UT - Sierra Newbold, 6, abducted & murdered, West Jordan, 26 June 2012 *Arrest*

Perhaps he is smarter when he is sober?
Or, when he is drunk?

Maybe he was in the same state of mind (drunk or sober) with Rosie and Sierra... but the opposite and a bit smarter with Isa...

Look at Chelsea King and Amber Dubois. Chelsea was the second victim yet was found quickly.
Everyone said the guy was a first timer because he was too sloppy. He just took Amber to a remote spot and hid her a bit better.

Sierra's Detective B made connections that didn't make sense. Bank Robbery and Child rape/murder.
I don't think some of these slightly different cases can be ruled out yet just because they are "slightly different."

I certainly wouldn't object to them testing his DNA against JonBenet's unknown male DNA either.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-18559_162-661569.html

So... the way I see it, just a few of the top cases.

If he killed Rosie he may have simply gotten lucky to get away with it. It was August, easy to put her in the water.

If he then killed JonBenet, but didn't know the area as well... didn't know where to dump a body... he might just leave her there.
Colorado is also a different enviroment. December is far different than Spring and Summer. That can explain different body locations.

The other girl from JonBenet's dance school could have been a coincidence. Or he could have been scared off before killing her.

Then if he took Isa... Arizona is also a completely different enviroment.
If he put Isa a few miles away in a very remote location... she wouldn't be found without searches.
Maybe there was not any suitable water in the area? So he just took her further away?
Maybe he had to head straight back to Utah and she is somewhere on that 12 hour drive?

Then Sierra... getting cocky/lazy because he's gotten away with it for so long. Just puts her in the closest body of water.

I don't know if any of them are connected... I can come up with reasons that they might not be.
However, until DNA is done and he's questioned I'm not going to eliminate them either.
It certainly would be nice to clear several cases and known he's off the street... :twocents:

I am really hoping that LE will be able to link this creep to more murders. I am willing to bet that is not the first child he has raped and murdered. Since he has been known to go on these month long drinking binges I believe there is a good chance he has done this type of thing before. He might claim he doesn't remember because he was drunk.

JonBenet was killed by one of her parents and the crime scene inside the house was staged. Fibers from her mother's sweater worn Xmas night were found in the garrotte, which was fashioned from one of Patsy's paintbrushes in the basement. A War & Peace length "ransom note" was left with handwriting and phrases the FBI linked to Patsy. Prior sexual abuse of JBR was discovered during autopsy. JBR's name gets brought up every time there's mention of some perp in that or neighboring states. JBR's case was a heinous but inside job, likely the result of an incident of rage that went overboard and then covered up by the parents.

None of these other missing kid cases are related to JBR.

JonBenet was killed by one of her parents and the crime scene inside the house was staged. Fibers from her mother's sweater worn Xmas night were found in the garrotte, which was fashioned from one of Patsy's paintbrushes in the basement. A War & Peace length "ransom note" was left with handwriting and phrases the FBI linked to Patsy. Prior sexual abuse of JBR was discovered during autopsy. JBR's name gets brought up every time there's mention of some perp in that or neighboring states. JBR's case was a heinous but inside job, likely the result of an incident of rage that went overboard and then covered up by the parents.

None of these other missing kid cases are related to JBR.

Thanks for this post. I seriously doubt Black could have gotten into and out of the Boulder house without leaving any tracks in the snow, as well as know the exact amount of John Ramsey's 118,000 dollar bonus, and navigate a house with a difficult floor plan. Plus I bet he could not even spell attaché or faction, much less use them in a sentence. Patsy Ramsey said it best "Only 2 people know what happened to JonBenet.". She just didn't mention she was one of them...IMO

Perhaps he is smarter when he is sober?
Or, when he is drunk?

Maybe he was in the same state of mind (drunk or sober) with Rosie and Sierra... but the opposite and a bit smarter with Isa...

Look at Chelsea King and Amber Dubois. Chelsea was the second victim yet was found quickly.
Everyone said the guy was a first timer because he was too sloppy. He just took Amber to a remote spot and hid her a bit better.

Sierra's Detective B made connections that didn't make sense. Bank Robbery and Child rape/murder.
I don't think some of these slightly different cases can be ruled out yet just because they are "slightly different."

