Shannan Gilbert Found, death declared an accident. #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Peter just a bit confused. Are we talking about if there is a slight raising of the pavement to the grass and the bushes, kinda like a slight descent?

Yup. Someone had to carry at night aka in the darkness, four bodies to the brushes. If it as all level, we can be sure, he didn't just roll them from a truck's bed, he had to carry them.

The photos of the standing water is where they found her belongings. Her body was found some distance away, without her cloths on!

Hey BKS,
I was referring to the 48 Hours promotion video posted just above my original post. If you look at the start of the clip, they show the Marker (cross) for SG and it is partly surrounded by water.
Why would anyone put a marker where her belonging were found? I am under the impression that they put markers where the body is found.
The issue with her clothes "could" be explained with science. Peter has mentioned it before, and I have been doing a lot of reading on Paradoxical Undressing. I read a report that 33% of deaths caused by Hypothermia shows signs of Paradoxical Undressing. 1/3 is significant. There is also another aspect to Paradoxical Undressing called Burrowing. This is where they person tries to burrow themselves in all sorts of crazy places trying to keep warm. It has thrown some investigations in the wrong direction where they believed foul play was involved. But after researching the Paradoxical Undressing and Burrowing angle, LE was able to rule out foul play.
For anyone out there, google Paradoxical Undressing. Either way, it is very interesting.

Hey BKS,
I was referring to the 48 Hours promotion video posted just above my original post. If you look at the start of the clip, they show the Marker (cross) for SG and it is partly surrounded by water.
Why would anyone put a marker where her belonging were found? I am under the impression that they put markers where the body is found.
The issue with her clothes "could" be explained with science. Peter has mentioned it before, and I have been doing a lot of reading on Paradoxical Undressing. I read a report that 33% of deaths caused by Hypothermia shows signs of Paradoxical Undressing. 1/3 is significant. There is also another aspect to Paradoxical Undressing called Burrowing. This is where they person tries to burrow themselves in all sorts of crazy places trying to keep warm. It has thrown some investigations in the wrong direction where they believed foul play was involved. But after researching the Paradoxical Undressing and Burrowing angle, LE was able to rule out foul play.
For anyone out there, google Paradoxical Undressing. Either way, it is very interesting.

As an additional hint, look up, what Ecstasy, crack with alcohol and some other drug combinations do to the body's temperature control. Because some of those can raise the probability of paradoxical undressing from 33% to over 60%. Those here, who are a bit older maybe remember still the Raver parties of the late 90s? Remember those guys, who suddenly danced around half-naked or in the process to throw their clothes in all directions. Usually those were the same ones, who would later show up in emergency rooms.

Sorry can't agree with the paradoxical undressing scenario. That just doesn't any make sense. It makes a convenient story to fit with your theory that she drowned. I'm not buying that one either. Sorry! Furthermore, no one has ever said or proven that their were any drugs involved the night Shannan disappeared.

Sorry can't agree with the paradoxical undressing scenario. That just doesn't any make sense. It makes a convenient story to fit with your theory that she drowned. I'm not buying that one either. Sorry! Furthermore, no one has ever said or proven that their were any drugs involved the night Shannan disappeared.

She showed confused paranoid behavior that night (the 911 call, her behavior when she met later Colletti)
She talked over twenty minutes with the dispatcher while NOBODY tried to killer (or the dispatcher would have heard it)
You need to ignore at least five sciences to hold upright the foul play theory.
I think, that describes the situation of the foul-play-theory sufficiently. Just K, who promised to work his magic if I would only provide a list with open questions, never replied, after I did so, thus the hope of magic is also gone. So, game over. But feel free to believe in it, this is a free country.
The sad part is, that over all this foul-play-theory fight, the real chance to pin Brewer on negligent manslaughter or something like that, is getting wasted.

