.

Do I think he deserves a medal? I think that he has a very lucky little girl who knows that her Dad will do anything to protect her and keep her safe. That is worth more than any medal or parade.

I can't imagine that this isn't causing him a lot of inner pain. He was forced into the positon that he had to protect his child and by doing so he killed another man. For some reason I don't think he's celebrating.

I'm ambivalent about the death of the molester. JMHO.

(FWIW, I am a survivor).

i think he just hit the guy until he was sure he wasn't going to get up and impede his removing his baby girl from the situation. i don't think he thought he was killing him. just making sure he wouldn't get up until he could get her out of there safely and call LE. jmo

There's no poll option for what I wanted to vote for - nothing should happen to the father and the family should be given privacy to get on with their lives. He was within his rights to protect his daughter IMO, and shouldn't face charges but the medal option is a little too close to celebrating a violent death. A justifiable violent death, yes, and one that I'm not shedding any tears over, but still...there's something a little ghoulish about celebrating it.

You guys are assuming of course that the victim actually WAS molesting this guy's daughter, and he isn't just saying this to justify the killing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back