I certainly wouldn't object to them testing his DNA against JonBenet's unknown male DNA either.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-18559_162-661569.html

So... the way I see it, just a few of the top cases.

If he killed Rosie he may have simply gotten lucky to get away with it. It was August, easy to put her in the water.

If he then killed JonBenet, but didn't know the area as well... didn't know where to dump a body... he might just leave her there.
Colorado is also a different enviroment. December is far different than Spring and Summer. That can explain different body locations.

The other girl from JonBenet's dance school could have been a coincidence. Or he could have been scared off before killing her.

Then if he took Isa... Arizona is also a completely different enviroment.
If he put Isa a few miles away in a very remote location... she wouldn't be found without searches.
Maybe there was not any suitable water in the area? So he just took her further away?
Maybe he had to head straight back to Utah and she is somewhere on that 12 hour drive?

Then Sierra... getting cocky/lazy because he's gotten away with it for so long. Just puts her in the closest body of water.

I don't know if any of them are connected... I can come up with reasons that they might not be.
However, until DNA is done and he's questioned I'm not going to eliminate them either.
It certainly would be nice to clear several cases and known he's off the street... :twocents:

I really would like to know which cases LE is looking into in order to see if he is involved.

I remember when they arrested Joesph Duncan they then tested his DNA to that found on the duct tape he used on little Anthony Martinez in Caiifornia and it matched. Until that time the AM case had remained unsolved.

So they need to check all open and unsolved cases concerning children in the states he has lived in or traveled to at one time or another.

He may go over and commit another rape and murder and then stay drunk for awhile and finally return home. This may be a pattern and they now need to know where he goes when he goes off for weeks before returning.

IMO

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54477055-78/black-police-charges-court.html.csp

The man charged with kidnapping, raping and murdering 6-year-old Sierra Newbold late last month refused to appear in court Thursday.

Terry Lee Black, 41, refused to be transported to 3rd District Court from the Salt Lake County jail in connection with an unrelated robbery case. Judge Elizabeth-Hruby Mills did not immediately grant a prosecutor’s request for an order to bring Black to court for a Friday morning appearance. Defense attorney Ari Chino said he would try to meet with Black Thursday afternoon in hopes of convincing him to cooperate with officers.

Thanks for this post. I seriously doubt Black could have gotten into and out of the Boulder house without leaving any tracks in the snow, as well as know the exact amount of John Ramsey's 118,000 dollar bonus, and navigate a house with a difficult floor plan. Plus I bet he could not even spell attaché or faction, much less use them in a sentence. Patsy Ramsey said it best "Only 2 people know what happened to JonBenet.". She just didn't mention she was one of them...IMO

Exactly! The evidence in the JBR case doesn't match an intruder, and there's significant evidence that does match the parents. The JBR case was "solved," but no DA was brave enough to take the case forward. The likely perp (Patsy) died 10 yrs later from a recurrence of her ovarian cancer. That case, for all intents and purposes, is closed. Hopefully poor JBR will stop getting dragged into other cases...there is no link!

Reading the earlier comments really has me shaking my head. I saw LE being criticized a mere 4 to 7 days after this case started. "They don't have anything." "They don't know what they're doing." "It was probably the 17 yr old stepbrother in the house." Tsk Tsk.

Do people still think real life is like an episode of NCIS or CSI where a crime case will get solved and wrapped up in 1 hour and LE and all the crime scene techs will provide a running commentary of their investigation? How naive.

Police had this guy in custody in THREE DAYS, and had a DNA match and arrest warrant for the murder before a total of 2 weeks had elapsed from the beginning. That is seriously awesome! It's the one bright spot in an otherwise horrendous crime.

Divine Intervention indeed. First you have someone's boss who recognizes the employee's stolen vehicle at the bank at the exact same time the perp is there (hello synchronicity), stops the perp, calls the police, and that starts a chain of events in which a detective recognizes and listens to his strong intuition and everything aligns. Call it what you want but it's amazing.

Reading the earlier comments really has me shaking my head. I saw LE being criticized a mere 4 to 7 days after this case started. "They don't have anything." "They don't know what they're doing." "It was probably the 17 yr old stepbrother in the house." Tsk Tsk.

