Cases That Haunt You

Richard said:
--------------------------------------------------------------

Michaela Joy Garecht, 9 years old, was abducted in front of witnesses at 10:15AM on 19 November 1988 from the parking lot of the Rainbow Market in Hayward, CA.

ILene Misheloff was 13 years old and disappeared on Monday, 30 January 1989 from Dublin, CA while on her way home from School, shortly after 2:30PM.

Another girl who is still missing from about that time was Amber Jean Swartz-Garcia, age 10. She disappeared about 4:00 PM on 3 June 1988 from the front yard of her home in Pinole, CA.

They are just three of several California girls whose cases have not been solved.
Requoting myself:
LinasK said:
Update from Contra Costa Times:

"More than 16 years have passed since Mike and Maddi Misheloff last saw their daughter.
Sixteen years of worry. Sixteen years of wondering. And 16 years of candelight vigils to remember the horrible anniversary.
It was Jan. 30, 1989 when Ilene Misheloff, then 13 years old, left Wells Middle School in Dublin at the end of the school day. Ilene, dressed in a charcoal-gray pullover polo sweater and horizontally striped pink-and-gray skirt, was supposed to go to the Dublin Iceland rink for her lesson that afternoon.
She never showed up at the rink.
Detective Mike Toms with the Dublin police, who has been in charge of the Mischeloff case for more than three years, said his department gets a lead on Ilene about every other month.
Mike and Maddi Misheloff have not given up hope of finding Ilene. They and two other volunteers still operate the Ilene Misheloff Recovery Effort out of an office on Village Parkway.
Every Wednesday between 10a.m. and 2 p.m. they send out fliers with Ilene's information and a picture of what she may look like today to law enforcement and fire departments throughout the United States and Canada. Last week they sent out 500 envelopes."
For more information, visit www.find-ilene.org. Ilene Misheloff was 5 feet 3 inches tall and 115 pounds at the time of her disappearance. She has brown hair and brown eyes and wore braces on her teeth. Anyone with information is asked to call Dublin Police at 925-833-6670 or 1-800-635-6306, or the FBI at 415-553-7400.
A $95,000 reward is being offered
LinasK said:
Mystery Momma, Yes I know something about this case, I live in the area. Her name I believe is spelled Ilene Mischeloff. She was abducted walking between school/home and Dublin Iceland. She was never classified as a runaway. She is believed to be a victim of foul play. Her mother still holds candlelight vigils for her and her missing posters can still be found in a few storefronts in Dublin.
There was a murdering couple (James Daveggio & Michelle Michaud) just a couple of years ago that abducted and killed a Phillipino woman from Pleasanton walking on her way to work and dumped her body near Lake Tahoe. They grabbed her off the street and tortured her in their van. They are suspects in the disappearance of Ilene Mischeloff.:twocents:

jodieo said:
I heard back from the reporter, he told me to contact the current JP, she was a clerk in the JP office at the time of the burial. They both attended the service. He didn't give me any more than that. I called the JPs office and left a message with her secretary late Friday afternoon and have not heard back yet.

Hopefully she will get back to you soon, that's a start!

This case haunts me.(One of several) Carolyn's husband and the father of the children, James Michael Brown(a school teacher)admitted to killing them all and gave details. He was found not guilty by reason of insanity by mental defect!

Sheketa, her mother Carolyn and her two brothers, Barry Michael Brown and Brandon Mitchell Brown, disappeared from Port St. Lucie, Florida on July 16, 1985.
James Michael Brown, the father of the Brown children and the husband of Caroline, confessed to murdering all four of the victims. James stated that he killed Caroline and Brandon first, placing their bodies somewhere near West Palm Beach, Florida. James claimed that he then drove to Georgia and murdered Sheketa and Barry, placing their bodies somewhere along Interstate 95. No sign of any of the victims has been discovered.
James was found not guilty of four counts of murder by reason of insanity by mental defect in late 1985. A court-appointed psychiatrist diagnosed him as paranoid schitzophrenic. James claimed he was hearing voices in his head at the time of the murders, something which has continued in the years proceeding the killings as well. He was committed to a mental hospital in Florida after being found not guilty and was moved to a halfway house in 1996. James was released from the halfway house in 1997, but was under investigation for exhibiting psychotic behavior after his initial release. The decision concerning his return to the halfway house was pending in 1998.
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/250dffl.html

The case that haunts me the most is that of Carolyn Majane. Carolyn was 15 years old in 1975 and disappeared into thin air while hanging out with her friends on Main Street in Moorestown New Jersey. As far as I know there are no answers to what happened that night. She was presumed a runaway, as almost all disappearances were in those days. It was not until ten years later that her skeletal remains were uncovered across the street from my house. It seems to me that there are a lot of answers out there in regards to what happened to Carolyn. I know that really no proper investigation was ever done.