I beg to differ Peter. As I see it Shannan showed confused paranoid behavior that night because "they" were trying to kill her! If anyone on this board has ever been physically attacked or been threatened, they can tell you, it makes you paranoid and you will have a definite fight or flight response. Adrenaline is a powerful hormone.

She talked over twenty minutes with the dispatcher, she knew the 911 was being recorded and felt safe until possibly her phone went dead. Of course they are not going to harm her knowing she is talking to 911.
Also, 1.)Never has it been proven that drugs were involved that night 2)The paradoxical undressing makes a nice little story but it doesn't fit this case.

I don't know why you think your post rocks. The ME said there were no drugs in her system.

loool, it rocks cause I'm rockin out right now....System of a Down. Get it system...
Of course ME is gonna say no drungs were found. All they can check for on skeletal remains, well, are bones and teeth. All that the ME can determine is a history of drug abuse (not all drugs) that can be found in skeletal remains.

" Results showed that in groups 1 and 3 morphine and codeine could still be identified in the teeth, proving that these tissues may be a reliable source for toxicological information concerning the history of the individual.."

http://www.opioids.com/morphine/teeth.html

She showed confused paranoid behavior that night (the 911 call, her behavior when she met later Colletti)
She talked over twenty minutes with the dispatcher while NOBODY tried to killer (or the dispatcher would have heard it)
You need to ignore at least five sciences to hold upright the foul play theory.
I think, that describes the situation of the foul-play-theory sufficiently. Just K, who promised to work his magic if I would only provide a list with open questions, never replied, after I did so, thus the hope of magic is also gone. So, game over. But feel free to believe in it, this is a free country.
The sad part is, that over all this foul-play-theory fight, the real chance to pin Brewer on negligent manslaughter or something like that, is getting wasted.

The paradoxical undressing and burrowing is fascinating and worth googling. Check out the accounts from those who survived those conditions, too. It's all worthy of a good study.

Worthy science; all five, I am sure. Perhaps more. If the members of this WS thread comprised the jury panel for CPH, I am sure we'd all acquit, Peter, due to lack of evidence. On the other hand, if you queried the same jury members following such a trial, you'd probably find many individuals claiming that they thought the dude was nevertheless guilty as hell albeit solely on circumstantial grounds.

There is no debate here, Peter.

The reason MG would have to take the stand, you realize, is that it's her word against our hypothetical suspect, CPH. She remembers the phone calls. She knows what was said. In short, it's her word against his.

(It goes without saying, Peter, I do not think MG is lyingp. Conversely, CPH is a proven liar.)

So, yes, on a purely circumstantial basis, I add it up and see one gah party.

Paradoxical undressing is the body's response to extreme cold. Unless there was a blizzard on that May night, that scenario is mute.

I beg to differ Peter. As I see it Shannan showed confused paranoid behavior that night because "they" were trying to kill her! If anyone on this board has ever been physically attacked or been threatened, they can tell you, it makes you paranoid and you will have a definite fight or flight response. Adrenaline is a powerful hormone.

Does being shot or hunted by some neo-nazis through the night count? I get the impression, you talk about things, you never experienced. A real good adrenaline rush makes you pretty sharp. Everything is over clear. You should try it occasionally.

She talked over twenty minutes with the dispatcher, she knew the 911 was being recorded and felt safe until possibly her phone went dead. Of course they are not going to harm her knowing she is talking to 911.

:floorlaugh: So they sit there, have coffee and cookies till she is done (instead to take the phone from her) and then they are stupid enough to let her escape from the house (instead of finally killing her) and then, after Coletti saw her, they hunted her down in the marsh to kill her and steal her hyoid bone (from the fresh body, yeah, right).
Lets just say, I heard theories about intelligent design having more logic.

Also, 1.)Never has it been proven that drugs were involved that night 2)The paradoxical undressing makes a nice little story but it doesn't fit this case.