Do people still think real life is like an episode of NCIS or CSI where a crime case will get solved and wrapped up in 1 hour and LE and all the crime scene techs will provide a running commentary of their investigation? How naive.

Police had this guy in custody in THREE DAYS, and had a DNA match and arrest warrant for the murder before a total of 2 weeks had elapsed from the beginning. That is seriously awesome! It's the one bright spot in an otherwise horrendous crime.

Divine Intervention indeed. First you have someone's boss who recognizes the employee's stolen vehicle at the bank at the exact same time the perp is there (hello synchronicity), stops the perp, calls the police, and that starts a chain of events in which a detective recognizes and listens to his strong intuition and everything aligns. Call it what you want but it's amazing.

Yep, turns out LE was seriously on their game with this one. They did an amazing job.

On NG..Bombshell tonight...Arrest made.

:floorlaugh:

I'll be good

Guest on NG said killers like this pick someone and figure out how they are going to carry out this horrific crime on them...just sick!

I didn't live in Utah in 1995 so I was not aware of this little girl's case, but in reading it tonight it is incredibly similar to Sierra's case. And like so many of you have pointed out...they look alike also! I just hope and pray that this case is linked to Black and the family can know that their daughter's murderer has been caught!

Yep, turns out LE was seriously on their game with this one. They did an amazing job.

LE did an INCREDIBLE job! The thing that was alarming about this case was the total lack of any information following the original statements. LE said they had a video and that this was an isolated incident - no panic. And then, NOTHING at all. Maybe I was being overly involved because Sierra lived so close to us. But I was having trouble with day after day of NO NEWS at all. Even a daily story simply stating there was nothing new to report would have been easier to understand than NOTHING AT ALL. I feared that it was not being given appropriate high priority when I attended local events and saw 8 to 10 officers manning the entry gates and so on. It just didn't make sense to me.

Please accept my apologies if I'm being redundant, because I haven't followed the thread. I was wondering if the Newbold family had a dog. If not, did anyone hear any neighborhood dog barking at all?

LE did an INCREDIBLE job! The thing that was alarming about this case was the total lack of any information following the original statements. LE said they had a video and that this was an isolated incident - no panic. And then, NOTHING at all. Maybe I was being overly involved because Sierra lived so close to us. But I was having trouble with day after day of NO NEWS at all. Even a daily story simply stating there was nothing new to report would have been easier to understand than NOTHING AT ALL. I feared that it was not being given appropriate high priority when I attended local events and saw 8 to 10 officers manning the entry gates and so on. It just didn't make sense to me.

Just my curiousity here, please take no offense. It never occurred to you, did it, that the suspect was already in custody? It never occurred to me.

LE said they had a video and that this was an isolated incident - no panic. And then, NOTHING at all. Maybe I was being overly involved because Sierra lived so close to us. But I was having trouble with day after day of NO NEWS at all. Even a daily story simply stating there was nothing new to report would have been easier to understand than NOTHING AT ALL. I feared that it was not being given appropriate high priority when I attended local events and saw 8 to 10 officers manning the entry gates and so on. It just didn't make sense to me.

LE is often very closed-mouthed about their investigations. Actually, not just often...always. Every police agency I've ever seen is tightlipped about their cases, though I will say the UTPD was particularly so, with no press conferences. They obviously were very busy and until they got DNA results back from the lab, they couldn't announce they had the perp in Sierra's case because....they didn't know for sure. It was the DNA match that allowed them to issue the arrest warrant. This guy was already in jail on the vehicle theft charge.

Please never assume that while investigating a homicide and keeping their mouths shut (especially a homicide of a child) that LE has forgotten a case or is not giving the case priority, because they aren't talking about it. A homicide is their #1 priority, especially when the perp is still on the loose. They can't put everyone on one case as they still need to attend to other cases and community needs, but rest assured, LE is "on" it even if you can't see it.

Usually, sexual predators become more bold as time goes by. That wouldn't fit him killing JonBenet in her own home while her family slept, to 16 years later, killing Sierra outside of her house. Also, how would he know about John's 118k bonus? He lived in Utah.

Sorry, I don't understand what you meant here: When you referred to "John's 118k bonus" were you talking about Sierra's murder? Or was that a reference to JonBenet?

Yes, that is a reference to the ransom amount asked for in the JonBenet case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back