(I have copied a piece of an article I have on this)

Philadelphia Inquirer, The (PA)

January 12, 1986

GRIM TIDINGS FOR PARENTS OF MISSING GIRL, THE LONG VIGIL ENDS

Author: Edward Power, Inquirer Staff Writer

Edition: FINAL
Section: LOCAL
Page: B01

Index Terms:
MISSING PERSON NJ FOUND

Estimated printed pages: 7

Article Text:

Nighttime in Moorestown, Aug. 22, 1975, and Diane Pearson, then 17, has just come home from her summer job. She grabs her parents' car keys and rushes back out, missing by minutes a telephone call from one of her best friends, Carolyn Majane, 15.

"I know some people said she was uptown," Pearson recalls today. "We heard she was walking down Main Street with some younger girls."

In another Moorestown home, Susan Norwood, also then 17, has decided to stay in rather than meet up with her best friend, who had telephoned earlier. That friend was Carolyn Majane.

"I think there was a lot more they could have done," Norwood recalled. ''I don't know much about police procedure, but I think at the time they said, 'Listen, we can't do anything right now. We don't have enough men.' They just didn't seem too concerned."

On that same summer night at around 9 p.m., Elizabeth Majane drives two of her children to meet friends at a nea! rby store, then returns home to her husband, John. One of those children is her only daughter, Carolyn.

"She wanted to go downtown," John Majane recalled. "I didn't want her to go. There had been an altercation in town the night before. Some kids had ended up in the emergency room."

"I think maybe we had a false sense of security," Elizabeth Majane said, ''a sense that it was a safe, wonderful little town and nothing ever happened there."

But something did happen to Carolyn Majane.

Why the hell didn't the kids say something??? That bugs me...Didn't the bus driver notice anything???

I know I thought the same thing if I were a bus driver and saw a truck following one of the students i left off being followed i stop again. But this was 1993 and maybe the driver didn't notice and the kids never thought anything like this. i just can't believe it has not been solved and i really thought Joseph P Smith may be the one but I guess not.
I know it bugs me too. I wish one of them did tell the driver. It just breaks my heart all the cases do. The way she was found and then her stuff being found so much later. I still think Smith who is responsible for Carlie Brucia. He had other crimes in this same are which is not far from me or Sarasota. I decided to bring her back thru cold cases who knows just maybe someone will see it and know something.

Richard put this list together on the Edna Thorne thread. I added Carolyn to the list.

Sheila and Katherine Lyon on 25 March 1975 from Wheaton, MD,
Steven Anderson and David Williams on 7 April 1975 from New Lisbon, NJ,
Wendy Eaton on 17 May 1975 from Media, PA,
Edna Christine Thorne on 24 June 1975 from Philadelphia, PA
Tracy Anne King on 8 July 1975 from Littlestown, PA,
Kathy Lynn Beatty on 24 July 1975 from Wheaton, MD
Carolyn Majane on 22 August 1975 from Moorestown New Jersey

Could these be connected?

Shadowangel, I would love to be able to visit Princess Doe's grave. That case has bothered me for such a long time.

This is totally off the topic but its been driving me mad so I will say it anyway, Remeber the Linda Sobek murder, well when they were searching for her body in LA nat park, remember how they also stumbled upon another body also of a model who had been murdered before Linda? Does anyone happen to know the name of this other Woman Its just that it has been driving me nuts and I can't seem to find any info...

Another case that haunts me... The Keddie resort murders.

im looking for connections in the janice pockett case she went missing at the age of 7 in 1973 in tolland ct. she was riding her bike there is a thread on her case. It has haunted me since i got involved in missing persons its a case i want to solve. im looking for connections such as young girls ones who were alone at the time of the abduction. ones who were riding bikes. ones with charateristics that stand out such as hair has a mole on face teeth problems ( janice had a gap in her front teeth). i have little info on suspects only that some sick old man who killed a girl confessed to her murder as well as the murder of andy puglies who went missing a few years later in mass which was i belive less than an hr away no bodys were found. old man was insane and rulled out his story i guess based on news paper info

coco said:
Shadowangel, I would love to be able to visit Princess Doe's grave. That case has bothered me for such a long time.

This is totally off the topic but its been driving me mad so I will say it anyway, Remeber the Linda Sobek murder, well when they were searching for her body in LA nat park, remember how they also stumbled upon another body also of a model who had been murdered before Linda? Does anyone happen to know the name of this other Woman Its just that it has been driving me nuts and I can't seem to find any info...

Another case that haunts me... The Keddie resort murders.
http://www.keddiemurders.com/page/page/2313567.htm

The message board on this site has some interesting information.