You claim and claim. So where is the contradiction between paradoxical undressing and this case? Nowhere! It just doesn't fit your conspiracy theory and so you claim, there would be one.
And her behavior, which you wrongfully account on mere adrenaline, shows something was there. Together with her drug abuse history, it makes a pretty round picture. So, it is not about what is proven or not, it is about what you have chosen to ignore. And that's a waste of time.

loool, it rocks cause I'm rockin out right now....System of a Down. Get it system...
Of course ME is gonna say no drungs were found. All they can check for on skeletal remains, well, are bones and teeth. All that the ME can determine is a history of drug abuse (not all drugs) that can be found in skeletal remains.

" Results showed that in groups 1 and 3 morphine and codeine could still be identified in the teeth, proving that these tissues may be a reliable source for toxicological information concerning the history of the individual.."

http://www.opioids.com/morphine/teeth.html

Sounds like a long history of opioid use reduces saliva that helps fight bacteria on your teeth, hence yellow and rotting teeth.....interesting.

Attachments

• opioids.jpg
    opioids.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 47
The paradoxical undressing and burrowing is fascinating and worth googling. Check out the accounts from those who survived those conditions, too. It's all worthy of a good study.

Worthy science; all five, I am sure. Perhaps more. If the members of this WS thread comprised the jury panel for CPH, I am sure we'd all acquit, Peter, due to lack of evidence. On the other hand, if you queried the same jury members following such a trial, you'd probably find many individuals claiming that they thought the dude was nevertheless guilty as hell albeit solely on circumstantial grounds.

There is no debate here, Peter.

The reason MG would have to take the stand, you realize, is that it's her word against our hypothetical suspect, CPH. She remembers the phone calls. She knows what was said. In short, it's her word against his.

(It goes without saying, Peter, I do not think MG is lyingp. Conversely, CPH is a proven liar.)

So, yes, on a purely circumstantial basis, I add it up and see one gah party.

I also believe MG is not lying. But in a time of tragedy, memories tend to get blurred, misconstrued or just falsely remembered. That is basic human nature. This can also be proven by science. I would bet a pay check MG and SG's sister believe that is how thing happened 100%. It still does not make it factually correct. And all I think Peter is after are the facts, or at least the facts that we here are able to get our hands on.

Sounds like a long history of opioid use reduces saliva that helps fight bacteria on your teeth, hence yellow and rotting teeth.....interesting.

looool, I have to admit, thats good.......:blushing:

Peter said: Does being shot or hunted by some neo-nazis through the night count? I get the impression, you talk about things, you never experienced. A real good adrenaline rush makes you pretty sharp. Everything is over clear. You should try it occasionally.

Your impression is incorrect Peter. I do know what that is like, not being shot at but being stalked, strangled and left for dead. Happy? So your impressions of my thought processes are weak and misguided. I can put myself in Shannan's shoes a lot better then you, maybe that's why my theory makes sense <modsnip>

Anyone who is being threatened, chased, hunted, or stalked can and likely will be in a high state of agitation. There can be changes in their voice (shaky,rapid, whispering, screaming, etc) and their body (sweating/body odor, shaking/trembling of the hands and or entire body...tripping over things and general clumsiness) all of which can describe SG's state on May 1, 2010.

I also believe MG is not lying. But in a time of tragedy, memories tend to get blurred, misconstrued or just falsely remembered. That is basic human nature. This can also be proven by science. I would bet a pay check MG and SG's sister believe that is how thing happened 100%. It still does not make it factually correct. And all I think Peter is after are the facts, or at least the facts that we here are able to get our hands on.

Yes, dates get blurred and grief-stricken people think through a fog; however, when the phone calls were made, MG was not grief-stricken. She was looking for her daughter. Specifics such as "a drug rehabilitation resources" in Oak Beach do not usually insert their uniqueness upon the mind of a concerned mother who may or may not be remembering things accurately. Understandably, times and dates can get confused. Places. Generalities. Not specifics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member