After watching ABC Family Channel's Scariest PLaces on Earth over the weekend, I started looking into a place known as Lake Shawnee, a supposedly haunted amusement park. Instead of articles about this place, I found something else that has me wondering...
In late November, 1968, little Julie Rodriguez, 7, and her friend, 6 year-old Darleen Copensky, went missing from Rockaway Township, NJ. A large-scale search of the area began. The two girls were later found, dead, by Darleen's uncle---less than 150 feet from Julie's home. The girls had been beaten to death with a "boulder" found nearby. The girls were clothed, and there was no immediate sign of molestation. There are no other mentions of the murders in the archives, nor could I find any mention when I googled their names.
This report reminded me of another recent case, the details of which I can't remember, involving two young girls. I believe the father found them after a search, but as it turns out he murdered them. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I have to wonder if the uncle of Darleen was ever looked at in that case....

By the way, the NJ State Police Missing/UID website was finally updated, so I resubmitted Leah Jean Van Schoick as a possible match for Princess Doe. Back to waiting...

do u have any info on the amusment park i love a good haunting.

shadowangel said:
After watching ABC Family Channel's Scariest PLaces on Earth over the weekend, I started looking into a place known as Lake Shawnee, a supposedly haunted amusement park. Instead of articles about this place, I found something else that has me wondering...
In late November, 1968, little Julie Rodriguez, 7, and her friend, 6 year-old Darleen Copensky, went missing from Rockaway Township, NJ. A large-scale search of the area began. The two girls were later found, dead, by Darleen's uncle---less than 150 feet from Julie's home. The girls had been beaten to death with a "boulder" found nearby. The girls were clothed, and there was no immediate sign of molestation. There are no other mentions of the murders in the archives, nor could I find any mention when I googled their names.
This report reminded me of another recent case, the details of which I can't remember, involving two young girls. I believe the father found them after a search, but as it turns out he murdered them. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I have to wonder if the uncle of Darleen was ever looked at in that case....

By the way, the NJ State Police Missing/UID website was finally updated, so I resubmitted Leah Jean Van Schoick as a possible match for Princess Doe. Back to waiting...
Laura Hobbs and Krystal Tobias in Zion Illinois

The case that haunts me is from Vancouver British Columbia. The skeletal remains of two children were found in Stanley Park. They had apparently been there since about 1947. At first they were thought to be a boy and a girl. Thanks to modern forensics however they are now known to be both boys. And they were murdered. It is just such a tragic case, very haunting. It is listed on the Doe Network. I first heard about it on Cold Case Files.

I was going to start a new thread but decided to put this here. Hope somebody might be able to add something on these cases...

www.doenetwork.us/cases/295ufwa.html

An unidentified baby girl (?24 months) found in water, and unidentified woman nearby possibly her mother, also pregnant. So sad. At least they are together now. We just don't know who they are.

The other one is...
www.doenetwork.us/cases/169ufpa.html

unidentified female pregnant with full term pregnancy. Someone must know who she is.

I am surprised how many unidentified and missing people were pregnant, sometimes in third trimester.

laini said:
I was going to start a new thread but decided to put this here. Hope somebody might be able to add something on these cases...

www.doenetwork.us/cases/295ufwa.html

An unidentified baby girl (?24 months) found in water, and unidentified woman nearby possibly her mother, also pregnant. So sad. At least they are together now. We just don't know who they are.

The other one is...
www.doenetwork.us/cases/169ufpa.html

unidentified female pregnant with full term pregnancy. Someone must know who she is.

I am surprised how many unidentified and missing people were pregnant, sometimes in third trimester.
I looked at the grown woman info this morning and I found that she had ink writing on her hand that was 'WSR57 or WSR54 or WSR44 or WSR47'
WSR57 is the designation for a weather service radar that went into use in the 1960's up to the about '91. Since she was found in 1976 and had evidently died within 12 hours of being found since it was determined the ink would have been visible on her body only about that long. I actually think there is a better explanation for the lettering but first I will show the simple search results I got.

WSR57:
1953 Beecher Tornado Commemoration Program
This was later replaced in 1961 with a more modern WSR57. model that could be better used for severe weather warnings.
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/dtx/1953beecher/images/programbook.pdf
http://www.dodgenet.com/~weavers/afss/weather.htm
http://www.dodgenet.com/~weavers/afss/nexrad.htm

WSR54:
WSR54.J. Package Contains 50. Wall Starter Rails

WSR44:
A wall spice rail.
http://www.panracks.com/prices.htm

WSR47 is a snap ring part
http://www.minibearings.com.au/cgi-bin/datafill.pl?product=Rings%20-%20Retaining%20-%20Snaprings%20-%20External&firstitem=1=post

WSR45 Standard Secondo Violin Shoulder Rest 1/8-1/16 42.95
http://www.promusicaustralia.com/other/Strings.htm

OK, I think the letters probably are more likely to be an address.
Maybe something like West Sunset Road number 47=WSR47 or maybe WSR57.

Why did no one miss her?
Maybe someone just moved to a new area & didn't have their new address memorized so it was written on her fingers in ink.
Perhaps young hubby or boy friend maybe decided he didn't want her after all and so killed her and baby and dumped them. After all no one in their new neighborhood even knows she is missing because they probably haven't met her yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greygooose
Back